Nuneo

Coffee and Tea

Junho fixed his hair that day. His stomach had been fluttering whole day, as if the budding romance between him and Chansung was starting all over again. Just this morning, before Wooyoung barged in and told him about a date with Nichkhun, Chansung had approached him and asked if he would like to hang out.

 

"I want to hang out with you." Chansung said, straightforwardly. "Are you busy?"

 

There had no schedule that day. It was a weekend anyway. So Junho immediately agreed. "Where are we going?"

 

"Dinner." Chansung said, his voice crisp and clear. "I'll fetch you. Just be ready by 7pm, and wait in the lobby." And that was all he said before he left a very happy hyung behind.

 

Like a date! Junho thought excitedly. He hadn't feel this way for a long time. The last time was....well, a few months ago actually. They were just starting to like each other back then. But after getting too used to one another's behaviour, they sort of drew apart for a while. The occasional kisses were still there but it wasn't passionate anymore. was not even in their vocabulary, after Junho cleverly established that he would like to remain a until he gets married. So totally regretting that decision now. He felt like a dreary old maid.

 

Chansung then got into the habit of befriending one too many bananas. Even watching shows related to bananas, cartoons included. He would occasionally make Junho cuddle with him on the living room couch just to watch something about....potassium. Ok fine, bananas. If that wasn't bad enough, the maknae also picked up recipes involving those yellow obsession. For three months, they ate banana cakes, fried bananas, banana split ice cream, grilled bananas with cheese and toast, macaroni and cheese topped with bananas, banana milkshake----UGH! ARGHHHH!!!

 

No matter. Tonight will be different. I'll make sure no bananas will stand between me and him, Junho thought desperately. He still had some laxatives and anti-diarrheal pills left and he hoped he wouldn't have to use it tonight.

 

___________________________

 

"Hey Nuneo." The maknae greeted Junho the moment he stepped into the car. It was Chansung's family car and his mum agreed to lend it to her son for a day.

 

"Hey." Junho greeted back. His chest was beating furiously. Why he felt this way, he wasn't sure. After all, they had been together for a long time. Maybe he just missed his lover. "So which restaurant are we eating at tonight?"

 

"You'll see." Chansung said excitedly. He stepped on the accelerator and drove to their destination. Along the way, Junho broke the silence between them and started talking about Nichkhun and Wooyoung. Apparently, Wooyoung called him earlier to mention about Nichkhun's patheticism. If that was even a word. "The date was a failure, basically. Poor Woo. He really loves Khunnie."

 

"Why do you call him that?" Chansung cut in, but his eyes were on the road. There was a slight drizzle outside, but it didn't blur his vision.

 

"Call who?" The older boy asked back, confused.

 

"Khun-hyung. Why do you call him Khunnie?" He had a blank expression on his face, completely hard to read. But Junho noticed a certain edge to his tone of voice.

 

"I guess it became a habit. I can change that, if you want."

 

The maknae didn't reply. But instead he asked, "And Woo. Why are you so close to him?"

 

This drew a surprise from Junho, who somehow suspected his lover was jealous of him hanging out with the other guys. How ridiculous! They were all in all bandmates. Obviously their friendship would be closer than what most people think. He actually felt annoyed that Chansung would doubt him like this. "He's my room mate. And we're all close to each other. You hang around Woo more often than me." Junho bit back defensively.

 

"He's my best friend." The maknae pointed out, as if it wasn't obvious enough, but that statement really hurt Junho. It was a double-edged knife, slicing through his heart. If Wooyoung was that close, then where was he in the maknae's heart? Chansung noticed his silence and added, "But you're my boyfriend. I love you Nuneo. Please remember that. And about what I asked earlier, just forget it. I'm just overreacting. I got jealous seeing you so close with the others, and they seemed to know more about you lately." with a sigh. He turned slightly to smile lovingly at Junho.

 

Those little words somehow made all the pain go away. Junho linked an arm around his lover's, hoping to gather as much warmth as he could. When the restaurant finally drew near, Chansung searched for a parking space and quickly parked his car there. They got down, linked arms once more and marched into the restaurant. Junho had never felt so happy.

 

_______________________

 

Happiness don't always last though. The moment they sat down and the waiter came to take their order, the first thing Chansung ordered was banana milkshake. He also ordered a plate of fried rice as the main course and a bowl of banana split ice cream as dessert. Junho was aghast. He didn't think a restaurant would even have bananas as dessert, but he soon found out why.

 

"This is my favourite restaurant." The maknae said, a wide adorable smile on his face. "They serve a lot of dishes with bananas here. I come around everytime after practice. And it's amazing how many people crave the same thing as me."

 

It was true. The crowd around them was quite a number, and it ranged from a year-old young to a hundred-years-old old. But Junho didn't bother about the crowd. As far as their opinions go about bananas, they were just living out their lives. But Chansung was different. Junho suddenly recalled all the times he asked his boyfriend if he would like to hang out after practice. But the answer was always no. Either 'I'm too tired' or 'You go ahead first, I'll come by later'---not that he came anyway---and even 'I got something important to do. Catch you later'.

 

"All those excuses...just to come here and eat...bananas?" He asked the maknae, with his mouth agape and his eyes amazingly wide (as far as it could go).

 

"Well, they're all true excuses. I never lied, but I never told the complete truth either. I figured you wouldn't be interested. But I always felt more energetic coming here after a long day at work." Chansung remarked apologetically.

 

Junho couldn't believe what he just heard. What is this about 'not being interested' anyway? How could Chansung even know something without asking him first? I mean, what if he ended up being interested? Not at bananas, but at least about hanging out in that place with his lover. "You....just guessed I wouldn't like it?" He couldn't stand it anymore. His heart yearned for Chansung to pay attention to him: to love only him and him alone. But this...

 

"I need to go." He got up from his seat and stormed out the restaurant. The maknae quickly followed from behind, surprised at Junho's sudden outburst. 

 

"Wait, what's wrong, Nuneo? Please tell me. What did I say wrong?" He asked frantically, tugging Junho's arms but the older boy was amazingly strong at pulling away.

 

Tears were streaming down Junho's cheeks but he didn't know if he should show it to his lover. Ah, what the heck! He turned around and Chansung immediately froze. "Jun---"

 

"Everything's wrong!" The older boy blurted out. "Your love for bananas...everything related to those yellow abominations, I'm tired of it."  

 

______________________

 

Jeng jeng jeng~ it has been revealed!!!! anyway, next chapter will be chanho too. I don't want to overwhelm you guys with too much words in one chapter. So I split it up into two. Or three. Hohohohoh....

 

Thoughts? XD