Chapter Fourteen: The Decision

Love You Like A Fool

              “Siwon….” Jessica whispered in shock as she looks at him.

              “These pass days, I thought carefully. Seeing you in tears hurt me a lot. I don’t want you hurt. I don’t want you to cry anymore. I want these tears turn into smiles. If you come with me…. If you marry me. I promise you there will no sad tears. I cherish you.” Said Siwon, softly. “Trust me.”

              “You’re my appa’s friend. We….”

              “Don’t think about the relationship between your father and I. We’re not biological. I’m not your uncle or relative. Just think of me as your friend.”

              “But we…..” Jessica stuttered in confusion.

              “The first time I met, I fallen in love with you, but at the time, I was force to marry another woman for something I did not do. The second time I met you again here at Seoul, I was certain that you are the one I want to be with for the rest of my life. If fate has given me another chance, I will risk it and do what I can to you win your heart.” He confessed the feeling he has been hiding inside his heart the day he met her again. “You don’t have to answer me now. I will comeback for the answer tomorrow.” He said, calmly. “Just take a night to think about it, okay?”

              Jessica nods lightly. Siwon embraces her gently. “I want to show you the beauty of France. The story behind every cities and castle. I want to show you the fields of lavender, sunflowers, and other flowers. I want to show you the place of happiness. A place that fills with love and smiles.” He whispered softly. “If you agree, I will take you there as soon as possible.” Jessica nods against his chest, shedding a couples tears on his top. “If I can this lifetime with you, I promise with every breath I have, I will bring you happiness. I promise.”

              Resting her head on his firm chest and body in his strong arms, she feels the warmness and happiness she has missed these pass days. It gives her the security she need to help her stand and face the world. The feeling that she eager to have back, if possible.  As she rests herself against his body, she thinks carefully to herself. The offer he proposed to her. The promise he made to her. The man that’s close to her father. She questions herself, if she can trust her future with him. She questions her, if he can truly bring her the happiness she always wants. She continues to question herself as she stays in his arms.

 

* * * * *

                The next day, Krystal enter a café store with her kids. A waitress them to a table by the window and place the menus on the table. The waitress signal Taeyeon, who stand behind the pastries section, the table belong to her. Taeyeon replies with a smile and a nod. Taeyeon put four glasses of waters on the tray and walks over to the table. She places the glasses on the table, in front of Krystal and the children.

                 “Annyounghaeseyo.” Taeyeon greeted them with sweet smile.

                 Krystal’s daughter, Hana, wave happily at Taeyeon. “Annyounghaeseyo.” Said the little girl.

                 Krystal smiles as she watches her daughter happily greet Taeyeon.

                 “Hi there.” Taeyeon wave at the Hana. “How are you?”

                 Hana put a thumb up, “I’m good. Thank you. How are you?” Hana answered politely.

                 “I’m good. Thank you for asking.” Taeyeon replied. “You’re so pretty. What’s your name?” She asked.

                 “My name is Lee Hana. What is your name?

                 “My name is Taeyeon.”

                 “Hi, Taeyeon.” Hana waves happily again.

                 Hana cuteness makes Taeyeon smiles brightly as she looks at the beautiful little girl sitting on Krystal lap.

                 “You have lovely kids.” Said Taeyeon.

                 “Thank you.” Said Krystal, happily.

                 “Would you like me to start something for you?” Taeyeon asked Krystal.

                “Mommy, can I have something chocolaty?” Yun-Duo asked as the little boy looks at the menu.

                “I also want something chocolate too.” Said Hai-Yang.

                Hana looks at Krystal with cutes eyes, “I want milk, mommy.” Said Hana.

                “Yes, you all can.” Said Krystal, sweetly. She looks at Taeyeon again, “I would like to order two chocolate milkshakes, a milk, and ice americano.”

                Taeyeon writing down the order, “I will have it out soon.” She said before she lightly bowed and walks away.  

               “Mommy, can I have a pastry?” Hai-Yang asked.

              “Is there sprinkle doughnut?” Hana asked as she look at Krystal.

              “No more sugar for today.” Said Krystal. She pinch Hana’s right chubby cheek lightly.

              “Okay.” Said Hana, looking at the menu again and doodles her little right index finger all over the menu.

              Krystal looks at Hai-Yang, “Would you like a berry croissant?”

              “Yes, please.” Said Hai-Yang, nodding his head happily.

              Krystal looks at Yun-Duo, “How about you? A bagel? Or same thing as your brother?” She asked.

              “I’ll have the same thing.” Said Yun-Duo.

              Taeyeon came back with milk first and place it in front of Hana.

              “I can order a few pastries with you as well?” Krystal asked.

