I'm Not Here To Cheat

Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Where is your mom??” Jiyong asked.

 

He just arrived home, and it just feels strange that his wife isn’t welcoming him like she usually does.

Seungri –who doesn’t even care- just shook his head with his mind and eyes are focusing on the tv show he’s watching. Jiyong started looking to the kitchen, the bedroom, the bathroom. And Dara is nowhere to be found.

He stepped outside the house and walked toward the room in the backyard. He peeked from outside the window and he sighed.

 

“How many times did I tell you don’t do it at night?” He said as he stepped inside. Startled, Dara quickly took off her glasses and rushed to hug her husband, realizing she had forgotten about him. The thing she’s making for Chaerin has swallowed her up. She’s very into it.

Jiyong noticed the work his wife has been doing. He took a look closer and frowned, “I’m confused. Why did you print so many pictures of our y neighbor?” he asked, he sounds funny that his question and face makes Dara laugh.

 

Dara quickly hide away her works, putting them all into the drawer, not letting her husband to have more look coz she’s too embarrassed. Dara just smiled at him, “She came into our house this morning…”

 

Jiyong raised his eyebrow, interested. He sat on the table and pulled Dara closer to his embrace.

 

“Did you two become friends already?”

 

“No. She was just returning the hammer and nails you borrowed her last night. And then I asked her to have some cookies. Then I showed her this room and she wanted me to make her one of my works.”

 

Jiyong grinned, “So you two were getting along, then?”

 

“Why do you look so happy of the idea of us getting along?” Dara asked as she leaned closer.

 

Jiyong smiled shyly, “I barely met a celebrity in my life. Do you know how cool it is to have a very famous, incredibly hot and wealthy superstar as your neighbor? And she came to your house and had a little chat with your wife? It’s cool… I’m happy!”

 

Dara giggled, she found her husband sounds so funny fanboy-ing over Chaerin.

 

“Can you ask her to come over again? But only this time, I had to be here. I want to see her more.”

 

Dara quickly shut Jiyong up by kissing him on the lips, “How dare you talk about other woman like that in front of me?” she murmured.

Jiyong smirked, “You jealous? How cute…”

Jiyong wrapped his arms around his wife’s waist and pulled her closer, kissing her passionately. He spins her around and made her sit on the table. He lay her down and started climbing to the top of her, making a noisy sound because the table is rather fragile.

 

Dara’s giggling but then she stopped him by cupping his cheeks. “Dinner, honey… our son is waiting for us. We can do this another time… just not now.” Dara said.

 

Jiyong pouted. He whimpered but then he got up. “How about we do it tonight?” Jiyong asked as he held Dara’s hand, walking out of the room.

 

“We’ll see…” Dara replied.

 

As they’re heading out of the room, Dara turned her head at Chaerin’s house, which is, meters away from hers. She noticed the lights that are on and the sound of loud music coming from the living room. She could see through the glassy wall though, she could see some people are laughing excessively. They seem so happy, wild, and free. But there’s no sign of the presence of the host of the house.

 

Jiyong squeezed Dara’s hand, Dara realized he’s also been watching the same thing right there. He hissed, “I wonder if there’s another celebrity too there, or are they all celebrities?” he murmured.

 

“I don’t know. They might be… I hope they won’t cause trouble.” She muttered.

 

“I hope we can get along with her… should we invite her to dinner sometimes?”Jiyong suggested.

 

“Jiyong darling, you’re in love…”

 

Jiyong chuckled. “Not as much as I’m in love with you…” he said, wrapping his arm around his wife before walking back into the house.

 

 

***

 

 

Dara went back to her studio to continue what she was working on again. She can’t help herself. She isn’t sleepy. She doesn't feel hungry. She doesn’t feel exhausted. She just wants to finish the scrapbook Chaerin asked her.

 

She’s very happy doing it. She does her best. She poured her heart into the craft and she can’t wait to show it to the superstar.

 

It’s funny for her, how someone can influence her like that. It’s the first time she’s feeling so overwhelmed like this.

 

“Mom…”

 

She’s startled. She stopped and lifted her head up, her eyes are widened witnessing her little boy is standing by the door hugging his teddy bear with sleepy eyes.

 

“I can’t sleep.” Seungri said.

 

“Why, baby?”

 

“It’s too loud. I can hear it so clearly from my room. Someone’s screaming and singing. I can’t sleep, mom.” He said in his shaky voice. Dara knows if she doesn’t come to hold him in a minute he would just burst into tears and it’s gonna be a trouble.

 

She quickly carried him away and looked outside. Oh how she feels so weird she didn’t hear any sound because she was too busy with her mind and her work. The noise coming from the big fancy house next door is indeed, pretty loud.

 

“Did you wake your dad as well?” Dara asked as she carried Seungri away from her studio and getting inside the house.

 

“I did. But he won’t wake up. He’s snoring. He’s not moving and he seems exhausted. So I came to look for you.” The little boy said.

 

Dara went inside her bedroom, tucked her son in. She let him sleep in her room next to his daddy coz it’s less noisy here and there’s also no window so he won’t be distracted.

 

“Try to get some sleep, I’m gonna talk with them, ask them to keep it down.”  She muttered carefully, not wanting to wake her tired husband. Seungri nodded his head and finally closed his eyes, obeying her mom, trying to fall asleep.

 

Dara walked out of the room and rushed downstairs. She ran out from the front door with only slippers and lousy t-shirt and shorts. She might be happy for the existence of some sophisticated people right there but not like this.

 

Someone whistled. Dara lifted her head up, looking for the person’s whereabouts.

She found the blonde standing at the balcony, leaning her hands against the handle, looking down at her with a smile and a can of beer on her hand. She’s only wearing a robe and she’s barefoot.

 

“Wanna join us?” she asked with a quiet loud voice, coz the voice inside her home is definitely louder than hers.

Dara tucked in her hands inside her shorts pocket and bit her bottom lip, “Uhm… actually I want you to keep it down.”

 

Chaerin frowned. She can’t even hear a thing. She let Dara repeated her sentence again but still she couldn’t catch a thing. Then she turned around and shouted to the people inside.

Suddenly the noise is gone. There’s only the sound of rock music faintly, played on a minimum volume, making the sound of people laughing is heard and exposed. They sound drunk and crazy.

 

Chaerin turned her attention back to Dara. She smiled at her uneasily, “Sorry about that… what were you saying?”

 

“Please keep it down… don’t be too loud. My son can’t sleep. He has to g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter