The Next Morning

Our Love That Shouldn't Happened

The next morning, Jaejoong woke up with Heechul sitting beside him on the bed.

 

“Is there something wrong, hyung?” Jaejoong asked.

 

“Can I talk to you? I mean, not now, but maybe later. It’s not a really important talk but I-”

 

“Heechul hyung, just tell me what is it.” Jaejoong said, rubbing his eyes lazily.

 

“Never mind. Go and shower. I’ll meet you for breakfast, honey. Did you eat your medicine last night?”

 

“Uh…” Jaejoong looked away immediately, knowing that he will have to come up with a lie to escape from this.

 

“You obviously didn’t since the medicine in that box of yours doesn’t have one capsule missing.” Jaejoong looked back at his father, smiling sheepishly.

 

“I’ll make sure you eat it this morning. Now, go and shower.” Heechul said, messing up Jaejoong’s hair a little.

 

Once he had his shower, Jaejoong make his way slowly to the dining hall. Tying the black tie around his neck, he put on his jacket before entering the hall.

 

“Good morning, gentlemen.” Jaejoong greeted, sitting at one side of the table.

 

“Morning, Jae hyung.” Junsu replied, drinking a glass of milk.

 

“What did I tell you on practising to drink coffee in the morning?” Jaejoong asked, himself sipping a cup of hot coffee.

 

“But hyung, I don’t like coffee.” Junsu said, pouting a little.

 

“Well you have to like it. It gives an image of a businessman.”

 

“No it doesn’t.”

 

“Well it is, a tiny little bit.” Jaejoong replied back, finishing his coffee. The two brothers glared at each other which caused Heechul to clear his throat to gain their attention.

 

“Now boys, enough with your useless squabble. Shouldn’t you be going?” Heechul asked and Jaejoong looked at his watch. His eyes widened when he realised they had ten minutes to get to the company to attend an executive meeting.

 

“Junsu, we’re late!” Jaejoong said, standing up.

 

“Nu uh. You’re staying here until you finished your medicine, young man.” Heechul said, holding onto Jaejoong tightly.

 

“But I need to go and attend that meeting.” Jaejoong replied, trying to get the hold off him.

 

“Junsu can handle that. What’s important for you is to eat your medicine.”

 

I can eat that inside the car.”

 

“On time, Jaejoong. Remember what your doctor said? Eat it on time.” Heechul hissed, getting strict at his stubborn son.

 

“Uh...I’ll just go first. See you in the office, Jaejoong hyung. Have a nice day, Heechul hyung.”

 

“Oh sure, honey. You too have a nice day, Junsu ah.” Heechul said, smiling at his younger son. Once Junsu left the room, his frown appeared again when his older son was still struggling.

 

“Jaejoong, it’s not that difficult, you know? You just have to sit down, eat your medicine, drink a glass of water and you’re done with me. Now sit.” Heechul ordered and Jaejoong pout even more, sitting down obediently.

 

“Good boy.” Heechul said, patting the man’s head.

 

“Now I’m going to go take your medicine and drink. If you’re not here when I come back, you know what I’m going to do. I’m not letting you do any office work for a week.”

 

“Heechul hyung, that’s not fair!” Jaejoong said, looking behind as he sees his father disappear into the kitchen.

 

Jaejoong huffed, hands folded across his chest as he sat there waiting for his father to come back. Heechul came back with a tray that has a round pill case and a glass of warm water. He set the tray on the table in front of Jaejoong before sitting down again.

 

“Now, eat.” Jaejoong grimaced at the sight of the numerous pills in one case yet he still grabbed two of it before consuming it, finishing all the pills and capsules in the case.

 

“Done.” Jaejoong said, placing the glass down on the table.

 

“Good. Now I need to talk to you. It’s something that I’ve been thinking about. Actually, I...umm...I..”

 

“Heechul hyung, just say it. I’m here to listen.” Jaejoong said, holding onto Heechul’s hand as a sign of assurance.

