Wedding

Our Love That Shouldn't Happened

It was THE day.

Junsu had woken up even before the sun rise. Sitting on the bed, he pulled his knees together and rest his head on it.

Yoochun was still sleeping soundly beside him, unaware of his lover who had woken up. Junsu lazily trace Yoochun’s hair, tucking a few strands behind his ear.

“I love you.” Junsu lovingly mumbled, his hand caressing Yoochun’s cheek.

Yoochun turned to the other side, facing the empty space instead of Junsu. He stayed that way as the sun rises, waiting for the morning sunshine to shine its rays into the room. Junsu takes his time memorising Yoochun’s face, afraid that once the day is over, this would be the last time he’s going to see the young doctor.

Just as the clock strikes seven in the morning, there was a soft knock on the door followed by Jaejoong opening the door slightly. Jaejoong was surprised to see that his brother had woken up so early.

“I thought you would have slept in today.” Jaejoong said, entering the room once he had Junsu’s permission.

“I couldn’t. I needed time to think. Alone.” Junsu replied, a sad tone in his voice.

“Things will be alright. Just give it some time.” His older brother advised, sitting on the couch.

“How do you do it, Jae hyung? Sacrificing your love just for the company. How do you two do it? Breaking up just like that. Mutually.” Junsu said, wondering how much hurt and pain was his brother in.

Afterall, his brother was going to see his lover getting married to another person.

“We all have our own obligations and purpose in life. Sometimes, sacrificing oneself for the sake of others is honourable.”

“This is honour to you?” Junsu questioned.

“No...I try to think of it as leaving Yunho with happiness. Instead of leaving him with sadness once I’m gone.” Hearing that, Junsu looked at Yoochun who was still sleeping soundly before looking back at his brother.

“Can I stay in your room, Jae hyung?” Junsu asked, wanting to stay away from Yoochun because he couldn’t bear to face Yoochun.

“Of course. Come on.” Jaejoong said, standing up.

“I’ll leave you two alone...to bid your goodbyes. I’ll be in my room, Junsu.” Jaejoong left the room.

Junsu gets down from the bed, walking to Yoochun’s side of the bed. He kneeled in front of the sleeping man, smiling slightly seeing how calm Yoochun looked.

“Goodbye my love.” Junsu whispered, placing a soft kiss on Yoochun’s lips.

Junsu left the room, deciding to get ready for the wedding that would happen in just a few hours.


Those few hours that Junsu had hoped to be long immediately passed once Junsu was ushered everywhere to get ready. Sitting down in the waiting room of the wedding hall, Junsu could finally breathe and get a short rest.

He looked into the mirror, admiring the black suit that he was wearing but at the back of his mind, he was still worried over Yoochun.

“Junsu yah!” The said man blinked, snapping out of his daze. He immediately smile when his eyes fall on his brother standing behind him.

“You know...you can still go now and see him. It’s not too late.” Jaejoong said, knowing clearly that Junsu was thinking about Yoochun.

“Even if I want to, how am I going to pass those two boulders outside?” Junsu asked, referring to the two bulky security personnel standing guard outside his room.

“You know Heechul hyung is a little paranoid after the stunt that we did. Don’t blame him, alright?” Junsu shake his head today, understanding well that what his father did were just precautions.

“Is he here yet?” Junsu asked.

“After Heechul hyung sent him home, Yoochun came with his family. They’re having their refreshments now. Do you want me to call him for you?”

“No never mind.” Junsu answered, deciding that it was better not to see Yoochun before the wedding.

“I’m going to check outside for awhile. Get some rest.” Jaejoong said, placing his hand on Junsu’s shoulder as he tried to reassure his little brother that everything was going to be alright.

Jaejoong walked out of the room, a big smile plastered on his face as he greeted the guests in the wedding hall. Right when Jaejoong was left alone, the smile vanished instantly.

Jaejoong knew he was stalling.

His heart was in physical pain but he wanted to stay until the end of the wedding.

“The wedding must still go on. Come on, work with me here.” Jaejoong thought to himself, trying to will himself to resist the pain. His smile came back a few seconds later when his father had called him out.

“Yes hyung?”

“Did you remember to eat your medicine today?”

