The Date!...Or What Do You Want To Call It?

Our Love That Shouldn't Happened

Yoochun introduced himself before smiling at Yunho.

"Right. Park Yoochun. I'll remember that name. Thank you for letting me see Jaejoong." Yunho said.

"No problem." Yoochun replied before the lift stops.

"Here is my stop. Remember what I told you. Knock before you enter." Yoochun reminded him and he nod.

Yoochun steps out, heading to Junsu's office. He was sure that the man he talked with was Jung Yunho but why didn't Yunho meet Junsu? Instead, he wanted to meet Jaejoong.

Going inside the huge office, his thoughts about Yunho immediately disappeared when he sees his lover being busy over his work.

"Honey~"


At the highest level of the building, Yunho was standing right in front of Jaejoong's office. The whole floor was quiet as most of the workers have left work however Yunho knew that Jaejoong was still inside the room, judging from the bright light coming from his office.

He did what Yoochun had told him to do, knocking on the glass door twice before waiting for Jaejoong to say something. Yunho frowned when he didn't hear anything from the said person and he knocked once again, this time louder. Still, there was no response.

Yunho looked around the seemingly quiet floor before deciding to just turn the door knob. He stick his head inside the room, spotting the man he had wanted to see sleeping on his chair. Yunho got inside quietly, making sure that he didn't make any noise so as not to wake the angel sleeping.

He walked towards Jaejoong, sitting on the table as he looked at the man still sleeping. Now that Yunho could see him real close, he was even more attracted to how Jaejoong looked. His hand unconciously reached to Jaejoong's face but he stopped himself, not wanting to wake Jaejoong up.

Yunho saw the plastic container on the table filled with different colours and shapes of medicine.

"Jaejoong~"

Yunho jerked up, looking at the open door where a man walked in with his hand out.

"Yamapi?"

Yunho turned to look at Jaejoong who blurted out the foreign name.

"Umm...who is that?" Yamapi asked, pointing at Yunho.

"Yunho?" Jaejoong called, fingers rubbing his eyes as he tried to clear the sleep still fogging his mind.

"What are you doing here?" Jaejoong asked as Yunho stood up awkwardly, his hand scratching the back of his neck.

"I...I have something to discuss with you." Yunho replied, not knowing what he would answer if Jaejoong were to question further.

"I see. Yamapi, go home. I'll call you when I get back home." Yunho sees the Japanese man pout before leaving the room.

"So, what can I help you with?" Jaejoong asked, straightening his back and motioning for Yunho to sit down.

"Uhhh...umm...ah...I...uhh..."

"Just say it, Yunho. I'll do anything to help you."

Yunho wanted to suggest going to bed with him but he immediately dismissed the idea.

"Well, I was thinking. Since I'm going to marry Junsu in a month, I wanted to get to know of my new family." Yunho sees one of Jaejoong's eyebrow rise up.

"You want to know more about my family? Sure. Ask away." Jaejoong said.

"Uhh...not like this. How about...we go out? We can talk about it over dinner." Yunho suggested.

"Over dinner? You mean...like a date?" Jaejoong asked.

"Yeah. I mean...no. Just dinner. But if you want to make it a date, we can always do that." Yunho said, smiling warmly at Jaejoong.

"So what you're trying to say is that you want to ask me out on a date. Instead of asking Junsu for a date."  Jaejoong said, getting amused at the reaction he gets from the man in front of him.

"Not like that. But I feel that knowing about my future spouse's family would directly show how my spouse would be." Yunho answered.

"Alright. A valid enough reason. Let's go then." Jaejoong said, already packing his things.

"But you'll have to send me home because I usually take Junsu's car." He continued, dialling Junsu's number.

"Of course. Don't worry about that." Yunho said, stating his promise.

Jaejoong frowned when Junsu didn't answer the call when he was sure that Junsu was inside his office. Deciding to make the call short, Jaejoong scribbled a note to inform Junsu that he would be coming home late before sticking it on the phone.

"Alright. I'm ready." Jaejoong said, standing up.

"You first." Yunho politely said, motioning for the shorter man to walk before him.

They got on the elevator, walking out of the building together and attracting the attention from other workers who were making their way back home. Yunho helped to open the door for Jaejoong before getting on the driver's seat himself.

"So where are we going?" Jaejoong asked once they were on the move.

"Any recommendation, Jae? Wait, can I call you Jae? Since Jaejoong is too long and I don't think I should call you Mr Kim since we are after all going to be relatives soon." Yunho started rambling before he decides to shut up when Jaejoong started laughing.

"Anywhere is fine, Yunho. I trust you." Jaejoong said, throwing Yunho a sincere warm smile and that made Yunho's heart flutter.

"Alright. Then I'll bring you to my favourite restaurant." Yunho said, giving Jaejoong a smile too.