 

“It’s not that I’m having second thoughts, you know? But then, yesterday night, I dreamt Junsu getting married with Yunho and...I…”

 

Jaejoong waited but Heechul kept silent.

 

“What is it?”

 

Heechul looked at Jaejoong before deciding to answer.

 

“I don’t think that Jung Yunho is suitable for Junsu. It’s more like he’s suitable for you but what am I to do now that their family knows about your illness and all because of that, they rejected you immediately. I mean it’s not even a serious illness-”

 

“It is a serious illness.” Jaejoong answered.

 

“Joongie-”

 

“I can die from it, Heechul hyung. In fact, I’m already dying. But just because of me, please don’t deprive Junsu from achieving his happiness. If Junsu is what the Jung’s want then we’ll give Junsu to them if Junsu agrees to it and we both know that Junsu agreed to it a long time ago so there’s no need to discuss about it anymore. Understand, hyung?” Jaejoong asked and Heechul pout a little, nodding slightly.

 

“So that’s done, right?” Heechul went silent for awhile before nodding again.

 

“Are you going out? Could you send me to the office?” This time, Heechul nod immediately, grabbing Jaejoong’s hand before pulling the man out of the room.

 

“I still don’t get why you always get so excited when I asked you to send me to the office.” Jaejoong said, shaking his head slightly and laughing a little.

 

“Hey, it’s not like I got the chance to do it when you guys were young.” Heechul said, referring to the old times when he was too busy in the company that he didn’t take care of the two brothers that much.

 

“If I ever get married, I’ll make sure to take care of my kids myself.” Jaejoong said as Heechul started driving.

 

“You will get married, Joongie. I’ll make sure of that.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Of course!”

 

“I don’t think so.” Jaejoong thought but didn’t say it out loud.

 

“Jaejoong ah.”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Nevermind.” Heechul answered, having a difficult time trying to ask Jaejoong the question.

 

The dream that he had told Jaejoong had a missing scene inside. While the two were taking their vows, someone jumped out to object and Jaejoong had a heart attack. What was puzzling Heechul so much was that, in his dream, Yunho came to Jaejoong’s side and Junsu ran away with the stranger instead.

 

“Why?” Heechul had thought.

 

He kept the question at the back of his head as he focused himself on the road. Once he reached their company, Heechul stopped the car but his grip on the steering wheel didn’t relax.

 

“Thank you for the ride, Heechul hyung.” Jaejoong said, climbing out of the car and Heechul cursed softly.

 

“I saw Yunho sent you home yesterday. What’s going on?” In a heartbeat, Jaejoong was back inside the car with the door slammed close.

 

“Heechul hyung, I can explain.” Jaejoong said but Heechul put his hand up as a sign to stop.

 

“I don’t want you to explain. Whatever you do, Jaejoong...I trust you. I know you have your own judgement about this and I know it will work out well if I trust you so I will do that.” Heechul said causing Jaejoong to be speechless.

 

“You can go now, Jaejoong ah. Don’t forget to eat your medicine, honey.”

 

“But-”

 

“Honey, I have an appointment at the spa. You want to follow me?” Heechul asked and Jaejoong shake his head. Getting down from the car, Jaejoong sees the car drive away from him.

 

“What was that?” Jaejoong mumbled, worried about the fact that Heechul had suspected him of something. Jaejoong place a hand over his chest, trying to calm himself down from the sudden adrenaline rush that Heechul had made him go through.

 


 

The workers greeted the young chairman as he strides through the floor, heading to his office right at the end of the walkway. Entering his office, Yunho swiftly dodged the file that went flying towards his head.

 

“Yah, Shim Changmin!” Yunho shouted, closing the door before looking at the file on the floor.

 

“Where the hell did you go yesterday? I waited for you in your house thinking that my best friend here would come back. And look what happened, he left me to treat the wound by myself.” Changmin ranted as he swings the chairman’s chair he was sitting in.

 

“Get off my chair, Changmin.” Yunho said, sitting opposite the man.

