Curiousity Killing My Insides

Coffee and Tea

I felt like I had to update something. Enjoy this you guys. Comment below if you want. :) Highly appreciated.


 

Nichkhun was at a loss for words. He was practically driving himself to the brink of insanity just by thinking about---OF ALL THE PEOPLE IN THE WORLD---Wooyoung. He kept pacing around his room, trying to decipher this mysterious puzzle that had been haunting him since his conversation with Taecyeon earlier, but it was clearly not getting anywhere.

 

"Why did he have to keep it a secret from me?!" Nichkhun slammed a fist on the table, gritting his teeth in frustration. "Maybe it's because I can't accept a gay relationship? GOD! This is TOO MUCH! I mean, really Youngie, you're my best friend. I could try to accept your relationship with Taec. You don't have to keep this a secret from me." For some reason, after he mentioned the last two sentences, his heart was beating rapidly again, and his insides were churning madly.

 

He paced around his room once more, thinking hard about this. "Maybe...you're embarassed? Oh gosh, I know I've been a for ignoring your...ual talks. But I just can't level myself to give you advice on gays when I'm reluctant myself. But WHY KEEP THIS A SECRET?! This is frustrating. I need a drink...no, wait..." The Thai fell back onto his bed and thought even harder.

 

"What if....just...w-what if Taec was lying?" This was a different perspective altogether, and it made him blush just thinking further about it. "What if...Wooyoung really likes me?" And then he shook his head violently, trying to dismiss this idea. "NO WAY! I won't believe Youngie is going to that extent just to impress me! NU-UH! NO WAY! Anyway, how would stretching exercises impress me?"

 

Suddenly, someone knocked on his bedroom door, interrupting his train of thoughts. He simply ignored it, but his youngest sister went in anyway. "Bro, what's with the noise? I'm trying to practice my script." She pouted angrily, glaring at him.

 

"Sis, not now, ok?" Nichkhun said bitterly, waving a lazy hand at her. "I'm busy right now."

 

"You don't look busy." Chereen retorted. "You were pacing around the room for the last three hours, making unnecesary noises and chanting out Wooyoung's name non-stop. It's like..." She mentally calculated something in her head and then continued, "...the tenth time you said his name."

 

'Chereen, could you get out for a moment? I'm trying to think." Nichkhun turned his head to face his sister and there she was, grinning at him. He somehow knew what she was about to say next.

 

"You like him, don't you, bro?"

 

"What?" Colour was creeping up to his cheeks. He was burning inside for some odd reason. "H-how could you even say that? I'm not gay."

 

"Oh really?" She crossed her arms and leaned against the door frame. "Explain the slight blush on your cheeks then. And also the sweat on your forehead." Damn her, she was cunning. Nichkhun saw her haughtily raised eyebrows. She meant business. He sat up on his bed and stared at her.

 

"Hmph. I was exercising just now. That explains the sweat. And as for Wooyoung, he was my....m-motivation." The Thai stuttered, and then cleared his throat. Chereen wasn't amused. She knew he was lying.

 

"Just admit it, bro. When was it ever wrong to be ually attracted to the same ?"

 

"You of all people are the least I expected that statement to come from." Nichkhun chuckled at this, somehow proud that his sister had grown up so much since he last saw her. "Anyway, sorry for the noise." He apologized sincerely. Chereen accepted it gratefully and promptly left the room. Once she was out of sight, Nichkhun quickly whipped out his phone and dialled Wooyoung's number, hoping to get a direct answer from the black-headed boy himself.

 

It wasn't what he expected though. Instead of hearing Wooyoung's voice, Nichkhun was surprised to hear Taecyeon's voice on the other line, greeting him chirpily. "Hey~ Khunnie, hyung."

 

"Taec? Where's Youngie?"

 

"Oh, my boyfriend?" Taecyeon purposely quoted. Nichkhun's eyebrows were almost converging into a monobrow as he narrowed them closer. He steadied his voice and tried to sound cheerful as he replied, "That's funny, Taec! I mean, come on, you just found out he was in l-love with you a few hours back. And suddenly you guys are a c-couple?"

