Goodbyes

Our Love That Shouldn't Happened

Yoochun sees Jaejoong drop down to the floor with his eyes closed.

 

“Jaejoong ah! Jaejoong ah, wake up.” Yoochun was immediately beside the unconscious man, shaking him slightly.

 

“Jaejoong ah!” “Jae hyung!” Yoochun looked up, seeing Heechul and Junsu already around him.

 

“Back away. Give him some air!” Yoochun instructed, administering CPR immediately.

 

“Take the wedding car to the hospital.” Yunho said, dropping down to carry Jaejoong. Yoochun lets the man carry Jaejoong out of the wedding hall.

 

“Changmin, drive!” Yunho shouted once he was settled in with Jaejoong at the back of the car.

 

“Check for his pulse again, Yunho.” Yoochun said, looking back at Jaejoong who was still not giving any response.

 

“But I...I don’t know how to...how to…”

 

“Damn it, Yunho! Get to one side. I’m going over.” Yoochun shouted, climbing to the back of the car. Right when Yoochun reach Jaejoong, he felt for Jaejoong’s pulse.

 

“Come on, Jae. Don’t give up now.” Yoochun mumbled.

 

The car came to a halt and Yoochun got out, shouting for immediate assistance. A few seconds later, Heechul pulled up right behind before going out of the car with Junsu. Yunho carried Jaejoong out, placing the man on the gurney.

 

“Pulse is weak! We’re losing him.” Yoochun said, telling the doctor who had just joined him as they pushed Jaejoong down the hospital’s corridor.

 

“Initiate CPR immediately and build up his pulse.” Yoochun continued, wanting to follow the doctor in when Junsu stopped him.

 

“He’s not going to die, is he?” Junsu asked, hand desperately holding on to Yoochun.

 

“No. He’ll be fine, Junsu ah. I promise.”

 

“Please. Save him.” Yunho worriedly said and Yoochun just nod, leaving the family outside of the emergency room to attend to Jaejoong.

 

“Doc, we got him back.” Hearing that puts a glimmer of hope in Yoochun that Jaejoong might actually be alright after all. That this was just one of his normal, daily attacks.

 

That maybe, just maybe, Jaejoong just forget to eat his medicine and it was not because the medicine is failing him.

 

“How is he?” Yoochun asked, putting on a white coat over his tuxedo.

 

“Jae? Can you hear me? Jaejoong ah.” Yoochun called, hand shaking Jaejoong slightly. Jaejoong’s eyes opened slightly, looking at Yoochun weakly.

 

“Yoochun ah...I can’t stand it any longer.” Jaejoong said softly, face covered with sweat.

 

“Look Jae, you have to be strong. Get it? You’ll be fine. I’m here for you.” Yoochun said reassuringly.

 

“You need to calm down so I can start the procedure. We need to build your heart rate up to normal.” Jaejoong closes his eyes again, his heart beat stops immediately.

 

“Adrenaline!” Yoochun shouted, grabbing the syringe from the nurse before plunging it into Jaejoong. Once that was done, he applied CPR again. The second time for that day, Yoochun felt relieved when he sees Jaejoong’s pulse coming again. It was weak but it was still there.

 

“Come on Jae. Stay with me. You can do this.” Yoochun whispered, hand holding onto Jaejoong’s weak hand. This time, Jaejoong had his eyes open again slightly.

 

“It’s alright, Yoochun ah.” Jaejoong breathed out the last four words before finally letting go. His eyes closed, a smile on his face as the machine connected to his heart flat lined.

 

“No...Jae!” Yoochun called, applying CPR again and again.

 

“Get me more adrenaline!”

 

“But doc, if you do that, the patient will-”

 

“He’s going to die! Get me that adrenaline! Now!” Yoochun shouted at the nurse.

 

“Yoochun ah, stop already.” One of the senior doctors said, stopping him.

 

“You don’t understand. What am I going to tell his family outside? I can’t say th-”

 

“Let him leave, Yoochun ah. He has suffered too long. Don’t you think?” The older man asked and Yoochun nod reluctantly, finally giving up. Yoochun looked at Jaejoong’s lifeless body before covering him with a white cloth.

 

“If you can’t do it, I can help you give the news to the family.” The doctor offered but Yoochun shake his head.

