Our Kim Jaejoong

Our Love That Shouldn't Happened

In the hospital room, a young man laid on the bed as he tries to get some rest. He knew his time will be up soon. He is just waiting for himself to go. The door cracked open sightly and he looked to the door, smilling immediately once he sees his little brother.

"Hey Junsu." The man greeted, trying to sit up. The shorter man immediately rush to his older brother, helping him to settle down.

"Be careful, Jaejoong hyung. You just had an attack again just now." Junsu scolded the man but Jaejoong just ignored it.

"Is there something wrong?" Jaejoong asked, pulling Junsu to sit beside him.

"I'm worried. Yoochun said that he's coming here to tell us something. I'm scared. What if something happen-"

"Shh Junsu. I'll be fine. Alright?"

Once Jaejoong said that, his doctor came in with a gloomy face instead of a smiling one like he had always received.

"Must I wait for Heechul hyung or you want me to say it now?" Yoochun asked, holding tightly on his file.

"Let's wait for Heechul-"

"Say it now." Jaejoong immediately interrupted Junsu, not caring at the frown his little brother was throwing at him.

"You sure, Jae?" Yoochun asked and Jaejoong gave him a nod. He was ready for this. He was sure of that.

"Alright." Yoochun said, letting out a sigh. He faced the two brothers, braving himself to say out the bad news.

"He isn't going to last any longer. Maybe about..." Yoochun stopped, looking at Jaejoong and Junsu who was staring back at him as they waited for him to finally say it.

The three in the room knew what was happening. They just didn't have the strength to face the truth.

"Two months?" Yoochun continued, waiting for their reaction. He instantly gets a reaction from Junsu.

"Two months? Jae hyung only has two months?" Junsu asked as Yoochun sees tears already b around the latter's eyes.

"Well, if he gets the heart transplant, he'll live longer." Yoochun said, trying to assure Junsu that there was a solution to that. There was a glimpse of hope in Junsu's eyes and his brother immediately speak up.

"No, Yoochun. I don't want to do a transplant. I have lived through my 27 years with just medicines and not even one heart transplant. That's enough. Other people deserve the heart more than me."

"Well, those people should also know that you deserve it also." Yoochun replied back, frustrated at the same answer he gets every time he talks about a heart transplant.

"Enough, Yoochun. Let's keep this issue a secret. I've already burdened Heechul hyung with my illness. Let me just go quietly." Jaejoong said, assuring the young doctor.

"You're not a burden to me, Jaejoong. How can you say that?" The three of them look to the door where an older man was standing by the frame.

"Answer me, Jaejoong. Did I ever say that you're a burden to me?"

"Heechul hyung-"

"Answer me, Jaejoong!" The man exclaimed, a frown prominent on his face.

"No." Jaejoong mumbled, a tear escaping from his doe eyes. He felt someone hugged him and he hugged the older man back, knowing that it was just his adopted father.

"We'll get through this. You'll do the heart transplant, alright?" Heechul asked, looking at Jaejoong but the sick man just shake his head.

"Honey, don't you want to live anymore?"

"27 years is enough for me. I just hope I can live until Junsu gets married. Once the wedding between him and Jung Yunho is done, I can die peacefully." Jaejoong said and Junsu just frowned even more.

"Don't say it that way. You won't die. I won't let you go so easily." Junsu said, still frowning.

"Come on, now. Just smile. You can frown all you want when I leave."

"Jae hyung!" Jaejoong chuckled, seeing the reaction that Junsu made.

"Must he be admitted today?" Heechul asked Yoochun who was still standing by the bed, staying quiet.

"Uh, it's probably just for one night. I just need to monitor him and he should be able to go back to his routine tomorrow." Yoochun replied and Heechul nod.

"Why, Heechul hyung?" Junsu asked, curious as to why the man asked that.

"Oh, the three of us are meeting the Jung's tomorrow for lunch. But Junsu honey, I'll need you to fill in for your brother. There's a meeting he has to attend in another two hours." Heechul informed.

"Got it." Junsu said, adding a soft sigh behind that. He knew he wasn't suitable for office work but after the small family found out about Jaejoong's illness, Heechul was forced to change his heir to Junsu.

"We should go. Let Jae rest." Heechul said, getting Jaejoong to lie down before giving him a small smile.

"Sleep, darling." Heechul continued before leading the other two out of the room.

"Junsu, I need you to come to my office. There's something I need to pass to you." Yoochun said suddenly, stopping the two Kim's.

"What thing?" Heechul asked, curious as to why the young doctor was calling for Junsu instead of him.

"Just wait in the car, hyung. I'll come soon. I left my keys with him that time." Junsu said and Heechul nodded, turning around to walk to the exit.

As soon as Heechul was out of sight, Yoochun hold on to Junsu's wrist. He pulled the shorter man towards the direction of his office.

"What's wrong, Chunnie?" Junsu asked.

"Later." Yoochun answered, turning the door knob.

"Get in." Yoochun said, already pushing Junsu into the room before looking out as if making sure that no one was looking. Closing the door, he glared at the man sitting on his chair.

"So care to explain?" Yoochun started, waiting for an explanation.

"Explain what?"

"Why are you getting married? You're supposed to be my lover." Junsu immediately rolled his eyes, sighing softly before standing up.

"Do you think I want to get married? Heechul hyung told me I was chosen by the Jung's to get married into their family. And you know how the Jung Family is. They have the power to close down our own company." Junsu answered and his lover just gaped at him.

"Can't you just cancel it?" He asked and Junsu bite onto his lips nervously.

"I tried..." Junsu trailed off and Yoochun looked on for a glimpse of hope.

"The wedding is in a month." Junsu answered.

"What?!" Yoochun screamed out, his hands palming his face when he realises the seriousness of the situation.

"We should go and tell Heechul hyung about us." Yoochun said, nodding to himself.

"And do what? Heechul hyung won't cancel the wedding. You know that clearly. He won't break any promise. Including this one." Junsu answered back.

"Why isn't it Jaejoong who gets married? Technically, he's the CEO. He should be the one marrying, right?"

"They found out about his illness."

"Oh ."