Run, Run, Run Away

Our Love That Shouldn't Happened

“Jae hyung, hurry up, will you?” Junsu said, walking into his brother’s room while fixing his tie.

 

“This is probably the first time I’ve seen you so enthusiastic about going for a business dinner.” Jaejoong noted, seeing the man sitting down on his bed.

 

“Well, I am more inclined to the eating dinner part than the talking with people part.”

 

“After I leave, there will be more of these dinners that you have to attend.” That caused Junsu to keep quiet.

 

“Su? You alright?”

 

“Don’t say that.” Hearing that, Jaejoong could only smile.

 

“Until we’re sure, don’t say that. I told you I’m not going to let you go that easily.” Junsu said before hugging his brother tight.

 

“I love you, Jae hyung.”

 

“I know, Junsu.” Jaejoong replied, hugging the man too. One minute passed and they were still in that same position.

 

“You can let go of me now.” Junsu responded with a tighter embrace.

 

Jaejoong shift uncomfortably, trying to loosen his brother’s hold but the man was slightly stronger than him.

 

“Let go already! Geez...you’re going to suffocate me to death before my heart stops beating.” Jaejoong joked as Junsu finally lets go.

 

“Let’s go.” Junsu said, circling his arm around Jaejoong’s arm as they walked out of the room.

 

Getting into a chauffeured car, they head to the restaurant.

 

“Kim Corporations.” Jaejoong stated as Junsu gave the host of the restaurant their invitation.

 

“Of course. Party for two. Please follow me.” The two brothers nodded before following the man into the restaurant. Jaejoong continued smiling, recognising other business associates that had already arrived beforehand.

 

“After the news about the upcoming wedding, we have placed your seats beside Jung Corporations. I hope you enjoy our new arrangement.” The host said before pointing to the two empty seats on the long dinner table surrounded by directors and managers of different companies.

 

“Oh hey Yunho.” Junsu said, greeting the man who had already sat down on his seat.

 

“Hey, Junsu.” Yunho greeted back before his eyes looked at Jaejoong who was still standing.

 

“Hi.” Jaejoong swiftly nodded to Yunho.

 

“Junsu, why don’t you sit down beside Yunho instead?” Jaejoong asked his brother softly, seeing that the man had sat down on the seat away from Yunho.

 

“As much as I want to entertain reporters for a new picture of me and him, I want to enjoy my dinner peacefully. Be a kind person and help your little brother out.” Junsu pleaded, pouting slightly.

 

“Dinner will be served as soon as everyone takes a seat.” Jaejoong heard the host who had moved to the end of the table. Jaejoong looked around for an empty seat but his eyes met the host who seemed to be urging him to sit down.

 

Reluctantly, he finally sat down by Yunho. Jaejoong tried to sneak a peek on Yunho but the man had turned his back on him. Deciding to let it go, Jaejoong focuses on supervising Junsu’s performance interacting with the other directors.

 

“That was a really good idea. Maybe we can talk this over a cup of coffee in my office tomorrow.” Jaejoong heard Yunho said as the first course of dinner was served.

 

“Don’t you have to get ready for the wedding? After all, the wedding is in 3 days.”

 

“Mr Lee, you know what they say about business weddings. I am there just to recite the wedding vows.” Yunho told the director sitting beside him.

 

“Excuse me?” The director had questioned, surprised by Yunho’s answer.

 

“What he meant by that is everything is under control. My family decided to take charge of all the arrangements. Yunho won’t have to lift a finger on deciding anything.” Jaejoong interfered.

 

Finally, Yunho looked at Jaejoong. Jaejoong’s first reaction was to look away but somehow, he kept on looking at Yunho.

 

“I thought we decided not to mention to everyone that it was strictly business?” Jaejoong finally asked.

 

“Everyone will eventually find out about it once we go our separate ways anyway.”

 

“Separate ways?”

 

“It’s none of your business. You’re not the one getting married to me anyway.” Yunho said, finally shifting his eyes away from Jaejoong.

 

“Fine.” Jaejoong decide to look at his appetiser but he was so bothered with Yunho’s words that his appetite left him in a heartbeat.

 

“I’m sorry. I have to go to the restroom.” Jaejoong announced, standing up immediately.

 

“What’s wrong, Jae hyung?” Junsu asked, wanting to follow.

 

“No. Stay. I’m just going to the restroom for awhile.” Jaejoong said before smiling at Junsu to reassure his brother.

 

Jaejoong turned to leave and his eyes met Yunho’s again. It lasted for a few seconds and Jaejoong finally moved away, walking to the restroom behind the kitchen area.

 

Yunho looked at Junsu who was back to talking with the man sitting beside him. He looked back at the direction of the restroom, worried if Jaejoong was having another attack or needed any help. His eyes shifted nervously around the room before he decides to stand up.