As the journey continues, Yunho thought it was going great until he sees the petrol level.

"Jae, we're going to the petrol station for awhile." Yunho said.

"Yeah sure. No problem with that." Jaejoong said, already comfortable with Yunho calling him Jae instead of the normal Mr Kim or Jaejoong.

Yunho drive into a petrol station, filling up the car with the petrol and they were back on the road almost instantly. But one thing kept bugging Yunho’s mind.

“I remembered I fill it up just this morning. Why would the petrol finish up so fast when I didn’t use it that much?” Yunho had thought but he decided to just kick the thought away to focus on Jaejoong instead.

“So have you always like business, Jae?” Yunho asked, starting a conversation.

“Umm, not really. Would you imagine me as a rebel when I was in high school?” Jaejoong asked, looking at Yunho. The man driving spared a glance at Jaejoong before replying.

Well, if you look the same as now, I’m sure this angel sitting beside me doesn’t look like a rebel to me.” Jaejoong felt himself blush when he heard Yunho refer to him as an angel.

“So business wasn’t really what you want?” Yunho continued.

“Hmm...me and Junsu had always been musically inclined. If one were to compare the both of us, I would say Junsu is a much better singer and would be more suited singing than going for business meetings. I wasn’t really interested in business but for Heechul hyung’s sake, I had to. It’s my responsibility as his eldest son.” Jaejoong said, adding interesting information about Junsu along the way.

“But aren’t you just his adopted son?”

“Does it matter? Will it be different if I am his biological son?” Jaejoong asked.

“Well I’m sure not.” Yunho said.

“Correct! But everyone that meets me always question me about it. If Heechul hyung had a son, wouldn’t it be better compared to having me, an outsider, to become the director of his company?”

“Of course not. Being the director of a company doesn’t lie on whether you are the biological son or not. I would rather have someone who I can trust to take over instead of a son that even I myself can’t trust.” Yunho replied.

“True and that’s what I told those stakeholders when I took over the company.” Jaejoong said as if he was proud of it.

“So you said you and Junsu are musically inclined. Do you sing?” Yunho asked, hearing something pop behind him.

“Umm...I don’t think I sing very well. I told you Junsu is a much better singer than me.” Jaejoong replied, unconsciously pouting a little.

“Hmm...I should ask you to sing for me some time.”

“No way.” Jaejoong said, holding onto Yunho’s arm.

“Please don’t make me sing. Just thinking about it make me so shy, you know?” Jaejoong continued. Yunho laughed before realising something was wrong when the car starts to swerve to the left.

“Yunho, what’s going on?” Jaejoong asked, his hold tightening on Yunho’s arm when he realises the same fact.

“I don’t know but just hold onto me tight. Just in case.” Yunho said before stopping at the side of the road. Making sure that it was safe, Yunho got down from the car before seeing the two flat tires at the back.

“You have got to be kidding with me. Of all days you want to create trouble for me, why today? Stupid damn car.” Yunho scolded, kicking the car lightly.

“Is something wrong?” Jaejoong asked, already out of the car.

“We should get a cab. My tires are flat.” Yunho told him and Jaejoong tried to suppress his laughter when he sees Yunho grumbling a little.

“Alright. I’ll get a cab then. Are you going to call a tow truck or something?” Jaejoong asked.

“Nevermind. I’ll get the cab for you. Sit inside the car and take a rest.  I’m sure you must be busy after a long day at work.” Yunho said, already taking out his phone.

“Are you sure?” Yunho nodded in reply to Jaejoong’s question and Jaejoong decided to let Yunho do the job. Leaving Jaejoong in the car, Yunho dialled Changmin’s number immediately.

“What, tableman?”

“Tableman?” Yunho asked, looking at the caller ID just to make sure that he called Changmin instead of some drunkard who mistook him as a...tableman.

“Why a tableman, Changmin?”

“Because you’re always being called chairman. You should be called tableman for once. They come together, you know?” Yunho rolled his eyes hearing Changmin’s explanation.

“Are you drunk? Please say no. I have an emergency here and I need you to help me.”

“Of course. I will always be here to serve your highness.”

“Geez Changmin, you must be really drunk. I need a tow truck and a cab. My car is stucked in the middle of the road and I need a cab to go to our usual restaurant.” Yunho instructed before getting a yes sir from Changmin. He ended the call before walking towards Jaejoong who was sitting with his legs out of the car.

“I already called a cab. Could you wait for awhile?”

“No problem, Yunho.” Jaejoong replied and awkward silence engulfed the two of them.

“Uhh...do you want a seat?” Jaejoong asked, shifting a little.

“Ah no. I’ll just sit here. Right beside you.” Yunho answered, leaning on the car before sliding down to squat a little.

