Chapter Fifteen: I accept

Love You Like A Fool

           Walking up to the front door of the house, the sound of a car driving up and the LED lights shine brightly at Jessica. She turns and blocks the light with her right as she looks to see who it was. Siwon park the car in front of the house and turn off the engine. He got out of the car and walks up to her.

              “Hi.” He said, standing in front of her.

              “Hi.” She said in a soft voice.

              “Just came back from the hospital.” He asked.

              She shook her head. “I went for a walk.” She answered.

              “At night?” He looks at the dark sky then back at her. “It’s dangerous for a woman to be along out here at night. Why didn’t you give me a call? I could have kept you company.”

              “I didn’t want to trouble you. I’ve been a burden to you these past days and you must be busy with work.”

              Siwon chuckles lightly. “You’re not a burden. I’m happy to be by your side. Next time, don’t go out alone at night.” He said with a soft smile.

              “I won’t.” She said. The sad and stress Jessica looks at the ground. “I just needed some time alone.” She said

              “Do you have an answer?” He asked.

              Jessica nod. Siwon waits for the answer as he looks at her. “What if I don’t accept?”

              Siwon feels his heart thumping nervously fast, frightened that he might lose her. “Then I will keep pursuing you. I’ll keep proving myself to you.” He said.

              “Why?....Why me? You can have any women in the world, why choose me?”

              “Because you’re the one I want to be with. I want to bring you happiness. I want to see your sweet smiles the bright my days every day. I’ve never felt this way about anyone but you. I know you’re lost right now and you may think that I’m a selfish man taking advance of you in a time like this… but I can’t hide my feeling anymore. I want to protect you. I want to give you everything in the world… if you allow me.” He said, calmly as he reaches for her hands and hold them gently. “Will you come with me to the new world?”

              Standing under the night sky as he waits patiently for her final answer. Jessica takes one last looks into his sincere eyes, the pair of eyes that’s charming and seductive at the same time.

              “Yes.” She answered softly.

              Siwon happily embraces her tightly, lift her up and spins her around a couple time. He let her down and holds her hands tightly as if she was going to vanish in front of him. “You don’t know how happy I am right now.” He said in excitement.

              “Don’t let me cry again.” Said Jessica with a weak smile.

              “I promise you with all my heart.” Said Siwon. Jessica nods her head lightly, trusting him. Siwon moves in and kiss her forehead.

              Another light shines on them as the vehicle pull up next to Siwon’s car.

              “What are you two to doing?” Said Mrs. Jung angrily as she exit the car. She hurriedly walks up to Jessica and pulls her away from Siwon. “I ask, what are you two doing? What is going on?”

              “Eomma, please calm down. It’s not what you think. I can explain.” Said Jessica, frighten.

              “Explain what?” She exclaimed in anger. “I saw everything with my own eyes.”

              Mr. Jung exit the car and walks up to Siwon with an angry face. “Tell me what is going on? Tell me what I saw was just an illusion.”

              Siwon gulp as he looks at Mr. Jung. “What you saw was real.” He said.

              What are you trying to do? Have you not see what my family is going through right now?” Mrs. Jung said, upset.

              Siwon inhales and exhales as he looks at them. “Jessica and I are want to get marry.” He said.

              His words shock Mrs. Jung as she looks at Jessica, who's frightened and worries at the same time.

              “Tell me this is not true.” Mrs. Jung asks as she grabs onto Jessica right wrist tightly, hurting her.

              “Eomma….” Jessica stuttered.

              “Tell me!” Mrs. Jung exclaimed.

              Siwon looks at Jessica in distress yet worries as they face her parent. Jessica glance at Siwon then back at Mrs. Jung.

              “It’s true.” Said Jessica, freeing herself from Mrs. Jung grip and walks over to Siwon side. She holds his left tightly as support to face Mrs. Jung. “I want to marry him. I love him.”

              “No. No. I disagree.” Said Mrs. Jung as she looks at Jessica in disbelief. “I disagree with this marriage.”

              “Siwon, what are you doing” What did you say to her? She’s just a young girl that does not know anything.” Said Mr. Jung, hoping to change his mind. “You can have any other women in the woman. Why tag my daughter?”

              “I want her. I choose her.” Said Siwon as he holds Jessica's hand.

              “I notice you had your eyes on Jessica since that night. I knew you were a sly fox!” Mrs. Jung shouts at him.

              “Eomma, stop it.” Said Jessica.

              The shock Mrs. Jung looks at Jessica. She could not believe what she just heard and saw. Her daughter defending him. “You’re defending him?”

              “Eomma…..”

              “Jessica, you want to marry him?” Mr. Jung asked in a stern tone.

              “Yes.” Jessica said shakenly.

              “Say it again.”

              “Yes, appa. I want to marry.”

