Chapter 24: The birth of our stars

Love You Like A Fool

              The terrified Siwon’s runs up to her, grab her arms, and hold her upper body in his arms. He shakes her lightly. “Jessica.” He called her. Jessica’s eyes were closed. The frighten Siwon looks around him but there was no one close by. “Please don’t scare me. Jessica… Jessica” He voice trembles frightenedly as he holds her like a fragile feather in his hands. Siwon looks at the building and was about to shout until Jessica opens her eyes and cover his mouth from shouting for help. The shock Siwon looks at her in shock.

              “I never knew Choi Siwon can be scared.” Said Jessica jokingly.

              Siwon grabs her hand and moves it away from his lips. “Yes, easily scare by you.” He said. “Are you hurt? Tell me where you are hurt?” He looks up and down, checking if she has any cuts anywhere on her.

              “I’m fine.” Said Jessica with a smile. She looks up at the night sky and sees two stars. “Look there are stars tonight.” She said as she points at the sky.

              Siwon, who are still terrified by her falls, glance at the sky then at her. He grabs her hand and pulls it down to the center of his chest. Jessica looks at him as she feels his heart beating very fast.

              “I’m sorry.” She said.

              Siwon sighed and helps her up on her feet. “From now on, you are not allowed to ride the horse alone.” He said.

              “What? That was just an accident. I’m not hurt.”

              “Not this time. I don’t know about next time. For safety, I will be riding the horse with you from now on.”

              “You’re so strict.” Jessica pout.

              Siwon smiles. He carries her up and to the horse. Jessica grabs onto the rope as Siwon gets on the same horse. He secures his arms around her and grabs the rope. He lightly kicks the horse and continues riding around the ranch.  

              “Only a few days left then it’s our wedding,” Jessica said softly. “I’ll be Mrs. Choi.” She rests her head on his left shoulder and looks at the moon, especially bright and beautiful today.

              Siwon smiles, liking what she’s saying. “Mrs. Choi… I like that sound of that.” He said. He kisses her the top of her head lightly.

              “Siwon, remember the first you brought me here?... just like tonight. You ride with me when I’m not in a good mood or troubled by something?” She said as she looks at the sky.

“Yes, I remember.” Siwon smiles as he secures his arm around her as the horse gallops around the ranch. “You were troubled by something. I didn’t know how to cheer you up, so I brought you here.”

Jessica let out a light giggle. “Tonight is a little different.”

“How different?” He looks at her confusedly.

“I’m actually in a good mood tonight. I’m happy for Tiffany. I’m happy that you exist in my life.” She said in a calm tone as her head continue to rest on his firm shoulder. Siwon couldn’t help but smiles in happiness. “There’s a lot of stars tonight…but two stars caught my eyes…. two stars that bigger than any other stars.” She yawned.

Siwon looks up at the sky and sees lots of stars. He searches the sky to see what star caught her eyes. There were two stars that are bigger than the rest. He looks down and sees her closing her eyes. “Yes, there’s two stars bigger than the rest. 

“I feel like…. that two stars represent us.” Said the sleepy Jessica. “I feel like God want us to meet the birth of our star. I want to call it, Jewon.”

“Jewon?”

“Jessica and Siwon. The birth of our stars.” Jessica smiles as she closes her eyes, resting peacefully.

              Siwon lightly smiles, “I like it.” He whispered.

              They ride the horse around the ranch once. Siwon carefully tilts his head and sees her sleeping quietly in his arms.

* * * * * *

              Siwon park in front of the Jung’s resident. The car engine turns off as well as the headlight. Not wanting to disturb her beauty sleep, he patiently sits in the car watching her sleep. Seeing a strand of hair hanging at her cheek, he reaches his hand out and gently slide the strand to the side. Her phone rings loudly in her purse, waking her up from her sleep. She opens her eyes and sees a soft smile with a pair of charming eyes.

              “Where are we?” Jessica asked in a sleepy tone.

              “Your home,” Siwon answered.

              “Why didn’t you wake me up?” Said Jessica.

              “You were so peaceful and beautiful. I couldn’t pull myself together to wake you up. Why would I miss the chance of watching a beautiful sleeping beauty sleeping next to me?” Said Siwon with smiles.

              His sweet words made her blush. Her phone rings again. She reaches inside, grabs her phone, and answer the call.

              “Yeoboseyo?”

              “Jessica, where are you? It’s midnight already. If you want to go somewhere with Siwon, couldn’t you at least let me or your dad know where so that way I can explain to the in-laws.” Mrs. Jung said in a mad tone.

              “Omma, I’m right outside. I’ll be inside soon.” Said Jessica, unhappily. “Bye oemma.” She ended the called before Mrs. Jung yell at her again.

              “Let me walk you in. I should explain to Mrs. Jung as well.” Said Siwon before he exits the car. Jessica reaches out to stop him but was a step behind. He walks around the car and opens the door for her. Jessica takes off his jacket and carries with her as she exits the car. Siwon reaches for his jacket and put it around her. “It’s windy. My bride-to-be can’t be sick.” He said as he holds her rights hand. He walks her to the house.        

              “You don’t have to explain to my mom. I can do it myself.” Said Jessica, trying to stop him by words.

              “How can a husband stand aside and watch his wife take all the faults and shouts?” Said Siwon.

              Jessica once again blush. Siwon press on the doorbell. A moment later, the door open.

              “Mr. Choi. Miss Jung.” The maid greeted them.

              “Annyoung.” Said Siwon before he enters the house with Jessica.

