Chapter Three: He's a married man?

Love You Like A Fool

 

            The next day, the sun rises and shines bright through the curtain, hitting the queen size bed with two beautiful princesses still sleeping peacefully. The sleep became abrupt by Tiffany alarm. Tiffany eyes flung open slowly—reaching her left hand over to the nightstand, she slide the red flashing phone to the right, shutting off the alarm. Lift her body up and sat on bed with her arms stretch apart. Inhale and exhale deeply, she turn her head to the right and looked at Jessica, who is still asleep. Shaking Jessica lightly, she have successfully waken her up.

            “This is still early.” Jessica murmured.

            Tiffany smiles, “It’s 9: 30 already. We need to get ready. The wedding starts in one and half hour later. Wake up you sleepy head.” Tiffany shook Jessica a couple times before she gets off the bed and walked to the suitcase—grabbed a few items then strolled to the bathroom. Jessica was still lying on bed with her eyes shut.

            “Jessica wake up!” Tiffany shouted.

            Jessica jolted up into sitting position with her eyes half open. Still in her nap zone, she yawn afore stretch her arms out and yawns. Scratching the back of her head lightly, she shifted her legs to the end of the bed.  She stood and walked to the window. Spread the curtain apart, a full sunlight strive her body and the room brightly. Her eyes shut close by the bright ultra light. Blocking the light with her right, she lift her eyes lid up—blinking a few times before she bravery lower her hand and looked down at the street. Her eyes shift to the Eifel Tower, smiles flashes across her face when she remembers her carefree moment yesterday.

            “Jessica, have you seen my make-up bag.” Tiffany walked out of the bathroom with a white towel wrap around her body.

            “I think is the first drawer on the left.” Jessica directed her.

            Tiffany walked over to the make-up desk and opened the drawer. 

            “Do you know who’s wedding this is? The name of the groom?” Jessica curiously asked.

            “I don’t know his first name, but I do know his last name. I think it’s Choi.” Tiffany said as she walked back to bathroom. “Hurry and get change.”

            Jessica sighed, “Okay.” A last looked at the Eifel Tower before she walked over to suitcase.

~ ~ ~ ~

            Guest crowded in the garden, walking with glasses of wine in their hand. Jessica, Tiffany, and Kris finally arrived at the wedding ceremony. Waiter walks around with tray of glasses of red wine and snacks. Jessica excitedly grabbed a few snakes before pulled to the white big tent by Tiffany. They took a moment before the horn blow loudly in the garden.

            “Mesdames et Messieurs, veuillez vous asseoir. La cérémonie est sur ​​le point de commencer.” Said the announcer.

            Guest walked over to their seat. Jessica looked around the place anxiously wanting to see the groom and the bride. The horn blew again, this time the musician played the Wedding March. Jessica shifted her upper body around a little to see the groom and the bride. A little boy and a little girl stroll down the aisle first, spreading roses petal to the side as they stroll up the aisle. The groom and bride began to take their place in the aisle. Jessica jaw dropped the moment the couple takes their first step.  She recognized the groom.

            Jessica jolt to her feet, “It can’t be...” Jessica whispered in disbelief. Anger, hurt, and shocked filled her mind. Yesterday, she knew him as Siwon—a mysterious man that cause trouble yet is adventurous and outgoing, but today, it all fade away. The Siwon she knew became a married man that left a deep impression yet speechless in her. She watched him and his soon-to-be wife down the aisle.

            Siwon hopelessly sighed and looked to the side, unexpected he sees Jessica. Unable to speak, he ruefully looked away. His foreigner wife smiles widely as she wave at the guest. Jessica keep watching them strolled closer to the priest—who happily waiting for them. They finally come to a stop—stopping approximately two feet away from the priest.

            “Bon après-midi.” The Priest greeted them.

            “Bon après-midi.” The bride repeated while Siwon force a smile on his face.

            “Aujourd'hui, devant nos témoins, je dirai ma bénédiction pour présenter au monde entier notre nouveau beau couple aujourd'hui. Marié et la mariée, s'il vous plaît s'affronter.” The Priest begins.