 

“Excuse me.” He said, bowing slightly before heading to the kitchen area. Yunho slam open the door, seeing Jaejoong standing by the sink with his face wet.

 

“Jae. Are you alright?” Yunho pulled the man towards himself, holding onto his arms and looking everywhere for any signs or bruises.

 

“Yunho, let go.” The man couldn’t hear anything as he spun Jaejoong around.

 

“Can you please stop?!” This time, they were face-to-face.

 

“I can’t do this, Jae.” Yunho said, looking down immediately.

 

“Do what? The wedding? Yunho, your company will go-”

 

“I’m not talking about the company. I’m talking about us!” Yunho finally lets go of the man, deciding to lean by the sink instead.

 

“I don’t think I can ever step on the altar with Junsu. Especially when I know about you.”

 

“About what?”

 

“Your illness. I had Changmin investigate your background.”

 

“And my medical report. Oh god, Yunho. I should have told you beforehand but...but someone told me to take a chance with you. I didn’t have the courage to tell you. I couldn’t risk you being hurt because of me.” Jaejoong approached the man, tenderly Yunho’s cheek and causing the man to look at him.

 

“I’m sorry.” Jaejoong whispered, tears clearly in his eyes.

 

“I love you, Jae. You should know that.” Yunho said, hugging the man.

 

“But I’m...I’m dying, Yunho. Every day, even though I didn’t show it, I can feel myself become weaker. I’m going to die, Yunho.” Jaejoong sobbed hard, holding onto Yunho tight.

 

“Let’s run away, Jae.”

 

“Huh what?”

 

“For the remaining time that you have, let’s spend it together. Let’s run away.”

 

“But the wedding, Yunho. We can’t-”

 

“To hell with that! In life, you have to make sacrifices. And now, I choose to love you instead. I’m sorry I left you without any notice for a week. I needed some time to think about us and about everything.”

 

“But you’re back now. That’s good enough for me.” Jaejoong said, smiling slightly at Yunho.

 

"While in Japan, I had some things ready. Let’s leave this place and head to the airport. I already have a plane ready to send us to Okinawa.”

 

“Something tells me that you are sure that I am going to follow you.”

 

“Come on Jae...let’s run. Run away from everything. From all our problems.” Yunho hold out his hand, beckoning Jaejoong to follow him. Jaejoong looked at Yunho before his eyes move down to see the open hand in front of him.

 

The offer was so tempting to Jaejoong and he immediately take it up. Yunho smiled immediately, relieved to see that Jaejoong had decided to follow through with his plan. Even though he knew the time they had is running short, he had wanted to spend the rest of it with Jaejoong being happy.

 

He couldn’t bear to see how Jaejoong would look while he recite the vows to be one with Junsu. Yunho lead Jaejoong to the back door where his driver was waiting with his car.

 

“Can you drop me at my house first? I need to pack my pills.” Jaejoong said and Yunho instructed the driver to send them to the Kim’s house.

 

“Oh my god, Yunho!” Jaejoong suddenly said, remembering Junsu who was still in the restaurant.

 

“I forgot about Junsu. Turn the car around.”

 

“Can’t you call him instead?” Yunho asked.

 

“Oh right.” Jaejoong answered, fishing out his phone before dialing his brother’s number.

 

“I’m sorry. I have to answer this call.” Junsu said, cutting short the business discussion he was having before leaving the table to answer the call.

 

“Jae hyung? Is everything alright? Why are you calling me?”

 

“No, everything is fine. Listen, Junsu. I am going to go home first. I forgot to bring my medicine but I’m already on a cab. You go home by yourself later, alright?”

 

“Yeah sure.” Junsu replied, hanging up immediately. He looked around nervously before glancing at the time shown on his phone.

 

“It’s time.” Junsu mumbled, clutching the phone tightly.

 

He head out of the restaurant immediately, smiling when he recognise the familiar car belonging to a certain doctor parked at the side. Yoochun was waiting for him, choosing to lean his back on his car instead of waiting for his lover inside the car.

 

“Jaejoong?” Yoochun asked, feeling surprised that Jaejoong had let Junsu off so easily.

 

“Surprisingly, he went home early. Are your bags ready?” Junsu asked, as they got on the car.

 

“Packed and ready to fly. Unlike you.”

 

“If I brought my bag just now, Jae hyung would have known something was up. It’ll be a short one at my house. After that-”

 

“We’re free.” Yoochun said, completing the sentence.

 

Junsu looked out of the window, happy at his upcoming freedom but slightly upset as the car drives past the Kim Corporations building.

 

“We’re going to be fine. Right?” Junsu asked, deciding to look at Yoochun instead.

 

“Of course. We’re going to be missing for just a few months only. And then we come back home. When everything finally settles.”

 

“Ok. Let’s run then. Run away.”

 


 

New chap for the week. Have a good one, guys!