Chapter 25: The Sweet Grandma

Love You Like A Fool

[At the hospital]

            The four girls—Taeyeon, Jessica, Sunny, and Hyoyeon—walks into the hospital. They chat happily as they walk to the Therapy Department.

            “Jessica, how’s the wedding preparation going? Do you need any help?” Taeyeon asked.

            “Siwon has everything almost done.” Said Jessica.

            “He did everything? Even picking out your wedding dress?” Sunny asked.

            “He had a designer design the wedding dress for me.”

            “He knows your measurement?”

            Jessica nod.

            “Wow. I’m speechless.” Said Hyoyeon. “How?”

            Sunny looks at her, “I thought you said you were speechless.”

            “What? I’m curious too.” Said Hyoyeon.

            “I don’t know how, but he said he was able to measure with his eyes and….” Jessica stop and blush.

            “And what?” Hyoyeon asked, curiously.

            “And when he held me in his arms.”

            Sunny and Hyoyeon giggles at the shy Jessica trying to calm herself from blushing. The four of them enter the Therapy Department and walks up to a small room. They stop by the window and looks inside. They see nurses, doctors, and Kris surrounding Tiffany. Jessica’s eyes glide to Kris and see his troubled face. She becomes worried.

            “It seems like Tiffany is still struggling to accept the truth.” Said Hyoyeon.

            “Give her time. She will recover back to the old Tiffany we once know.” Said Taeyeon.

            Let’s go in.” Said Sunny.

            They enter the small separate therapy room from the main room of the department. Kris turns his head to the door and sees Jessica walking up to him and Tiffany with Sunny, Hyoyeon, and Taeyeon. The nurses move aside. Jessica looks down and sees Tiffany’s eyes red.

            “We will come back later. Why don’t you talk to her for a little?” Said the doctor. “I’ll be back.”

            “Okay. Thank you, doctor.” Said Kris.

            The doctor and nurses leave the small room.

            “Unnie, are you okay?” Jessica asked. Tiffany shook her head.

            “I don’t want to wear that fake leg. It’s not my real leg. I can’t accept it.” Said Tiffany in tears.

            Jessica embraces her. “Mianhe unnie. I know it’s hard for you to accept it, but if you give it a chance. It will become a part of you.”

            “It can’t…. it can’t become my leg.”

            Kris kneels and grabs a hold of her hands. Jessica takes a step back.“Tiffany, I know it hard for you to accept all of this now. I know it hurts just thinking about it, but I need you to be strong. You have a dream to go after.”

            “My dream is ruin.” Tiffany said, in tears.

            “But your hope is with you. You still have hope and it’s what makes you achieve your dream. The fake leg can’t be compared to your real leg, but over time, it will become a part of you. You will be able to walk like normal. You can dance. You can chase after your dream again.” Said Kris, holding her hands tightly.

            “It can’t! It can’t.”

            Jessica wanted to run up to her and embrace her. Taeyeon stops her.

            “Let Kris. He can do it.” Taeyeon whispered. “She loves him. She will listen to him.”

            Kris closed his eyes tight, shutting his tears.

            “Kris…. I—” Tiffany stuttered.

            “It’s all my fault. I caused you to lose one leg. God should have to take my life.” Said Kris in sorrow.

            “Kris…if god takes your life, then it’s pointless for me to live.” Said Tiffany. Kris opens his eyes. Tiffany lifts his head up by the chin.

            “Tiffany, you are all I have. I need you to be strong. If you’re strong then I can continue to face the world. If you’re can’t. I can’t…. please Tiffany.” 

            Tiffany hesitates for a little before she nods. “I’ll try it.”

            Kris smiles weakly. “Thank you, yobo… thank you.”

            The doctor walks back into the room with the fake leg. He carries it up to Tiffany.

            “It may hurt and feel uncomfortable at first, but as time pass, the feeling will go away. You wouldn’t even notice it all.” Said the doctor. He looks at Kris, “Do you want to try and put it on her?”

Kris nod and takes the fake leg from him. Tiffany takes a look at the fake leg and immediately looks away. She closed her eyes tight, unable to look at it.

Seeing the worry and tears in Jessica's eyes, Taeyeon wraps her right arm around her left arm. “How about we go outside for a moment and give her a moment,” Taeyeon suggested.

Hyoyeon and Sunny nods. Taeyeon looks at Jessica and sees her in tears. She wraps her arms around her left arm and walks her out of the room with Hyoyeon and Sunny. Standing behind the half-length window, they watch Kris continues to kneel in front of Tiffany, waiting for her to open her eyes again. He waits a little longer then put the leg on for her.

            Jessica places her right hand on the window, “Unnie…” A sad and painful whispered as she watches Tiffany shed more tear.

            “How about we go get something to drink?” Taeyeon suggested as she worriedly looks at Jessica.

            “I will stay here.” Said Sunny.

            “Me too.” Said Hyoyeon.

            “Jessica, why don’t you come with me?” Said Taeyeon, grabbing Jessica arm and drag with her along.

            Jessica obediently with Taeyeon out of the Therapy Department to the main lobby of the hospital. “It’s all my walksfault.” Jessica said with guilt. “What can I do to take away her pain?”