“Comfortable enough?” Jaejoong asked.

“Not quite but it’ll do for now.” The silence creeped up again and this time it was Yunho who decides to make it disappear.

“Do you have a lover, Jaejoong?”

“Ever since I took over the company, I had no time to find one. It has always been the company to me. I’m what they call...a workaholic chairman.” Jaejoong replied.

“Funny how my friend said the same thing about me too.” Yunho said, chuckling a little.

“You’re one too? I thought I was the only one like that. Too busy with work that I would rather sleep during weekends than going out to clubs to have fun.”

“The image. Think of our image if a chairman of our status is to be seen dancing in a club. Hell will break loose when people find that out.” Yunho replied.

“Correct. That’s what I always tell Junsu whenever he tries to force me to go to the club with him.”

“But those people just can’t try to understand us and will just drag us into the club.”

“And when things go wrong, we’re the ones to blame!” The couple said it together before looking at each other, breaking out into laughing fits when they realised they’re so similar to each other.

“Why haven’t I met you earlier, Jaejoong ah?” Yunho asked and the two laughed again.

“Maybe you can blame the business deal for that.” Jaejoong said and Yunho nodded, agreeing to it.

“But there’s no need for you to worry any longer since you’re going to get married to Junsu in a month.” Jaejoong continued and Yunho sigh.

“I don’t know about that. Am I...really suitable for him Jaejoong? What do you think?” Yunho asked the man.

“Umm...honestly speaking, you don’t look like Junsu’s type to me.” Jaejoong said.

“What’s your type of lover, Jae?” Yunho asked but before Jaejoong could answer, the cab arrives thus making the conversation between them to cease. The two of them settled down inside the cab before they head to the restaurant.

Finally reaching the restaurant, Yunho led Jaejoong in before a waiter bring them to an empty table. Spotting Changmin not far from them, Yunho feel something was amiss but decided to just forget about it.

“What are you going to eat, Yunho?” Jaejoong asked, already looking at the menu.

“Hmm, I’ll eat anything that you choose.” Yunho replied. To this, Jaejoong frowned a little before smiling as he gets an idea.

“I’m new here so you should recommend me something. Order something, Yun ah.” Yunho almost felt his heart skip a beat when he heard Jaejoong call him that.

“Any preferences, Jae?”

“Anything but mushrooms. Allergies.” Yunho frowned when he heard that.

“Is something wrong?” Jaejoong asked, spotting Yunho’s small frown.

“You’re allergic to mushrooms?” Yunho asked and Jaejoong slowly nod.

“You’re allergic to it also?” Jaejoong asked and Yunho nod, happy to find that they share another similar fact between them.

“Then by all means, you can order for me then. I trust you.” Jaejoong continued and Yunho decided to get the restaurant to prepare them his usual fare. A menu that consist of all his favourite food and a menu that he had been eating since he had patronised the restaurant six years ago.

“So, any special facts that you want to know about Junsu?” Jaejoong asked as they started eating.

“Junsu? Why him?”

“Uhh, didn’t you call me out for dinner to ask about my brother Junsu?”

“Oh that. Now that’s a correction. I said I want to get to know more about you so that indirectly I know about Junsu too.” Yunho explained and Jaejoong finally realised the true meaning of Yunho asking him out for dinner.

“Yunho, I don’t think we should do this.” Jaejoong said, already getting the feeling that he’s making trouble from just going out with his future brother-in-law.

“I’m sorry but I think I should go.” He continued, standing up abruptly.

“W-Wait! Jaejoong ah. Hold on for a second.” Yunho said, grabbing onto Jaejoong’s wrist. Yunho tugged onto the shorter man which resulted to Jaejoong accidentally hit on Yunho’s chest.

“Yunho, once again I say. I don’t think we should do this.” Jaejoong said firmly, trying to wriggle his way out of Yunho’s tight hold.

“Please, Jae. Just listen to me this once. I admit! I asked you out not because I want to know more about Junsu. For that, I’m sorry. But please, at least finish the dinner with me, alright? I’ll send you back home after that.” Yunho said, looking down at Jaejoong.

“Let me go, Yunho.” Jaejoong said, looking away.

“Not until you say yes to that.”

“Yunho, people are watching us.”

“They are only watching us because you’re too stubborn to sit down and eat dinner with me.”

“Well, that’s because you lied to me. Now, let me go.”

“I said I’ll let you go when you say yes to finishing your dinner with me!” Yunho shouted, attracting all the attention from the whole restaurant. Jaejoong could feel all eyes on him and he felt himself blushing.

“You know, Jae? I don’t mind the publicity.” Jaejoong sigh before glaring at Yunho.

“Alright, I’ll eat with you. Now let me go.” Jaejoong said, puffing his cheeks out a little before the small pout appeared again.

