Chapter 31: I will wait

Love You Like A Fool

           Siwon carries Jessica into their master suite. He lightly kick the door open, walks into the room, and kick the door again. The door close shut. Siwon carries her to the double couch at the center of the suite and put her down gently before he take a seat next to her. Jessica face is still red. Siwon lightly laughs at her cute embarrassment. She hears his laughter. She turns her head and angrily pout at him.

            “Choi Siwon!” Jessica playfully hits him.

            Siwon tries to block her hit. He grabs both her hand and hold it at his chest. “Mianhe.” He said. She tries to resist and pull her hands back but failed. Siwon sighed lightly. “I won’t laugh anymore. I’m sorry Mrs. Choi. Please forgive me.” He said with puppy-like looks as he leans closer to her.

            Jessica find it cute. She turn her head away. Siwon went for a kiss. It surprised her a little.

            “Let’s start our first morning in France over.” Said Siwon. “Good morning to my beautiful wife.” He said in a sweet voice with dreamy eyes.

            Jessica hesitate a bit but give in to his handsome and sweet voice. “Why do you have to be so good with words.” She whispered.

            “Did you say something?” Siwon asked. He could clearly hear what she whispered.

            “Nothing.” Jessica replied. She lean closer and give him a light peck on his lip. “Good morning to my handsome husband.”

            Siwon eyes shock wide and speechless. Jessica smiles seeing his blank, yet shock looks. He blinks a couple time to wake himself up from fantasy.

            “Did you have a good sleep?” Siwon asked.

Jessica nods. “Yes.” She answered. “I woke up not seeing you in the room. I thought I was dreaming. When did you wake up?” 

            Siwon lightly chuckles. He holds both her hands up to his lip and kiss her hands lightly. “I was awake at 3:00 AM in the morning.”

            “At 3. Why so early?”

            “I have a few things to take care.”

            “Work-related?”

            Siwon nods lightly.

            “You should have left a note. I wouldn’t be so scare and went looking for you.” Said Jessica with a slight upset tone.

            “Mianhe. I should have. I thought I would finish all the work before I come back and lay beside you till you wake up. But I didn’t expect you to wake up early.”

            “It’s 8:30 AM. The sun has rise almost to its peak. It’s your fault that I’m embarrass.”

            Siwon let out a light chuckle. “Okay. Okay, it’s my fault. I should have left you a note and tell you to get ready. I take all faults.” He said. “Why did you go looking for me? You could have look for the maids?”

            “I don’t speak French.”

            “They speak English and a little Korean.”

            “I know but at the time, I could think of looking for you myself. I was scare. This place is very big. There’re so many rooms. I called for you, but you didn’t answer. I thought you left me here alone.”

            “Why would I leave my wife on her second day here in France? There are places I want to take her too.” Said Siwon. “You went looking for me because you were scare?”

            Jessica nod. “and I miss you.”

            “Miss me?” Siwon asked in a joyful tone. Jessica nods lightly. He moves his head closer and kiss her lips passionately. Jessica quickly respond back with the same passion. He let go of her hand. His hands slide around her waist as he pulls her body closer to him. Jessica wrap her hands around his neck. The passionate and tender kiss gentle as if they were in their own world. Only the two. She smiles lightly between the kiss as her dream…her world fill with love.

            Siwon move back a little. He looks into her eyes with a warm smile. “I take that as you forgive me for leaving you alone earlier.”

            Jessica nods lightly again.

            Siwon smiles warmly. “You should go change. Breakfast is ready. After breakfast, I want to take you around this beautiful city of Aix-en Provence of France.”

            Jessica immediately jump to her feet and rush into the walk-in closet.

            Siwon shakes his head in a surrender-ways. Seeing her happy makes him happy.

            Fifteen minutes later, Siwon and Jessica walks hand-in-hand to the tables of foods in the garden by the giant fountain well with scenery.

            “Wow! Its beautiful.” Said Jessica, astonishing.

            Siwon walks her to her seat, pull out the chair for her. Jessica take a seat. He walk over to his and seat across her.

            “I knew you would like it.” Siwon said.

            “Can we eat out here every day?” Jessica asked.

            Siwon nods.

            “But in the winter.”

