Chapter 13: Come with me

Love You Like A Fool

“Better?” He asked.

              Jessica nod once, “Yes.” She answered. “How long have to been standing here?” She curiously asked.

              “That’s not important.” He said, softly. “What’s important is you.”

              Jessica gently smiles as she walks up to him and gives him a sincere hug. “Thank you.”

              Siwon chuckles lightly as he wraps his arms around her. “This is the first time you hug me. I am honor.” He said before he let go of her. “I don’t think you want to go back in there.”

              Jessica hesitates to answer him. Taeyeon walks up to the room to look for Jessica and sees her down at the end of the hall with Siwon. She walks up to them and sees her eyes slightly pink from crying.   

              “Do you want to go grab something to drink?” Taeyeon asked. 

              “Sure.” Said Jessica. She looks at Siwon, “Want to join us?”

              “My pleasure.” He said.

              The three of them head down to the food court. Siwon offers to get them drinks while they go find seats. Taeyeon and Jessica grab a round table by the single tree near the entrance of the food court. He came back with three drinks and couple French pastries.

              “A little sweet will cheer both of you.” He said.

              “Thank you.” Both girls said.

              Siwon watches Jessica takes a bite of the mini strawberry sponge cake while he takes a sip of his cappuccino. Taeyeon glance between the two of them and notice something between them, especially the way Siwon looks at Jessica. She is not certain, but, a bit of her can tell that Siwon has a sincere feeling for Jessica. Though she wants to ask them, somehow, she felt that it is was not the right time to ask. Even if she does pop the question, she knew they would not be sincere with their answer and just lied. Taeyeon picks up her cup of coffee and carefully drink the semi-hot coffee. Siwon sees Nichkhun walking with the security out of one hallway on the left. Nichkhun’s face expression concern Siwon a bit. He takes out his phone and sees a lot of miss called from both Nichkhun and Donghae. Siwon clear all the missed called and text Nichkhun a few words.

              Nichkhun stops and looks at the home screen of his phone. A message from Siwon pops up on the screen. He clicks on it and read the message. “What’s the matter? Did something happen? –Siwon”

              Nichkhun looks around the hospital and sees Siwon with Jessica and Taeyeon at the Food Court. Instead of replying to his message, he calls Siwon.

              “Hello?” Siwon answered.

              Jessica glance at him as she places the cup on the table.

              “You finally turn on your phone.” Said Nichkhun. “Have you been with them for the past days?” He asked as he looks at Taeyeon, who does not know his existence in the hospital.

              “Yes.”

              Nichkhun sighed. “Now, I know why you missed so many meeting.” He said.

              “You and Donghae can take of it.” Said Siwon. “You still haven’t answered my message.”

              “I need to speak to you. It’s urgent.” Said Nichkhun as he waves at the security to leave and he walks over to Siwon.

              Siwon hangs up and stand. He looks at Taeyeon and Jessica. “Excuse me for a minute.” He said before he leaves the table and join Nichkhun at the entrance—on the side of the entrance. Taeyeon and Jessica’s eyes follow Siwon and see Nichkhun by the entrance. Taeyeon nervously gulps as she looks at Nichkhun, who has all his attention to her. Nichkhun looks away when Siwon stand in front of him.

              “What’s wrong?”

              “The factory in Germany was burned a few days ago. I’ve been trying to get a hold of you. Even Donghae tries to go to your place but you weren’t there.”

              “Mwo!?” Siwon eyebrows rise in shock as he speaks.

              “Someone set the factory on fire at night. A few securities were killed that night as well.” Nichkhun continues. “I’ve taken care of the deceased securities’ families with full benefits, but factory and other companies are not pleased with the news.”

              “What about the files? The contracts?”

              “They were burned as well. We manage to recover part of the contracts but the rest are burned with the factory. A few company demand reimbursement or some compensation for they’re lost.”

              “Aishi…” Siwon disturbingly rubs the side of his forehead.

              Jessica worriedly looks at him, curious and wanting to know what they are talking that cause Siwon troublesome.

Taeyeon notices the worried look on Jessica. “You seem very close to him.” Said Taeyeon.