              Mr. Jung turn away and take a deep breath. He carefully thinks and felt something suspicious.

              “He’s twice your age. He had two unsuccessful marriage. He sees women as a toy. He’s like a predator that pray on a young girl.” Said Mrs. Jung in a tone voice.

              “Please don’t say it like that. He’s not that kind of person.”

              “How would you know?”

              “Because I know him. I believe in him.”

              Siwon looks down at her, touch by her words.

              He looks at Mrs. Jung, “Please give us your blessing. I promise I will love with all my heart. I will take care of her.  I will cherish her.” He said.

              “No. No. I have to call your brother. He needs to come and handle this.” Said Mrs. Jung as she walks into the house and grabs the nearest phone and dial Donghae’s number.

              “Even if you call him. It doesn’t change anything.” Said Siwon.

              Jessica runs to Mrs. Jung and tries to grab the phone away from her. “Eomma, stop. It’s late. We shouldn’t distract them. This is mine and his matter. I don’t want to involve anyone else.” She said.

              “I don’t care. I’m calling him. I’m telling him what is going on.” Said Mrs. Jung as she continues to dial the number.

              Siwon and Mr. Jung enter the house. Mr. Jung walks up to Jessica and grabs her. “I need to have a word with you.” He said as he pulls her up to her room.

              Mr. Jung close the door. Father and daughter come face to face. Tears began flowing down her eyes as she looks at Mr. Jung.

              “What is wrong? What happen?”

              “Appa….” Jessica too frightens to tell him the truth, but if she doesn’t then she will never be able to escape this place…. this nightmare.

              “Jessica, tell appa what happens? Why the sudden marriage?” He asked as he grabs her shoulders.

              “Appa, I can’t do this anymore. I don’t know how much I can hold in any longer. If I don’t leave this place, more pain will pierce through the three of us.” Said Jessica as tears continuously glide down her cheeks. “Tiffany’s tragic…. her accident was all because of me. I’ve caused her to lost her leg. I caused her to lose her dream.”

              “What are you talking about? What do you mean?”

              “Kris and I… I’ve like Kris since middle school. I don’t know how or why, but I couldn’t stop thinking about him. I knew I like him and it hurts seeing him with another woman… it hurt seeing him with Tiffany until the day he confessed his feeling to me. The day he tells he loves me and want to end everything with Tiffany…but the tragic happening.” She said, telling Mr. Jung the truth. “The day of the accident, Kris was going to break up with her. I tried to stop him. I tried to break it off between me and him, but I couldn’t. I love him, appa. To heal tiffany heart and hope, he has proposed to unnie. My heart hurts a lot. If I stay any longer, the three of us will more hurt. Do you understand appa? I can’t stay here anymore. Please let me marry Siwon.”

              Mr. Jung hugs her tightly as he pats the back of her head. Jessica cries in Mr. Jung arms, letting out all the painful tears.

              “So, this the reason why you want to marry him? Does he know about this?” Mr. Jung asked.

              Jessica breaks the hug and looks at him. “He knows. He knows everything.”

              “And he’s willing to take a risk and take you away, even though, he knows the person you love is not him.”

              Jessica nods lightly. “At least, he makes me smiles. He makes me feel alive.”

              Mr. Jung inhales and exhales as he looks at Jessica. “Why? Why do these things have to happen to the both of you? Two of my daughter in love with the same man…. And hurt by the man.”

              “Appa…. please.” Jessica whispered, hoping he will help and grant her wish. “Siwon is my last hope to escape from this pain. He’s my last to find happiness again….if not, then I don’t know who else can help me stand.”

              Mr. Jung sighed, “I will help you…but your mom is going to be hard. This is going to be a tough fight.” He said. “But we’ll get through her.”

              Jessica embraces Mr. Jung tightly with gratefulness.  Mr. Jung and Jessica walks down from Jessica’s room and sees Donghae and Krystal at the house.

              “Donghae. Krystal.” Mr. Jung greeted them. Jessica bow as a greet.

              “Annyounghaeseyo Mr. Jung and Jessica.” The two greeted him with a mannerly bow to Mr. Jung and Jessica.

              “Sorry for making you come here late.” Said Mr. Jung as he walks up to Donghae and shakes his hand. 

              “It’s alright.” Said Donghae. “I’m sorry for the inconvenient tonight. I understand there seem to be a misunderstanding here.”

Jessica walks over to Siwon and stands by his side. “Siwon, can you please give another day? I need to sort things out with my mom.  It’s getting late. I’ve felt bad that Donghae and Krystal are drag into this.” She begged with pleading eyes at him.

Siwon grabs onto her hand and firmly looks at her.

              “Since everyone is here now. Let clear thing out. Your older brother, Siwon, who is twice her age wants to marry my daughter, Jessica. What do you think of it? Impossible, right?”

              “Eomma...”