            “Of course, we can’t in the winter. It would be too cold for you. The dinning has the view as well.”  He said.

            Jessica smiles.

            “Eat. You miss dinner last night. The tour takes at least all day today, tomorrow, and the day after. I want to take you ever in the city.”

            “I will go wherever you take me.” Said Jessica before she pick up her forks and reach for the bowl of berries.”

            Siwon begins to eat as well, starting off with warm toast.

            “Siwon, can we come back here a few times so I can change?”

            Siwon nods. “but why?”

            “I want to take lots of pictures with all the beautiful dresses in the closet.” Said Jessica.

            Siwon smiles. “I will have the maids put a few dresses in the trunk, so you can change. That way you would be so tired going back and forth.”

            Jessica nods, agreeing with him. She resumes to eating again. They eat happily and observing the beautiful green and colorful scenery.

[Thirty minutes later………..]

            Siwon and Jessica walks hand-in-hand in the small city listening to outdoor performers and watches entertainers’ dances to the romantic melody.

            “Now I know how you can be so romantic.” Said Jessica as she enjoy the musician play the guitar.

            “The city had nothing to do with me being romantic.” Said Siwon pridefully. “I live here because I like the environment. It is quiet and peaceful.”

            “Then why were you at Paris?” Jessica nosily asked as she looks at him.

            “My business is located in Paris but all the products are created and tested here.”

            “Why here? What’s so special about this place?” Jessica continues to asked.

            Siwon let out a light smile and give a peck on her forehead. “How about I take you to there? It better if I show you the place then explaining it to you. You will understand better that way.”

            Jessica happily nod.

            “But first, let tour this beautiful city then I’ll take you there.” Said Siwon, Jessica nod, obligating to his request.  

            Siwon suddenly pull to the front—slide one arm around her waist and pulls her closer. He hold her other hand up and begin dancing lightly.

            Jessica was slightly shocked as she looks at him. “What are you doing? We’re in public.” She said.

            “Look around.” He said.

            Jessica did. She sees couples in almost every corner. They either giggling, eating together, and kissing.

            “The name of this city has it meaning why many tourisms loves to come here and visit, especially couples.” Said Siwon.

            “You don’t plan to….” Jessica paused and quickly pluck her lips in.

            “Kiss you?” He said with his head slightly tilted to the side.

            Jessica blush ad shyly avoids his eyes. Siwon smiles. He lifts her face up by the chin and quickly kisses her lips. It was a short kiss. The shy Jessica quickly moves her head back away.

            “Everyone is watching us.” Jessica said, shyly.

            Siwon looks around. No one was looking. The people are too busy minding their own business. Siwon smiles as he walks her around the small city, giving her a little tour for the next few hours, telling her the meaning of each places in Aix-en Provence of France. Jessica have never been this happy in her life. Every place he takes her was special and meaningful. She run around the place, observing the statues and wishing wells at almost every corner of two streets. She ask and ask. He answers one question after another to the point she forgot about the extra dresses she brought along to change and takes pictures. The memories of the camera is almost filled with only 1/3rd of availability.

            “Siwon, I want to take picture of the bridge too.” Said Jessica happily as she run to the edge of the big river.

            Siwon hurriedly runs to her and grab her back away from the edge. “Stop. You’re going to fall.” He said, in a slight shock tone.

            Jessica cup the worried and frightened face, she tips toes and give him a kiss on the lip.

            “What—what is that suppose to…”  

            “With you here, I won’t fall.” Said Jessica with a sweet smile.

            Siwon inhales and exhales a couple time to cam himself. He moves back away with the camera up. Jessica post for the camera. Siwon takes a few pictures before they move to the next location.

            Siwon takes her the fountain at La Rotonde, one of the most beautiful fountain in Aix-en Provence.

            “This fountain is beautiful and unique.” Said Jessica as she walks around the fountain before she picks a spot to stop. “Siwon, can I have a coin?” she asked.

            Siwon nod and takes out a coin in his pocket and give it to her. Jessica takes it and holds it with both her hand. Her eyes close and made a wish. Siwon stands beside her and gaze her beauty.

            “I wish to be with him for the rest of my life…. I wish our love last eternity.” Jessica whispered inside her head.

