Chapter 29: A Dream in Provence, France

Love You Like A Fool

           The tour begins on the first floor of the mansion. Siwon walks her from one room to the next room—grand living room, family room, dining room, game room, wine room, kitchen. The tour continues onto the second floor—room such as the meeting room, study room, and library. Jessica was getting dizzy trying to memorize all the room she had entered.

            Jessica stops Siwon at the stairs. “Siwon, I’m getting dizzy. There’re so many rooms in this house. I can’t remember it all. I’m going to get lost.” She said as she looks around the big mansion. “You put a directory on every floor and at every end of the hall.”

            Siwon smiles, “I’ll be here with you. The butler and maid will be here to guide you around our home.” He said, holding onto her hands.

            “I’m going to need at least two weeks to a month to remember the entire place.” Jessica pouted.

            “Come on, there is a place I want to show you.” Said Siwon, holding and dragging her down the stairs.

            “Another surprise?”

            “You’ll see soon.” Said Siwon, excitedly.

            They run out to the back of the mansion—pass the garden area of the grand backyard across a small bridge to a little island. Jessica was at awe. Siwon let go of her hand and walks to the statue horse by the small river. Two white and pink balloons attach at the ears of the statue horse. Beside the horse is a beautiful swing sit for two. It faces the beautiful nature of Provence. White vine with light pink and yellow flowers wraps the metal chain hung on the thickest and strongest branch. At the center of the island is a white table with two chairs across each other. Across the swing is a small wishing well with wind chimes. There’re flowers around the wishing well, giving it more colors.

            “What do you think?” Siwon asked. He walks up to the swing. “I know you like to walk at the edge of the river, so I had someone build me a small river about 3 feet deep. Then I add a swing facing the beautiful nature of Provence. You also get a view of sunrise and sunset. I put the horse here because it symbolizes freedom. The wishing well with wind chimes is to calm to when you are stress or not in a good mood.” He gives a brief detail of all the object on the little island.  “I plan to put a swing bed here as well, but I’m afraid that you would rather sleep here than in our bedroom.”

            Jessica blush. She ignores him and walks to the horse first then looks down at the small river. There are Koi fishes inside the river. All are beautiful fishes swimming around the little river. Jessica turns around and looks at him with a sweet smile.

            “You did all of this for me?”

            Siwon nod. “Moving to a new place is hard. It will take months to a year to get used to here. You will probably feel bored and maybe wants to have your own space, so I had this little build for you. A place where you can truly be yourself.”

            A warm smiles flash across her face as she approaches him slowly. Her arms swing around Siwon neck gently. She tips toe and gives him a kiss. Siwon was shocked by her action. His body stiff with eyes wide open.

            “What’s wrong?” Jessica asked. “Did I say something wrong?”

            Siwon shook his head gently, “No.” He said in a soft tone. “I was just surprised by your kiss. It’s usually me that makes the move.”

            Jessica blush. “Are you saying you did all the work?”

            Siwon chuckles lightly. He wraps his arms around her tiny waist. “I’m sure that if it’s mostly me.” He said.  

            Jessica smiles as she walks around small island garden, he built for her.

[Back inside the mansion]

            The sun slowly falls as the sky dims. The night is coming. The tour around the mansion is about to end. There is only one room left in the mansion. He walks her up to the third floor to the room located right by the stairs. They stop in front of the door. The excited Jessica reach for the door but Siwon stops her from reaching for the doorknob. She confusedly looks at him.

            “This room… you can’t enter.” He said.

            “This room belongs to someone else?” She asked. Siwon did not answer. She could only assume one thing. “Is this your ex-wife room? If it is then I don’t want to be here. This home is probably filled with memories of you and your previous wife.”

            Siwon smiles seeing her unhappy face. He carries her in a bridal way. “You think too much.” He said.

            “What are you doing?” Jessica said in a slight startle tone.

            “Carrying my wife into our room.” Said Siwon as he reaches for the doorknob and pulls is down. “Close your eyes.” He said. Jessica did as told. Siwon gives a slight push and the door slide inward. He carries her into the grand master bedroom. A light kick, the door close shut before he was to the center of the room and put her down in front of the king size bed.

          “You can open your eyes now.” Said Siwon.

          Jessica opens her eyes. The sparkle clear object surprises her. She’s astounded by the light Diamonds Crystal Sparkling Iridescent Beaded curtain hanging around the bed. “This is not a dream…. it’s real.” Jessica whispered in her head. Not many people know about the curtain… maybe her readers or close friend… Kris and her father. No one else. The smile pauses when his name crosses her mind, but it did not sadden her. She turns and looks at Siwon, who is patiently standing behind her with sweet smiles. She flashes a soft smile then looks back at the curtain. This beaded curtain is the reason she continues to dream and be happy. She lightly feels the beaded with her palm.

