Chapter 30: The fear in me

Love You Like A Fool

            Nichkhun stands in front of Taeyeon with sweet smiles that melt a heart of a woman. He holds the bouquet up, “This is for you.” He said in a soft tone.

            A bouquet of mix beautiful flowers with sweet loving sense rose around her. The employee nearby could not help but smiles enviously as they look at Taeyeon.

            “I’m sorry to come this late. I will be long. I just want to give you the flowers and sees you before the day end.” Said Nichkhun.

            The female employee squeals hearing Nichkhun romantic words. Taeyeon eyes glide from his soft and sweet smiles to the bouquet. She sees a small note clip to one of the branches.

              Something that brings
              Something I can’t forget.
            “In your smiles, I see something more beautiful than the stars.
my joy every time I think of it.
              If I have a flower for every time, I thought of you.
              I could walk through the garden forever.”

            Nichkhun recites the quotes he wrote on the card to her. Taeyeon is speechless as she looks into the pair of sincere eyes. The words melt her heart… soften heart. She let out of soft and weak smiles as she looks at the flowers.

            A bouquet of mix beautiful flowers—blue and purple. She sees a small note card clip on one of the flower branches deliver by him in person.  

            “Wow, I wish my boyfriend can be like him. Personally bringing me flowers and reciting romantic to me every day. I will die happily.” Said one of the female employees to another.

            “Taeyeon has a sincere and very good-looking pursuing her. I envy her so much. I want a prince charming too.” Said another female employee at a table not too far from the counter.

            “Thank you.” Said Taeyeon almost in a whispered. She accepts the bouquet and holds it up so she can smell the soft and sweet sense of the flowers.

Nichkhun waits patiently for her to respond but seeing her smiles as she looks at the flowers; he can wait longer.

            The manager walks out of the kitchen and sees Taeyeon standing with a bouquet in her hand. One of the employees quickly hurries over to him and cover his mouth from saying a word. The employee gives the manager a quiet signal and then point at Nichkhun.

            “Don’t interrupt them.” The female employee whispered to the manager.

            The manager nods. He looks at the rest of the employees and signals them to finish cleaning the store quietly. Then he points to the kitchen. Everyone sees and nod.  The manager walks back into the kitchen.

            Taeyeon looks up and meets his eyes. He was just smiling as he looks at her. “The flowers are beautiful.” She said.

            “I’m very glad you like it. You’re probably bored getting the same bouquet. I want to make thing a little different this time.” Said Nichkhun. Taeyeon shyly looks at the flowers again. He sees her hairs sliding down to her cheek. He gently slides her hair up to her ear. His gesture shocks her. It makes her heart freeze for a moment. “Can I take you home?” He asked.

            Taeyeon hesitate.

            “I mean if you drive today, can I at least take you to your car?” He asked again.

            Taeyeon didn’t take her car today. She only takes her car when she has classes.

            A female employee walks up to her, “She didn’t take her car today.” She said. Another female employee walks up to Taeyeon.

            Nichkhun recognized the two girls.

            “We wouldn’t want a beautiful girl to take the bus and then walk home alone.” Said the second female employee.

            Taeyeon looks at the girls. “Don’t listen to them.” She said.

            The girls’ smiles as they walk away.

            “I would be happy to take her home…” Said Nichkhun, looking at Taeyeon, “only if she allows me.”

            “It’s okay. I’m used to taking the bus. You must be tired from work.” Said Taeyeon, nervously.

            “I’m not tired at all.” Said Nichkhun. “May I?”

            Taeyeon hesitates again. She gives in this time and nod. “Thank you.” She said almost in a whispered.

            The staff walks into the kitchen down to the locker room.

            “I’m going to grab my things. Please wait for a little bit.” She said.

            Nichkhun nods. He watches Taeyeon walks into the kitchen. “Yes!” He said excitedly.

            Taeyeon put on her jacket before she grabs her purse and wears it on her shoulder. She grabs a large bag before closing the locker.

            “Goodnight Taeyeon.” Said the two female employees before leaving the kitchen and out of the store.

            “Goodnight.” She said

            “He’s a keeper. Don’t let go of him.” Said The manager.

            Taeyeon did not know what to say in return. She could only smile as she walks out of the kitchen and up to Nichkhun.

            “I forgot to return your jacket last night.” Said Taeyeon as she held the bags toward him. “Thank you.”  

            Nichkhun takes the bag and quickly looks peak inside the bag. A fresh and pleasant sense arose to his nose. “You didn’t have to clean it.”

            “I didn’t want you to think bad of me for borrowing your jacket without cleaning it before I return it to you.”

            “How could I possibly think bad of you when you are perfect in my eyes?”

            Taeyeon blush.