              “He’s a good friend. He seems troubled by something.” Said Jessica, worriedly.

              Jessica couldn’t take her attention away from Siwon. She looks don’t and sees Siwon tight right fist as he grit his teeth and stares at the floor.

              Siwon takes a deep breath, “We’re they able find out who did it?” Siwon asked.

              “No, I'm still looking for them. I have a feeling that they are here in Seoul.” Said Nichkhun, confidently. “If I’m not wrong I saw a familiar figure here at the hospital just a few days ago.”

             “You were checking the security cameras?”

“Yes.”

              “Did you get his face?”

              “No. He covers himself. Leaving no space, but I believe it’s Doojoon. I saw his eyes when he looked at me that night.”

              “Him?”

              Nichkhun nod.

              Siwon was about to speak but stop when he heard Jessica cried.  

              “Ahh!” Jessica cried in pain.

              Siwon quickly looks over at her and sees coffee spills on the table. He hurries to her, quickly takes a few napkins, and clean the stain. Taeyeon was about to walk over to Jessica to take a look at Jessica’s left hand, but stop when she sees Siwon a step ahead of her.

              “Are you okay?” Siwon asked, concerned.

              “I’m fine.” She lied.

              Siwon grabs the napkin and carefully tape over the burn spot, cleaning off the liquid off her hand. Jessica observes him gently blow at the burn spot.

              “Let’s get you a nurse.” Said Siwon.

              “It’s okay. I’m really fine.”

              “No, you’re not.” He looks at her, face filled with worries. Siwon can tell that she’s lying through her eyes. “Did you know that this can leave a burn mark if you don’t take good care of it?”

Jessica's eyes jolt wide. “Really?”, the sound her tone was slightly shaky as she looks at the red spot on her hand.

           Knowing that she cares about her beauty and body, Siwon has hit one of her weak spots. He grabs her other free hand and walks with her out of the food court, leaving Taeyeon, who is in awe, with Nichkhun. Taeyeon looks at Nichkhun, who has charming smiles.

“How are you?” Nichkhun asked.

“I’m good.” Taeyeon answered shyly as she looks away.

“Visiting the Jung family?” He asked.

“Yes.” She gives him a short answered.

“How is Ms. Jung?”

“She’s awake but not a good state.”

            Nichkhun nods lightly as he looks at the floor for a second then back up again. “How do you know them?” He asked, trying to get rid of the awkward atmosphere between them.

              “Jessica’s is my cousin.” She answered.

              Nichkhun tries to keep the conversation between them going, doing his best to keep her with him a little longer. He knows, through her eyes—her facial expression, that she wants to leave the moment she sees him.

              “Umm, I have to go check on Jessica. Bye.” Taeyeon said. She walks pass him without a glance.  

              Nichkhun chase after her—out of the food court and halfway down the quiet main lobby of the hospital, grabs her right hand and stops her. Taeyeon feels her heart beating nervously fast without turning around.

“Do you not like me?”

            Taeyeon hesitates to answer him, not knowing what to say to him. Nichkhun waits patiently as he holds her hands and facing her back.

            “Do you not like me?” He repeated. “I noticed you’ve been given me the cold shoulders since the first day we met. As if I was a bad guy or some guy that like to mess around with a girl for fun. If that’s what you think then it’s wrong. It’s true that I have a playful character, but I’m also serious when I put my mind and effort into I care about. If that doesn’t make you believe that I can show through action.”

“None of this matter to me. I’m sorry if I give you that feeling, but after all, we just barely met. We’re still stranger.”

              “What if I tell you I don’t want us to be strangers?” Said Nichkhun, straightforwardly. “What if I tell you I want to get to know you more?”

             She feels heats rushing up to her pink cheek as she looks at the floor. She does not know why she’s like this. No man has made her like this but him. “My heart…it’s beating really fast...“ She whispered in her head.

             “I want to get to know you.” Said Nichkhun. “No matter if you continue to give me cold shoulder. It doesn’t stop me from wanting to get close to you.”

“Please let go of my hand.” Said Taeyeon without turning around.