 

“I’ll do it myself.” Yoochun finally opens the door to the emergency room, stepping outside.

 

He sees Heechul and Junsu hugging each other and crying, Yunho leaning against the wall and the Jung Family sitting in one corner. However, that change immediately when they noticed Yoochun’s entrance.

 

“Yoochun ah, how is he? He’s fine, right? Tell me he’s alright. Please.” Heechul said, gripping onto Yoochun’s coat tightly.

 

“I...I tried but we were too late. I’m sorry. He didn’t survive.” Yoochun bitterly conveyed, arms hugging the two men in front of him.

 

“No. Jae hyung is still alive. It can’t be. Jae hyung was alright the whole time. It’s impossible. He would have told us if he was in pain. He promised that, Yoochun ah. He said he’ll admit himself to the hospital if he feels pain. You remember that, right? It can’t be, Yoochun ah.” Junsu muttered, latching on Yoochun tight.

 

Yunho turned his back on the scene, not wanting to believe that Jaejoong is gone. He can feel his hand shaking and he immediately bring them together, trying to calm himself down. He knock his own self on someone, only realising that it was Changmin that had blocked him from going off.

 

“He’s gone.” Yunho mumbled, tears finally dropping.

 

“He's gone. Just like that.” Changmin hugged the man tight, knowing that his friend needed his moral support now.

 

“Everything will be alright, Yunho.” The funeral was kept simple.

 

As if Jaejoong knew that he was leaving, he had already written a note and placed it on his bed. His instructions were clear. He will be buried on top of a hill, overlooking the city.

 

“I want to watch over all the ones that I love.”

 

That was the last sentence that he wrote.

 

Standing in front of the sole graveyard at the top of the hill, Yunho could only sigh.

 

“It seems like only yesterday had I first seen you. Your touch...it still feels so familiar in my hands. I kept thinking about you, every single second. I know you’re going to be fine there so I’ll do my best here to keep my promise. I will live well...and I will be strong even without you beside me. I’ll be that responsible man you had always wanted in a lover.” Yunho said with determination, promising himself to uphold his words.

 

Far behind, he could hear footsteps approaching him.

 

“In a minute, Changmin.” Yunho said, knowing it was his friend who was supposed to be waiting for him in the car.

 

“You said you need a minute with him alone when the funeral ended. When was that? Oh yes, twenty minutes ago. As much as I would like you to spend time with him, I’m sure Jaejoong also must be very bored with whatever you’re saying.” Yunho chuckled, hearing the man say that. He knew it was Changmin’s way to tell him to let go of Jaejoong. At least for now.

 

“See babe? He’s already making fun of me.” This time, Yunho sigh again.

 

“I’m going to miss you, beautiful. I love you.” He finally said, deciding to end it off there. Yunho finally turns around, seeing Changmin standing not too far.

 

“Come on.” Yunho said, leaving and walking back down.

 

“So what happens now?” Changmin asked, walking beside Yunho. Yunho looked to the bottom of the hill where Junsu was waiting for him. He looks at Changmin, smiling slightly.

 

“Now, we live our life to the fullest.” Yunho says as they finally reach the bottom of the hill.

 

“Come on, Junsu. Let’s go home and pack. We can go for the honeymoon.” Yunho continued, ushering his partner to the car. Junsu looked at him in a strange manner.

 

“Very funny. The only place we’re going is the company because we have to quickly bring your profits back up and then I can leave the Kim Company to you. I bet Jae hyung would probably like that too.” Junsu said, getting inside the car. Yunho held back his sigh, seeing how Junsu had behaved.

 

“I can’t wait to divorce you.”

 


 
Believe me when I said this wasn't the ending I had expected when I first started this story. But this is probably the only story that I ever wrote that has the main character killed off. So, don't bash me too much on killing Jaejoong, hmm? I promise the next YunJae story will be a happy ending. So stay around and maybe soon, I'll write a new story. 
 
Anyway, I want to say thanks to everyone who decided to click on this story while looking for more YunJae stuff to read. I can't believe I actually took 2 years to finish this. Time flies so fast. Special thanks to the 381 subscribers as well as the 25 individuals who upvote this story. As well as the ones who left comments here. You're the best! On that note, Goodbyes to all of you and hope to see you in my next story soon.