            Jessica pouted and looked away. Inhale and exhale heavily, the anger and jealousy rose in him. Silently, she whispered inside her head.  “This. This man, how could he—how could he not tell me he’s a marry man.” Jessica let out an angry puff.” She looked up at the men standing on the both side.  Jessica recognized those men on the side. “They are…those guys are the one that chased after Siwon and I. Why are they here? Could it be—…yesterday was not the chase of death but to bring him back here?”

            Kris looked to the side and notice Jessica facing the ground. “Something wrong?” He asked.

            I lift my head up immediately and shook my head. “No.”

            “Then why are you looking at the ground instead of the couple?” He asked again.

            “I spotted a butterfly landing on my shoe. It was beautiful.” Jessica lied to him.

            “Oh okay.” Said Kris before he pays attention back to the groom and the bride.

            “Je fais.” Said the bride.

            Siwon sighed and looked where Jessica is seating. He was staring at her as well as she was at him. Their gaze froze as if time has froze, just the two of them standing on this planet looking at each other with full of unspoken sadness. Suddenly, rain starts to fall from above, drop by drop, it land on the grass. Siwon break the stare and look away. The bodyguard on the side slightly coughs, signaling Siwon to speak.

            “Je fais.” Siwon said in a low tone.

            The priest lightly nodded his head with a smile and continues with the speech.

            “Vous pouvez embrasser la mariée.” Said the priest.

            Siwon hesitate as he looked at his bride. Jessica irritatedly looked away. The bride jumped into Siwon and cupped his face, taking his lips passively. Siwon just stood like a statue. Everyone stood and applauds loudly, cheering for the new wedded couple. Siwon step and force another smile on his face when looking at the guest. The musician begins to play uplifting and loud beats as the waiter and waitress carries tray of wine glasses and walk around. Many were speaking; few were speaking English including Tiffany and Kris. Jessica just followed them; strolling wherever they go boringly. From one corner to the next, Jessica felt more interesting analyzing the big old mansion that’s like a castle.

            “Are you hungry?” Kris asked. “Do you want something?” He concernly looked at her.

            Jessica shook her head no. “I’m going to use the restroom.” Jessica said to Tiffany.

            Tiffany nodded. “Okay.” She responded. 
            Jessica walked into the mansion, strolled in the hall, looking left to right for the ladies room. Just down the hall, she spotted the ladies room and entered. Up the sink, she washes her hand with warm water before drying with the paper towel. Her action stopped when she gazed at the mirror. Inhale and exhale deeply a couple times, she was able to rid those feeling she felt before.

            “Better now.” Jessica said to the mirror with a smile.

            Walking to the door, she threw the paper towel into the trash bin and exits the ladies room. Instead meeting up with her sister and Kris, she decided to tour around the mansion that have lots of antique items place on the walls, tables, and displays inside the glass cabins.

            “Enjoying yourself so far?”

            Jessica immediately turned around and sees Siwon standing at the entrance. She gives him an angry pout.

            “What did I do?” Siwon asked as she walked up to her.

            “How come you did tell me you’re a marry man?” Jessica asked.

            “You didn’t ask. Why?”

            Jessica gave her princess look away attitude to him and continues to walks around the main room.

            Siwon lightly chuckles as he follows her. “Why are you here?” he asked.

            “My dad asked my sister to attend your wedding for him, so I decided to go with her.” Said Jessica. “I thought his friend would be older looking type, but you’re different.”

            Siwon nodded his head. “I am old.”  He said.

            “You don’t look old.”

            “I’m 36.”

            “My dad is 42.” Said Jessica. “... and he looked like a grandpa.”

            Siwon flash sweet smiles watching her walks lightly around the room. “Wow, this is the best gift I ever receive today. A beautiful young girl praising my youthful look.” He commented. Jessica ignore him as she move to the next object. “You are Jung Seung-ho’s daughter?” He asked.

            Jessica proudly nodded, “Yup, that’s me. He’s youngest daughter.” She said.

            “I see.” Siwon delightedly said as he watch her and followed her around the room. “So you like antique stuffs?” He asked.

            Jessica turn her attention and nodded her head like a child before she resume her observation.

            “You are different.” He said with curious. “Different from other ordinary girl.”

            “How?”

            “From my perspective, girls like to go shopping, go clubbing, and do something fun. But you—you are totally different. You like castle, tour around a strange place, observing antique items. It makes you…..” He paused, trying to find a correct word to describe.

