Ch 12: The proposal

Love You Like A Fool

A few days later….

          Two days of comforting and watching her closely, making she does not do anything stupid. Siwon delay all his works, having Donghae and Nichkhun takes cares all the meeting while he put all his focus on Jessica. From tears to smiles, Jessica mood enlightens day by day. Siwon takes her out for a walk in the park, along the Han River, and on the street market. He takes her to any place where it takes her mind away from sadness. He takes her to his restaurant, one of most recognize restaurant in Seoul and plays her a song with a piano. She sits at the bar, watches and listens carefully to his song voices. He glances at her from time to time, sweetly smiles as he sings the lyrics right off his head.

f10dc49ebf5818bb7f6a1a1c60c3977a--hotel-princesa-london-hotels.jpg

Only You—Siwon (Parts)   

 

Ireon ge sarangin geot gata

I think that’s what love
Naegen
cheoeum gateunis

I carefully told you
I
neukkim josimseureopge malhaesseosseoabout

This feeling that I felt for the first time

 

Neomu neujeossdeon naui

My hasty
Seotureun
gobaekdeuriconfession

Which came too
Jakkuman
neoreul meoreojige haelate

Repeatedly pushed you away from me


Naboda deo saranghaneun neoraseo

Because you’re the one whom I love more than myself

Nan neoppuniya

To me you’re the only one

Geurae Nan neoppuniya

Yes, to me you’re the only one

Nunmul nadorok heojeonhae
As the tears flow, I feel empty.
Mame naega eopsdago haedo
 Even though you don’t have me in your heart

Geunraedo nal haebeonjjeum
Still, just one time

Nan neoppuniya
To me
you’re the only one
Geurae Nan neoppuniya
Yes, to me you’re the only one

  

            The song was gentle and soft as he continues to sing for her. A soft smiles flash across her faces as she looks at him, even though she does not know that the song dedicated to her.

            They visit Tiffany every day, checking on her and cheering her up, but they could not get a smile out of her. Tiffany have slowly accepted the truth. On the fourth floor, Kris is slowing recovering from his injuries. He’s slowly walking again using the crutches. He asked about Tiffany from time to time, wanting to visit her but he does not where, or which room Tiffany is in. No one in his family wanted to tell, because if he finds out the truth, he will be traumatized and blame himself for everything that happen. He does not know that Jessica have been quietly and secretly visiting him, checking on him, making sure he’s getting better. He senses her from time to time, but unable to see where she is. Jessica continues to hide behind the walls. There are times she find herself to weak to walk after seeing him seating in the waiting room as if he was waiting for her to show up. Too weak to carry anything. Siwon always came at the right time to help her stand, walks, and carries things for her as they take another way to Tiffany’s room.

              A week have passed, Jessica and Siwon walk into the suit and sees Mr. and Mrs. Jung beside the bed with the doctor and nurses in the small room. Taeyeon was also there, and so, was Tiffany’s dance team there as well. One of the nurses was holding onto a pair of crutches.

  “Today, we brought crutches so that it can help aid you stand and walk.” Said the doctor.

              “I don’t want to see that crutches.” Tiffany said, arrogantly. “Take it away.”

              “Tiffany, sitting on the bed won’t heal you. You need to practice walking on crutches.”

              “Yes, it will only take a few days to a week before your fake leg come.” Said the doctor.

              Tiffany emotionally looks at the doctor and then at her parent. “Fake leg?”

              “Yes, a leg that will become a part of you.” Said Mr. Jung.

              The doctor signals the nurse to bring the crutches over to Tiffany. “Why don’t you try walking today?” he said.

              Tiffany looks at the crutches. Sadness and anger build inside of her as tears slowly glide down her cheeks as she stares at the crutches. She swings the crutches away. “I don’t want it. I don’t the crutches! I don’t the fake leg!” She emotionally shouts in tears. “Take it away! Take it away! Eomma, take it away from me!”          

              Mrs. Jung embraces her tightly, petting the side of her head lightly. “Tiffany, you can’t be life. It hurt me to see you like this. I want to see my daughter strong again. I want to see her stand and walk again. I want her to know that the world is now ending. It’s not giving up on her.” She said in tears.

              Jessica and Taeyeon shed tears seeing how miserable Tiffany is in. It hurt them seeing the one they love drifting away from hope. Jessica reaches out to Taeyeon and hugs her as tears flowing down her cheek.