              “Sure, what would you like to have?” Taeyeon asked as she takes out her little notepad.

              “I would like to order two berry croissants and a banana walnut bread.” Said Krystal.

              “I will have that out soon.” Said Taeyeon with a soft smile before she walks away from the table.

              Ad they wait for the rest, Krystal happily play with Hana, while Yun-Duo and Hai-Yang play rock-paper-scissor. Taeyeon walks back to the table with a tray in her hand. Her coworker walk behind her with a tray in her hand as well.

              “Two chocolate milkshakes.” Said Taeyeon, placing the milkshake, mini plates, and silverware on the table in front of the boys. She turns and reaches for two plates of croissants and place it on the table, “Two croissants and a banana walnut bread.” She said as she places the late plate on the table.  

              “Thank you.” She said to her coworker, who respond with a smile before walking away.

              Taeyeon looks at Krystal and her kids again, “Is there anything else I can get for you and the kids?” she asked.

              “No. this is all. Thank you.” Said Krystal with soft smile, “I feel like I’ve seen you somewhere.”

              “Thank you.” Said Taeyeon. She recalled seeing Krystal at the party. “Where you at Mr. and Mrs. Jung anniversary?”

              “Yes, I was there.” Said Krystal in slight surprise. “You were there as well.”

              Taeyeon nod with smiles. She looks at the little girl again, “You have a very pretty daughter. May I ask how old are your kids?”

              “The oldest one is 8. The second one is 6. The youngest one…” She looks at her daughter, “is 4 years old and is a handful.” She said.

              “You have such lovely kids.” Taeyeon compliment as she looks at the kids playing.  “Your little daughter is so cute and friendly.”

              “Yobo.” Donghae called as she enters the café shop.

              Krystal turns around and smiles seeing him walking up to her happily.

              Hana turn and sees her dad walking up to Krystal, “Appa!” Hana shout happily as she runs up to Donghae.

              “Appa!” The two boys little run up to Donghae.

              “Annyoung kids!” Said Donghae giving them all a hug before he walks over to Krystal and give her a kiss on the cheek. “Annyoung yobo. Sorry, I’m late. Hopefully I didn’t make you wait long.”

              “Don’t worry. I just got here not too long ago.” Said Krystal in a sweet voice.

              “Did you order already?” Donghae asked.

              “I did.” Said Krystal with smiles.

              “Did you and the kids eat yet?”

              Krystal nods her head lightly. “A little. But they want to eat again, so I order them some light snack.”

              Donghae gives Krystal a kiss on the forehead.  

              “Appa, I want a kiss too.” Hana pouted.

               Donghae and Krystal as they look at their daughter. Donghae give Hana a kiss on the cheek. She smiles brightly.

              The surprise Taeyeon stand and watches Nichkhun the enter the café shop. She can feel her heart beating nervously fast as she recalls the words he said to her last night. The happy Nichkhun walks up to her from behind Donghae and stand about five feet away facing her. Looking at the apron—the café shop outfit, he now know where she works.

              The lead waitress walks up to Nichkhun and bow. “Annyoung Mr. Horvejkul.” The lead waitress greeted him.

              Nichkhun looks over, recognize the face, and greet with a bow as well. He looks at the beautiful Taeyeon again with warm smiles.  

              “Hi.” Nichkhun greets in a soft tone. “You work here?”

              Taeyeon feels her heart beating nervously as she looks at him. “Yes.”

              “You’ve just started?”

              “Started five months ago.”

              “No wonder.”

              Krystal notice the sparkles in Nichkhun as he looks at Taeyeon.

“You two know each other?” Donghae asked.

              “Yes.” Nichkhun answered. “She’s Jessica’s cousin.”

              “I think I remember seeing you at the Mr. and Mrs. Jung anniversary.” Said Donghae as he carries Hana in his arms.

              “Yes, I was there with my parent that night.” Said Taeyeon. She looks at the kids again. “You have lovely kids.”

              “Thank you.” Donghae smile. She give Hana a kiss on the cheek. “They’re all my pearls.” He said, proudly.

              Krystal continues to look at Nichkhun and sees the smiles hanging across his face as he looks at her. She turn and face Taeyeon with a friendly smile. “Would you like to join us for a bit?” She asked, politely.

              “I can’t. I have to go back to work.” Said Taeyeon.

              “I think your boss won’t mind.” Said Krystal in a sweet smile.

              “Um…I—” Taeyeon stuttered nervously as she looks back and forth between Krystal and the co-workers.

              Nichkhun looks at the lead waitress, “I would to borrow her a little bit.” He said.

              “Of course.” Said The lead waitress before he walks away with a smile.

