Chapter 19: Nichkhun's Confession

Love You Like A Fool

              “When did you two started dating? When did all of this happen?” Sooyoung questions.

              “Yah! How come you don’t tell us.” Yuri raised her voice, a bit of upset yet happy mix inside her voice.

               “I—I…” Jessica tries to explain but she could not find the right words to speak.

              “That ring on your left hand was from him, huh?” Sooyoung questioned as she points at the ring that Jessica is wearing.

              “We both agree to keep it low. If you're wondering how and when it all happen? I can only tell you that it all happens in Paris.” Said Siwon, calmly. “Please don’t be so hard on her. You can question me, I will answer.”

              “So cool.” Said Hyoyeon and Yoona, envying Siwon cool character for standing up and protecting Jessica.

              “No wonder she would not tell us anything about the ring.” Said Seohyun. “So secretive.”

              “Two wedding to attend.” Said IU with happy smiles. “First, is Tiffany’s wedding. Next is yours. Wow! We have a lot of wedding to attend.”

              “When is the wedding?” Hyuna asked.

              “Not sure yet, but it will happen after Tiffany.”  Said Jessica.

              “Wow. The Jung sisters are getting marry around the same time.”  Said Eunjung. “Congratulation.”       

              “Kamsahamnida.” Said Jessica and Siwon.

              “I can smell the food now. Let’s eat.” Said Jokwon excitedly.

              Siwon and Nichkhun carry the bags over the white long table by the wall. Nichkhun sees the bouquet he picked out for Taeyeon, sitting in a small vase with waters to keep is fresh and alive. Taeyeon, Jessica, and IU open the bags and places the bento boxes on the table. Everyone takes turn grabbing something to eat before they continue. Sunny and Yoona walks over to Taeyeon to help her sorts the foods and utensil.

              “By the way, pretty flowers.” Said Yoona as she places the plates beside the foods. “Who’s the person?” she asked.

              Taeyeon hesitates to answer her.

              “Yeah, tell us who give you these beautiful flowers.” Said Hyoyeon as she holds the small vase of flowers.

              “It’s someone.” Taeyeon answered in a low tone.

              “Who’s that someone?” Hyoyeon questioned her with flirty eyes expression looking at her.

              Standing near Taeyeon, Nichkhun listened carefully as he looks at her, hoping she said his name.

              Taeyeon bites her lips as she holds onto the napkins. “It’s—….”

              “Let’s eat! I’m starving.” Jokwon pushes the girls aside and grab a plate, chopstick, and spoon.

              “Jokwon! Are you that starving?” said Hyoyeon.

              “Yesssss….. I haven’t eaten anything all day.” Said Jokwon as he begins to grab foods and put it on his plate. “After we eat, Hoya should be here to practice the dances with us.”

              “You’re such a pig!” Said Hyuna.

              Nichkhun sighed quietly with his head down then turn around and walks away from the table. Taeyeon guiltily watches him from the table

              “What can I help with?” Siwon asked as he looks at Jessica.

              “Did you eat?” Jessica asked.

              “I’m not hungry.” Said Siwon with a smile. “You should go eat. Maybe you can direct me. Tell me what I need to do.”

              “Okay, then can you help me finish hanging the rest of the signed on the wall. I need the banner hangs in front of the mirror as well. Be careful the banner is heavy.”

              “Okay. Nichkhun and I will manage it.” Said Siwon before he takes off his jacket. He sees Nichkhun walking up to him, “Nichkhun, can you help me hang the banner while I finish the hanging up the rest of the sign?”

              “Sure.” Said Nichkhun, hopelessly. He sees the banner by the full-length mirror and walks over to it. He takes off his jacket and rolls up his sleeves.

              Nichkhun looks up the ceiling and sees a dark metal bar with a hook at each end just above and a few inches away from the mirror. He went to grab the ladder by the wall near the table and carries it over to the full-length mirrors. The group watches Nichkhun and Siwon help hangs a few things on the wall. Taeyeon watches Nichkhun slide the stainless-steel bar through the hole of the banner before he carries with him and up the ladder.

              Hyoyeon watches Jokwon walking away from the table of foods and notice his shoelace lose. “Hey, tie your shoelaces first before your trip again and break something.” Said Hyoyeon, loudly.

              Jokwon ignores here and continues to walk over to Nichkhun. “Be careful.” Jokwon shouts as he walks up to Nichkhun with a plate in his hand.

              Yuri and Hyuna follow him, “He’s going to goes trouble again.” Said Hyuna.

              Jokwon overhears it and turns around. “I’m not.” He said to them before he turns around, takes a couple step, and trip on his shoelace. 

              Nichkhun lifts the banner up and over him. He places the banner over the hook. Suddenly, something bumps into the ladder—losing its’ balance. He falls down, hitting his right arm at the sharp edge of the ladder. Taeyeon immediately rush to him. Everyone turns and rush over to him after they heard a loud noise. Nichkhun gets back on his feet and picks up the ladder.