 

"Well, I found out about his little secret. So there's no point in keeping it hidden anymore. I might as well take him as my boyfriend. Oh, look at him, he's so cute when he's just standing there, looking at the menu." Taecyeon squealed in a girly way. It only caused to irritate Nichkhun further, but the Thai managed to maintain calm. Hell, calm was a bad word right now, but nobody cared.

 

"W-where are you guys?" He asked the big guy. Taecyeon quickly replied, "His favourite cafe. Have you been here?"

 

Nichkhun gripped his phone tighter. Wooyoung asked him once if he would like to hang out at the cafe but the Thai flatly refused to follow the boy. It wasn't because he had a personal vendetta for coffee and tea, but mainly because he knew Wooyoung's conversation would eventually lead to....unwanted questions, like what do you think about guys? It just wasn't something Nichkhun preferred to discuss over a cup of coffee. If it was about girls, then he would be happy to hop along. He just felt sorry for Wooyoung after that, looking so put out and demotivated.

 

Right now, he can't believe Wooyoung was finally switching over to the big guy. And Taecyeon could so easily say yes! It really pissed Nichkhun off, but for what reason, the Thai couldn't say. He wasn't sure.

 

"No." He answered Taecyeon's question. Regret was beginning to sound like a friend.

 

"That's too bad. Well, I just wonder what kind of coffee he'll be getting today. I got him the white chocolate mocha earlier, but he wanted something strong. I guess he's not feeling too well today."

 

"Is he okay now? I mean, with his muscles and all."

 

"I'm not sure. I hope he'll heal faster. I mean, I feel bad knowing he got hurt because of me. Anyway, hyung, he ordered his drink already. I'll talk to you later. Oh yeah, I hope you don't mind this."

 

"Don't mind what?"

 

"Since you don't want him, I guess I can take him right?" This was the second time Taecyeon knew he had nailed it. Nichkhun did not reply, colour draining from his face. What did Taecyeon mean by 'not wanting Wooyoung'? Since when he wanted Wooyoung in the first place?

 

"W-what are you saying? Why would I want Wooyoung?" Nichkhun was really khunfused right now. OH GOSH! He really can't wait to get back to Korea now and settle all this....misunderstanding he was having.

 

There was a stunned silence between them as Nichkhun momentarily lost his bearing. Taecyeon cunningly took this as an advantage and added, "See you in a few days, hyung! I'll call you when I have time, but I guess I'll be busy with my date," before ending the call.

 

Nichkhun stared dumfoundedly at his phone, wondering what was going on right now.

 

___________________________

 

Back at the cafe, Wooyoung noticed Taecyeon had been talking to someone on the phone. After he ordered his drink, he quickly returned to their table and asked, "Who's that, hyung?"

 

"Nichkhun." Taecyeon replied bluntly. Wooyoung was shocked to see his phone in Taecyeon's hands. "Did he call my phone?"

 

"Yeah, you were getting coffee, so I answered the call. Anyway, Khun is coming back in a few days. Are you planning to get him anything? I'm happy to help you choose a gift." The big guy said, smiling at his dongsaeng.

 

"Maybe....I'll think about it tomorrow. I'm really beat right now. Yoga practice was tough today."

 

"So how far can you split your legs already?"

 

"I'll show you when we get home."

 

They hung out for a while at the cafe and reminisced on their trainee days. By evening, they returned to the dorm together, wondering what to have for dinner. Four thousand miles away in Thailand, Nichkhun was ready to maul someone. He kept thinking about Wooyoung even when it was impossible to think about anything. Like when he was talking to his grandmother, he would usually think about...well, toenails and such, but not even toenails could distract his thoughts away from Wooyoung.

 

He tossed and turned in bed, unable to fall asleep. "ARGH! This is seriously pissing me off! Why am I so irritated about this?!"

 

Chereen heard everything, of course, being placed in a room right next to Nichkhun's. She decided to give Wooyoung a little call tomorrow, just to check what's going on.

 

_______________________________