Jessica looks at him with a mix of confusion and surprise. “You knew?”

            Siwon lightly nods with a confident nod. “Yes.” He answered in a gentle tone. “Do you like it?” He takes a couple steps closer.

            Jessica lightly nodded her head. “I love it. But how did you find the exact match like the one I have in my room?”

           “At first I know nothing about the curtain, but I know you are a dreamer and a type of person that will write everything that attracts them into the journal. I was right. I went online and found your blog.”

           “Now I know why that little island garden looks so much like my dream place that I create on my blog.” Jessica said wither hands intertwine behind her back. She walks up to him slowly. “Let me guess the rest of the story. You were curious, so you read everything on my blog?” She asked. He nods lightly. “The garden was on my blog as well. The things I like and the things I hate.”

            “I’ve read it all.” Siwon said.

            “What else do you know about me?” Said Jessica as she goes through the closet of new clothes hanging on the stainless bar.

            “Let’s say, the journey to know you were slightly difficult.” Siwon said as he slowly walks up to her. “I put a lot of effort to make sure my lovely is happy and comfortable even when she is far away from home.” He stops a step away from her. Siwon lowers his head makes her cheek rose red. She shyly avoids his eyes

            “Do you want to check out the new clothes that I have asked the maid to get for you?” Siwon asked.

            “You even know my clothing size?” Jessica said with wide eyes on him.

            “It’s not that hard to guess. Most girls wear either size small or x-small. When I embraced you, I knew you wear size x-small.”

            “What else do you know about me?” Said Jessica as she goes through the closet of new clothes hanging on the stainless bar.

            “Is there anything I need to know besides the fact that you are a very romantic and observant handsome man?”

            “My wife complimenting me. I am very honor.” Said Siwon, happily. “You only need to remember my phone number. If you get lost or if you miss me. You can call me anytime. I will always answer your call.” He smiles as he watches her from behind.

            “You are such a husband material.” Said Jessica smiles lightly as she turns and looks at him. “No wonder lots of women are attracted to you.”

            “I only got eyes for one.”

            Jessica's cheeks blush. She turns and looks at the curtain hang around the bed. From her dream to reality, she was speechless.

            Seeing her shy in a cute makes him happy. He reaches for her hand and walks her to the bathroom. “It has been a long day. Why don’t you take a bath and then join me for dinner?” Siwon said.

            Jessica happily nods like a child. She walks up to the bathtub fills with semi-hot water and rose petals floating in it. “You can do this here?” She asked.

            Siwon nod. “Do you like it?” He asked.

            “I love it. Can I take a bath with rose petal every day?”

            “You can. I’ll have the made pick out fresh rose petals from the garden every day.”

            “Wait, I change my mind.” Said Jessica. “I don’t want to waste such lovely roses in the garden.”

            Siwon tilts his head a little to the side. “You change your mind pretty quick.”

            Jessica smiles pridefully. “Beautifully things shouldn’t be used like this. Occasionally, but not all the time.”

            Siwon nods with a surrender looks with his arms crossed. The semi-hot bathtub waits for her but his present makes her shy to take a bath. Her cheeks rose red just the thought of him in the same room with her undressing. She shakes it off and grabs onto his left arm.

            “Can you—can you leave?” Jessica asked in a shy tone.

            Siwon blinks a couple times. “We’re married. What wrong with a husband taking care of his wife?”

            “But not here.” Said Jessica with her blushing face facing the floor.

            “Can I stay and help you bath? How about I cover my eyes?” Siwon asked.

            Jessica shyly shakes her head. Siwon sighed.

            “Please?” She asked almost in a whispered.

            “Okay. I’ll wait for you outside. Shout if you need something.” Said Siwon.

            Jessica nods. Siwon quickly kiss on the cheeks before he walks out of the bathroom. The cheek kiss surprised her a little. She smiles as she checks out the classic master bathroom. Beautifully and meaning statues sitting on the counters, classic sinks and flowers at every corner.

            “A man with great taste in styles.” Jessica praise. She begins to undress—piece by piece then step into the bathtub.

            Siwon waited in the open living room of the master bedroom, looking at the wedding ring that is on his finger. He still could not believe that he successfully have her.

            “She’s now yours… Your lawful wife.” Siwon whispered inside his head with visible smiles as he stares blankly at the open space in front of him.