Jaejoong rolled his eyes at the question, masking any signs of pain,  but Heechul insisted for an answer.

“Let’s see...in this last hour, you asked me that exact same question 3 times. The hour before that, you asked me the same question 5 times an-”

“Alright alright!” Heechul cut his son off from listing the total number of times he have asked that question.

“I’m just worried. Yoochun said you wouldn’t...you know...survive this long.” Heechul said. He wanted to keep his hopes up but anything can go wrong to Jaejoong.

“I’m fine, Dad.” Jaejoong said, placing his hand on his father’s shoulder. Jaejoong smiled at the man before taking his leave, making up an excuse to greet some of the guests that have just arrived.

Instead, Jaejoong swallowed a few more tablets down his throat before going to check with the band to make sure that everything was in order. He walks pass the groom room, the place where Yunho was waiting for the ceremony to start.

Jaejoong had wanted to just walk off but his body stopped just when he remembered Yunho was in the room. It was as if Jaejoong’s body reacted to the thought of Yunho sitting in the room.

Before he knew it, his hand had reached out for the door knob and he was walking into the room.

“Who is it?” Jaejoong heard Yunho asked from inside the room as the door comes to a close.

The man he was in love with was sitting in front of the mirror, trying to fix his tie that had become undone. Yunho finally looked up through the mirror when the person who had just entered the room didn’t answer.

“Jae.” The said man smile, lips trembling slightly.

“What are you doing here?” Yunho asked, standing up and walking to the man immediately.

Yunho opened the door slightly, eyes surveying the corridor. Once he was sure that they were going to be alone for awhile, he closes the door and lock it. Finally facing Jaejoong, Yunho let out a heavy sigh.

“I miss you.” Yunho said, hands cupping Jaejoong’s face so he can look into Jaejoong’s eyes properly.

“I...I wanted to see you. At least for the last time before...before everything happens later.” Jaejoong said, knowing clearly that he has not much time left.

He can feel his heart beat slower than usual, his life force away as time passes.

“You will live. I think that’s how I fall in love with you. When I first saw you, it was from a picture but your eyes...it showed me determination to live. While me...I was just a chairman who had to take the seat because of his family. I had no direction before I met you, Jae. So believe in yourself. You will live.” Yunho said, hands moving down to grab Jaejoong’s hands.

“Why are your hands so cold, babe?” Yunho asked immediately, blowing into Jaejoong’s hands as he tried to warm them up.

“I’m fine. It was a little chilly outside.” Jaejoong said, pulling his hands away from Yunho’s tight hold.

“Let me fix your tie for you.” Jaejoong reached out for the tie, making sure that it was placed neatly before tying it.

“Hey, did you remember? You helped me with my vest at the bridal shop that time.” Yunho said, reminiscing on those sweet memories.

“Oh you mean the one where you stood in front of me almost ?” Jaejoong asked, laughing once he remembered the look Yunho had when Jaejoong caught him only in his boxers.

“Why do you remember those embarrassing ones?” Yunho asked, wanting to forget about that.

Once Jaejoong was done with the tie, Yunho brings him to stand in front of a long mirror. Yunho had his arms wrapped around Jaejoong as he rest his head on Jaejoong’s shoulder.

“Stand properly. I want to see you.” Jaejoong said, pulling the man to stand beside him. Jaejoong had his arm wrapped around Yunho’s hand as the two of them look into the mirror.

“We look good together.” Yunho said, admiring at the contrast of his black suit and Jaejoong’s white suit. Jaejoong sigh, a small teardrop escaping down his cheeks.

“Do you remember? We had our first kiss like this.” Yunho said, almost whispering. He returned to his former position, hugging the man from behind. Yunho leaned in for a kiss and Jaejoong closes his eyes, coming towards Yunho.

Their lips finally meet for a while, the two men staying that way as long as they can.

Jaejoong felt more tears but he continued kissing Yunho, not wanting to let go. Yunho finally decides to let go first, pulling away from Jaejoong.

“Please don’t cry, Jae.” Yunho wipe those tears that were still on Jaejoong’s face.

“I won’t be able to go on with the wedding like this.” He continued, hugging the man.

“I love you, Yunho.” Jaejoong cried out, hugging Yunho tightly.

The door knob rattled before three knocks were on the door.

