Finale - Concert

Coffee and Tea

Ok, here it is. The 'may-be' final chapter. Or not. I'm not sure. Lol. I'm going to update this all the way for today. So expect a lot of action and drama. This will be divided into two parts (or three?). It had to...huhu T_T bloody long of a chapter. And I'm writing this with blood, sweat and tears. Ok, minus blood.

 

But there will be blood in the story. I don't mean to scare you guys so soon. Read on!

 

_________________________

 

Wooyoung had been notified of the change in plans four days back. Taecyeon called him. He didn't quite oppose it, but he was a little scared. No one from the company was there to see if his dance moves were still good, and the last time he promoted y Lady was three months back. The last thing he wanted to do was to mess the whole concert up. And his part came at the very end, so the pressure was a lot higher than he thought. Taking a deep breath, he sat in the alcove of his mum's flower garden, and tried to keep his mind blank. No worries, no expectation, just a peace of mind....

 

Fortunately, he had been too busy practicing y Lady to think of the Thai much. Nichkhun Buck Horjevkul.....the guy he fell head over heels for the last two years.....it was just sad to let it all go in mere days. But for the sake of his sanity, and for the people he cared about, it was one of the biggest sacrifices he had to make for himself.

 

"Baby bro! Are you ready to leave?" Junhwa called out from the kitchen window.

 

"Yeah. I'm ready." He replied, and got up from the patch of grass he was sitting on. After taking one last look around his mother's garden, he quickly made his way back into the house and checked himself in the mirror one last time.

 

"It'll be a bit difficult to get past security later. Put on a cap and your hoodie." His mother advised. Wooyoung would not have obeyed if he had a choice, but since this was their largest concert in Busan so far, he had to go prepared. The fans would tear him apart if they recognized him. She gave him a worried look before placing a loving kiss on his temple. "Good luck up there tonight, dear. I'll be rooting for you at home. Sorry I can't make it."

 

He kissed her back on the forehead and said, "It's ok, eomma. Take care of harabeoji." He was sad that his family couldn't attend the concert, but his grandfather needed all the support he could get at the hospital. "Say hi to him for me. I'll go visit him again when I come back here."

 

"Baby bro, did you put your luggage in the car yet?" Junhwa suddenly asked.

 

Wooyoung nodded his head and glanced at his parents one last time. He was going back to Seoul that night with the guys, and he wasn't sure about the next time he'll be returning to Busan. They smiled warmly at him and bid him farewell. With Junhwa as the driver, they made their way to the concert site, and sure enough, the whole place was already packed with fans. They loitered around the entrance area, lining up in a stretch so long, Wooyoung couldn't even see the end. Street vendors were probably making a lot of profit that night, shuffling amongst the crowd to sell merchandises of 2PM and food stuff. Wooyoung also saw wannabe dancers setting up the mood, with 2PM's music blaring out from somewhere. They were good, he had to admit. Really good.

 

The hardest part was getting through the crowd. Anyone could recognize him, eventhough it was already quite dark outside. Neon sticks illumnated the whole street, casting enough light to see and move in the dark. Junhwa parked the car within a walking distance. She told her dongsaeng to stay put before getting out to check if the coast was clear. Then she gave the signal and promptly grabbed his bag from the backseat. He followed her closely from behind, not straying out of sight. His cap was drawn downward to cover his face. It was the worst disguise, considering how obvious he was, but it was still better than walking out in the open.

 

Junhwa took his arm firmly, leading the way. They managed to get closer to the back door. The concert was held in Busan's old stadium, but it was big enough for a crowd of 250,000. He glanced nervously at the waiting crowd around him and thought he saw someone familiar. Maybe it was just his imagination....but that person looked very much like Nichkhun.