 

“Did you really wait?” He continued.

 

“What do you think? Where did you go last night?” Changmin asked, hand supporting his head as he looked at Yunho.

 

“I went back home. My parent’s house.” Yunho said.

 

“Uh huh...anything else you want to tell me?” Yunho’s eyes immediately meet Changmin when the younger man said that.

 

“What makes you think I have something to tell you?”

 

“Well, my dear friend Jung Yunho, ever since you took over this company, you never slept over at your parent’s house unless it’s for some event or something. You won’t go back to that house unless you’re in a daze.” Changmin reasoned through and Yunho just chuckled, looking away as he remembered what happened last night.

 

“Oh come on, Jung! Give me the details.” Changmin said, leaning over towards Yunho as if begging the man.

 

“Never, Changmin. Don’t be such a busybody and go do your work, alright?” Yunho said, smirking a little at the desperate Changmin.

 

As they stared at each other in silence, the handphone on the table rang. The two of them looked at the caller ID and both of their eyes widened.

 

“Changmin!” Yunho called when the other man had already reached for Yunho’s phone, answering it immediately.

 

“Hello, this is Jung Yunho’s phone. How can I help you, Jae~Joongie?” Changmin said, speaking into the phone and successfully teasing the owner of the phone.

 

“Yunho?”

 

“Changmin, give the phone back to me.” Yunho said, trying to reach out for his phone but Changmin just turned his back on the man. Yunho stood up, leaning over as he almost get on the wooden table.

 

“Give it to me!” Yunho shouted but Changmin remained unfazed as he talked into the phone.

 

“So tell me, did Yunho tried to kiss you yesterday night? Because apparently he came home in a daze and let me tell you, he looks like he was so in love. I wonder who made him like that~” Changmin said, already cackling like an evil man.

 

“Alright, that’s it.” Yunho concluded, pulling the chair that Changmin was sitting in towards him before grabbing his phone back.

 

“H-Hello? Jae?” Yunho called, punching himself in his mind for letting Changmin answer it.

 

“Umm...should I call you later?”

 

Yunho heard Jaejoong asked and he unconsciously shake his head which cause Changmin to laugh at him.

 

“Ah no. Everything’s fine. I’m here.” Yunho said, walking to the huge windows and staying away from Changmin.

 

“Oh alright. I just want to inform you that there will be a fitting session for your tuxedo this afternoon. I’ve already informed your parents and they told me that you’ll be coming alone because they are busy. So...are you coming?”

 

“Fitting session? This fast?”

 

“Yunho, you do know that our two families prepared for this wedding since two months ago, right?”

 

“Uh...no?” Yunho said, frowning a little as he looked at Changmin when he saw the man had his legs on Yunho’s table.

 

“I just found out about it like 2 days ago. When the newspaper articles come out.” Yunho said, gesturing at Changmin to put his legs down before the man kill Changmin for doing that.

 

“You’re hopeless, Yunho ah.”

 

“Hey, I was busy and my parents kept it a secret from me. It’s not my fault.” Yunho said, crossing his arms over his chest as he pout slightly.

 

“So, are you coming?” There was silence on Yunho’s side for a while.

 

“Yunho?”

 

“Will you be there?”

 

“Do you want me to?”

 

“What do you think?”

 

“I’ll be there. Don’t worry so much.”

 

“Alright.”

 

“Bye then.”

 

“Jae?”

 

“Hmm.”

 

“I like you.” There was silence at Jaejoong’s end and Yunho started getting worried, thinking that he did something wrong. But what Jaejoong said next reassured Yunho by a lot.

 

“I love you too, Yunho ah.”

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 
Ok, this will be the last chap for now cause my holiday is ending. Promise I'll update as soon as I finished writing the other chapters. Just bear with me, alright? Comment and who knows, I'll be nice and I'll just update 2 more chaps. And you guys know how nice am I, right? Hehe...Have fun in your life, guys! Remember to always smile, alright?