She flings the coin in the air. The coin falls into the fountain.

            “What did you wish for?” Siwon asked.

            “I’m not going to tell you. It won’t come true to I said it out loud.” Said Jessica with smiles. Siwon defeatedly nods. “Can you take me to another fountain?”

            Siwon nod and takes her to another wishing fountain in the city, a four-dolphin fountain. Jessica asks for another coin, he obeys and hands her another coin. Jessica makes a wish again.

            “You make a wish as well.” Said Jessica.

            Siwon obediently takes out a coin—holding it in the air with his eyes close. Jessica looks at the fountain and closes her eyes.

            “I wish one day, he will be able to understand my feeling. I want to be my true self in front of him. I don’t want to hide anything from him.” Jessica whispered inside her head.

            “Jessica, I want to walk the rest of the road with you. I want to take you to place you’ve never been. I don’t care if our marriage was just and escape from your darkness. My feeling for you will never change….” Said Siwon inside his head.

            Siwon flip the coin first before he open his eyes, turn his head, and looks at her. She was still making her wish. He leans closer and peck her cheek after she flip the coin in the air. The peck startles her. She looks at him. He smiles. She playfully hit his chest before she walks away, looking for another fountain in the city. Siwon went after her, takes her right hand and walks her across the street to the next location. They stop at few more fountains till he was out of coin.

            “Oppa?”

            He tucks his hands inside the pocket. There were no more coins. “I have no more.” He said.

            Jessica pout.

            “How about I take you to a special place?” Siwon said. Jessica hesitates. “You will love it.”

            Jessica nods. He takes her back to his car and drove to the next destination. Jessica closes her eyes and takes a short nap. Fifteen minutes passed, they arrive at the destination. He unbuckles the belt and turns facing her. He right hand reach to her beautiful face and slide a string of hair away from her beautiful face. Jessica awake by his light touch. Her sleepy eyes blink a couple time then stretch her arms out.

            “We’re here.” He said.

            Jessica her head to the window but quickly stop be his hand.

            “Close your eyes.” He said.

            Jessica questions his action but still obey and close her eyes. Siwon exit the car, walks around the car, and open the door for her. He reaches for her left hand and guides her out the car before he closes the door.

            “Where are you taking me? Why are you so secretive?” Jessica asked.

            “You will see.” He said as he carefully walks her to the Lavender field.

            A few staffs walk out of the small house and up to Siwon, but he signals them to leave. They nod lightly and turn around, heading back into the house. Siwon walks her a few feet farther into the field then stop.

            “You can open your eyes.” He said.

            Jessica opens her eyes. Immediately she was astounded by the beautiful lavender field.

eaa64286800e0b98e29a84002f3492af.jpg

            “Oh my gosh. This place is beautiful!” Said Jessica.

            Siwon let go of her hand. He let her wonder the field in joy. From left to right, Jessica could not take the smiles off her face. It was so beautiful. The senses are soft and gently. Siwon follows her closely with the camera in his hand, taking pictures of her from one place to the next. Jessica hop and spin in the air—dancing down the row. Siwon stop taking picture and watches her, savoring the image of her happy and joyful self in the lavender field.

            “This is the most beautiful place I’ve ever seen.” Said Jessica, loudly in joy. She stops hopping around like a rabbit and looks at Siwon. “I love it.” She walks up to him.

            “I know you will love it.” Said Siwon, in a gentle voice. “This place is the reason why I want to live here.”

            Jessica wraps her arms around his neck. “I don’t care where ever you take me. I will love it.”

            “You trust me that much?”

            Jessica nod.

            “Then can I hear three words from you?”

            “What three words?” Jessica said, shyly.

            “Three words that every couple say to each other.” Said Siwon. Jessica pretends she does not know what he was trying to say. He signs and leans closer. “Je’taime.” He whispered.

            The words made her heart jump in joy. She couldn’t help and shyly smiles.         

            “Now do you know?” He asked.

            Jessica shyly shakes her head, pretending she does not know. “I don’t understand French.” She said.

            Siwon chuckles lightly. “It’s okay if you don’t want to understand.” He said. Jessica surprisingly looks at him. “We still have time. I will teach you French.” He said. He grabs her left hand and walks down the row of Lavender Field. “Let enjoy the Lavender.”

