Call Me, Yunho

Our Love That Shouldn't Happened

“So the sales have decreased ever since the news on Mr Kim Junsu’s upcoming wedding to the Jung Corporations’ director, Mr Jung Yunho. However, our shareholders were being rather elated on the news, especially with the fact that we would be-” The meeting was disrupted by a pen hitting the table.

 

All the directors in the room looked to the head of the table, where Jaejoong was sitting. Undeterred by the stares from the men in the room, Jaejoong frowned before playing with his pen.

 

“Mr Kim, is something wrong? Anything you want to comment?” The man presenting said, afraid that he had done something wrong which made the young chairman mad.

 

“Sir?” He continued, seeing that Jaejoong did not respond to his question. Junsu looked at Jaejoong, wondering why he wasn’t answering.

 

“Jae hyung? Is something wrong?” Junsu asked him but he too didn’t receive any reply from Jaejoong.

 

“Jae hyung.” Junsu called louder, this time his hand shaking Jaejoong slightly.

 

“Yes.” Jaejoong replied, eyes moving to meet the other men in the room.

 

“Yes, I agree to that.” Jaejoong said, not even knowing what was going on.

 

Junsu shake his head slightly, closing the report that he had been reading.

 

“Alright, the meeting is cancelled. I’ll reschedule another one soon. You may go now.” Junsu said, deciding that they take a break from all the discussions and business strategies. Jaejoong stood up, only to get pulled down by Junsu.

 

“No. You, stay here.” Junsu said. Once the two Kim brothers were alone in the meeting room, Junsu looked at Jaejoong who was keeping silent since a while ago.

 

“You want to tell me what’s going on with you?” Junsu asked. Jaejoong shake his head.

 

“Nothing is going on.” Jaejoong said, his mouth saying a different thing compared to what his heart was saying.

 

“Where did you go last night?” Junsu continued.

 

“Yamapi’s house.”

 

“He was in our house last night.”

 

“Yeah, we decided to make a switch. He sleep in my room and I sleep in his room.”

 

“You invited him over for dinner. Only.”

 

“Well, we decided it only after dinner.” Jaejoong replied simply.

 

“You came back in Yoochun’s car this morning. How did that happen? You went to the hospital?”

 

“Yeah I did. Grabbed a few medicine.”

 

“You did? But you didn’t take the medicine last night.”

 

“How did you know?”

 

“I counted it.”

 

“End of discussion then.” Jaejoong hastily replied, deciding that he can’t keep on lying to Junsu about last night.

 

“I want a report on the sales again and a business proposal to countermove this. By the end of the week please.” Jaejoong ordered, grabbing his report file on the table before leaving the room.

 

Junsu looked on as Jaejoong left the room and decided to call Yoochun for confirmation.

 

“Hey baby, want to tell me why did Jae hyung meet you this morning?”

 

“What? No more I love you’s or I miss you’s anymore? Not even a single proper hello?”

 

“Very funny. Hurry up and tell me, Yoochun.”

 

“He just came in to say hi and get his medicine refill. Unlike someone’s lover who couldn’t even say a proper greeting during a phone call.”

 

“Are you whining about that now?”

 

“Depends. If it means that I get to have dinner with you tonight.” Junsu could only just smile on that.

 

“Real smooth, Dr Park. Dinner at 8, your choice.”

 

“Great. I’ll pick you up. I love you.”

 

“I love you too.” Junsu replied, hanging up.

 

Jaejoong stormed into his office, not even bothering to smile at his secretary like he used to do. Looking through the open door of his office, he sees Yamapi walking towards him from far. Jaejoong immediately grabbed his phone to call his secretary just outside.

 

“I don’t want anyone to bother me right now. Close the door for me.”

 

Not even bothering to hear the response, Jaejoong put the phone down before turning his seat to face the huge windows behind him. He took out his phone, checking for any recent messages or calls, specifically from that man.

 

“Why aren’t you calling me, Yunho? Are you that busy?” Jaejoong mumbled, feeling so down that he had no mood to do anything.