              Nichkhun happily pull a chair out for her. Taeyeon hesitate as she stand beside the seat.

               Hana grab Taeyeon other free hand. “Join us.” She said in a cute way.

               Unable to decline, Nichkhun let go of her hand and she take a sit on the chair. Nichkhun sit beside her.

               Hai-Yang walks over to and give him a hug. “I miss you appa Nichkhun.” Said the 8 years old boy.

              “I miss you too.” Said Nichkhun as he embraces the boy tightly for a short moment before letting him go.

              Hearing Hai-Yang called Nichkhun, ‘appa’, shock her a bit.

              “Nichkhun is Hai-Yang godfather.” Krystal clarified.

              Nichkhun carries the Hai-Yang onto his lap.

              “You’re very pretty.” Krystal compliment as she look at Taeyeon. “You have beautiful milky skin tone.”

              Taeyeon shyly blush a little, “Thank you.” She said almost in a whispered. “You look very young to be a mother of three. Are Krystal Jung, the famous model?”

              “Yes, I was until I got married early. Now, I’m Krystal Lee.” Krystal answered. “I give birth to Hai-Yang when I was 18.”

              Taeyeon eyes widen a bit. “Wow.”

              “I’ve been a mother since then.” Said Krystal.

              “It must be hard for you.” Said Taeyeon with envy.

              “Don’t worry, she has me.” Said Donghae.

              Krystal flashed a fake glare at him before she give Hana her milk. “Man will always say that. They never know the pain that woman goes through.”

              “That’s why I love you the most. I’m very lucky and happy to have you.” Said Donghae as he take a sit next to her.

              “You two are so lovey-dovey, huh? Do you not see my existent?” Said Nichkhun.

              “Find yourself a woman than.” Said Donghae, immediately.

              Nichkhun sneak a glance at Taeyeon. Krystal caught it and look at Taeyeon again. “Taeyeon, do you have a boyfriend?” She asked, directly.

              Krystal question caught her off guard. Taeyeon shook her head lightly, “I don’t.” She said. Nichkhun was delighted by her answer. “But I don’t want one either.”

              Krystal couldn’t help but chuckle lightly upon seeing Nichkhun face sour.

              “I just want to focus in my class right now.” Said Taeyeon. Nichkhun knew her words was meant for him to give up. He knew very well what she wanted to tell through her words, but it didn’t change his mind.

              “I see.” Said Krystal, agreeing with Taeyeon decision.

              Taeyeon stand up from her seat, “Excuse me, I have to go back to work.” She said before she bow to Krystal and Donghae, and leaves.

              Krystal looks back at the Nichkhun, “You have to try a lot harder. She’s not an easy girl to get.” She said.

              “I know.” He said in half-heartbroken tone as he glances at Taeyeon then back at the table.

* * * * *

              That evening, Jessica went to the hospital by herself. Mr. and Mrs. Jung left to go change. Kris went to grab something to eat with his parent and Wooyoung.  Jessica enter the small room with a plate of cut fruits and place it on the table beside the bed. “Unnie, do you want me to get anything else for you?” She asked.

              Tiffany reach for Jessica hands and pull her to the bed. Jessica sit on the bed. “No, just sit here and keep me company.” Said Tiffany with smiles.

              “Did the doctor visit you yet?” She asked.

              Tiffany nods lightly. “The doctor was here this morning and said my condition have gotten a little better. I might be discharge soon.” She said.

              “That’s great.” Jessica said, excitedly. “It seem like you are getting you happiness back.” The happiness slowly vanished.

              “Yes… Yes I am.” Said Tiffany, happily. “Though I lost a leg, but I was able to heart Kris’s heart. I would never expect him to propose after seeing me like, but I guess I was wrong.”

              “I didn’t expect it either.” Said Jessica as her eyes drift away from Tiffany.

              “Eomma have been discussing with imo Wu on the wedding date. I told them not to hurry things up, but Kris said to get married within this month. He say I want to take care of me. He’s afraid that I might hurt myself again.” Said Tiffany with joy.

Jessica bites the bottom of her lips as she guiltily looks at the white blanket. “They are going to discuss the date again later.”

              Jessica lift her head up and force herself to smile as she looks at Tiffany. “I’m happy for you.” She said.

              Taeyeon enters the suite with two cups of ice Americano drinks on the carrier and sees Tiffany and Jessica talking in the bedroom. She walks over to them and place the drink on the table before she put her little purse on the chair beside the bed.

              “How are you feeling?” Taeyeon asked.

              “A lot better.” Tiffany answered. “Doctor say I can go home soon.”

