A Quick Confession

Our Love That Shouldn't Happened

Jaejoong look at his watch before looking back at Yunho.

“Should we go home, Yunho? It’s getting late.” Jaejoong said and Yunho looked at his own watch before nodding.

“Let’s go then.” Yunho said, leading Jaejoong to the exit before seeing Changmin walking towards them.

He secretly gave a nod towards his approaching best friend and Yunho bumped onto Changmin a little. Changmin swayed a little as if he was drunk. Yunho caught him before frowning at the taller man.

“Careful man. You’re drunk, you should go home.” Yunho said, releasing his hold on Changmin before walking on with Jaejoong following him from behind. Changmin eyed Jaejoong flirtatiously before stopping the man from walking. His hands wrapped around Jaejoong’s slim waist.

“Hey baby, my parents are out, want come home and sleep with me?” Yunho followed through the act, walking to the two of them but before he could stop either of them, he sees Jaejoong pull his fist back before landing a hard punch on Changmin’s jaw. Yunho’s eyes widen in shock, not predicting that to happen.

“Don’t mess with me, boy. I can have you sued inside out so you’ll regret what you did to me.” Jaejoong said, ending it with a small pout.

“That was…” Yunho tried to find a word to describe it but Jaejoong decided to fill the blank in.

“Brutal, I know. Are we going?” Yunho shakily nodded before allowing Jaejoong to walk out first. Yunho turned back to look at Changmin before following Jaejoong out.

“Uh Jae? I forgot my phone. Just wait here or something. I’ll be back soon.” Yunho said, going back inside hurriedly.

Once making sure that the door was close and Jaejoong couldn’t see him, Yunho got to Changmin who was sitting on a chair, already nursing the bruise with an ice pack.

“ Changmin, just what happened over there?” Changmin glared at the standing man when he heard him say that.

“What happened? Are you seriously asking me that? That dude almost punched my life out of my body! Jung Yunho, just because of that, you’re paying for my meals for a month.” Changmin said, pointing hardly at his friend.

“Hey, it was your idea to do that drunk thing.”

“Of course it’s my idea. Would you ever thought of that idea? Hell no!”

“So don’t blame me if things didn’t go well.”

“Don’t blame you? Then who am I supposed to blame? It’s not like I know he’s going to do that. If I knew, I wouldn’t have suggested it, right?”

“Then you think I would know that? I just got to know him. What makes you think I would know that he would do that? Let me see that.” Yunho said, grabbing Changmin’s chin before looking at the bruise.

“Hmm, looks minor to me.” Yunho muttered, enough for Changmin to hear and go into another tantrum.

“You said it’s minor? It ing hurts, you idiot. Don’t touch it anymore. Go away!” Changmin said, flapping his long arms at Yunho to make him go away.

“Gosh, you’re such a kid when you get hurt. Come to my house later and I’ll help apply medicine or something. Oh yeah, get me a car on the way home.” Yunho said before leaving Changmin alone in the restaurant.

Walking out of the shop, Yunho looked around as he tries to find Jaejoong who was missing. Focusing his eyes on the river just opposite the restaurant, he spots the man sitting on the grass. Yunho approached the man, sitting beside immediately.

“Hey.” Yunho said, grabbing Jaejoong’s attention.

“Did you get your phone?” Jaejoong asked and Yunho nodded. Jaejoong tilted his head as he looked at Yunho.

“Aren’t we going?” Jaejoong asked.

“Uhh, I asked one of my drivers to come and pick us up. Let’s wait here for awhile.”

“Ok.” Jaejoong replied, looking back at the seemingly dark river. Under the light of the lone streetlamp, Yunho stared at Jaejoong, taking in his side view and memorising his look.

“Jaejoong?” Yunho called, wanting attention from the man after a few minutes of silence between the two of them.

“Hmm?”

“What do you look at?” Yunho asked.

“Look at what?”