            They continue to walks around the Lavender Field, observing the lavender blowing along with the wind. Jessica glances at Siwon from time to time with an eager heart to tell him who and what is in her heart. She can’t say she loves him now, but she is sure he is in her heart.

“Give me some time…. I want to say those word to you, but I want to clear thing out first…             clear thing in my heart and mind… just give me a little more time.”

* * * * *

            Absent mind Taeyeon stand behind the register, staring blankly at the open space in front of her.  The only thing…the only person her mind is Nichkhun and the words she said to him.

            “Was I too harsh? Did I go overboard?... Did I offended him?” Taeyeon questioned herself. “I rather lied and tell him hurtful thing so he would give up. I don’t him to waste any more time on me….”

           A couple of customers walk up the cashier to place their order but she did not respond. They wave their hands in front of her. She looks up and greeted with a forceful smile.

            “Mianhe, what would you like to order?” Taeyeon asked.

            “I would like a medium ice americano.” The first customer said.

            Taeyeon enters the order into the iPad.  

            “I would like a medium ice caramel macchiato.” Said the second customer reaching for her wallet in the purse.

            “That will be a total of 11, 235.00 KRW.” Said Taeyeon.

            The second customer handed her the money. Taeyeon returns the changes to her. The two customers walk to the other end of the station. Taeyeon looks out the glass window as if she is waiting and looking for someone.  The coworker who is cleaning the table notices the absent-minded Taeyeon staring out the window.

            The employee walks over to Taeyeon and stands beside her. “Are you waiting for him?” she asked.

            Taeyeon looks at the employee with a slightly confused look.

            “Mr. Horvejkul.” Said the employee. “Are you waiting for him?” she asked again.

            Taeyeon gulp and looks down. “No.” She lied.

            “Don’t lie. You are waiting for him.” Said the female employee. “You have been acting strangely since you got here. You stand here like a statue and spacing out. It is obvious you’re thinking about him. Did something happen between you and him last night? He’s usually here by now to see you. Or did he tell you he will come later to see you?” She nosily asked.

            Taeyeon inhales and exhales. “He won’t come anymore.” She said.

            The female employee looks at her confusedly. “You and him broke up?”

            “We’ve never started.” Said Taeyeon, in a sad tone.

            The female employee opens and ready to speak but stop when she looks at the entrance and sees the same flower lady the other day with a bouquet in her hands. The flower lady walks up to the counter.

“Miss Kim, this is for you.” Said the flower lady.  She hands Taeyeon the bouquet of beautiful flower with a small note card clip to the branch.

            Taeyeon accepts the bouquet. The flower lady politely bows before to leave the store.

            “Whatever happens between you two, he willing to be the first to apologize and get back with you.” Said the female employee before she walks to the back of the store.

            Taeyeon pulls the note card away from the branch and holds it up closer to her. She read the words written on the card.

“Taeyeon,

The words you said last night…. along with your action is two different things. I thought long and hard… why? Why you chose to push me away. Why you keep rejecting. I could not find the answer. But all I know…all I want you to know that I won’t give up. You may not love me now… you may think that chasing after you is a waste of time. To me, it’s worth all the time in the world. Even if I turn old and wrinkle… I will spend a lifetime chasing and proving myself to you. I will continue to prove myself to you. I will show you that I’m serious about you. I will… because I believe in love at first sight…just seeing you smile bring the beautiful world that I see darkest… a world I thought no happiness exist…. I know the truth now. It all live within a smile of a beautiful woman…. A smile that brighten up my world… I knew I’ve fallen deeply in love with you… and I will wait…. I will wait for you to accept me. –Nichkhun.”

            Tears glide down her white and soft cheek as she looks at the flowers…her favorites flowers. A few employees stop and look at Taeyeon with confused and worries. They’ve never seen Taeyeon cry, but today.

            “Sara, can you watch the cashier a for moment?” Taeyeon asked.

            Sara nod. Taeyeon hurried to the back of the store. She leans against the building and silently shed tears. A mix of emotional tears continues to glide down her cheek. She looks at the bouquet.

To be continued........................................