* * * * *

            Donghae and Taecyeon visit Nichkhun at his company. The two men take the elevator up to the top floor. Greeted by the secretary, they open the door and enter his office. Nichkhun was going through files. He stops and sees the two of them walking up to the empty seat across the desk.

            “Came to visit you. Busy?” Taecyeon asked.

            Nichkhun nod. “I’ve only been gone for a couple weeks and came back with so many files.”

            “Tell me about it.” Said Donghae. “Helping you was not easy.”

            Nichkhun smiles. “I still owe you a meal for helping me out.” He said.

            “It’s going to be an expensive meal.” Donghae said, teasingly.

            “Ripping him off already. I should have signed up too.” Said Taecyeon, jokingly.

            “It’s not too late.”

            “Second thought, I think I like my job better. I don’t want to lose my hair at this age.”

            Small laughter fills the room.

            “You are in your thirties already.” Said Donghae, “By the way, when are you planning to have a baby?”

            “Very soon.” Said Taecyeon with a big smile.

            “Yah. Don’t tell me Yoona is pregnant.” Said Nichkhun.

            Taecyeon nod.

            “Seriously?” Donghae said in a surprised tone.

            Taecyeon nod again.

            “Congrats man!” Nichkhun said in a happy tone.

            “So that’s why you were so strict on her last night. You didn’t let her drink at all.” Said Donghae. “Man, I’ve become a father of three and yet I still don’t notice those things.”

            “That’s why Krystal always yell at you.” Said Taecyeon, teasingly.

            “She does not yell at me. She hardly gets mad.”

            “You’re a lucky man.” Nichkhun praised.

            Donghae smiles with a slight nod. “I know I am.”

            “I’m about to throw up.” Said Taecyeon, jokingly. Donghae flashes a glare at Taecyeon for a little bit.

            Nichkhun chuckles lightly at them. “You here in my office to fight or visiting me?” he said.

            “Both.” Said Donghae.

            Taecyeon ignores him. “By the way, were you with Taeyeon last night?” Taecyeon asked.

            Nichkhun nods lightly. “Yes. We walk back to the hotel and sees no one, so I took her home.” He said.

            “Anything new between the two of you?” Donghae asked, noisily.

            “Let’s just say is a beginning of something new.” Said Nichkhun with a soft smile.

            “Making progress, I see.” Taecyeon said as he leans back on the chair. “Yoona was worry last night. I told her that she'd be fine, she didn’t believe me. Yoona told me that Taeyeon is a shy girl. She likes to be alone most of the time. Hardly smiles but loves to sing.”

            “For a second I thought you were going through depression after seeing you in such horrible mood last night. But I guess I’m wrong. She slowly opens up to you. There’s a chance for you.” Said Donghae.

            “All three of us are married. You’re the last one.” Said Taecyeon.

            Nichkhun weakly yet softly smiles. “I’m sure she’s the one.”

* * * * *

[At the café shop…]

            Standing behind the cashier, Taeyeon looks out the full-length glass window from time to time as if she was waiting for someone to come. Customer after customer enters the shop and order drinks. Taeyeon’s perform normally but her mind often wanders off. The sun begins to set and the sky slowly turning dark. It was time to close yet Taeyeon was still standing at the cashier staring at the counter. The co-workers notice her strange behavior. They walk up to her and stands on each side. Taeyeon’s absent mind was clueless by their present.

            “Are you okay, Taeyeon?” One of the two girls asked.

            The girl's voice startles her. Taeyeon looks up and sees both standing beside her.

            “What are you thinking about? You are not yourself today.” Said the second girl.

            Taeyeon gives a soft weak smile. “I’m fine.” She answered.

            “Are you waiting for someone?” The first girl asked.

            Taeyeon shyly avoids their eyes. “No.” She said shyly in lies.

            The front glass door open, a man enters the store with a bouquet of flower in his hand.

            “I think I know who she is thinking about.” Said the first girl.

            The second girl looks at her confusedly. She signals her to look at the front and sees Nichkhun making his way to Taeyeon, who still has her head facing down.

            “Taeyeon-ah, someone is here for you.” Said the first girl.

            Taeyeon looks up and sees Nichkhun walking up to her. He stops in front of her across the counter, holding on the bouquet of flowers in his hands.

            “Hi.” Nichkhun greeted with charming smiles.

            Taeyeon’s heart beats nervously fast as she met his eyes. She couldn’t get a word out of . She is still shocked to see him after secretly hoping to see him today. Now, he’s right in front of her…just across the counter with a bouquet in his hands.

 

To be continued………………………