Let's Be Selfish For Once

Our Love That Shouldn't Happened

Yunho walked into the shop, cursing under his breath for being late.

“Mr Jung Yunho?”

“Ah yes.” Yunho breathed out a reply when he sees a petite woman walking towards him.

“Please come in. Your spouse’s family are inside, trying out their own tuxedos. You must have been in a hurry. Let me introduce myself. I’m your wedding planner, Lee Soyeon.”

“Thanks for helping us with the wedding.” Yunho said, shaking her hand.

“No problem at all. Come on in.” The woman said, heading further inside the shop. Yunho followed silently, looking at the bridal dresses that were displayed as he walked in. In his mind, an image of Jaejoong wearing a bridal dress appeared thus causing Yunho to chuckle slightly.

“Is there something wrong?" Soyeon asked, looking back at Yunho. The man just shake his head, grinning slightly. They got inside a spacious room where curtains covered almost all areas of the room.

“This room is for the dressing rooms. Just slide one of the curtains and go into the room to change. Here's your tuxedo that Jaejoong has already chosen for you.”

“Excuse me?” Yunho asked, trying to confirm who was the one she was talking about because he swore he heard Jaejoong's name.

“Yes?” Soyeon asked, looking a little confused as she passed the black tuxedo to Yunho.

“Who did you say chose the tuxedo for me again?” Yunho continued asking.

“Oh, its Jaejoong and by that, I meant Kim Jaejoong which is your brother-in-law. He is in charge of the wedding preparations.” Soyeon told Yunho.

“Come on, go change. We don't have much time.” The woman continued when she sees Yunho just standing there looking dumbfounded.

She turns her back on Yunho and the man takes it as his cue to go into one of the dressing rooms. Entering the nearest one to him, he got in and he sees another huge space with a platform right at the centre of the room.

Deciding to just strip down there, Yunho took off his clothes quickly and leaving himself in his boxers. He grabs the tuxedo, admiring the design that Jaejoong had chosen for him.

“Junsu, you think this looks good on m-Oh my god! Yunho!” Yunho turns around at the call of his name only to be similarly shocked when he sees Jaejoong staring back at him. The only difference was that Jaejoong was  in a white suit while Yunho was just in his black boxers. Jaejoong instantly turned around, covering his eyes.

“What are you doing inside here? I thought you were Junsu.” Jaejoong said, his eyes still covered with his hands.

Yunho, on the other hand, was almost at the state of panic for revealing himself in front of Jaejoong like that so he was just standing there looking like a fool. Jaejoong turned around, thinking that it was safe to look, only to cover his eyes again. This time, he didn't turn his back on Yunho.

“Yunho, get something to cover yourself. Why are you still standing there like a fool?” Yunho snapped out from his daze before putting on the trousers and the white shirt that was provided. Once he was covered up, Yunho walked towards Jaejoong before standing in front of the shorter man.

“It's all good now, Jae. I'm fully clothed.” Yunho said, with a chuckle at the end of it.

“Not funny, Yunho.” Jaejoong said, glaring at the man before glancing once at Yunho's trousers and groaning.

"What? What's wrong?" Yunho asked, a little confused. He was sure he covered himself up.

"Your fly is open. That's what's wrong." Jaejoong said, pointing to the front of Yunho's pants. Giggling a little, Yunho zip up as he jumped slightly.

"That's funny to you?" Jaejoong asked.

"A little. Now let me see my bride." Yunho said, turning Jaejoong around once before whistling at the man.

"I said it's not funny, Yunho. What are you doing here? You are not supposed to be here." Jaejoong told Yunho, informing the man about there being a separate dressing room for the bride and the groom and that they were lucky Heechul wasn't in the same room as Jaejoong.

"My dad will immediately cancel the wedding if he sees that his future son-in-law loves to strut around half ." Jaejoong said, laughing a little.

"Hey, I wasn't walking around . I was trying to change. Plus, Soyeon never told me there was a specific room for the bride and groom." Yunho said, trying to defend himself.

"There are actual dressing rooms for you to change. Not out here. Where do you think I came from?" Jaejoong said, pointing to the smaller rooms the were also covered with curtains.

"This is where you show your tuxedo to the family. Behind us are the actual dressing rooms." Jaejoong continued, explaining sternly which caused Yunho to pout slightly.

"You're not the same Jaejoong anymore. At least not the one I met yesterday night. Now, it seems just like a parent scolding his disobedient kid." Yunho said which caused Jaejoong to grab his face so that he will look at Yunho.

"I'm sorry." Jaejoong apologised, his face and tone softening.

