One Week Left

Our Love That Shouldn't Happened

“It’s been one week.” Jaejoong complained, leaning back as he looked at his companion.

 

“He’s probably really busy with work. You did say that he’s not in Seoul.” Yamapi said, not bothering to look at his worried friend.

 

“Technically, I saw a newspaper article saying that he’s in Japan. He didn’t tell me personally about it.” Hearing that, Yamapi snickered.

 

“What?” Jaejoong asked, frowning immediately when he sees that playful grin on his friend’s face.

 

“You’re just bummed out because he didn’t contact you.” He pointed out.

 

“No I’m not.”

 

Yes you are.”

 

“I said no.”

 

“Keep on denying it. What exactly that you want to tell him?” Yamapi asked, causing the man to look at him suspiciously.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Don’t try to cover it. I’ve seen you. You’ve been so anxious this past week and I know it’s not a side effect from your medication.”

 

“I’m not being anxious.” Jaejoong denied.

 

“Oh yeah? Not paying attention in meetings, skipping meals and not eating properly, always leaving in the middle of a meeting. That is way different from the normal Jaejoong.”

 

“I’m fine.” Jaejoong tried to reassure the guy but he knew better to know that Yamapi wouldn’t take that as an answer.

 

“You know what, I’m busy. Why don’t you go bother someone else?” Jaejoong said, deciding to shift his attention to the files waiting for him.

 

“Hey, for the record, you were the one who called me over.” Yamapi pointed the fact out before deciding to leave for a party at the other side of the world.

 

As soon as the door closes, Jaejoong sighs again. He checks his phone, hoping for a missed call or at least a message left by Yunho. But of course, there was none.

 

Jaejoong decides to go home, leaving the work to his employees instead. He packs up before walking out of the office. He reaches the elevator, pressing the button for Junsu’s office right below.

 

However, in Junsu’s office, the man was in a game of table soccer with Yoochun. Seeing the ball roll through Yoochun’s side of the goal post, Junsu cheered again for another win.

 

“I win.” Junsu shouted, sticking his tongue out at Yoochun. The other man just sigh, leaving the game to sit down on the couch.

 

“Chunnie, what’s wrong?” Junsu asked, sensing that something was wrong with his boyfriend. Usually when he wins, Yoochun would complain about it and beg for a rematch.

 

“Did something happened?” Yoochun kept silent, deciding that it was best to look away from the man.

 

“I know that look. One of your patients just passed away?”

 

“What? No…” Yoochun mumbled, finally looking at Junsu. He pulled Junsu into a tight hug.

 

“Then what’s going on with you?” Junsu kept asking, drawing imaginary circles on Yoochun’s back. Yoochun pulled back, staring into his eyes deeply.

 

“You love me. Right?” He questioned, causing Junsu to burst into a giggle fit.

 

“Of course I love you, dummy.” Junsu said, still laughing.

 

“Then it won’t be a problem if I tell you that I’m not fine with you marrying Jung Yunho. Right?”

 

“What? But you said previously you were alright with that.”

 

“I know...but I don’t feel good about this. If we continue our relationship after you’re married to him, that’s considered cheating.”

 

“If you’re worried about my image, I’m fine with it.” Junsu said, trying to reassure the man.

 

“Well I’m not. I don’t want people labelling you as someone who is not you. Let’s go and tell Heechul about this. About us.”

 

“You do know that won’t change anything, right?”

 

“At least he knows about it. Then, maybe, he will let us be together.”

 

“You’re putting your hopes too high on that.” Junsu said, walking to his desk instead.

 

“I know him. He will never back away from a promise that he makes. Not in the past, not now and definitely not in the future.” Junsu continued, sitting down on his chair. Yoochun kept silent again before finally looking at Junsu again.

 

“Let’s run away.”

 

“Junsu?” There were three knocks on the door which only signify one person.

 

Jaejoong.

 

Junsu look at Yoochun, obviously still shock about what the man suggested.

 

“We’ll talk about this later.” Junsu told Yoochun.

 

“Come on in, Jae hyung.” Junsu said and the door opens.

 

“Junsu ah, can you he-Oh! You’re here too, Yoochun ah.”

 

“Hi, Jae.” Yoochun said, waving his hand slightly. Jaejoong look at the two men suspiciously.

 

“Is everything alright?” Jaejoong asked.

 

“It’s fine. Junsu called me in to talk about you actually. He wants to know if there are any alternatives for you.” Hearing that, Jaejoong sigh before sitting down with them.

 

“I thought we’ve been over this for a long time already. I am not going to get any transplant.”

 

“Hyung, based on doctor’s predictions, your body is going to collapse in exactly one week’s time, which is right when I’m getting married, mind you. You are supposed to be lying in a hospital bed, seeking medical treatments right now. But instead, you’re being so stubborn that you’re going to work every single day.” Junsu said, the conversation with Yoochun was put aside.

 

“Look at me! I’m strong as a bull. I’m FINE.” Jaejoong stressed on the word, trying to convince his brother that he was not going to drop dead anytime soon.

 

“Don’t put too much stress on yourself, Jae. That will worsen your condition.” Yoochun pointed out.

 

“Hey, just so you know, I’ve survived for a long time with just medication every single day. As long as I take that diligently, I should be alright.”

 

“Well, I don’t want you to be just alright. I want you to be healthy. At least with a longer lifespan.” Junsu mumbled the last sentence but it was loud enough for Jaejoong to hear.

 

“You don’t have the right to determine whether I am healthy or not. Right now, I am healthy. So, whenever I feel that I’m not, I’ll drag my own self to the hospital. Happy?” Ending that, Jaejoong storms out of Junsu’s office.

 

Initially, he wanted Junsu to go home with him but seeing how things have gone, it’s better to go home alone.

 

“Jae, wait up!” Jaejoong looked at Yoochun who was running towards him. He held the elevator’s door open, letting the man get in.

 

“You know, there is this medical procedure that has been tested successful.”

 

“You’re not going to shut your mouth until I’m gone, aren’t you?” Jaejoong asked as the elevator moves down to the ground floor.

 

“As your doctor, I have the responsibility to keep you posted. Junsu is just concerned about you. He wants to be able to see you when he gets...married, you know?”

 

“What is this medical procedure you’re talking about?” Jaejoong asked. Yoochun immediately lightened up, explaining to Jaejoong how there is a new transplant that involves a non-beating heart.

 

“The procedure has only been practised for a year but they have been successful. I know I should have consulted you first but...I kind of pulled some strings to have a heart ready for you. So, whenever you feel like doing the transplant, we can do it as soon as possible compared to waiting for a donor with a beating heart.”

 

“Will I...live?” Jaejoong asked, looking at his doctor.

 

“For a longer time, yes.” Yoochun said, hoping to be able to convince the man to go ahead with the suggestion. The elevator stops at the ground floor and Jaejoong steps out.

 

“I’ll think about it, Yoochun ah.” Jaejoong said, smiling a little.

 

“Don’t think about it for too long.” Yoochun reminded him and Jaejoong left without saying anything.

 

“You only have one week left.” Yoochun mumbled to himself, seeing Jaejoong walk out of the building.

 

Alright, I know. I've been missing for months. Well, I'm working now and the working hours are not in my favor which caused my inability to even write one chapter. This story is still continuing. I don't like to write uncompleted stories anyway but at the rate of how it goes, it's going to take a long time before I finish this one. Till then, enjoy!