            Nichkhun walks around her and stands in front of her. He looks at her as he let go of her hand, “I’ve never felt this way about any girl like this before, but I'm determined to get close to you…” He said. “Even if you keep pushing me away.”

            His words made her heart wants to jump out of her. The charisma and determine eyes that made her nervously as she looks at them. She nervously yet shyly walks away from him. Nichkhun turns around and watches her walks further and further away. Taeyeon enters the elevator, immediately press the close doors button, and rides the elevator alone. She rests both her hands on her chest, feeling her hearting furiously fast against her palm. She touches her left cheek and she feels the heat against her palm. Unknowingly, Nichkhun came to her mind. His words repeat inside her head.

“It can’t be….” Said Taeyeon inside her head.

* * * * *

              Walking out of the nurse office, Jessica continues to lightly brush her right index finger over the bandage left hand. She pouts quietly. Siwon chuckles lightly as looks on her cute face.

              “It’s going to leave a mark.” Said Jessica, pouting like a baby.

              “It’s not going to leave a burn mark on your hand.” He said. “Just keep applying cream then the redness will go away.”

              “How do you know?” Jessica asked.

              “From what I learn during my university time.”

              “Oh yeah, you have a degree in Health Care as well.”

              “How did you know?” He asked in a slight surprise tone.

              “I heard it from my father.” She said.

              Siwon nods lightly. They two of them walks to the elevators back up to 5th floor. Kris walks out of the room and sees Jessica walks down from the elevator with Siwon beside her. Her smiles disappear the moment she sees Kris heading their way with Wooyoung. Kris and Jessica pass each other without saying a word, passing each other stranger. Siwon glance at Jessica. He can tell she’s doing her best to hold her tears. They enter the room and sees the two families seating in the small living room while Taeyeon is in the other room with Tiffany. Jessica and Siwon join Taeyeon and Tiffany in the room, while the parent discusses the upcoming wedding.

              “Unnie.” Jessica said as she walks up to Tiffany and gives her a hug.

Tiffany hugs her, the back of her head lightly. “Where did you go?” she asked.

              “I got so excited for you that tears keep coming down, so I left the room. I didn’t want to ruin the atmosphere.” Jessica lied. She sits and looks at her with forceful smiles on her face. “Congratulation unnie.”

              “Thank you.” Said Tiffany. She looks at Siwon. “Thank you, Mr. Choi.”

              “Just call me Siwon.” He said. “Thank me for what?”

              “For taking care of everything here and for being by Jessica and parent side all this time.” Said Tiffany.

              “I will take credit for the second part but not the first. A friend of mine was the one that arranges everything.” Said Siwon.

              “A friend?” Tiffany looks at him confusedly.

              “Yes. His name is Nichkhun. The CEO of this hospital.”

              Taeyeon heart stop for a moment when Siwon mention Nichkhun names.

              “Please send him my words, I’m very grateful for everything.” Said Tiffany with a smile.

              “I will.” He said.

              “It’s getting late. You all should go home and rest. I know you all have been by my side all this time. I’m very grateful that you did not give up on me. Thank you.” Said Tiffany as she looks at Taeyeon, Jessica, and Siwon.

              “You should rest too. The doctor is going to come in and check on you tomorrow.” Said Taeyeon with smiles.

              Tiffany nods.

              Siwon looks at Jessica, “May I give you a ride home?” He asked.

              “Yes please.” Said Jessica. She walks up to Tiffany and gives her a goodbye hug before leaving the room with Taeyeon and Siwon. The three of them say their goodbye to the parents of both families before leaving the suite.

              The moment Jessica takes a step out of the suite, Kris turn and was about to enter, but stop when he sees Jessica at the door. The two of them froze for a short second, looking into each other eyes that fill with sorrow.

          “Leaving already?” Said Wooyoung, breaking the silence.

          “Yes.” Siwon answered. “It’s getting late. Tiffany needs to rest.”

           “Then good night.” Said Kris without taking his eyes off Jessica.

          “Goodnight.” Said Jessica almost like whispered.

