Wooyoung's Odd Behaviour

Coffee and Tea

 

A/N: Sorry this is taking so long to update. The Chanho part will take some time because Shahibuchan is busy with her research. So I'm continuing with the Khunyoung part first. So sorry. Here's an update.

 


 

Nichkhun had been trying to call Wooyoung for the last one week, but for some reasons, Wooyoung was not picking up. His worries grew when he called Taecyeon one night and asked if he could speak to Wooyoung. The reply was rasp but Nichkhun heard it clearly.

 

"I don't know, hyung. He hasn't been around long enough for me to say hi. He comes in for practice after everyone's done, and he disappears from the face of the earth whenever we have practice. I asked Minjae-hyung if something was up, but he just said there was a schedule change for Youngie, and won't tell me anything else. I'm kind of worried about him right now. He only comes back from practice at 5am, sleeps until 9am, disappears until 9pm and just when we're about to leave for dinner, he arrives for practice."

 

"Did anyone else try to ask him why his timing is completely off track?" Nichkhun asked, creasing his eyebrows in a worried manner.

 

"No one knows. He's becoming more and more owlish by the day. I also found out that most of the talk shows Wooyoung was supposed to attend had been cancelled last minute, postponed to next month."

 

This was an odd revelation, something that the boys established to be imposible a long time ago. But how was Wooyoung able to do all that without getting penalized?

 

"Taec, I'm worried about him. Can you please just do me a favor?"

 

"Anything, hyung."

 

"Follow him." It was a simple request, and Taecyeon agreed. Both of them were equally worried about their bandmate. Just as Taecyeon was about to end the call, Wooyoung suddenly entered through the front door. The clock on the wall showed 12.34am. It was past midnight. "Woo." He called out quietly, not wanting to wake the others up. Wooyoung tilted his head up immediately towards the big guy's direction, surprised to see Taec still awake.

 

"You're awake." The black haired boy pointed out.

 

"Yes, I can see that. Where were you?"

 

"Out." Wooyoung said simply, refusing to answer any more. He arranged his sneakers neatly on the shoe rack and made his way to the living room. "I'm so tired right now. See you tomorrow."

 

Taecyeon stopped him before he could enter his room. "Wait Woo.Someone wants to speak to you."

 

On the other line, Nichkhun was listening in to the conversation, wondering if Wooyoung was alright. He waited for the black haired boy to answer the call, but Wooyoung simply stared at the phone and said, "It's Nichkhun, right? Tell him I'm too tired to talk." And that was it. Feeling defeated, Taecyeon waited until Wooyoung was out of sight before returning to his call. "Khun, I'm sorry."

 

"Yeah, I heard." Nichkhun muttered softly, almost whispering. He didn't know why Wooyoung's refusal to speak to him hurt a lot. It made him wonder if it was his fault. Maybe I said something to piss him off. But no matter how much the thought played in his mind, he couldn't seem to point out where it all went wrong. What did he say to Wooyoung exactly?

 

"Anyway, it's getting late here, Khun-hyung. Maybe he'll call you tomorrow. Don't worry. I'm going to bed first. I'll talk to--oh, Youngie ah...aren't you going to bed?"

 

Nichkhun pressed the receiver closer to his ears, hoping to catch Wooyoung's reply. It was a little unclear but Nichkhun could make out a few words. "Yeah....thirsty....coffee....instant."

 

"Why instant?" Taecyeon asked, amused. "I thought you like it black?"

 

"I'm sad today." Wooyoung answered, not looking at Taecyeon directly. The big guy knew instantly that something was wrong.

 

"Would you tell me?"

 

"I guess." Wooyoung sighed, getting a clean mug from the cabinet. "It's got something to do with that person you're talking to on the phone right now." He knew his boldness was bound to create more questions and the change in Taecyeon's expression said it all. Even Nichkhun was shocked to hear the statement.  "I'll tell you...if you end the call and make a promise to me."

 

"Youngie ah....are you ignoring Nichkhun on purpose?"

 

"I'm just returning a favor."

 

It was a puzzling reply, but Nichkhun decided better than to push the boy further. He said into the receiver, "I'll call you tomorrow, Taec."

 

"No, stay on the phone." Taecyeon said in a low tone. "Youngie, care to explain why you're being this way to Khun?"

 

Wooyoung sighed deeply, clearly at a crossroad, and Taecyeon did not look happy. The giant had an angry air around him. "I don't want to lose my motivation and if he knows, then I would."

 

"Motivation to do what?" Nichkhun and Taecyeon asked in unison, but Wooyoung only heard Taecyeon's voice.

 

"To get the person I love." Again, another bold statement, and again, raising more curiosity in the subject matter. "Look, I'm going to drink up my coffee and hopefully fall asleep once the effect wears off. I've got a lot on my schedule tomorrow, so can we continue this conversation when I see you in the evening?"

 

Taecyeon traced a hint of exhaustion in Wooyoung's voice and decided it was best to call it a night. When Wooyoung was once again finally out of sight, he returned to Nichkhun and said, "Well, good night, hyung."

 

"Good night. And Taec, follow him tomorrow, ok? Find out what he means by 'the person he loves'. Is he secretly dating someone?"

 

"I don't know, hyung. But I'll let you know if I find out anything."

 

"Ok, thanks. Oh yeah, before I forgot, what does he mean when he says he's drinking instant because he's sad?"

 

"Oh, it's like a pattern I notice. He only drinks specific kind of coffee depending on his emotion at the time. Even Junho notices this. He told me about it. Like yesterday, he drank black coffee because he was angry."

 

"Why was he angry?" Nichkhun asked, puzzled.

 

"He had a muscle pull and because of this, he couldn't do his stretching exercises."

 

"Stretching exercises?"

 

"Hyung, I'm really tired right now. Can I call you back tomorrow? I'll let you in on the details, I promise."

 

"Alright, big guy. Good night."

 

"Night." And then the call ended for good.

 

_______________________________

 

A/N: This is short, but heck, let's get the story rolling. The next one will be the main point I think.