“What do you look at when you’re finding for a lover?” Jaejoong frowned a little.

“Why would you ask me that?”

“I just...just want to ask.” Yunho said, shrugging a little.

“Maybe I’m able to fill all the criterias that you wanted.” Jaejoong laughed, hearing what Yunho said.

“What makes you think like that?” Jaejoong asked.

“Now Jaejoong, it’s rude to ask questions before answering a question.” Yunho said and Jaejoong just smiled.

“Hmm...what do I look for in a partner? First, he must be rich.”

“I’m rich.” Yunho answered.

“He must be tall.”

“I’m 1.84m. Can that be considered tall enough for you?”

“He must also be either a director or a chairman of a company.”

“I’m a chairman. Hey, I already fulfilled three of what you wanted.” Yunho exclaimed excitedly. Jaejoong started to laugh and Yunho looked at him, feeling confused.

“What’s wrong?” Yunho asked.

“That’s not what I wanted in a partner.”

“Then?”

“I just want someone who is responsible and strong enough that he will continue living well even without me beside him.” Jaejoong answered truthfully which caused Yunho to become silent.

“You can’t do that, can you?” Jaejoong asked.

“So what you want is someone who will find another person in his life if you leave him? Like that?” Yunho asked, frowning a little.

“Yup. Just like that.”

Yunho wondered for awhile before deciding to ask his question.

“Do I...fit that criteria to you? Do I look like I can be someone like that, Jae?”

“Truthfully, I don’t know...but maybe if I were to spend more time with you, I’ll probably be able to answer you.” Jaejoong said. Yunho took that as a green light for him to continue courting the man.

“So if I were to ask you out tomorrow, would you accept it? This time, with no fake excuses.” Yunho said, hoping for another chance.

“If time permits, I’ll go with you.” Jaejoong replied.

“You’re the boss. I’m sure you’ll be able to do something.”

“Unlike you, I’m a responsible chairman, alright?”

“Hey, I’m responsible too.” Yunho mumbled, pouting a little which caused Jaejoong to laugh at him.

He then smiled seeing that he had made Jaejoong laugh. They heard a car honked and Yunho sees a familiar car belonging to his company.

“Looks like our car is here. Come on, I’ll send you home.” Yunho said, standing up before holding out his hand for Jaejoong to grab. Jaejoong grabbed his hand, allowing Yunho to pull him towards the car.

Thank you for bringing me the car. You can go home now. I’ll take over from here.” Yunho said before bowing respectfully at the older driver.

“Alright, young master. Have a good night.” The driver said before turning to leave.

Throughout that short exchange, Jaejoong kept silent as he observed what Yunho did carefully. Yunho tugged Jaejoong’s hand softly, letting Jaejoong climb into the car. Once Jaejoong was settled down, Yunho got to the driver seat before driving out to the main road.

“So where should I send you?”

“To the most richest road in Seoul. I presume you know where that is?” Jaejoong asked and Yunho nodded.

What Jaejoong meant was the stretch of road where almost all the mansions are properties of the different businessmen in Korea. Jaejoong and Yunho included.

“To think that we stay so near to each other yet we don’t see each other often.” Yunho said.

“Well, like always, I blame that business deal.”

“We should end that contract.”

“And have you take over our company? No thank you, Yunho yah.” Jaejoong said.

“You think I would take over your company if that contract didn’t exist?” Yunho asked.

“Well, your father did that to other companies.” Jaejoong answered with a small pout forming on his mouth.

“Look carefully, Jae. I’m not like my father. I won’t do those things.” Yunho said.

“You said it. I’ll kill you if you try to do that once you get married to Junsu.” Yunho’s smile disappeared when he heard that. He went silent, not wanting to ask the question that he had been keeping inside his mind since just now.

“Yun? Why are you so silent suddenly?” Jaejoong asked, looking at the quiet man.

“I like you, Jae. Be my lover, will you?”