              “Tiffany-ah, please listen to appa. You must try to stand and walk again. You have to reach the world again. The world is waiting for you.” Said Mr. Jung.

              “I don’t want to.” Tiffany said as she cries into her mom's arms.

              “Doctor, can you give us a minute,” Siwon asked.

              “Yes. I’ll leave the crutches behind. We’ll be at the nurse station if you need us.” Said the doctor.

              “Thank you.”

              The doctor slightly bowed before he leaves the suite with the nurse.

              Jessica walks up to Tiffany and grabs both of her hands. She looks into her eyes with guilt and sadness. “Unnie, I know you’re in a lot of pain. I know you don’t want to live anymore. Losing a leg is like living in hell. I know well what you’re feeling inside. But you give up now…. death is the only way out for you than death is to me too.” She said, calmly yet in sadness.

              Jessica shocks every in the room. They watch the sister's exchange deeps and sorrow words in tears. Tiffany slowly lifts her left hand and cup the side of Jessica’s face.

              “Without you, there’s no meaning to live…..You mean a lot to me.”

              “Jessica……”

              “Please don’t give up now.”

              Tiffany nods. Mr. Jung went to get the crutches then walks back to Tiffany. He stand in front of Tiffany, patiently wait for her to stand and walk again. Tiffany looks at Jessica, in fear and worries. Jessica firmly grab her hands and nods, giving her supports. She stands and help Tiffany stand up on her right feet. Mr. Jung hand her the crutches. Tiffany take the crutches and begin supporting herself with it. Mr. and Mrs. Jung and Jessica take a couple steps back. Tiffany takes her first step toward Jessica. Taeyeon and Mrs. Jung shed happy tears seeing Tiffany walk again. Jessica has her arms out to embrace Tiffany went she reach her. Tiffany takes another steps toward Tiffany again.

              “You’re doing good.” Said Jessica.

              Tiffany takes another step forward. Kris enters the room and walks into the small where everyone is. Siwon and Taeyeon turn around and was shock to see Kris and Wooyoung in the room.

              The sound of the door bang against the wall caught Jessica and Tiffany attention.

“Tiffany!” Kris shout her name as he walks into the room.

Tiffany stop, turn around and sees Kris in the room. Kris, in shock, looks down at her feet—her right feet.

              “Tiffany…” Kris uttered in shock as he stiff yet slowly walks to her.

              The shock Tiffany tries to steps away from Kris but trip on herself and fall to the floor. “No! No!” She said loudly. “I don’t want to see him. I don’t want to see him here. Take him away! Appa, take him away!” She shouts in tears.

              Wooyoung grabs Kris and stop him from approaching Tiffany.

              “Tiffany.” Kris calls her as he struggles to break free from Wooyoung strong grip.

              “Eomma. Appa, I don’t want to see him. I don’t want him to see me like this.” Tiffany shouts in tears as she grabs onto Mr. Jung arms. “Please take him away.

              “Okay, Tiffany. Okay.” Said Mr. Jung as he embraces her, stoking the back of her head.

              Siwon and Wooyoung take Kris out of the small room. Taeyeon immediately closes the door. The three of them stay out in the small living of the suite.

              “Let go of me!” Kris shout as he continues to struggle to break free from the grip. “I want to see Tiffany. I want to talk to her.”

              “Now is not the time. Did you see how she was?” Wooyoung said loudly as he continues to hold onto Kris. “She was terrified. She was scared. She doesn’t want to see you. We can come back another time.”

              Mr. and Mrs. Wu enters the room and sees Kris maniacally struggles free from Wooyoung and Siwon grips. 

              “Stop it Kris!” Mr. Wu shout, angrily.

              “I don’t care. I don’t care what you say. I have to see Tiffany.” Kris insisted.

              “Stop it!” Siwon shouts as he grabs a hold of Kris with his strength. “What are you going to say to her when you see her? Apologize to her? Tell her that you’re wrong?”

              “It’s none of your business.” Kris raises his eyebrows as he stares at Siwon.  

              “It’s not. But I’m not the one who causes her the scar. I’m not the one that causes her the pain.” Said Siwon, reasonably.

              His words hit him like a bullet piercing through him. He stops struggling, inhales and exhales slowly yet calmly as he looks at the door to the other side of the room.

              “If you want to see her, you have to be calm. You have to know what you want to say to her.” Said Siwon. “If not, there’s no way I’m letting you enter that room.”

              “It’s my fault. It’s all my fault.” Said Kris, blaming himself for her lost leg.