              “Mianhe Nichkhun.” Jokwon guiltily apologized. “I didn’t mean to trip and push the ladder.”

              “It’s okay. It was an accident.” Said Nichkhun.       

              Hyuna playfully slaps Jokwon left arm. “See! I told you.” Said Hyuna.           

              Jokwon flash a tongue taunt before he looks back at Nichkhun and sees red drops dripping onto the floor.

              “You’re bleeding.” Said Taeyeon as she grabs onto his right arm and lifts it up so that she can take a closer look. A smile flashes across his face as he looks at Taeyeon’s concern face. “Let’s get it clean and bandage.” She said as she walks him to the break room of the studio.

              Everyone watches in worries, while a few including Sooyoung, Yuri, Sunny, and Hyoyeon notice something fishy going on between Taeyeon and Nichkhun.

              Nichkhun wait by the sink as he watches Taeyeon grab the first aid box from the bottom shelve of the top cabin. She walks over to him and places the box on the counter.

              “It’s just a cut. I can just watch the blood off and put a bandage on it.” Said Nichkhun, seeing her grab a couple gauze out of the box.

              “If you don’t treat it carefully, it can get worse.” Said Taeyeon as she put all her focus on treating his cut. She grabs one of the gauzes and wet it before gently clean the ‘dirty’ blood off the cut on his arm.

              Nichkhun happily stands and watches her gentle looks. He takes the chance to slowly move closer to her as she gently cleans the blood around his cut before apply ointment over it and tap the gauze over the cut. A strand of hair glide down from the side and lightly swing beside her eyes. With his other free hand, Nichkhun glides the softly glide the strand of hair to the side. His action startles her a little as she looks at him. Nichkhun smiles softly as he looks into her eyes. She didn’t realize how close they are to each other.

              “You care about me.” Said Nichkhun.

              “No. Your hurt because of Jokwon, so as his friend, I should treat you. Jokwon is clumsy, I don’t trust him.” Said Taeyeon, nervously and shyly.

              “Ahh…” Said Nichkhun. He takes another step closer. Taeyeon lifts her right feet and takes a step back but Nichkhun grabs her wrist—stop her from backing away—and lock her in between his arms. Locks her in between him and the sink counter.  He lowers his head, leaving nine inches gap between them. Taeyeon immediately places her hands on his chest, stopping him if he moves any closer to her.

              Nichkhun chuckles lightly, “Nervous?” He said. Taeyeon shyly blushes as she looks into his happy yet charming eyes. “I said I won’t kiss you. I keep my word until you accept me.”

              Taeyeon was speechless as her heart beats furiously fast. Sooyoung, Yuri, Yoona, and Hyoyeon peaking from behind the wall gasp in surprise. All four of them cover the mouth, trying to keep their voice down.

              “I wish you could smile more. You have a beautiful smile.” Said Nichkhun, sweetly. “But today, you seem troubled by something. Can I help you in any way?” He looks at her worriedly.

              “Why do you care about me?” Taeyeon asked with mix feeling stirring inside of her. “Why are you attentive toward me?... You don’t have too—...”

              “Because I want too. I care about you. I want to make you smile. I want you to be happy.” Said Nichkhun, cutting her off her words. “I would do anything in this world to make you smile like the way you smile when you held onto the flowers.”

              “We’re just two stranger that met by coincident.”

              Nichkhun chuckles lightly to the side, “Stranger.” He whispered. Taeyeon gulp nervously as she worriedly looks at him, hoping that she did not hurt him. Nichkhun inhale and exhale for a second then looks into her eyes. “Do you really not like me one bit?......” He asked, sincerely. Taeyeon baffle in her own world trying to find answer. She does not know what she wants. She does not know if she like him or not. The only thing in her mind is her concern for Tiffany and Jessica’s secret. Nichkhun reach for her right hand—hold its’ and guide it to the center of his chest were his heart is resting. His action shocks Taeyeon and the girls that hide behind the wall by the door to the break room. “Can you feel my heart? Can you feel my sincere?” He said in soft tone. Taeyeon was still surprise by his action, unable to get out of her. “I’m serious about you…. The first I met you was at the hospital where you console Jessica at her darkest moment. You were dressed in black skinny bottom, white top with blue long sleeve over it, and a pair of white shoe. Your hair was like today—simple curls…” He did not leave any detail, vividly giving her a image the first time he met her and has fallen in love with her. The calm smiles across his face as he expresses his feeling to her. “The milky skin with an innocent look that can melt anyone heart…As I approach the family, all I see is you. I don’t know what happen to me or why I was looking only at you, but I know I was worried about you… so, with one last cup of hot drink. I walk up to you and gave it to you in hope it can calm you and give you the strength to stay strong…. When I saw you chase after Jessica, I stopped you because I believed Siwon would be the one to comfort her… and you trusted me.” Nichkhun voice was soft as he calmly recalled the time he met her, not leaving out any detail. “The second time we met, I saw you at the hospital again making your way to Jung’s room. I was very happy to see you again, so I immediately approach you and walk with you so that I can get to know you more…. But you seem afraid of me…. After I left the room and chased someone, I turned around and saw you standing outside the hospital with these pair of worried eyes looking at me… it calms me…. The third time we met, I held your hand again, hoping you would open up to me and like me… but was walk away…. The fourth time we met, I saw you at the coffee shop. I tried hard to get you to stay with me, but you walk away again. The fifth time we met, I came to the shop, in hope, to see you again and ask you out for dinner…but was rejected… That day was also the first time I get to see you smile… a smile that I can’t forget… and if I continues, I can give you every little detail from day one to today all over again…” He said with soft and sweet smiles, “Yes, I’m very attentive toward you because everything I do is so that you can smile….no matter how hard to try to push me away… how hard you try to run away, I won’t give up….. Taeyeon, I want to be a part of your life.”

