Chapter 20: I know everything

Love You Like A Fool

             Everyone gathers in front of the studio before Eunjung and Jessica close the main door and lock it with a pin. One by one say goodbye and leave. There was only Taeyeon, Sunny, and Hyoyeon left, standing with Jessica, Siwon, and Nichkhun. The moment Taeyeon say goodbye to Jessica, Nichkhun receive a phone called from his brother.

             “Hello.” Nichkhun answered the called.

             “Nichkhun, the house was on fire.” Said Nichan.

“What!” Nichkhun eyes raise, shocked.

              The five of them looks at Nichkhun and see his fury yet worry face as he talks on the phone.

              “Is mom and other safe?” Nichkhun asked worriedly.

              “Yes. Luckily they weren’t home when the bomb exploded.” Said Nichan.

              “!” Nichkhun inhales and exhales furious as he grinds his teeth, glaring at the empty space in front of him.

              Taeyeon worriedly grabs onto the strap of her purses as she gazes at him with full of worries.

              “Someone has invaded the house and set the bomb. A few maids were injured and are in the hospital getting treated.” Nichan continued.

              “Where is mom and the other?” Nichkhun asked in a livid tone.

              “They are staying at my place right now. I have the security guarding them.”

              “Okay. If they ask, don’t tell them anything. I’ll be there soon.”

              “Then, I'll go to take care of what I can for now.” Said Nichan.

              “Okay.” Said Nichkhun before both of them hang up.

               Siwon walks up to Nichkhun and grabs his left shoulder. “What’s wrong?” He asked, concern.

              “I’m going to be gone for a couple days. Someone planted a bomb in my mom house.” Said Nichkhun as he texted his assistant to have his private plane ready for him to fly to Bangkok in an hour.

              “Is everyone alright? Your mom?”

              “Luckily, she was not home when the bomb went off. I have to fly there now.”

              “Is it him?” Siwon asked.

              “I don’t know, but if my halmeoni ask about me or anything about my mom, just tell her that it was a false news.” Said Nichkhun as he read the message from his assistant with a reply stating that the plane will be ready for him once he arrived. Siwon nod. Nichkhun walks up to his car. Taeyeon’s heart wants to run to him, go with him, but her body and mind are not listening to her. She could only stand and watches him reverse out of the parking lot and speed into the main road. Her breath becomes heavy, her heart beating furious fast as she worriedly thinks about him.

              “What happen?” Jessica asked, worriedly. “Why is he in a hurry?”

              “He has to fly to Bangkok. His mom’s house exploded.”

              “Oh my god.” Jessica covered in shock. “Is everyone okay?”

              “Luckily.” Said Siwon as he takes out his phone and makes a call. “Come on, I’ll take you home.”

              Jessica nod and walks with him to his car. Jessica waves goodbye to the Taeyeon, Sunny, and Hyoyeon before she enters the car. Siwon drives away from the studio.

              “Worry about him?” Said Sunny as she looks at Taeyeon. She could see it through eyes. The way Taeyeon grab tightly onto the purse strap and staring at the empty road. Taeyeon is worry about Nichkhun.

              Taeyeon stays quiet as she nervously holds onto the strap of her purse.

              “Then why did you lie earlier?” Said Sunny, calmly.

              “I hope his family is alright.” Said Hyoyeon with concern. “He’s a nice person. Why would someone do such thing?”

              “I don’t know…. I’m just…..” Taeyeon stuttered.

              “Worry about him?” Sunny finishes Taeyeon sentences. “Just admitted it already that you are worried about him. If you keep pushing him away, one day, you will regret it.” Said Sunny.

              “The way he looks at you. The way he confessed to you. He remembers every detail. A man like that is hard to find.” Said Hyoyeon with her right hand on Taeyeon’s shoulder.

              Taeyeon looks at her with frightening eyes.

              “Come on, let’s go home.” Said Sunny, wraps her right arm around her.

              Hyoyeon and Taeyeon follow her to her car. Once everyone is buckled up, Sunny shift the handle to ‘D’ and drive away from the studio.

* * * * *

               Walking into Tiffany’s suite, in the hospital, and into the small bedroom. Kris sees Tiffany resting her back against the bed head. He walks up to her with a smile, not too bright.

               “What’s wrong?” Kris asked as he takes a sit at the edge of the bed, holding her hand.

               “Can’t sleep. I’m thinking about Jessica and Siwon’s marriage. Why all of sudden?” Tiffany continues to question herself as she looks at Kris. “They just know each other. Barely understand each other and yet, Jessica wants to marry him.”

               “I don’t know. Maybe he loves her.” Said Kris in an unpleasant tone, avoiding her eyes. “Did she come visit you today?” He asked.

               Tiffany shook her head, “No.” She said. “Omma said she with Siwon all day today.”

               Kris grinds his teeth as he stares at the blanket. He couldn’t help but think of many unpleasant things that could happen hearing Jessica with Siwon.

              “Kris, you should talk to her or Siwon about the marriage. It’s just too soon and he’s nearly twice her age.” Said Tiffany.

              “I’ve tried talking to her already.”

              “How about Siwon?”

              “I hardly see him. I don’t even know where he lives or works.”

              “Appa said he has a penthouse at the Four Season. It’s on my phone.” Said Tiffany. “You should have a talk with Siwon and ask him why.”

              “Okay.” Said Kris.

              “There must be a reason why she chooses to marry him.” Said Tiffany, thinking and searching quietly for an answer to herself. Jessica listens to you. If you talk to Siwon and know the reason may be, you might be able to convince her.”

              The thought of Jessica leaving him for another man bothers him. The feeling that it gives him was unbearable.

