Chapter Eight: A coincident walk

Love You Like A Fool

              Being scold and lectures for almost the whole entire day, the next day is Tiffany grand performance and at night will be Kris’s confession and truth. This is the night Jessica is most afraid of and wishes that it will never happen. But there was no way out, no way to avoid this nightmare.

              Thirty minutes till the performance start. People begin walking to their seat. Jessica sat next to her mom and Kris take a seat beside her. She feels nervous and uncomfortable at the same time. The moment she decided to stand and leave, the light dim and the curtain parted, and a bright yellow spot light shines at the center of the stage. There on the stage lie a young woman in red short dress sitting and cuddling her legs on the floor.

              “It’s Tiffany.” Said Mrs. Jung, excitedly.

              The music played, Tiffany released her gripped and parted her arms. She looks up at the ceiling with a daze and confused look. Placing her index fingers at her temple and spin her head around. Dancers skipping out on to the stage from each side. A male skipping—gliding across the stage then slowly walk up to her, he bend down on one knee and reaches his arms out to her. He grabs her upper arms, gently. Tiffany looks at him and sees his sweet smile. He helps her up and begins to dance around—smoothly and soft skip around the stage. Jessica was so mesmerized and amazed by Tiffany gentle movement. Kris take a quick glance at Jessica—a glance at her beauty—then back at stage. Jessica caught it but did not turn and look at him, she focused all her attention on the stage. Suddenly, she thought of Siwon. Out of nowhere, she thought about him, wanting to see him, and wanting him to take her away before the nightmare happen.

              “Siwon, where are you. I need you.” Jessica whispered inside her head, begging him to come take her away. “Siwon”.

* * * *

              Working on the file, Siwon between the papers on the desk and the screen. Suddenly, he feels his heartbeat racing very face—nervous yet empty. Siwon move his right hand to the center of his chest and rest it there. Feeling his heart beats, he thought of someone and whispered its’ name, “Jessica”.

              “Siwon.” Donghae called out his name as he walks into his office with a dark grey folder in his right hand. “Check out this file. There seem to be some mistake.” He hands it to him.

              Siwon open the file and quickly read it. “It’s seem the numbers and date are incorrect. Not to mention the product line is out of order. I’ll contact the France later to get this corrected.” He said.

              “Okay, good. I thought my eyes was playing me again.” Donghae signed in relief.

              “Did you stay up late again?”

              Donghae nod. “Have not slept for two days.” He said. “Krystal is a little worry that I might lose weight and fall sleep at any time.”

              “As well as your health.” Siwon added.

              “Yes.”

              “Krystal is such good wife.” Siwon said with envied.

              “You know you can find yourself one if you leave this office.”

              Siwon chuckles. “Too much work, I can’t do it.” He said, jokingly. “Anyway, have you heard anything from Nichkhun?”

              Donghae shook his head, “No, but I do know that he’s coming back to Seoul soon.”

              “When?”

              “I don’t know. I got this information from his dad.”

              “What is he up too?” Said as he stood at the full length window.

              Donghae close the file and turn the monitor off. “Come on, you need to leave. The company is not paying you overtime.”

              “I’m part of this shareholder. There’s no overtime pay for me.” Siwon Said.

              “It’s getting late. We need some rest. I’m not a in hurry for this document to be corrected and whatever you’re working can wait till tomorrow.” Donghae said as he drags Siwon out of the office to the elevator.

              “Why are you so bossy? I feel like after you’ve gotten married, you become more naggy.” Siwon complained in a lighthearted tone.

              “Hey! It’s not naggy. It called caring for my brother.”

              The two of them step into the elevator and Donghae press the letter green button. Once both step out of the elevator, Donghae get a phone call from Krystal and immediately answer the phone.

              “Yeobo.”

              “When are you coming home?” Krystal asked in a soft tone.

              “Soon.” Donghae answered. “I’m leaving the building right now. I’ll be home in fifteen minutes. Are the kids in bed yet?”

              “They are. They wanted to wait for you, but I told them that they will see you tomorrow morning.”

              “Okay. How about I take a day off tomorrow and call it a family day?”

              “That will be great!” Krystal said, happily. “I love you honey.”

              “I love you too. I see you later.”

              “Bye-bye and drive safe.”

              “Bye-bye.” Donghae said before he ended the called.

              “Krystal wanted you home?” Siwon asked.

              “Yes. I haven’t been spending time with her and the kids these past days. I’m going to take a day off tomorrow.”

              “You are really a great husband.” Siwon praised. “Go home to them. I’m going to go for a spin before going back to my place.”

              “Okay, but don’t stay out too late.”

              “When did you become my mom?” Siwon jokingly said as Donghae head to his car.

              “Since day one.” Donghae laughs before he gets in the car and start his engine.

              Siwon wave goodbye to him and head to his car parking under the light. Sitting in the car, he reaches inside the inner pocket of his jacket for his cellphone and unlock the lock screen. Going through the contact list, he stops at Mr. Jung name and remember Jessica.