“Hey, Jung Yunho. Open up.” Yunho heard Changmin’s voice coming from the other side of the door.

“I love you. So much.” Yunho said, looking at Jaejoong. He placed one last kiss on Jaejoong’s forehead before he went to unlock the door.

Changmin walked in casually, not expecting another person in the room with Yunho.

“Now I get why you locked the door.” Changmin said, bowing slightly at Jaejoong.

“It’s time. The ceremony is going to start soon. You’re called to the altar, Yunho. But...I can give you two a few more minutes to spare.” The man continued.

“No it’s fine. I was going out anyway.” Jaejoong said, walking to Yunho and placing his hand on Yunho’s cheek. He let his hand linger there for a few seconds before leaving the room.

“I thought you two broke off? You came back together?” Changmin asked, once they were alone.

“That was the last.” Yunho bitterly said. “Come on. We can’t start unless I’m there.”


Jaejoong walks to the front of the wedding hall. All the guests were seated in the hall. The host had just announced that Yunho had arrived at the altar. A smile was on Jaejoong’s face when he sees Junsu waiting nervously for him outside the hall.

“I can’t believe I can actually see you getting married.” Jaejoong said, acting like a proud parent.

“Let’s just get on with this and be done with it. Where were you anyway? Heechul hyung was looking for you.” Junsu said, wondering where his brother had gone to.

“Heechul hyung is probably going to ask me whether I feel fine or not.” Jaejoong said monotonously. Junsu nod in approval before asking.

“You’re feeling fine, right?”

“Yes.” Jaejoong dragged his answer just before the host announced the start of the ceremony. Junsu hook his arm around Jaejoong and the door to the wedding hall finally opens.

Right down the aisle, Jaejoong sees Yunho waiting for him.

The two brothers walked down the aisle, following the music played by the band. Junsu looked to the audience, cracking a smile when he finally sees Yoochun who was sitting beside Heechul. Their eyes glistened, tears threatening to leave any second now.

They finally reached the end of the aisle. Yunho hold out his hand, unconsciously asking for Jaejoong’s hand. When he realises it, Yunho moved his hand slightly to Junsu.

Jaejoong took another deep breath before passing Junsu’s hand to Yunho. Their fingers graze each other before Jaejoong left, sitting beside Heechul.

His father hold on to his hand tight, knowing how hard it must be for Jaejoong to witness this. Junsu took a final look at Yoochun before standing on the altar together with Yunho.

They stand side by side, ready to commit their lives to one another. At least just for a short while.

That was what both men had thought.

“We are gathered here to witness another relationship blossom into a committed life to one another. Do you, Jung Yunho, take Kim Junsu, as your partner for life, in sickness and in health?” The minister asked, making it short just like how the parents of the couple wanted it.

“I do.” Yunho firmly answered. He could almost hear his mother celebrating while sitting behind him.

“Do you, Kim Junsu, take Jung Yunho, as your partner for life, in sickness and in health?”

“I do.” Junsu said, softer than Yunho.

“Well then, with the powers vested in me, I now pronounce you as partners.” With that said, Jaejoong let out another soft sigh. A few more tears rolled down his face but it was immediately wiped away.

“You may exchange your rings.” Jaejoong looked on as Changmin stepped up, holding on to two identical rings.

Junsu and Yunho face each other, each getting a ring before putting it on the other. The hall was immediately filled with applause as Junsu and Yunho bowed to the guests that were there to attend their wedding ceremony.

“Uhh...there’s still the kiss.” The minister said but Changmin handled it swiftly, explaining that there was no need for that as the couple wanted privacy when it comes to intimate things.

The newly wedded couple walked down the aisle, amidst confetti and rose petals raining down from the ceiling. They started shaking hands with the guests on the way out. Heechul stands up, walking to the Jung Family.

“So now the deal is done. I hope you quickly get the profits you wanted and leave my family alone.” Heechul said. Jaejoong looked on, standing up when he finally couldn’t see the couple because everyone else was standing.

His hand gripped tightly on the seat, the pain in his heart intensifying.

“No...not now...just wait till I’m alone...please…” Jaejoong told himself, tears coming down rapidly because of the pain he felt.

He finally closes his eyes, not being able to stand the pain any longer.