              “She does not want to hear that. She’s already in shock and miserable about her left leg. You blame yourself will only cause her miserable. It will only hurt her more.” Said Siwon.

              “Let go of me.” Kris asked.

              Siwon let go of him and take a deep breath as he looks at the torn Kris standing hopelessly looking at the door. 

              “Give her a minute.” Said Siwon, “Think carefully before you enter the room again.”

              Mr. Jung takes the crutches away. Jessica and Taeyeon help Tiffany onto the bed. Mrs. Jung covers her with the blankets. Tiffany rests her back against the bedhead as she grabs onto the blanket.

              “Everything is okay now.” Said Mrs. Jung as she holds Tiffany’s hands.

              “Eomma, please don’t let him come in. I don’t want him to see me like this.” Tiffany begs in tears.

              “I won’t until you’re ready to see him.”

              Knock. Knock.

              Kris knocks on the door. “Tiffany, can I please come in?” He asked, in a calm voice.

              Tiffany looks at Mrs. Jung and shook her head ‘no’.

              “Tiffany, I really want to talk you. Please let me in.” Kris continues to speak as stand calmly behind the doors. “I’m sorry that I scared. I’m sorry that I made you cry. But I can’t want to see you. I miss you. I think about you every day.”

              Tiffany carefully listens to his words. Jessica, who stand beside the bed, could not help but jealously and sadly looks at the floor.

              “These past days, I thought carefully. I thought if anything were to happen to you, I would never forgive myself. I thought if I lost you in the accident, I wouldn’t be able to live….. No matter what happens, you’re still my Tiffany. The Tiffany I care and love….. please.”

              Mrs. Jung and the girls look at Tiffany, waiting for her to say something to him. A moment of silent as Kris waits for Tiffany to give him a chance to speak to her, a chance to see her again. Tiffany hesitates as she looks at the door that separate. Tiffany looks at Taeyeon and nods her head lightly. Taeyeon understood and open the door. As the door open, Kris looks only at Tiffany as he walks up to her. Mrs. Jung and Jessica step away from the bed. Jessica joins Taeyeon at the end of the end. Kris walks up to her and kneels on his right knee as he reaches for her soft hands and holds it tightly. Tiffany flowing down her eyes as she looks at him.

              Kris gulp, “Mianhe Jessica.” He whispered inside his head.

              “Kris oppa….” Tiffany calls out his name softly.

              Kris smiles softly, “Thank you for giving me a chance.” He said.

              “I’m not the same anymore.” She said through the tears.

              “It doesn’t matter. The only thing that matter to me is you safe.” He said in a soft tone. He lifts his right hand up and wipes her tears away softly with his thumb. “Even if a part of you are missing, even if you no longer have hope in this world. I will love you and give you hope. I will bring back those beautiful smiles of yours.”

              “Kris oppa….” His words touch her heart as tears keep flowing down her eyes.

              “Will you marry me?”

              Kris proposal shocks everyone in the room—a mix emotion of happiness and sadness. Jessica couldn’t help but feels hurt as she looks shockingly at Kris. His proposal to Tiffany was like a knife stabbing her heart a hundred time. Siwon worriedly looks at her and sees tears falling down.

              “Tiffany, will you marry me?” Kris repeat the question. “I promise you no matter what happens in the future, I will be there for you. I’ll be your leg and walk with you to the end of this world. Marry me.” He said as he looks sincerely into her eyes.

              Covering as she tears streaming down, Tiffany nods. She accepts his proposal. Kris happily got up and embrace her tightly.

              “Thank you. Thank you, Tiffany.” He said.

              Tiffany let out tears of joy as she buries her face in his arms. Mr. Jung and Mr. Wu happily look at each other, while the wives embrace each other in joy.

              Jessica quietly leaves the room in tears. Siwon follows her out of the room, out of the suite. She walks down the hall, heartbrokenly. Down the end of the hall, she stops and looks out the window, and hide her tears from Siwon as she looks out at the dark sky. But he knows. He stands ten feet away, giving her some space to let everything out. He waits patiently from behind as he looks at her in sorrow.

“The tears…..will she ever cry for me?” Siwon whispered inside his head.

              Jessica wipes her tears away and takes a deep breath. She turns around and surprisingly sees Siwon standing in front of her with both his hand in his pant pockets. He walks up to her calmly and take out a handkerchief and wipe the drops of tears on her cheeks. Jessica watches his gentle gesture as he slides a strand of her hair to the right.

 

To be continued…………………………………….