           Kris and Wooyoung step aside, giving them room to leave the suite. Siwon, Jessica, and Taeyeon leave the suite. Kris, in sadness, watches Jessica walks away. He wanted to go up to her and embrace her tightly. He wants to apologize for hurting and for not being strong enough to protect her from pain. But he can’t ignore Tiffany now, her loss was his fault. She needed him, and he has to take responsibility for her lost. All he can do is watches Jessica quietly.

            The three of them enter the elevator, taking it down to the main floor. Taeyeon quietly eyes around the hospital, looking for someone, but at the same time, praying that he does not show up. Once they are out of the hospital, Taeyeon and Jessica give each other a goodbye hug before leaving with Siwon the opposite direction.

            Siwon opens the door for Jessica then close the door once she is seated. Siwon walks around the car to the driver seat. Once he enters the car and starts the engine, he notices Jessica looking out the window and up at something. Siwon looks at where she was looking and sees Kris standing by the window and looking down at his car. Jessica looks away, inhale and exhale a couple times. Siwon begins driving out of the parking lot into the roads. He glances at her from time to time as he drives her home. Twenty of driving on the road, Siwon arrive at Jung’s family house. He park in front of the house and turn off the engine. He was the soulless Jessica to the front door of the house. She froze. He looks at her, who’s space out into her own little world, and reach over to grab her hands. Jessica turns and looks at him with sorrow eyes.

            Siwon sighed. “What are you thinking about?” He asked, even though he knew what was in her head. “Was it about him?”

Jessica nod. “I know I shouldn’t be thinking about him, but I can’t stop myself.” She said. “Please help me.”

            “The best way is to let it go….to let him go.” He said, calmly. “He chooses to take the next step and propose to your sister. You should do the same and let him go. Holding on with only hurt both.”

            His honest words wake her up from her world, a world that feels with tear and pain. She grasps a hold of her heart, determines to follow his words. Suddenly, her phone rings a couple time. Jessica takes out her phone from her purse, unlock the screen and sees a message from Kris. She hesitates to open the message. Biting her lips as she stares at the message. A second later, she clicks on the message it reads it to herself.

         “Mianhe Jessica. I know what I did have hurt you a lot. I had no choice. Heaven is not on our side. It wants us to be separate. It wants us to live in sorrow. Tiffany lost leg was because of me. I was careless. I took everything away from her. Now, I have to take responsibility for it. I can’t leave her. Marriage is the only solution for me to repay back her lost. I hope you understand. No matter what happens I want you to know I still love you with all my heart. Please forgive me. –Kris.”

          A pain pierces right through her. Tears begin gliding down her cheeks as she holds her phone tightly against her chest. She couldn’t take it anymore. She could not hold it in anymore.  

           “It hurts, Siwon. It hurts so much.” Tears flooded Jessica eyes as she pressed her hands against her chest and fall. Siwon quickly catches her—pull her into his embrace—tightly wrapped his arms around. He let her cry. Every tear escaped her are like needles pin into his heart. Anger, jealousy, rage filled his lungs, flooded his throat; it wants to burst out. He doesn’t want to see her like this. He doesn’t want her to be like this. He prayed, he begged God to wash away her pain. Useless embracing her, he could her long soft hair, comforting her as much as he could. He wishes those tears were for him—if only it was for him. He will be the happiest yet guiltiest man on Earth.

              “Come with me to Paris.” Siwon made a surprise proposal.

              The tearful Jessica shocking looks up at him.

              “Marry me.” Siwon proposed to her calmly.

              Speechless is written all over her face as she stares into his sincere eyes.

              “Come with me. I promise you if you come with me… these tears…” He gently wiped the tears away. “These tears will no longer exist. The pain in your heart will vanish. There will be no more tears…only smiles that bright the world. I promise you with every breath I have to make you the happiest woman alive.” Siwon moves his right hand down—held hers up and placed it at his heart. “Marry me. Come with me to Paris.”

              His proposal left her speechless, unable to speak with all mix emotion in her head—her eyes. She could only look into his eyes that are filled with hope and adventurous. Was this just a dream? The pain? The confusion? His proposal? Is it real?

              “Come with me, Jessica.” He whispered as he cupped the side of her face with his left hand.

 

To be continued………..