Curious Minds

Coffee and Tea

The SPECIAL TAEC CHAPTER!!! For Shahibuchan, my lovely bestie. I'm sorry for not being a help to your new fic. By the way, check out her new fic. It's a Taecjung! And it'll be fun!

 

AWESOMENESS BEYOND HERE

 

Anyway, enjoy this.

 

__________________________

 

"Well, I'll be damned!" Taecyeon sulked, his face scrunching up into a displeased look. He took another swig of soju and drowned it down like it was water. But Minjun could tell he was drunk. A few more shots was enough to take out the big guy, so before Taec reached out for another refill, Minjun quickly snatched the bottle away. "Yah! Give me that! I'm not done with it." Taecyeon snapped in an annoyed manner.

 

"You've had enough. Any more alcohol, I might need to carry you home." Minjun remarked, equally annoyed at his dongsaeng. "Why are you dragging me here in the middle of the night anyway?"

 

They were sitting in a hawker stall outside, just the two of them, filling themselves up with soju on pretense that Taecyeon missed his alcohol. But Minjun began to suspect something was amiss when the big guy continued ordering more soju. Their table began piling up with empty glasses, and Taecyeon showed no signs of stopping anytime soon. He watched his dongsaeng warily, wondering what was wrong.

 

"Hyung...don't you ever feel....ugh! What's that word again? Ah, remorse? Is that it?" The big guy banged a fist against the table and then rested his head on it, too tipsy now to sit up sraight.

 

Minjun rolled his eyes and took another sip of his soju. "Why would I feel remorse?"

 

"Maybe I'm not using the right word." Taecyeon slurred, rubbing his eyes as he sat up. He took one look at his glass and remembered it was empty. "What I'm trying to say is....everyone's so happy! But look at us, hyung...getting drunk on the side road like this."

 

"You're drunk. I'm still fine." Minjun said, his tone calm.

 

Taecyeon waved the statement aside and continued, "Hyung...don't you ever wish you have someone beside you? Like a girlfriend....OR! Or maybe, a boyfriend...." The big guy trailed off, and his forehead thumped against the table once more.

 

"Yah yah, stop banging the table. You'll break something." Minjun scolded back. He somehow had an idea what his dongsaeng was telling him. Chansung and Junho found themselves, and Khunnie recently realized his feelings for Woo. Each of their tales ended well, with their ity stripped away and a smile on their faces. But hey, they were happy. Then there was him and his big-sized dongsaeng, Ok Taecyeon, who ended up being the loners in their dorm.

 

But what could he say? Of course he wanted a companion in life. Still, it wasn't necessary to drink your life away over it. Loneliness only lasted as long as you wanted it to last. "Get up, you pabo." He poked the big guy on the shoulder.

 

Unfortunately, no matter how much he prodded and poked, Taecyeon didn't stir. In fact, of all the obnoxious god-en things his dongsaeng could have done, he just HAD to fall asleep right there in the middle of nowhere. Minjun's boiling point was close to the max, but he swallowed down the urge to kill this poor creature in front of him. He got up from his seat and walked over to Taecyeon. 

 

Yeah, definitely asleep. Taecyeon was even snoring lightly now. Giving up on that useless pabo, Minjun whipped out his wallet and paid the ahjummah for all the soju and food his dongsaeng ordered. The ahjummah shot him a sympathetic look, before clearing away the table.

 

Minjun hoisted his dongsaeng up and placed most of Taecyeon's weight on him. "Oh God, you heavy bastard. Will you get up and walk on your own?!" He yelled out, but Taecyeon simply mumbled some gibberish and went back to sleep.

 

On normal occasions, Minjun would have left the person at the stall. But he didn't want to put other people in trouble, and Taecyeon was clearly not right in his mind. He staggered against the weight and after getting into a more practical position, managed to drag this large-sized beast back to the dorm. Everyone else was asleep by then, but Wooyoung remembered to keep the lights on for his hyungs.

 

Minjun dropped the younger boy on the couch and stretched his sore joints. "Remind me to not drink with you again." He muttered to the sleeping beast.

 

__________________________

 

The next day, Taecyeon woke up with a really bad hangover. It felt like an axe literally split his head open. He searched around for any signs of life, and found Minjun sleeping on the floor next to him. The older boy was snoring lightly, and his eyebrows were knitted together, as if he was having a bad dream. 

 

Taecyeon rubbed his drowsiness away and sat up on the couch. How the hell did he get home last night? He didn't remember coming home at all, yet there he was. And then his eyes brought him back to the sleeping figure on the floor, and suddenly he felt bad.