            I wonder what she’s doing? Is she a sleep or awake? I should have asked her for her number, but it would be weird and awkward, since we don’t know each other well. ”

              Siwon shake his head then put his phone into his pocket and start his car.  Pressing on the gas pedal and hit the road. Siwon the roam around the city, turning left then right, he cruises for over thirty minutes stop in front of a grand theater in Seoul.

* * * *

              The show was over. Audiences leaving the theater. Jessica along with her family and Kris waited outside the theater for Tiffany with a rose bouquet in her hands.  

              “Is he really going to tell? Is he really going to break up with her for me?” Jessica quietly think to herself. “I don’t want it to happen.”

              “Jessica! Omma! Appa!” Tiffany called out for them as she happily run to them, giving them hug before she jump into Kris arm.

              Seeing how happy Tiffany is in Kris’s arms made her jealous. Jessica looks away.

              “You were great tonight.” Kris said.

              “Kamsahamnida.” Tiffany as she break the hug.

              “Yes, darling. You were gorgeous.” Said Mrs. Jung. “And so was your partner.”

              “He is the best.  I trust him the most.” Tiffany said, happily.

              “Are you hungry? Shall we go celebrate?” Mr. Jung asked.

              “Of course, she is hungry!” Mrs. Jung said, favorably. “We need to go celebrate this successful night.”

              Not paying attention to what they were saying, Jessica stared at the bright street in front of her. Then suddenly she sees someone familiar, “Siwon?” She whispered.

              “Did you say something?” Mr. Jung asked.

              “Appa, is that Siwon?” She pointed at the tall figure walking outside the theater.

              “It is him. What a coincident!” Said Mr. Jung. He hurriedly walks to the exit, “Siwon!” He shouts for him.

              Siwon stop and turn around. “Mr. Jung.”

              Mr. Jung walks up to him. “What are you doing out this late?”

              “It’s late?” Siwon said as he looks at his watch. “Oh wow, one more hour till midnight. I was just going for a walk after driving for thirty minutes.”

              “You didn’t want to go home?”

              Siwon smile, “It’s too lonely there.” He said. “What are you doing out here this late?”

              “I’m with my family. We just finished watching Tiffany’s grand opening show tonight.” He said as he turns and pointed at the theater.

              Jessica walks out of the building as stood by the entrances. Looking pass Mr. Jung shoulder, he sees Jessica standing under the bright light that shines from the sign.

              “We are going to go eat, would you like to join us?” Mr. Jung asked.

              Jessica, Tiffany, Kris, and Mrs. Jung walk up to Siwon and Mr. Jung.

              “Annyounghaeseyo.” Mrs. Jung greeted Siwon.

              Jessica shyly bowed as a greeting to him.

              “Annyoung Mr. Choi. It’s such a coincident to bump into you here.” Said Tiffany, joyfully.

              “Yes, what a coincident.” Siwon said. He lifts his hand out to her, “Congratulation on the tonight show.”

              Tiffany shakes his hand. “Kamsahamnida.” She said with a smile.

              “Yobo, I was just asking him to join us for dinner.” Said Mr. Jung.

              “Dinner? He had dinner already.” Said Mrs. Jung.       must

             “Umm not really. I’ve been working all morning.” Said Siwon, gently. He immediately understand what Mrs. Jung meant along with her facial expression. “But I’m not hungry. Anyway, I should be heading home. You all go enjoy.”             

               “Didn’t you say your home was lonely that’s why you didn’t want to go home?” Said Mr. Jung. “Come on, join us. It will be great.” He insisted.

              “No, it’s okay. Maybe some other time.” Siwon said, nervously.

              “It will be nice to have you there.” Jessica spoke loudly.

              Siwon froze for a second. “What?”

              “I mean it has been two days since the last time we saw you. I still want to thank you for keeping me company the other night. If you don’t mind, come join us.” Jessica said.

              “Yes, I still want to thank you for coming to my anniversary and taking good care of Jessica.” Said Mr. Jung. “Let’s go. I’m quite hungry.”

              Siwon gulp nervously, “Umm….”

              “Where did you park? Is it far from here? I know there’s a restaurant just down the street. It’s really good.” Said Mr. Jung.

              “Yes. I know that restaurant as well. It’s Jessica and my favorite place to go eat.”

              “Sure.” Siwon said.

              “Let’s go then.” Mr. Jung said with a smile as he lead the way.

              Siwon walk beside him as Jessica and Mrs. Jung follow behind them.

              “Is everything going well at your company?” Mr. Jung asked.

              “Everything is well. We have a new contract that needed to be review before closing it.” Siwon answered. “By the way, I will email you a document tomorrow. There is an adjustment needed to be done before I can send it to France.”

              “Sure. I will look at it the first thing in the morning.”

              “It’s night. Work hours is over. We should not talk about work.” Said Mrs. Jung.

              “Yes. It’s time to relax.” Tiffany added.

              Siwon turns his head and smiles at Jessica. “How have you been?”

              “I’m been great. Thank you for asking. How have you been? Busy?”

              Siwon made a playful face, “Yes. Too much files to review.”