 

They eventually reached the back door, but the amount of people waiting there was tremendous in itself. He gawked at the sight of 2PM's fans, begging the guards to let them peek at the boys. The guards were adamant though. They kept a straight face, while their hands did all the work. One after another was shoved back until Wooyoung found himself forced to the front. Junhwa was struggling to remain upright beside him. She held on to his bag for dear life, but taking pity of her, quickly took it from her and shoved over to the guards.

 

"Get back all of you. No one is allowed to go in except personnels and staff members." One of the guards said.

 

"I'm a staff member." Wooyoung reasoned. "I'm just late for my duty."

 

Someone suddenly grabbed his bag and yanked it away from him. "Yah, lying won't get you anywhere, you bastard." The girl snapped. Her friends stood behind her, throwing him dirty looks. Wooyoung was glad he had his cap then. Junhwa suddenly stepped forward and shouted back, "Don't you dare talk to my dongsaeng like that!"

 

"Mwo? He just lied about being a staff member just so he could go inside. As 2PM's biggest fans, we won't allow that to happen. If you want to see the boys so badly, you'll have to wait for the concert to begin." She took the bag and tossed it aside. Wooyoung bit his lips. He couldn't bring himself to hit anyone that moment. After all, they were fans of his group. But he didn't know the situation could get this bad.

 

Junhwa shot daggers at the girl before bending down to pick up the bag. She passed it over to her dongsaeng before stepping in front of the girl again in a menacing manner. "Apologize to him." She ordered.

 

The girl and her friends only laughed in return, rolling their eyes as they exchanged sarcastic glances. One of them spoke, "We don't apologize to liars."

 

More and more people from the crowd began to join in. Soon, it was obvious something big was about to happen. Junhwa rooted her feet to the ground and kept her stand, keeping her wary eyes on the girl and her goons, while Wooyoung glanced around nervously at the growing onlookers.He wanted to sneak off quietly but he couldn't leave his sister like this. So instead, he tried to persuade her to leave. "We'll find another way in." He whispered into her ear.

 

She brushed him off and said, "No, they don't have the right to treat you like and not apologize after that. I will not allow it."

 

"Yah, old woman, you can beg and plead all you want, but we won't apologize to liars. Anyway, it's best you guys leave before the concert starts. You'll only be an eyesore to the boys."

 

"Mwo?! Old woman? Yah!" Junhwa reached forward and tried to grab her, but the girl's friends were already on alert. They dashed forward and pushed Junhwa back, causing her to fall on her . She threw back curses at them, mocking their disrespectful behaviour towards an older person. Wooyoung dropped his bag and quickly went over to assist his sister.

 

The girl suddenly yanked his arm away and shoved him back. The crowd were roaring at the whole scene now, chanting out Fight! Fight! Fight! without a care in the world. No one bothered to step foward and help Junhwa. And she was getting beaten quite badly by then, curling up into a ball as punches and slaps were thrown all at once. Wooyoung heard a sickening whimpering sound escaping as he watched from the side helplessly.

 

At a loss of what to do, Wooyoung had had enough. He then took off his cap and shouted out at the top of his lungs, "STOP IT!!!!"

 

Instantly, all eyes landed on him and everyone went still. His breathing was ragged against the cold night air. And he felt a weird chill rushing up his spine. Maybe it was just the cold. His sister was still curled up on the ground as he rushed over to help her up. "Noona, gwaenchanha?"

 

"Ye~" She said shakily, slowly getting back up on her feet.

 

Everyone was shocked to see Wooyoung, dressed in a hoodie and a pair of tight jeans, standing in front of them with an angry look on his face. No one dared to take a step forward. He reached down to grab his bag and patted off any dirt on it. "Can you walk, noona?"

 

"Yeah...I think I can." She was limping a little, he noticed. And he couldn't help but glare at the girls for doing this. But he didn't say anything. He supported most of her weight on one side, while his other hand gripped his bag tightly. As they made their way back to the guards, someone suddenly blocked their way. A fan, by the look of it.