            Seeing the employees leave the store. Nichkhun reaches for her free hand with his left. Taeyeon looks at him in slight shock as she follows him out of the store to his luxury sports car. He opens the door for her first to the seat on the passenger seat then walks around the front to the driver side. Once he is seated and seat belt fastens, Nichkhun press on the ‘Start’ button. The care engine start-up powerfully. He grabs the shift the sticks to ‘D’ and steps on the gas pedal mildly. The car enters the main road. The drive was quiet. Both glance at each other from time to time. He let the music speak for a moment until he could think of something to say to her. A light bulb lights up, he remembers good news from Taecyeon.

“Taecyeon and Donghae visited me today. Taecyeon brought good news. Do you want to hear it?” Nichkhun said. He steals a glance at her as he presses on the brake. Taeyeon nod. “Yoona is pregnant.”

            Taeyeon happy and in shock as she looks at him. “Are you sure?”

            Nichkhun nods. “Yes.” He said.

            Taeyeon smiles happily. “I can’t believe. The first one in the group to have a baby. I’m so happy for her.” She said. “But why didn’t she tell me or the girls last night?”

            “Maybe she wanted to wait for the wedding to be over to tell you and the girls.” Said Nichkhun.

            “I should give her a call.” Said Taeyeon but she looks at the clock. “It’s late. I’ll call her tomorrow.”

            Taeyeon is joyful. The atmospheres becomes quiet again, but her smiles make him happy. He makes a turn and drives up the hill to a condo-apartment up the street. He turns off the engine and exits the car, walking around the front to the passenger side; he opens the door for her. Taeyeon steps out of the car. Nichkhun closes the door.

            “Thank you for driving me home.” Said Taeyeon, softly. “Have a good night.” She walks to the door. Nichkhun reaches for her right hand and stops her.

            “Wait.” He said in a gentle voice. He walks to the front and looks at her without letting go of her hand. “Can you stay with me for a moment?” He asked.

            Taeyeon shyly and nervously tries to look at him. “It’s—It’s getting late. You should go home and rest.” She stuttered in nervous.

            Nichkhun gives a soft smile. “I just want to be with you a little longer.” He said, boldly. Taeyeon shyly looks at the ground. “Can I hug you?”

            His question shocks her. Taeyeon couldn’t utter a word out of . He steps closer to her with his arms open. He embraces her. Taeyeon feels her heart beating nervously fast as her head rest against his chest. She hears his heart beating fast yet calm. The rhythm of his heart beats sooth her. She slowly glides her arms around his waist and rests at his back.

            “Is there something wrong?” Taeyeon asked in a soft tone. “Something happens today?”

            Nichkhun shakes his head ‘no’ lightly. “I just wanted to hold you in arms. I just need energy, a motivation to stop my mind from wandering.” He said.

            Taeyeon stays quiet and still in his arms. Somehow, a part of her sense something different. Something that’s distracting him.

            “Taeyeon…. will you open up to me?” Nichkhun asked.

Taeyeon does not know how to respond to him.

            “If I make you feel insecure in any way, tell me. I will change. I would do anything for you to smiles every day.” Said Nichkhun with hope. “I sincerely am in love with you. I promise you I will make you the happiest woman in the world. I promise you I will always be by your side. I won’t disappoint you. Please give me a chance to prove myself to you.”

            Taeyeon bites her bottom lips as she quietly thinks to herself. She hesitates. She does not what to say or how to respond. She’s lost in her world with his words repeating over and over inside her head.

            “Taeyeon…” He called her softly.

            Taeyeon grabs his jacket and pull herself away. She didn’t look into his eyes and let go of his jacket. Nichkhun looks at her…waiting for an answer but only too see her walk away. Nichkhun went after her, grab her hand, and pull her to his. Their lips nearly touch. Taeyeon gasp in shock as she meets his eyes. She presses her hands against his chest and pushes him away. He did not budge. He holds her hands tightly at his chest.

            “What are you afraid?” Nichkhun asked. “Afraid of me? Afraid of falling in love with me? Afraid of getting hurt?”

            “No.” Taeyeon finally speak.

            “Then what are you afraid?” Nichkhun repeat. Taeyeon remains quiet. He moves her right hand closer to where his heart is. “I’ve once told you that I’ve never fallen this hard for a woman. I once told you how serious I am about you. No matter how hard you push me away, I won’t give up on you.”

            “Why do you put so much effort on me when you know you won’t get anything in return? You and I can’t happen. I’m grateful for the flower and your attention for me but…” Taeyeon asked, with her voice a little shaken. Tears circling around her eyes as she tries to face him. “I—…. I don’t love you. I don’t see you more than just a close friend of my cousin’s husband. You are not the man I want to be with and I will never fall for you…so please stop…. stop.” She forced herself to say that hurtful word.

            Nichkhun was a stunt by her words. Unresponsive and emotional loss. She closes her eyes for a moment, trapping the tears inside from escaping. She walks away from him as fast as she could into the complex. Pressing the up button. The elevator doors slide open. She enters and presses her floor. The doors closed. She let the tears flow down her cheek as she rests her back against the wall.

            “I’m sorry…” Taeyeon whispered between the tears.