“Now that’s better.” Yunho said, pulling Jaejoong to sit back on his chair. Once Jaejoong was seated back at his own place, Yunho sat back at his own.

“I want this to be the first and the last time we’re going to do this. I don’t want Junsu to misunderstand that I’m trying to steal his future partner away from him.” Jaejoong said but Yunho just smirked.

“Oh well, Jae. That’s too late already cause my heart is already stolen by you the moment I set my eyes on you.” Yunho replied which cause Jaejoong to look away.

“Stop it, Yunho. What we are doing is already wrong in people’s eyes.” Jaejoong said.

“What are we doing? In people’s eyes, we’re just future brother-in-laws who are having dinner together to bond with each other. In my eyes, we’re having dinner on our date. But then...in your eyes, it only seems to be that different reason you said.” Yunho answered.

Jaejoong decided to keep quiet and get this over with. From that time on, Jaejoong kept silent every time Yunho tried to initiate a conversation. Yunho frowned seeing the cold treatment he gets from Jaejoong.

“I’m going to the restroom for awhile.” Yunho said and Jaejoong gave a slight nod.

“Now that’s a response for me.” Yunho thought before making his way to the restroom.

At the corner of his eye, he spot Changmin walking towards him. Stopping right outside the restroom, he stopped Changmin from walking passed him.

“Why exactly are you here?” Yunho asked and Changmin smirked.

“I heard that commotion just now. Things didn’t go well, right  Jung?” Changmin teased.

“Straight to the point, Changmin. I’m not in the mood.” Yunho said, already pissed off now that Jaejoong isn’t really friendly compared from before.

“This is where the Cupid Changmin comes in.” Yunho throws his best friend a bored look once he heard that.

“Let me tell you some ideas of mine.”

“I’m going.” Yunho announced, rolling his eyes.

“Hey, don’t be like this. I can be a good matchmaker if I try my best.” Changmin said.

“Correct, Changmin. But that’s the thing. You never try your best. In anything except for food.” Yunho said, already turning away.

“Come on.” Changmin urged and Yunho looked at Jaejoong who was on the phone before looking back at Changmin.

“Alright, what do you got?”

Back at the table, Jaejoong was relating all the things that happened with Yunho on his phone call.

“So wait, you’re saying that the man I saw just now was really that Jung Yunho and he’s trying to flirt with you?” The Japanese man at the other end asked which caused Jaejoong to roll his eyes.

“He’s not trying. He’s already flirting with me.” Jaejoong insisted.

“Then why are you resisting? Just get on with it.”

“Yamapi, he’s going to be Junsu’s partner which also means he’s going to be my brother-in-law. Do you see the trouble that the both of us will get if we continue with this?” Jaejoong asked but his best friend just kept insisting on going for it.

“Come on, Joongie. What’s the chance that trouble will come when you and the Jung get together as a couple? Just go ahead with it. Plus, it’s been so long since you dated someone. And I don’t need your talk about you being busy, you workaholic chairman.” Yamapi said.

“But-”

“No buts, Jae. Alright, answer my question. Does he look hot to you?” Jaejoong kept silent.

“Jae, answer me.” Jaejoong let out a disgruntled groan.

“Yes.” Jaejoong replied softly.

“Does he look like your type of lover?”

“Yamapi.” Jaejoong called, wanting the conversation to stop.

“Ok so he does. So, listen to me, Kim Jaejoong. If you don’t take this chance, that Jung Yunho isn’t going to be available for you to flirt with any longer.”

“I don’t want to flirt with him.”

“Jaejoong, I know what you’re thinking. You’re afraid, right?” And just like that, Jaejoong realised once again why Yamapi was his best friend. The Japanese man knew him too well.

“Jae, I know you don’t want to hurt him. But if you reject him and if he’s sincere about liking you, you’re hurting two people instead of one. At least, if you were to accept him in your life...when you’re gone, it won’t hurt too much.”

“But it will still hurt him, won’t it?” Jaejoong asked.

“You’ll only know the answer to that if you accept him in your life, Jae. Listen, I want you to be happy, alright? I want you to...leave happily also.” There was silence for awhile throughout the call before Yamapi chuckled suddenly.

“I convinced you, didn’t I?” Jaejoong just roll his eyes when he heard that.

“I’ll hang up.” Jaejoong said.

“Jae, just one thing to remember. If you ever did have with him, please remember to use protection.”

“And this is the reason why I don’t like you being my best friend.”

“I love you too, Jae.”

“I love someone else, Yamapi.”

“Jung Yunho, probably?”

“Oh shut up.”

 

 

 

 

Hi guys. Sorry for the long wait. Been busy with school but then...school's out and holiday's in now so I'll probably be updating quite regularly again. Will update soon, I promise. Keep the comments coming, alright?