              “That’s great. I guess there’s no other medicine like Kris medicine that can cure you.” Said Taeyeon teasingly. “Only he can mend your heart.”

              “Be quiet.” Tiffany blushed. “Did you just get off work?”

              “Yes. I’m just stopping by for bit and bring drinks for you ladies.” Said Taeyeon happily as she gives each one a cold drink.

              Tiffany takes a sip and smiles brightly, “I miss going to your coffee shop. You are the only one that knows what I want in my coffee.” She said as she grabs Taeyeon’s right hand gratefully. “Kamsagamnida.”

              “You’re welcome.” Said Taeyeon, giving Tiffany a gentle pinch on the cheek. “What are you two talking about?” she asked.

              “Just about the wedding.” Said Tiffany.

              “Oh yeah. That was very touching.”

              Tiffany happily smiles, “Yes. I agree.” She said.

              “Where is everybody?” Taeyeon asked.

              “They went out for a bit. Kris should be back soon.” Said Tiffany looking at the clock.

              “I should get going. I have to go pick up a few things.” Said Jessica getting off the bed.

              “I’ll go with you since I have to go home to see my parent before they go on their short vacation.” Said Taeyeon. She waves goodbye to Tiffany. “I’ll come you again.”

              Tiffany nods, “Bye.” She said as she waves goodbye to them.

              Jessica wave goodbye a couple time before leaving the suite with Taeyeon. Walking down the hall to the elevator and take it to the main level, Jessica bites the bottom of her lips, hesitating to tell Taeyeon about Siwon’s proposal.

              “We should do a ‘Welcome Home Party’ for Tiffany. I will texts the girls and her dance team, so that they can be prepared.” Said Taeyeon. She looks at Jessica after no response from her. “Jessica?”

              “Taeyeon, I need to tell you something.” Said Jessica.

              “What is it?” Said Taeyeon as she and her walks out of the hospital.

              “It’s about Siwon.” Said Jessica. She hesitate for a moment before she start talking again. “He proposed to me last night.”

              “Mwo!” Taeyeon shockingly looks at her.

              “He asked me to come with him to France. He promises me that there will happiness over there.” She said.

              Taeyeon dumbfoundedly looks at her. “What do you mean by that? There’s happiness here as well.” She said.

              They stop at the garden by the parking lot. Jessica turn and face her. “You have to promise me that if I tell this, you will not tell anyone.” She said with her right pinky up.

              Taeyeon cross Jessica pink with hers. “I promise”

              “The reason why Tiffany is like this is because of me.” She confessed.

              Taeyeon was a little confused as she looks at her, “What are you talking about?”

              “I’m the one that cause Tiffany to lose her leg. Kris and I was dating behind her back.”

              “How?” Taeyeon was still in shock as she looks at Jessica. “Kris and Tiffany…”

              “I know, but I could stop my feeling. I’ve like him since we were kids and I didn’t know if he felt the same way. He confessed to me a couple weeks before the accident and our relationship started since then. The day they got into accident was the day that Kris wanted to break up with Tiffany. I try to stop him.”

              “Tiffany does not know about this?”

              Jessica shook her head no. “She does not.”

              “Does Siwon know anything about this?”   

              “Yes. He everything from the beginning.” Said Jessica, “That’s why has been by my side through the hard time. I thought about committing suicide, he was there and stop me. Last night, he propose to me.”

              “Do you love him?” Taeyeon asked.

              “I don’t know.”

              “If you don’t than you’re just throwing your future away. But if you do than I believe he can mend you heart.” Said Taeyeon with honesty. “Did you give him an answer?”

              Jessica shook her head, “No. He’s waiting for my answer today.”

              “This is important Jessica. This is your future that we’re talking about. Samchon and Imo will refuse if they know about this.”

              “I know, Taeyeon. But I don’t what else to do. Here is like hell… a nightmare to me. If I leave this place, I might be able to smile again.”

              “Then go with what your heart say. If you truly believe that he’s the one that can bring you happiness, then go with him…. These pass weeks, I seen a lot of things between you and him. How he cares about you. How he take care of you when no other was around… how he patiently comfort you…. I see how important you are to him.”

              “Taeyeon-ah…..” Tears begins gliding down her cheeks.

              “Do you trust him?” Taeyeon asked.

              Jessica nods lightly, “I do.”

              “Then go with your heart.”

              Jessica embrace Taeyeon tightly as tears running down her cheeks, “Taeyeon-ah….I’m tired. I’m worn out. I don’t know how much I hold in.”

              Taeyeon gently pats her back. “I know. I know.”

              The hug break. Taeyeon wipes her tears away gently with her thumb.

 

To be continued…………………………..