 

"Hyung..." He called out, shaking the older boy gently. Minjun stirred for a moment and then a pair of bloodshot eyes fluttered open.

 

"What the hell?" He muttered groggily, looking over at his dongsaeng.

 

"You fell asleep on the floor, hyung." The big guy replied, smiling warmly. He helped the older boy up and they sat there in silence.

 

Minjun was the first to break it. "Go get a shower. You stink so badly right now."

 

"You stink just as bad!" Taecyeon fought back, fully awake now.

 

"Your smell reaches the high heaven." Minjun retorted. It was only a joke, really. But he didn't think Taecyeon would argue back.

 

"You stink so bad, even hell rejects you."

 

"Yah, who taught you to speak like that to your hyung?"

 

The arguments didn't last long though. Soon, Taecyeon was all serious again. He stared at his hyung for a full second before asking, "Have you ever wondered how it's like to be....like them?"

 

Minjun froze, his eyes widened with shock. What was the big guy suggesting? "What do you mean?"

 

"You know...being, uh, gay." Taecyeon tried to hide the distress in his voice. It wasn't because he was desperate or lonely. Heck, he could so easily turn on his laptop and pick a random Hottest to be his girlfriend. No, this was purely curiosity. A part of him wondered how different it was to love a man, to share a sort of intimacy between one another, to kiss another man senseless and still be okay with it.

 

"I-I don't know where you're going with this." Minjun muttered softly, no longer meeting his dongsaeng's gaze. It was such a scary thing, to be talking about a homoual relationship with a person you regarded as a brother. He was starting to wonder how Nichkhun had done it. How was he able to break this wall of insecurity between him and the homoual population?

 

"Hyung...can you do me a favour?" Taecyeon asked, biting his lips now. He scooted closer to the older boy and Minjun panicked.

 

"Yah, don't get so close."

 

"Let's try it."

 

"Try what?"

 

"Kissing."

 

Despite the awkward air around them, Taecyeon was adamant to find out whether he was capable of being gay. After all, he was living in a house full of them. Minjun hesitated for a moment. "Who's bottom?" He asked, and Taecyeon blinked.

 

"W-what?"

 

"Who's the male and who's the female?"

 

"Hyung..." Taecyeon chuckled softly. "We're not having . It's just kissing."

 

"Yeah, well...there's still a difference. The guy always gets the upper lip and the girl gets the lower lip."

 

"Since I'm bigger, then obviously I'm the guy." Taecyeon pointed out. 

 

"That's not how it works. Who looks at a guy's body size anyway?" Minjun objected, feeling a slight bruise in his pride. All of this was getting both of them nowhere. If they continued fighting about it, someone might catch them by accident. And there was no way Minjun would allow that. 

 

"Woo and Junho looks small and they seemed to fit the female counterparts well." Taecyeon reasoned out.

 

In the end, Minjun gave up. He closed his eyes and prayed for it to end. Hopefully, it won't feel like anything. Nu-uh. No way~ He won't succumb to some gay paradise...there was no~ CLASH!

 

Taecyeon didn't know if he was doing the right thing. When Minjun braced for the coming apocalypse, Taecyeon started feeling very nervous. Should he close his eyes too? What if he missed the lips? Gosh, so many dillemmas already  and nothing had even happened yet. Then he decided to get it over and done with. He leaned in closer, and very carefully, crushed his lips against the older boy.

 

It was soft and...well, it felt nice, in a way. A thought suddenly crossed his mind and he pulled back the same time Minjun did. Both of them stared at each other in shock. "Were you thinking the same thing?" He asked his hyung.

 

There was a confused shrug. "Maybe. What were you thinking about?"

 

"I was thinking that...I really love women. What about you?"

 

"Women. Definitely women." Minjun nodded furiously. "Let's forget what happened. Are you happy now?"

 

"What?"

 

"The fact that we're straight. Are you happy about it? You won't go drinking ten bottles of soju in the middle of the night again, right?"

 

"Hyung...right now I just want to brush my teeth."

 

"Ditto." Both of them got up and rushed back to their room. Teeth were brushed, cleaned and whitened. Mouthwash was gargled and shower was taken. In separate bathrooms. The others were still asleep though by the time they were done. Thankfully. They made themselves breakfast first before plopping down on the couch to watch some TV.

 

And really, it didn't feel awkward at all.

 

__________________________

 

XDDDDDD AT LEAST TAEC AND MINJUN ARE STRAIGHT, NE?

 

I ENJOYED WRITING THIS. Now, someone asked for a Channuneo. Well, should I do a special chapter on them? Read the author note. Their story was actually quite short because this fic is centered around KY. So I feel bad for CNN also. But it will be remedied.