              They walk to the living room and sees Mrs. Jung sitting on the long couch with an angry face. Mr. Jung walks up to Siwon and pats his shoulder.

              “Thank you for taking care of her.” Said Mr. Jung.

              Mrs. Jung immediately turn around and glares at Jessica, “Why are you taking him? They leave the wedding without a word, causing me and the in-laws to worry.” She said in an angry tone.  Mrs. Jung jolt to her feet and storm over to Jessica and Siwon. “Can you give your sister some face and not embarrass her on her wedding? You two can’t disappear all of a sudden when the wedding is still going. What will the in-laws think of us?”

              “Omma, Tiffany is the one getting married to the Wu family. She’s the bride. If she disappears then it would be a problem, but it’s me. I’m just the little sister, her maid of honor.” Said Jessica.

              “You—You dare to talk back to me.” Mrs. Jung is now furious with Jessica tone and use of words.

              “I’m just saying what’s right. The man I’m marrying is Siwon. The family I’m entering is the Choi. If I disappear in the middle of the wedding or near the end, it’s would not be a problem at all. No one cares. I’m not the star tonight. Tiffany is.” Jessica continues, letting out her frustration at once.

              “You—”

              “Alright, stop it already. What Jessica said is true. Tiffany is the one entering the Wu family. If Jessica went off with Siwon, it’s their problem. Why would the in-law care about it?” Said Mr. Jung.

              “It’s my fault for taking Jessica away tonight. If you want to yell and take out your anger. Please take it out on me. I just want to take her out for some fresh air and plan our wedding.” Said Siwon.

              “Okay…Okay.” Said Mrs. Jung, defeatedly. “All of you are a team. The good people. I’m the bad one.”

              “Omma…”

              “Tiffany and you are both grown up lady now. You both have wings now and can fly away anytime.” Said Mrs. Jung in tears. She walks away, up the stairs and to her room.

              “Ignore her. She’s just so happy that it becomes emotional. Tiffany is married now. You are getting married to Siwon in a couple days. She’s just lost and sad that people are leaving this house one by one. Just give her some time.” Said Mr. Jung, placing one hand on Siwon shoulder and another on Jessica. He pats them lightly. Before he walks away to his office room.

              “Siwon, why don’t you go home? I’ll talk to my mom myself.” Said, Jessica, as she looks up at him.

              “But…”

              “Please….” Jessica pleads with a soft look. She grabs his hand firmly.

              Siwon sighed. “Okay, call me.” He said. Jessica nod lightly. He lowers his head and kisses her forehead lightly. “Goodnight.”

              “Goodnight.” Said Jessica with a smile.

              Siwon let go of her hand. She escorts him to the door, watching him till she reach his car and drove away. Jessica closes the door and walks up the stair to her mom’s room. Jessica knocks on the door a couple time before she grabs the doorknob and pushes the door. Seeing Mrs. Jung shedding tears quietly sitting on the edge of the bed, Jessica walks over to her and take a seat beside her facing her back. Jessica wraps her arms around Mrs. Jung and rests her head on her back.

              “Mianhe omma. I didn’t mean to raise my voice and talk back to you.” Said Jessica.

              “You’re a grown lady now. You can do whatever you want.” Said Mrs. Jung holding onto the tissue. “Tiffany is married now. You’re getting married soon. The house is getting quieter and quieter.”

              “Omma. Tiffany and I are not going anywhere. We’re still your daughter.” Said Jessica, trying to comfort her. “You can always call me or her. She will visit you or you can always visit her. I can call you and chat with you every day.”

              Mrs. Jung was speechless as she continues to shed tears quietly. Jessica continues to hug her from behind as the night pass.

* * * * *

[The next day]

              Siwon goes through the first file on his desk, reading another company proposal. His mind wanders off. Distracted by Nichkhun’s bombed house in Bangkok, Doojoon and Seunghyun’s plans, and his uncle helping the purchase a large amount of bomb. Siwon could not pull his mind together. Siwon ominously closes the folder and rest his head back against the chair. Donghae enters his office with a smile.

              “Stressing out?” Donghae said as he walks up to the desk and takes a seat across the table from Siwon. “What’s in your head?” He asked.

              “A lot of things.” Siwon answered.

              “Have Nichkhun contact you these pass days?” Donghae asked.

              Siwon shook his head. “No, I'm still worried about him.” He said.

              “Did he find out who?”

              “With the footage, he sent over to me. I gave it to Taecyeon and was able to identify one but not another. Doojoon and a mysterious man were in Bangkok the day before the bombing. Uncle Dae-hee helps them purchased a large amount of bomb.”

              “Mworago? Uncle Dae-hee?”

              “A purchased in Bangkok for a large amount of bomb was made under his name.” Said Siwon.

              “You can’t be serious, right?” Donghae said.  His reaction as furious. Siwon was speechless. “I’m going to find him!” Donghae slams his hand on the table before he jumps to his feet. He storms to the door.

              Siwon stand, “Stop!” He shouts. Donghae stop in the middle of the room.

              Donghae turns around and faces him, “Hyung, we can’t just stand aside and watch him continue to work with them.”

              “We have no evidence yet, but I have Taecyeon on his tail. If he makes one more move, I’ll have him arrest.” Said Siwon.

              “Then what about Doojoon and Seunghyun?”

              “They are wanted criminal. The more we look for them, the further and deeper they would hide from us.” Said Siwon with a disturbing look. “They can’t hide forever. No one can know about this besides you, me, Taecyeon, and Nichkhun. Understand?”

              “Araso.” Donghae nod.

 

To be continued…………………………………