Solitude

100 Themed MBLAQ One Shots

"NURSE! WE NEED A DAMN NURSE!" The head doctor's voice echoed throughout the small hospital, making Joon, the one in charge that day immediately rose up and ran to the direction of the voice.

When he got into the crowd (well, maybe not that crowded, the hospital didn't really need that much doctor anyways) he looked at the patient. He was a young man, probably Joon's age, 3 years older tops. The patient was unconcious of the surrounding, as far as Joon knew. He was wondering of who he was when the doctor yelled at hm again. "YAH! Why are you just staring? Come on help us!"

 

***

 

Joon was standing next to the really rare John Doe in the hospital's bed, he was curious on who the other actually was. He lived in a small village, where everyone knew everyone and everyone treated each other like family. So foreign faces was really not that hard to recognize. He tried to remember everything, whether the John Doe was someone that used to live here, and went to the city for education, parent's jobs, or anything, but no avail, he remembered nothing.

Joon sighed deeply as he checked his watch, he'd love to hang around and do some research on who the guy really was, but he still was in his shift, and there was a really nice old lady that always gave Joon cookies who was also sick in this hospital that was in need of his care. So he decided to just abandon the John Doe's case for now and take care of the other first.

 

It wasn't until his next shift did Joon saw the John Doe awake. Which kind of surprised him at first since he wasn't expecting a conscious guy in the room, moreover an one-hundred-percent-healthy-and-was-reading-a-book guy. He approached the patient's bed with the intention of starting small talk with the other, trying to find out a little bit more about this John Doe.

"Are you feeling better?" He asked, smiling at the other.

"Ah, yes. Thank you for your concern." He lifted his head from the book and smiled at Joon.

"Uhm, may I ask who's your name? I've never seen you before." This time, Joon was answered by a small chuckle.

"Well, do you know anyone here?" Joon just looked at him strangely and nodded slowly, unsure of why the other even questioned that. "Ah, really?" His eyes widened. "W-well, sorry.. I barely even knew my neighbors back in Seoul." He mumbled the last part barely audibly. "Well, anyways, I'm Yang Seungho." Joon nodded and started scribbling on the man's profile, happy to finally able to fill in the name space.

"You are from Seoul?" Joon restarted the conversation.

"Yea"

"Woa, I never knew someone from the big city would even consider to move somewhere like this." He admitted truthfully.

"It's nice, really.. Everything's so calm and slow. Plus, this is actually my mom's hometown." He grinned at Joon.

 

***

 

Joon had beed close to Seungho the past few months, since the older kept fainting which led him to be admitted to hospital, and joon took care of him. Joon noticed the frequency of the other's hospital visits were increasing, which caused him to worry, especially since the small hospital in their village didn't have enough technology to diagnose the older.

"Hyung, why are you here, really?" Joon said, looking at the side of the other' face.

"What are you talking about? You're the one who whined and said it's better to take a fresh air." Seungho sent him a questioning stare as they continued to walk. Joon rolled his eyes.

"No, not in the park, I meant why are you in this small, poor village? You lived in Seoul. I bet they could diagnose and cure you there." He tried to explain.

"Nah, I've been this sick for almost fifteen years now, and they haven't been able to help me at all." He admitted, which caused Joon to be surprised, he knew that the other had been sick even before he got here, but fifteen years was indeed a long time.

"But still, they must've been able to at least slow down your disease." He tried to reason.

"I don't need that, everyone would die eventually, so why should I stayed in a single hospital room while spending my last days?" Hearing that, Joon got a little scared.

"But... aren't you scared? Of deaths?" Seungho looked up at the sky when he heard Joon's question, as if he was thinking about his answer. He sighed deeply and smiled at the other before answering.

"Why should I? Deaths is merely an absence of life. Which meant that we are indeed dead when we were not fully alive, and being confined in a room against your will is not truly being alive.And people said that what made deaths difficult and terrifying is the partings, the way we have to say goodbye to everything, everyone we loved and loved us. But now, my parents are gone, my friends.. I don't have them since I have been hospitalized for a really long time, even siblings I don't have, so I have nothing to lose. Quite honestly, I'm in so much pain, I almost can't wait for death to come and take me." Seungho explained, a little too poet-y to Joon's liking, but he understood the other completely.

 

***

 

"Isn't it pretty?" Seungho asked softly as he pointed at the stars above the sky. They were both standing in Seungho's mother old house's rooftop. "I never knew people back then had thought about an open rooftop." 

"Yeah, it's nice, an open rooftop." They quited down and just stared at the sky above them. Joon didn't know why, but since Seungho's short visit to Seoul a few weeks prior, he had been extra clingy and outgoing, which is kind of scary for him.

It had been what felt like hours since they last talked, But none of them felt bored or even awkward with such a long silence. They both were just enjoying each other's presence.

"Joon.." Seungho's shaky voice broke the silence. Joon was surprised, since he never ever saw the other not smiling. He was like a ball of sunshine. And it broke his heart to see Seungho's eye reddened and a single tear rolled down his cheeks, but still looking up to the stars, as if nothing had happened. 

"I- I don't want to die." Joon could swear there was an actual pain in his chest when he heard that. Of course it's a normal sentence if only anyone else but Seungho said it, but Seungho never was the one who was afraid of death, now Joon was sure what Seungho heard in Seoul must not be anything good.

"H-hyung?" 

"I'm stupid I know. I'm eating my own words. I really thought I'm ready, but now when the time is actually close.." He stopped and took a deep breath, trying to calm himself. "Maybe it's not because the time is close.. It's you, Joon. I am sure if I haven't met you I would be okay to die.. But now.. I told you before haven't I? People said that what made deaths difficult and terrifying is the partings, the way we have to say goodbye to everything, everyone we loved and loved us. I used to have no one. But now, I- I love you, Joon." Now Joon was sure he was a sobbing mess, he even felt a lump in his throat and everything.

"I love you too, hyung.." He said softly as he moved closer and hugged the other's back softly.

"Can you promise to be here until I'm gone?" 

"I promise."


WHOA That's a close call. I almost killed him.
But I didn't. YAY I DIDN'T KILL SEUNGHO~


I don't know whether people actually read the news feed but my phone decided to reboot itself and my LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG One shot I've been working on for at least five days dissapeared.

65390312.gif

I'm trying to rewrite it but I can't remember how it goes

tumblr_li5uxdmhoL1qe85h1.gif

So I decided to just write it about a month from now (or a year) I'm lazy.. forgive me

thunder.gif

Aw isn't Doongie so cute XD He's slowly climbing up my bias list.

tumblr_mjlvvczrfh1rt3xg3o1_400.gif

dafuq.gif

(Do you need me to show you my awesomeness?)

tumblr_mbun6jfR6f1r5gev7o2_r1_250.gif   tumblr_mbun6jfR6f1r5gev7o3_r1_250.gif

NO. I'LL BE YOUR BIASED FOREVER.

 

Well as you can see I just figured out what gifs are actually for.
So pardon this ridiculosly long a/n.

tumblr_m2826jKT981qk8b3ao1_r1_500.gif