              “Let the adult talk.” Said Mrs. Jung, arrogantly.

              “I’m sorry for causing you a headache. There must be a misunderstanding.” Said Donghae.

              “There’s no misunderstanding. I want to marry Jessica.” Said Siwon in a serious tone.

              “Hyung. Marriage is not a joke. They have enough problem to deal with.”

              “I know and I’m not joking. I’m taking this matter seriously.” 

              “It’s getting late. We should go home and talk about this.” Krystal suggested. “Mr. and Mrs. Jung must be really tired.” She said with forceful smiles. Krystal walks up to Siwon, “Mrs. Jung is not in a good mood. If you want things to go smoothly than please listen to me this one. We can discuss this at your place.” She whispered to him. “If you continue, you’re only tearing her parent apart but also Jessica apart.”

              Siwon hesitates as he looks at Jessica, whose eyes are swollen and frighten, and then back at Krystal. A part of him agrees with her.

              “Siwon, why don’t you go home first? I will talk to my wife.” Said Mr. Jung. “It’s getting late and Krystal needs to be home with her kids. We will continue tomorrow.”

              “What do you mean ‘continue tomorrow’? I want to talk tonight. I want to settle everything tonight.” Said Mrs. Jung, uncontrollably.

              “Siwon?” Jessica begged again.

              Siwon inhales and exhales, “Okay.” He said.

              Jessica grabs onto his right hand and smiles weakly, “Thank you.” She said.

              Krystal sighed in relief and turn around. “I’m sorry for everything tonight. We will take our leave.” She said.

              Donghae walks up to Krystal and holds her right hand.  Krystal and he bow to Mr. and Mrs. Jung, and wave goodbye to Jessica, who bow to them, before they leave the house. Siwon bow to Mr. and Mrs. Jung. He takes one last look at Jessica before he leaves the house.

              The maid closes the door and walks back into the kitchen.

Mrs. Jung angrily stares at Mr. Jung. “Are you agreeing to this ridiculous marriage?” She asked.

              “Jessica is an adult now. She’s a grown up. She gets to make her own choice.” Said Mr. Jung.

              “You father and daughter are a team going against me.” Said Mrs. Jung. She hurtfully looks at Jessica. “If you are truly my daughter, you wouldn’t leave this house and marry a man twice your age.” She said.

              “Eomma…” She called as she tries to approach Mrs. Jung.

              “Don’t…. I don’t want to talk right now. There’s so much going on… I want to be alone.” Said Mrs. Jung as she walks away from Mr. Jung and Jessica.

              “Eomma.” Jessica called as she follows her.

              Mr. Jung grabs her back and shakes his head lightly, “Just leave her be.” He said.

              Jessica watches Mrs. Jung takes the stairs up to the room and close the door. She questions herself whether she made the right choice. She questions herself whether her marriage with Siwon will tear the mother-daughter relationship. She continues to question herself as she stands looking at the floor.

* * * * *

              “What were you thinking!?” Donghae raised his voice a bit. “Proposing to her at this time? The family is going through enough a headache and she’s younger than you about 20 years.”

              “I thought carefully before I even propose to her. This is between me and her.” Said Siwon.

              “Hyung, you’ve had two fail marriages already. You’re first to last about 8 months. You’re second last 6 months.” Said Donghae. “How long will this marriage last? A year?”

               “First of, my past marriage is a past. Don’t put my past together with the present.” Said Siwon, fiercely as he faces Donghae.

              “Okay, both of you stop.” Said Krystal. Donghae and Siwon look away from each other, inhaling and exhaling heavily. She looks at Siwon, who’s cooling down, “Siwon, why do you want to marry her?” She asked, serious tone.

              “Because I love her.” Said Siwon. “I love her with all my heart. She’s the one I want to be with her.”

              “Hyung, it’s not that I object you and her. It’s just that I don’t want it to be like your previous marriage. I don’t want to see you hurt.” Said Donghae. “She’s young. She’s has gone through a lot already. You’ve been through a lot too. Taking over the family business. Taking care of everything at a young age. I want you to find the one you can spend the rest of your life with.”

              Siwon sighed, gently. “I know you're worried about me. Just trust me this time. I know what I’m doing. Since the day I met her in France and spend a day running and hiding from the guard, I knew she was the one.”

              “Then we will support you.” Said Krystal. “We’ll do our best to convince Mrs. Jung, but it won’t be easy. She’s going through a lot right now.”

              “I know.” Said Siwon calmly.

              “It seems Mr. Jung is on our side.” Said Donghae. “All we need to be left is to convince Mrs. Jung.”

              “Mrs. Jung is not easy to convince.” Said Krystal. “You better think of good words to say to her tomorrow.”

              Siwon inhales and exhales as he stands and looks out the window in the dark.

 

To be continued………………………….