 

“Hey Jae?” “I don’t want to talk to anyone. Get out.” Jaejoong said, not bothering to turn and look at the man who just walked in.

 

He knew it was Yamapi. He would be the only one that still dare to walk in when Jaejoong instructed not to. Hearing the door close on him, Jaejoong sighed again.

 

He decided to try and call Yunho, thinking that the latter was too busy to call him.

 

“Pick up.” Jaejoong muttered so many times as the phone rings.

 

It rings for a long while before Jaejoong was directed to the voicemail. Jaejoong tried a few more times, only to get the same response as the previous one.

 

“Damn it, why aren’t you answering?!” Jaejoong scream to his phone before tossing his phone behind, hearing it fall down on the table.

 

On the other end, Yunho was just sitting in his office. His hands were together with his phone showing that he had a few missed calls from one person.

 

“You’re really not going to pick that up, aren’t you?”

 

Yunho’s eyes looked up, looking at Changmin who was just sitting in front of him.

 

“You know, I wanted to go back to my office but you were the one who didn’t want to let me go. So, don’t look at me as if I’m being annoying here.” Changmin said, getting another file to look at. Yunho looked at the photographs laid in front of him before sighing.

 

“Are you really sure what you digged up was true?” Yunho asked.

 

“Oh my god, Jung Yunho. That is the fifth time you asked me. I swear, this is the last time I’m going to try and convince you. Just look at all the pictures. They look so damn close to each other and the ones that they were being shot secretly clearly shows that they had something between them. I mean, look at this one.”

 

Changmin hold up one photo towards Yunho.

 

“No guy would hug his college friend so tight when you get crowned the best couple in college. They got the best couple award for the whole three years they were in that college. What else do you need me to prove?” Changmin asked, which caused Yunho to keep quiet for awhile.

 

Yunho’s phone vibrated for awhile before he finally looked at it. It was a message from Jaejoong.

 

Sender: Jaejoong

Time: 16:31:02

Are you busy? Call me soon. I want to talk to you about this morning.

Yunho sighed again, seeing the message. Seeing Yunho acting like that, Changmin grabbed the phone before reading the same message.

“You should really call him.” Again, another sigh coming from Yunho. He grabbed the phone back from Changmin, texting a reply to Jaejoong.

“What did you say to him?” Changmin asked and Yunho just tossed his phone back to him.

“Seriously? You’re in a meeting? Are you really going to run away from him? Like this? You’re hurting him, Yunho!”

“I don’t know what to do, alright? I’m sorry but I don’t think I can face him now. I mean, not like this.” Yunho exclaimed, looking at the photos again.

“Not when I see him like this now.” Yunho mumbled.

“Hey, you know what? Maybe this isn’t true. Maybe what I said is wrong. You should be going to him now and clarify things. Ask him whether it’s true. If you love him, like you really said, give him a chance to explain everything. Maybe what we speculate could be wrong after all.” Yunho stared at Changmin before standing up.

“I need some coffee.” Yunho said, leaving Changmin alone in his office.

“Or you can just ignore whatever inspirational thing that I said just now and leave me alone in your office. That works too.”

The phone rings again and seeing that it was Jaejoong again, Changmin sigh.

“Oh this. I’m just going to pick this up. Yeah hey.”

“Umm, is Yunho around?” Changmin went silent, thinking whether to lie or just tell the truth.

Thinking about Yunho who was trying to escape from Jaejoong, Changmin decided to lie.

“Yunho went for lunch. He left his phone in his office.”

“This late?”

“Yeah. One of his clients came back. She decided to drag him out for a late lunch.”

“She?”

“Yeah.”

“Oh...alright then. Can you...can you tell him that I called and to call me when he comes back?”

“Yeah sure, I will.”

“Thank you.” Jaejoong had said, hanging up immediately.

His head rest on his table, frowning so hard that there wouldn’t be any smile coming to him anytime soon.

“Are you really following what your father told you to do? Are you leaving me?”