              His confessed shocks her, making her speechless as she looks into his charming eyes. But at the same time, it confuses her in many ways. A part of her want to open up to him, but her shy and stubborn was afraid of getting hurt. She has never been in love. She has never been in a relationship. She desires for love but is afraid to love. She’s afraid that once she gives in, she will fall hard and hurt herself in the future. With him, a man she barely knows for a little over two weeks or more now. To her, it’s still a stranger zone but he makes her heart nervous and flusters. The first to make her feel this way.

              “Wow, he’s so romantic.” Said Hyoyeon dreamingly with envy.

              Yuri covers , hoping her voice does not interrupt Nichkhun and Taeyeon moment together.

              “I know. I wish I can find a man like him that remember every detail. A man that gives me a reason why I fell in love with him.” Said Sooyoung.

              Yuri cover Sooyoung mouth with her other free hand. “Yah. Both of you are loud.” She said.

              Sooyoung and Hyoyeon cover Yuri mouth with their right hand, giving her an eyes signal, “You too.”

              Taeyeon and Nichkhun heard their voice and turn their head to the entrance of the break room. Nichkhun takes a step back away from Taeyeon. She shyly glides a strand of hair in front of her ear to the back of her left ear.

              The four steps out from behind the walls with a smile. “Mianhe, we didn’t mean to eavesdrop.” Said Sunny.

              “Yes, we are so sorry for interrupting you two. We were actually going to tell Taeyeon that it’s time to practice the dance before we plan to go away if it weren’t for Hyoyeon big mouth.”

              Hyoyeon looks at her, giving her a death glare. “Yah. You have a big mouth too.” She said.

              “Anyway, we’re going to leave now.” Said Yuri as she tries to drag Hyoyeon and Sooyoung away from the room, but Hyoyeon stops and looks at Taeyeon.   

              “But seriously Taeyeon, you got a romantic man pursuing you. You should give him a chance.” Said Hyoyeon, nodding her head and send her a wink.

              Taeyeon feels her cheeks burning.

              “Just ignore them. We’re going to check on you, Nichkhun, and see if we can get you anything to stop the bleeding but it looks like Taeyeon got it all under control.” Said Yoona. “Taeyeon, once you are done. Join us so that we can get started on the dances.”

              “I’m done.” Taeyeon answered immediately. “We can go practice.” Without looking at him, she walks over to the girls and grabs Sunny. She leaves the room with them.

              Nichkhun let out a weak chuckle as he looks at the emptiness space in front of him. He nods his head lightly before he walks out of the room and sees Taeyeon standing in front of the full-length mirrors at the end of the room with the rest of the girls. Jokwon stands behind a small desk just on the side from the girls with all the DJ equipment is at.

              “1.2.3.” Jokwon tested the sound of the speaker.

The girls—Jessica, Taeyeon, Sooyoung, Hyoyeon, Yuri, Yoona, Sunny, and Seohyun—get into formation.

              “Jokwon, lets’ do a one-minute dance practice first so that we can get into to sync with the actual song.” Said Sooyoung.

              “Okay. What song do you want me to play? Genie, Holiday, or Express 999?” Jokwon asked.

              “Lets’ start with All Night.” Said Sunny.

              Jokwon put a thumb up and enter Holiday into his laptop. The song plays loudly. The girls sync immediately begin with Taeyeon singing the first verse. Nichkhun watch surprise how good she dances and sees. He gives her all his attention, watching her closely as he stands beside Siwon. He was very amazed how well she dances.