            The hurt Nichkhun blankly blinks a couple time then turn his head and looks at the complex. She was already gone. The lobby was empty. He wanted to chase after her and ask, but no energy in his body to pull himself to do so. She has made it clear to him tonight.

* * * * *

[Ten miles away from Incheon Shipyard….]

 

       A group of men dresses in dark clothes as they stand at a small dock on Cheongra-dong dock just about ten miles away from Incheon Dock. Doojoon waits in the car. A small boat approaches the dock. A man walks out from the small room of the boat and throws the rope to a man standing at the dock. He catches it and ties the rope around the bar. The man turns off the engine of the boat. One of the men run to the car and knock lightly on the window. Doojoon press on the window button; the window scrolls down.

            “Boss, Mr. Choi Seunghyun is here.” Said the man.

            Doojoon nod. The man opens the door and Doojoon steps out of the car. Doojoon walks to the small dock with four men following behind.

            “I’m sorry it took this long. I hope the trip to here was pleasant and clandestine. No trouble on the way here.”

Seunghyun turn and flash an evil smile. “It has been a while since I feel this great.” He said.

            “Good.” Said Doojoon.

            “I was supposed to take the ship to Incheon Dock, why did the plan change? Does anyone else know about my arrival?” Said Seunghyun.

            “The polices was watching us. Since the news about breaking out of jail leak. They have double the people and have been on the look out especially at Incheon Dock. I apologize for the last-minute change.” Said Doojoon, calmly.

            “I don’t blame you. I would be cautious too. The trip was long but smooth. I am sure Nichkhun know about my arrival.” Seunghyun turn and looks at the waves. “I am well aware that he’s waiting for me.”

            “He has double the people to guards his mother's house and business.” Said Doojoon.

            “Has he comeback to Seoul?”

            “Yes.”

            “And Siwon.”

            “Has left the country. He and his wife are currently in France. The trip was private. I was unable to locate his destination.”

            “No rush.” Said Seunghyun in a deep tone. He turns and looks at Doojoon. “It's my turn to have a little fun. I will focus on Nichkhun. You just keep an eye on Siwon. Once I am done with Nichkhun, he will be next. I want both dead.”  

            Doojoon nod lightly.

            “Let’s begin with our plan.” Said Seunghyun.

            “Araso.”

* * * * *

[Aix-en-Provence, France……]

            One night has passed. Jessica awake in a big and cozy bed. She looks around the room. It wasn’t the master room.

            “How did I get here?” Jessica whispered to herself. “Siwon.” She called his name as she looks at the door.

            Jessica gets out of bed to the door. She grabs the doorknob and pulls it. She leaves the master bedroom suite and walks around the house not knowing that she’s in a silk light color pajama.

            “Siwon.” She continues to call for him. From one room to the next. She takes the stair to the third floor down to the first floor. “Siwon, where are you?” She continues to call as she searches the large mansion.  Down the right hall to another hall, she hears his voice. Excitedly, she rushes down the hall and barge into the room. “Siwon!” She happily calls his name.

            Siwon and his staff all turn their head to the door. Jessica stop. Siwon looks at her in shock, unable to say a word. Jessica notices the strange attention and smiles. She looks at herself and finally notices her silk and semi-revealing pajamas. She covers her face and runs out of the room in embarrassment.

            “Who is she?” One of the staff asked in French.

             Siwon looks at his staffs and nervously smiles. “Elle est ma femme, Jessica. Jem’excuse pour cet accueil inattendu. S’il vous plait excusez-moi. Nous continuerons a la prochaine reunion.” Siwon said before he excused himself from the meeting.

            Siwon hurriedly walks out of the room, run down the hall and make a right to another hall. He sees Jessica trying to find her way back to the master bedroom, but she’s still unfamiliar with the mansion. He sighs lightly, “Jessica.” He called her with smiles.

            She stops but did not turn around; still hiding her face behind her palm. Siwon walks up to her, turn her body around, and smiles lightheartedly.

            “I'm so embarrassed.” Jessica pout.

            “I know. So am I.” Said Siwon. “I was going to introduce you to them later today, but your appearance saves us a trip.”

            Jessica shot an angry look.

            “Okay. Okay.” Siwon said as he pulls into a hug.    

            “Why do you have such a big house?” Jessica asked as she rests head on his chest.

            “You will get familiar with this place soon.” Said Siwon before he carries her in a bridal style. “Let’s go back tour room so you can change.”

            Jessica nod lazily against his chest. Siwon continues to smile as he carries her to the stair and up to the third floor of the mansion.

 

To be continued……………………………….

 

Qui est-elle = “Who is she?”

Elle est ma femme, Jessica. Jem’excuse pour cet accueil inattendu. S’il vous plait excusez-moi. Nous continuerons a la prochaine reunion. = “She’s my wife, Jessica. I apologize this unexpected welcome. Please excuse me. We will continue at the next meeting.”