"No worries. I like angry Jaejoong too. It's y." Yunho said with a teasing smile.

"Not funny, I tell you." Jaejoong said, frowning this time as he punched the man slightly in the chest.

"I miss you." Yunho informed, his hands already around Jaejoong's waist as their foreheads lean against each other.

"We just met each other yesterday for the first time and here we are, in a relationship that misses each other." Jaejoong said, finding it amusing how things were going between them.

"Jae, we should tell our parents about us." Jaejoong pulled away that instant.

"Yunho, do you know what you're talking about?"

"I know." Yunho insisted.

"When I officially asked you out, I know things will be ugly when they finally find out about us. That's why I want us to tell them now, when our relationship is still fresh and nothing is being set yet."

"For what? So that when they know about us, we will hurt the feelings of both families? Yunho, the wedding will be cancelled. Our reputation is going to get destroyed. Junsu will be left alone without a partner. Heechul hyung. Your parents. We will hurt everyone's feelings. Can you see that?" Jaejoong asked, trying to reason with Yunho.

"So what? What is the difference between us telling them now and us keeping a secret until somebody finds out about it? The wedding is still going to be cancelled. Our reputation is still going to be destroyed. Junsu will still don't have me as a partner. We both will still hurt the feelings of our families. There's no difference, Jae." Yunho said.

"At least by then, there is something set." Jaejoong answered and that hit Yunho to realisation.

"Wait, you mean you want to wait until I got married to Junsu? Have you lost your mind?"

"I...Look, I don't know what to do in this situation. I...I just don't want to hurt their feelings. This isn't just about us two, Yunho. Whatever we do, it affects other people around us." Jaejoong said, his voice soothingly soft as if he had just given up.

“Jae, look at me. Come on babe, look at me.” Yunho said when Jaejoong kept looking away.

“I don’t want to hurt their feelings. I’m...I’m too much of a burden already.” Jaejoong said, finally looking at Yunho when the taller man nudged him slightly.

“Please. Stop thinking about others and just think about us. Us two. I want you to only think about us two. Until we separate, if we ever do...until then, let’s be selfish and just think about each other. Let’s not mind what other people would say and how they would feel. You like me, don’t you Jaejoong? Look into my eyes and be honest with me. You like me, right? We’re together in this, right?”

“But I’ll be leaving soon, Yunho. Will I be able to leave happily if I know you will be miserable in the future? At least if you had Junsu, when I leave, you’ll have someone to take care of you.” Jaejoong said in his heart, not wanting to let Yunho know what he was thinking.

“Yes.” Jaejoong finally replied Yunho which caused the taller man to crack a smile on his face.

“Good. From now on and until we finally separate, let’s be selfish for once.” Yunho told Jaejoong, hugging the shorter man tightly. Letting go of each other slightly a few moments later, Yunho leaned his forehead against Jaejoong’s.

“Now, you want to help me with my tuxedo? Since you were also the one who chose the tuxedo for me.” Yunho said, slightly proud that it was Jaejoong who chose it.

Walking to the vest, Jaejoong put it on Yunho before straightening the creases on the vest as Yunho buttoned up. Once he was ready, Yunho pulled Jaejoong to the standing mirror at one side of the room. He placed Jaejoong right in front of him before the both of them look into the mirror, smiling at their reflection.

“We look good together.” Yunho said, his arms already wrapping themselves on Jaejoong’s waist as he rests his chin on Jaejoong’s shoulder.

“I can’t disagree to that.” Jaejoong said, his hands resting on Yunho’s.

Jaejoong turned his head slightly to look at Yunho when he realised that Yunho had went silent. Jaejoong followed Yunho’s eyes before realising that the man was staring at his lips.

“Go on.” Jaejoong breathed out, urging the man standing behind him.

Yunho leaned closer, finally letting his lips rest on Jaejoong’s. The kiss was simple with the both of them just wanting to feel each other’s lips on their own. They separated a few seconds later and Jaejoong turned around, facing Yunho. He pulled Yunho in by the neck, kissing the man again.

Jaejoong had his arms around Yunho’s neck, pulling him closer as Yunho tightened his hold around Jaejoong’s waist. Outside, Soyeon looked at the invitation cards in her hands before deciding to meet Yunho. She was sure that the man had already finished changing.

Pushing the curtains aside, she walked in only to gaped at the couple kissing in front of her. The invitation cards in her hand dropped to the floor, causing the couple to stop.

Yunho turned around, gasping before looking like a deer caught in the headlights but he was quick enough to hide Jaejoong behind him. Soyeon knew it was too late for that since she had already seen Jaejoong’s back reflecting on the mirror.

“You two are together?”