            “There’s nothing you can do. Just give her time. The person she needs is Kris. He’s her motive, her energy to continue.” Said Taeyeon.

            “Taeyeon, what should I do? Will she be able to go through her fear?” Said Jessica worriedly.

            Walking through the main lobby, Jessica and Taeyeon spotted Siwon on the far right of the hospital heading through the hallway.

            “It’s Siwon.” Said Taeyeon.

            Siwon stop when he hears someone said his name. He turns and sees Jessica with Taeyeon just pass the center of the lobby, not too far from him. He smiles and walks up to them. Jessica sees him carrying a small basket of fruit in his right hand.

            “Hi.” He greeted both. “What are you two doing here?” He asked. 

            “We came to sees Tiffany.” Taeyeon answered.

            “Tiffany is here?”

            “Yes, she’s in the physical therapy department.” Said Jessica. “Kris is with her.” The smile on Siwon slowly disappeared. A pair of jealous eyes looks away from hers.  She notices it. Jessica reaches for his right hand and holds its’ tightly, hoping to ease his worried and jealousy. “Sunny and Hyoyeon are also with her. What are you doing here?”

            “I came to visit Nichkhun’s halmeoni.” Said Siwon.  

            “Nichkhun is not back yet.” Taeyeon asked, worriedly. Jessica glance at her and smiles victoriously.

            “Are you worry about him?” She asked.

            Taeyeon nervously smiles, “Umm…. As a friend, I’m just looking out for him.”

            Jessica could see through her ‘excuse’, it was pure worries Taeyeon has for Nichkhun. She can believe her cousin, Taeyeon, is slowly falling in love yet refuse to admit it.

            Siwon shook his head. “No, there’s still a few things he has to take care of. Do you want to visit her with me? She’s a sweet lady.” He asked with smiles.

            “I would love too.” Said Jessica, happily. Siwon leads the way. “Let’s go visit her together.” She said as she drags Taeyeon along.

            The two of them follow Siwon down the hall—make a right turn and then another right turn. Siwon stops at a suite on the left and open the door. He enters the room with Jessica and Taeyeon.

            “Annyoung halmeoni.” Siwon greeted happily as he walks up to halmeoni and gives her a warm hug. “How are you?”

            Halmeoni returns his hug with a smile and a light pat on the back. She sees Two beautiful standing behind him. “Who are these lovely ladies with you?” She asked. 

            Siwon let go of halmeoni and walks up to Jessica. He grabs and holds her hand, “This is my bride-to-be.” Said Siwon, introducing them to her, “And this is Taeyeon, her cousin.”

            Halmeoni smiles widely and greeted them with a slight nod, “Annyounghaeseyo.” She greeted them, “You both are beautiful.” She looks at Siwon, “You are a very lucky man, Siwon. I wish Nichkhun’s would find the love of his life and get married soon.”

            Jessica glance at Taeyeon, who shyly blush with her head facing down.

            “I found his other half already.” Said Siwon.

            “Really? Who is she?” Halmeoni said with excitement. “Is she beautiful like Miss Taeyeon?”

            “She is—….”

            “She’s beautiful like her.” Jessica cut him off. She looks at Siwon, “right?”

            Siwon nod.

            “I want to meet her.” Said Halmeoni.

            “He will bring her to meet you officially one day.” Said Siwon.  

            Halmeoni nods lightly, “Do you know where Nichkhun is? He hasn’t called or visited me lately.” She asked as she looks at Siwon.

            “He’s not in the country right now. He flew out to Germany to work on a few things. I believe he will be back soon.” Said Siwon nervously.

            “Siwon, have you seen her?” Halmeoni asked. Before Siwon could answer, she looks at Jessica, “Have you met her? Nichkhun’s girlfriend?”

            Taeyeon feels her cheeks burning. She shyly glances at Jessica.

            “We’ve met her. She beautiful just like Taeyeon here. Lovely eyes and hairs, milky white skin, kind heart, and very caring.” Said Jessica with wide smiles.

            Halmeoni looks at Taeyeon. She couldn’t hold in her happiness, “If you were his girlfriend then it would be great.”

            “Halmeoni, would you like some fruit?” Taeyeon asked, nervously. She walks to the basket and carries it to the sink in the room. “

            “I’ll help you.” Said, Jessica, as she walks to the sink and stands beside Taeyeon. She helps washes the fruit and place it on the plate.

            Siwon takes a seat at the edge of the bed and holds halmeoni hands, “Halmeoni, what do you think of my bride-to-be?”

            “She’s very pretty and kind. I’m so happy for you.” Said Halmeoni.

            “Halmeoni, I’m getting married in a couple days. Can you come to my wedding?” Siwon asked.

            Halmeoni sighed softly, “Mianhe Siwon. With my condition, I can’t leave the hospital. However, I wish you and Jessica the best from here on. Once you and she are married, you always have to give in to her. You must love her with all your heart.” She said.

            Siwon glance at Jessica than back at halmeoni. “I will, halmeoni.” He said.

            Jessica, who is still standing at the sink with Taeyeon and cutting the fruit, heard everything and let out a sweet smile.

 

To be continued……………………..