              Kris, who’s behind Jessica, was getting annoy and jealous just listening to the conversation. Shortly, they arrive at a fancy restaurant and the hostess escorted them to a private room. Everybody take a seat at the spacious round tables: Jessica next to her mom, Tiffany sat beside Jessica, Siwon sat on the left side of Mr. Jung, Kris sat next to Tiffany, and Mrs. Jung seated on the right side of Mr. Jung. After looking at the menu, the waiter enter the room with a bottle of wine and pour the wine into the wine glasses before taking order. The waiter leave the room with a list of entrées and appetizer written in his small notebook.

              “Siwon, how is your wife?” Mrs. Jung asked.

              “I’m

divorce.” Siwon replied.

              “Divorce again?” Mrs. Jung said in a shocking tone.

              Mr. Jung give her a sharp look to remain quiet.

              “Yes. We don’t seem to connect, so I end the marriage.” Siwon explain.

              “I heard you’re going back to France?” Mrs. Jung asked.

              “You’re going back to France?” Jessica said in a slight sad tone.

              “Yes. Soon.” Siwon answered. “There’s a few things I need to personally take care.”

              “How long will you be staying there?” Jessica asked.

              Kris look at her with jealousy.

              “I don’t know. I manage the business in France while Donghae manage here.” Siwon answered.

              “Oh.” Jessica said, sadly with her eyes down to the table.

              “I’ll be back.” Siwon said with a smile.

              Jessica shyly smiles in return. Mrs. Jung open and was about to speak until the doors open and the waiters enter the room with dishes in their hands. Carefully, they place it on the table.

              “Enjoy.” Said the lead waiter before leaving the room with few others following close behind.

              Everybody pick up their chopstick and begin eating. They chat and eat, while Kris stay quiet the whole entire time. Both Jessica and Tiffany noticed it. Tiffany try to get him to talk by discussing about her work and show, but it’s not working. Jessica ignored him, but what’s bothering her is Siwon leaving Seoul soon. She wants him to stay and keep her company, as well as, as her excuse to avoid Kris. But with him gone, she will have to face the nightmare alone soon.

              “Siwon, how are you’re nephews?” Mrs. Jung asked.

              “They are doing great.” Siwon answer.

              “All of them are good kids. They will have a bright future like their father and uncle.” Said Mr. Jung.

              “You should really think about settling down serious and have kids of your own.” Said Mrs. Jung.

              Siwon suddenly choke on the rice after a small scoop into his mouth. He immediately put the bowl and utensil down and take a sip of water. Jessica was slightly shock by her mom words and take a quick glance at Siwon, who is nervously gulping.

              “Umm….I need to find the right one first.”

              “You’re not getting any younger.” Said Mrs. Jung. “You need an heir.”

              Siwon nervously smiles at Mrs. Jung and sneak a glance at Jessica, who immediately looks away.

              Mr. Jung lightly elbow his wife to stop pressuring Siwon. “Siwon, keep eating. She was just joking around.” He said.

              Siwon nervously smiles and takes another sip of water. Dinner soon ended, Siwon taken care of the bill. Mr. Jung and Siwon exchanges words—none work related words. Kris secretly glances at Jessica from time to time as he talks to Tiffany. Jessica avoid it at all cause as she hold onto her cup of water, but she could not help it and glance at him back. Tiffany went to use the restroom, Kris take out his phone and text a few words to Jessica.       

“Jessica, is there something between you and him? – Kris.”

Jessica fills her phone vibrating in her glance at Kris before she reply back.pulse, she takes it out and read the message. She secretly

              “No, we are just friend.”

              Kris read the message and immediately reply before he put his phone away. Tiffany enter the room and sit at her seat.

              “Let’s chat later. I will message you.”

              Siwon sneak a glance at Jessica and sees how tightly she hold onto her phone as she nervously looks to the side.

              “Alright, it’s getting late. We should head home. Siwon need to rest too.” Said Mr. Jung.

              Everyone get up from their seat and begin heading to the door, walking out of the room and out of the restaurant. They stop and stand in front of the restaurant.

              “Thank you for having me tonight.” Said Siwon, calmly with a smile.

              “No, thank you for joining us tonight.” Said Mr. Jung. “See you tomorrow.”

              Siwon nod before he bow to Mr. Jung and his family. “Good-bye.” He said, softly. One last glance at Jessica, who is also looking at him with full of mix emotion inside of her that want to explode any moment soon. But she keeps inside and flash a weak smile across her face. Siwon turn and walks away the Jung family.

              Jessica watches him walk farther and farther away for a bit before turn and leave the place side by side with her mom. Kris, who’s walking beside Tiffany and holding her hand, fill uncomfortable and curiously wonder about Jessica and Siwon relationship. It bothers him deeply.

 

to be continue…………………………………………

 

 

Hi friends, 

It has been a WHILE since iIupdate this story and I am sorry for the waits. I lost inspiration to continue writing a few years back, however, I suddenly got the inspiration to continues. I made a few changes, adding a few characters to the story and made a few change in chapter 4 and 5. 

I promise, I will do my best to finish this story. Enjoy!

Lindatr2011