              Siwon could not stop smiling as he watches Jessica dance and sings in front of him. Her vocal amazes her. He could not be more proud of her for filling in Tiffany for a few songs. Jokwon slowly quiets the song before changing to their next song, ‘Catch me if you can’. The girls quickly get to their spot in the song. The music and dances move shock both Nichkhun and Siwon. Gliding from one spot to the next, Jessica shows her flexible movement, moving her hips to the rhythm of the music as she sings her part in the song. Siwon felt as if his heart was about to burst out of his chest any second as he continues to watch her from his spot

              Hyuna, Eunjung, and IU cheers and dance along with them as she stands beside Siwon and Nichkhun. The fierce dance song end and another song play, ‘You think’, a ier yet fierce dance.

              “Wow.” Nichkhun raised his eyebrow with his eyes wide as he watches how Taeyeon shake her hip. “Did you know about this?”

              “I totally did not.” Said Siwon, who could not take his eyes off Jessica. “This is the first for me too.”

              “I’m glad I came.” Said Nichkhun, with a smile.

              “Where is Hoya?” Eunjung asked. “Have you heard anything from him?”

              IU shook her head, “The last time I saw him was yesterday before leaving the studio. He says he will not be coming in today, but he will join us tomorrow.” She said.

              “Oh.”

              The dance practice end. Everyone claps.    

              “That was perfect girls.” Said Jokwon with a thumb up. 

              “You girls still got moves.” Said Jun. K with a wide smile.

              “Agree.” Yesung raises a thumb up. “Tiffany will love it, but I’m a little worry.”

              “I know. What if it will make her said if she saw us dancing and singing tomorrow. She has a passion for singing and dancing, but she can’t no longer do what she love anymore.” Said Sooyoung worriedly as she looks at the girls.

              The smiles on Jessica disappear as she looks at the floor. Siwon walks up to him, wrap his left arm around her. Jessica looks up and sees a warm smile yet worried face.

              “Everything will be alright. Tiffany will understand.” Said Siwon, calmly. “Maybe after the dance, you girls at in a moral support dance to cheer her up. Something that let her know you and everyone here is supporting her.”

              Siwon idea lights up a smile across Jessica's face.

              “That’s a great idea.” Said Sunny.

              “I think I have a dance in mind.” Said Hyoyeon with a bright yet sly smile.

              “Oh no, you don’t.” Yoona disagrees, knowing what’s in Hyoyeon mind.

              “Why?” Hyoyeon pouted.

              “Last time you say that we end up embarrassing ourselves in front of everyone.” Said Yoona, recalling their embarrassing moments.

              “Isn’t that the point? We need to make her laugh.” Said Hyoyeon.

              Seohyun, Yuri and Sooyoung nod, agreeing with Hyoyeon idea.

              “You actually make a point this time.” Said Seohyun.

              “Even the maknae agree.” Hyoyeon places her right arm around Seohyun. “Why do you have to be so tall.”

              “You should have drink milk before you stop growing.” Said Seohyun, teasing Hyoyeon.

              Hyoyeon glares her evilly before she pinches her right cheek.

              “Ahh! That hurt.” Seohyun exclaimed. Hyoyeon laughs.

              “Let’s go with Siwon’s idea.” Said Yesung. “Let’s start by making signs first. I think we have boards and paper in the back.”

              “I’ll get it with you.” Said Jun. K. “You girls think of what to write and make.”

              They all nod. Yesung, Jokwon, and Jun. K went to the storage room in the back to grab the materials. The rest of the girls— except Taeyeon, Sunny, and Hyoyeon—walks up to the closet and grab markers—anything they can write with. Taeyeon glance at Nichkhun and caught him looking at her. His gazes were seductive yet charming in some way as he looks at her with both hands inside his pant pockets.

              “When did you and he start?” Sunny asked quietly.

              “Yeah. I want to know.” Hyoyeon said with excitement.

              “There’s nothing between me and him,” Taeyeon whispered to him.

              “Liar. He confessed to you in the break room. There must be something going on between you and him.” Said Hyoyeon with determination to get an answered from Taeyeon.               

              Taeyeon takes a moment to think to herself, how to answer them and how to answer to her heart. She gazes at Nichkhun with a pair of stern eyes. “Even if there is, it’s a one side thing. I have no feeling for him.” The stubborn Taeyeon continues to defy her heart, trying to maintain her seriousness. Lying to her close friend. Lying to her heart as she looks into his sad yet hurt eyes. “Mianhe.” She whispered with guilt.

              Nichkhun heard and was hurt by her words. He blinked at her with a devoid look before he nods his head lightly, understanding her words. Just gazing at his sad face, hurts her as if her own words have turned into knives and pierces through her heart. Sunny knew Taeyeon was lying to them…lying to herself as she looks at the both of them just standing and facing each other.

              “Mianhe, Nichkhun…..” She whispered again in her head.

 

To be continued…………………….