Supper in the Office

Our Love That Shouldn't Happened

As soon as he had stopped his car, Yunho had regretted it but there was no turning back seeing that the man was already standing outside of his house.

“Hi.” Yunho said, greeting Junsu in such a dry manner.

“It’s so late at night. What are you doing here?” Junsu asked, crossing his arms before motioning Yunho to follow him in.

“Ah no. I just want to see your brother. He left something.” Junsu stared at the man suspiciously.

“At the bridal shop that time. He left this weird...key or something. I’m here to give it to him.” Yunho explained, lying through his teeth before flashing the man a charming smile.

“Jae hyung isn’t home. You can just give it to me. Where is it?” Junsu asked, holding out his hand.

“Ahh...I think it would be better if I give it to him personally. I have some business ventures that I would like to discuss with him.” At that, Junsu rolled his eyes.

“What’s with everyone being such a workaholic? He is in the office, working late. You can find him there. Just tell the receptionist that I let you in.”

“Yeah sure. Thanks and...goodnight.” Yunho bowed slightly, turning away immediately.

“Hey.”

Yunho stopped, looking back at the man who had called him.

“Don’t you...Are you sure you want to marry me?” Junsu asked. Yunho frowned, hearing that.

“Weren’t you the one who agreed to it?” Yunho questioned, deciding to walk back to the man. As soon as he stood right in front of Junsu, he sees the man cower down slightly.

“Is there...something you’re hiding from me?”

“What? No no...obviously not. I just...I was just curious why you agree to it so readily.” Junsu explained.

“My company needs this relationship to work. So, I, as the chairman, has to sacrifice some things for the good of the company.” Yunho replied before deciding to leave.

“Does that mean sacrificing your love life too?” Junsu asked. Yunho stopped right at the moment he had opened his car door.

“You don’t want to know, Mr Kim. Goodnight.” Yunho said, getting inside and driving off to that building where his love of his life is working.

Jaejoong had stayed late into the night in the office, wanting to finish up some work. Yet he kept getting distracted every minute or another, looking at his phone to see if Yunho had called or text him. For the umpteenth time, Jaejoong looked away from his file. This time with a smile as he sees that he had received a call.

“Yun-”

“Jae hyung.” Jaejoong stopped himself from rambling out apologies.

“Yes Junsu.”

“Jung Yunho is going to see you. I thought I should just give you a heads up. Just in case you decide to just leave your office.”

“Ah...oh! Thank you, Junsu ah.”

“Umm...ok...Just don’t go home late. You and him are most probably from the same group. You boring working people.” Jaejoong laughed hearing that.

“Go to sleep, Su.”

“Fine fine I will...don’t forget to eat your medicine.” Jaejoong hanged up after that, opening up his drawer that was filled with his medicine.

Taking it out, he looked around. He sighed, popping the medicine into his mouth one by one. As expected, Yunho came into Jaejoong’s office with two packs of food a while later.

“Junsu called me to let me know you’re going to come by.”

“Oh. Yeah. Hungry?” Yunho asked, holding up the food slightly.

“You’re lucky I’m famished.” Jaejoong answered and Yunho sat down in front of Jaejoong, taking out the noodles that he had bought while on his way to Jaejoong’s office. They both went silent as Jaejoong closes his file before looking at Yunho who was preparing the food.

“Listen, Yunho.” He reached out for Yunho’s hand, stopping any movement in the cold room.

“I need to talk about-”

“Eat.” Yunho said, moving again as he placed a pair of chopsticks on Jaejoong’s pack of noodles. “But-”

“Eat Jaejoong. We can talk later.” Jaejoong stared at Yunho, trying to look into Yunho’s eyes but the man kept looking down, deciding to look at the noodles instead. He picked up the chopsticks, following what Yunho said but Jaejoong placed it back down the next second.

“Yunho, look at me. Please.” This time, the man finally looked into Jaejoong’s eyes.

“I can explain about what happened this morning. And I will understand if you want to leave me the moment you know about it.”

“Not now Jae, please.” Yunho said but Jaejoong pushed on, wanting to tell him everything.

Everything about his life.

How he is sick and how he is going to leave soon.

“No Yunho. This morning, I took that phone call from your father and I fainted. It wasn’t because I was exhausted or tired. For that, I thank you for bringing me to the hospital. You saved my life by sending me to the hospital as soon as possible and I-”

“Who is Dr Park Yoochun to you?” Yunho finally said the question that he had wanted to ask ever since seeing that picture.

“Yoochun? He’s my doctor. My family’s doctor.” Jaejoong answered, wondering why was Yunho asking about Yoochun instead of listening to him.

“Your family’s doctor. But he has been with you for your whole life. Every event, every school day, he is always there beside you. Who is he exactly, Jae?”

“I told you, he’s my doctor. Just listen to me! I’m-” Jaejoong was cut off by a phone ringing.

“Hold on.” Yunho said, answering the call.

“Yunho, where are you?”

“I’m in Jaejoong’s office. What do you want?”

“You need to get out from there and meet me at your house now. I have news for you that I don’t think you can accept it through a phone call.” Yunho sensed the urgency and panic in Changmin’s tone but he had wanted to stay with Jaejoong and straighten out things between Jaejoong and him.

“Changmin, what the hell is going on here?”

“Just get the hell out of there now and meet me in your house! Hurry!” Changmin finally hanged up on Yunho.

“You better get here soon, Jung.” Changmin mumbled to himself, looking down at the brown file he was holding.


Hey guys!!! Sorry for the late update. I will try to update again once I have the time.

Thanks for the comments and hope you stay around for the next chap! ^.^