            Jessica stopped and looked at him. “Makes me what?”

            “Mysterious, adventurous, and special.” Siwon softly smiles.

            Jessica shyly and turn around again, as if she was on a Merry-Go-Round. Seeing the sweet happy smiles on her face flutters his heart, shaking it uncontrollably as he continues to trail her. From behind, he enjoyably watches her. Unknowingly, her smiles erase every possible thing he hate and don’t want to remember or think off. It was as if she was his antidote. Browsing a little more around the lobby, suddenly she thought something. She curious about his home, it is big or small? Is it old or new? She love castle, wonder if his home is like a castle. She turned around all suddenly, not knowing he was close behind. In a second, their lips touch and eyes jolt wide. Her heart stop beating as a pair of warm lips rest over hers. Siwon just froze. Her first kiss given to him on his wedding day with another women. Quickly, she backs away from him, standing approximately two feet away from him with her hand covering her lips. Siwon blankly stood in front of her, confuse.

            Facing the floor, a strange heat rush up her cheek. Secretively, she touches her cheek, “Why am I blushing? Why is my cheeks hot?” Jessica whispered inside her head.

            Placing his hand at his heart, he felt it beating fast, so fast that it’s shaking inside of him. “Sorry.” Siwon apologized.

            Jessica shyly blinks, trying to calm her anxious beating heart down and face him again. “It’s okay. Jus—just don’t tell anybody about this.” Her voice was nearly a whisper. “By the way, why are you in here? Shouldn’t you be out there with your newly wedded wife?” She asked.

            “It’s too crowded out there. I needed to use the restroom anyway. Coincidently I see you in here.” Said Siwon.

            “Anyway, those guys out there who were chasing us… I mean you yesterday, why are they here? Was yesterday chase to bring you back here?” Jessica asked.

            Siwon turn around, looking out the window for a moment before back at Jessica, “They are her bodyguard.” He answered her question.

            “Then yesterday was just a sho…..” Cut off by her phone. She take her cellphone out from her purse—a quick glance at the display before she answer her phone. “Hello?” She answered in English.

            “Where are you? What is taking you so long?” Tiffany spoke loudly over the phone.

            “I’m inside, in the main room of the mansion.” Said Jessica. “I’m just checking out the antique stuffs.” She added.

            “I thought you gone missing again, like yesterday.” Tiffany exaggerates.

            “I’m just inside, better than being outside doing nothing.” Said Jessica. Don’t want to eavesdrops, Siwon decided to go looked at the gods golden statues just ten feet away.

            “Okay, don’t take to long in there. We will be leaving shortly.”  

            “Okay, I’ll be out there soon. Bye.” She hangs up her phone and put it back in her purse before turning around again and sees him at one of the statues in the room. Gazing at the side of his face, she felt herself drawn to his handsomeness. Lifting her right hand up, she airbrushes her fingers across her lips. “My first.” Tilting her head a little, she continues to observe him from different angle before walking up to him.

            Hearing her heel clicking the floor, he smiles. “Done already?” He turned around and bumped her.

            “Ahhhhh…” She screamed.

            Siwon act quickly—arms wrap around her tightly—holding her back from falling—pulling her up to him. Without letting her go even though they are back on their feet, his arms remain around her. She shockingly looks at him. “Whoa, that was close. I seriously got to stop making you fall.” He said as he looked at the hard tiles. Not hearing her speak, he looks at her. Again, only an inch away from each other as they lock in each other eyes. Her right hand rests on his shoulder with her left hand at his chest, where his heart is. Thump. Thump. Thump. She feels his heart beats.

 

To be continue………………

Translation: 
Mesdames et Messieurs, veuillez vous asseoir. La cérémonie est sur le point de commencer. =  “Ladies and gentlemen, please take a seat. The ceremony is about to start.” 
bon après-midi = “Good Afternoon.” 
Aujourd'hui, devant nos témoins, je dirai ma bénédiction pour présenter au monde entier notre nouveau beau couple aujourd'hui. Marié et la mariée, s'il vous plaît s'affronter. = “Today, in front of our witnesses, I will say my blessing to introduce the world to our new lovely couple today. Groom and Bride, please face each other.
Je fais = “ I do.”
Vous pouvez embrasser la mariée = “You may kiss the bride.”