              Tiffany places her right hand over his. She sees his distressed face staring at down at the blanket. “Kris, is something bothering you.”

              Kris looks up with a forceful smile, “I was just thinking how you will be my beautiful bride in less than a week.” He said.

              Tiffany smiles as she cups the side of his face. “And you will be a very handsome groom.” She said, sweetly. “Is there anything I can help you with tomorrow? I'll be discharged tomorrow.”

             “All I need you to do is rest and be ready to be my bride on the wedding day.” Said Kris.

             “Okay.”

             Kris leans in and gives her a kiss on the lip. “You should rest. It’s getting late.” He said. He helps her lay down on the bed and pull the blanket over her. “Good night.”

            “Good night.” Said Tiffany with a warm smile.

            Kris gives her another kiss on the forehead before she shut her eyes. Holding onto her hand as he waits for her to fall deep asleep. Quietly, he thinks to himself about the marriage… and Jessica. The sad yet mad feeling boiling inside of him as he thinks about Jessica marrying Siwon.

            Tiffany was deep asleep. He grabs her phone from the small table beside the bed and searches for Siwon address. Once he found the address, Kris left the room and down to his car that park in front of the hospital. Kris drives his way to Siwon’s Penthouse as fast as he could.

            Siwon picks up the towel from the bench and dries himself off before he put on his shirt. The doorbell ring a couple time. Walking over to the front door and open it, he was surprised to see Kris at his place.

            “Sorry to bother you this late, but I need to talk to you.” Said Kris.

            “Sure.” Said Siwon. He steps aside and welcomes him. Kris enters the house to the living room, standing with his back facing Siwon as he tries to form words inside his head.

            “Is this about Jessica?” Siwon asked as he faces Kris.

            “Yes. It’s about her.” Said Kris, trying to suppress his emotion down. “I beg to let her go. She not the woman you’re looking for.”

            “What do you mean?” Said Siwon, as he calmly looks at her.

            “Let her go. Stop. Stop forcing her. She’s just a young girl. She’s not the type of woman you want or look for. You’re a lot older. You have money. You can find yourself another woman.” Said Kris loudly as he grabbed onto Siwon arms.

            Siwon sung his arms away from Kris gripped. “What do mean that type of woman that I look for? What are you trying to say? Are you trying to sure I’m not the right one for her.” Suddenly, a tap of anger comes rushing inside of him as he glares at him.

            “Yes. That’s what I mean. When I was studying in France, I heard a lot about you. How you are always around women. How you have many women coming to your arm.” Kris raised his voice, releasing all his frustration. “You’ve had two marriages already. Another marriage to you will be the same as other marriage. But to Jessica, it is her first. She is a sincere and kind-hearted person. She knows nothing about marriage like you do.”

            Siwon grabs onto Kris shirt and pulls him against the wall with death glares flaring at Kris as if he was about to punch him in the face.

            “I had enough people scolding at me. I do need you to lecture me what I need to do and what not to do. Just because you’re going to be Jessica’s brother-in-law does not give you the right to speak to me like that.” Said Siwon. “Leave my house.” He let go of Kris shirt and walk away.

            “I beg to you let her go. You’re only trapping her. Please let her go.” Kris begged as he stands behind Siwon. “You can have any woman you want. She’s not the one for you.”

           “You should be careful with the words you say.” He eyes sharp like blade glaring at Kris. “I don’t want anybody but her. I’m not trapping her. I’m not forcing her. I’m giving her a way to free herself, to escape from this ty as the world.” Said Siwon in the same tone. “To escape from you.” He pointed at Kris fiercely. “You, on the other already have a woman. You have the older sister, but also want the younger one. Isn’t that selfish?” Siwon’s words shock Kris to take a step back. “You date the older sister but also at the same time the young sister. This is not prehistoric Korea anymore. This is the 21st century. One man, one wife.” Siwon continues.

           “H—how did you…how did you know?” Kris was nearly half soul left in his body as he faces Siwon.

           “There is nothing that I don’t know about you and her. How you hurt her? How you bring her troubles? How much headaches you brought to her? I know everything. I know enough to say that you don’t deserve her.” Siwon speaks with self-confident.

            “If you know everything then why are you still intrusive? You know she loves me.” Kris raised his voice. “One day she will wake up and leave you.”

            “Because I love her.” Siwon exclaimed. The room becomes quiet for a moment as both try calm down from all the commotion in them. Siwon inhales and exhales a couple time, releasing all his frustration and anger in him. “I love her more than you. I’m willing to do anything for her. I’m willing to be the fool and make her happy again. I want to protect her. And if you love her, but at the same time, you’re guilty by the loss of her sister than then you need to pick one. I witnessed you propose to Tiffany and I applaud you for that, but it’s time for you to let go of Jessica. Let her breath. Let her free…. You’re only suffocating her, not loving her…. if you love her than you let her go.”

             Kris was left speechless as he stood face to face with Siwon. Looking down at the floor, he gripped his fists tightly. Siwon was right. He was suffocating Jessica, bringing her heartache for the past days.

             “Since we will be a family soon, I will not beat you for the mess you have cause and the pain you give to Jessica. I do not wish to speak about this again. Leave.” Said Siwon.

              Kris baffle by Siwon righteous words. He takes a second to thinks to himself before he strolled to the door and exit Siwon’s house. The door shut closed. Siwon takes a deep breath and looks out the window at the bright city of Seoul. “One day, she will wake up and leave you.” Kris words repeat over and over inside his head as he looks at the bright city. His heart shakes just thinking about it. “And I hope one day, she tells me she loves me, even if it has to be a lie….. Jessica.” Siwon whispered quietly inside his head, hopelessly.

 

To be continued………………………………………