 

She held out a hand and touched his cheek, and this created angry whispers from the crowd. Soon everyone wanted to touch him. Someone ripped his bag away and he cursed under his breath. His sister was getting shoved away from him every second, eventhough he tried to keep a firm grip on her. Fans pulled at his hoodie, almost strangling him. And someone tugged his hair. Long fingernails dug into the skin of his neck. And other equally long fingernails stretched the shirt underneath his hoodie until he heard a sickening sound of his shirt getting ripped. The fans were roaring and shouting and screaming all around him then, chanting out his name and basically touching every part of him as much as possible. And then he felt someone taking off his belt and his heart stopped.

 

He couldn't escape the crowd, and he was worried about his sister. "Junhwa!" He called out, hoping to hear her voice. She didn't answer back. "Jang Junhwa! Please! Where are you?!"

 

The guards were getting nowhere nearer to him. They tried to push away the fans but the numbers were too big. "Noona! NOONA!"

 

He found himself sinking in the sea of fans, falling back slowly until his back touched the ground. And still they persisted, ravaging every part of him for their own keepsake. His hoodie was gone, and now his shirt was getting torn apart. His belt was gone too. And the only thing left between his prized treasure and the world was a pair of tight jeans which he held on for dear life. "Noona~" He called out again, a little weakly now. All his energy had seeped away. It was so dark around him. And the only thing he could see was a circle of faces all around him. Faces he didn't know. Voices he didn't recognize. 

 

A siren blared in the distant. He was sinking away into unconciousness. The level of oxygen around him had depleted quite rapidly. All he could feel now was the stinging of cold air against his , and hot smelly breaths against his face.

 

His eardrums were beating, and his heart had probably stopped functioning. When he woke up a few minutes later, he was lying in a van. The faces around him were familiar now. And they looked worried. Very very worried.

 

"Woodong ah, can you hear us?" One of them asked him. Judging by the voice, it must have been Chansung.

 

Wooyoung somehow felt like he was drifting between fantasy and reality. Were these his bandmates? If so, how did they find him? "Youngie ah, hey. Open your eyes. You're safe now. It's us."

 

His eyes fluttered open to their fullest and he scanned the faces above him. Sure enough, they were his bandmates. All of them were worried sick. Chansung helped him to sit up and he blinked at the sudden intrusion of light against his eyes. "W-what? Where am I?"

 

"We saw the commotion outside the moment we arrived. And Nichkhun had a bad feeling. When we got there, you were lying on the ground with almost no clothes on and there were cuts all over your body." Minjun explained.

 

Wooyoung checked his body to verify what his hyung said, and sure enough, there were plenty. "My sister! Where is she?"

 

"I'm right here, baby bro." Junhwa replied, coming into view. She was holding on to his bag....or at least, what was left of it. "How are you feeling? The moment we got separated, they didn't do anything to me. But I was so worried when you started calling out my name. I tried to answer but the noise was deafening."

 

"How did you get into the van then?"

 

"Taecyeon found me amongst the crowd. Thank god to that. I would have been the next victim." She said, with a small smile on her face. "I won't tell mum and dad."

 

"Thanks sis." Wooyoung snorted. It wouldn't have made a difference. The media would have had the whole thing on the news by now. Someone wrapped a blanket around him suddenly.

 

"Woo....don't scare me like that again." Nichkhun said, genuinely worried about his dongsaeng. He lightly cupped Wooyoung's face, and the other's eyes widened.

 

Wooyoung didn't know if he should ignore the Thai or go along with it. But he knew it was impossible to forget his hyung. So very difficult. "I won't." He said numbly, turning away instantly. Nichkhun felt a little hurt when he did that.

 

__________________________

 

Sorry for any grammar and typo errors. Like the last chapter, I rushed this. Hahaha.

 

Note: I'm sure fans are not like this. We're all very peaceful creatures, right? I would have been the one buying some food stuff at the vendors at that moment. Hahaha. Anyway, these fans are just fictional characters. And even if such es exist, then to hell with them. Forgive my outburst.