It Was Always Nichkhun

Coffee and Tea

Wooyoung couldn't leave without saying anything. But something was bothering him too.

 

He recalled what Taec said few weeks back. "Youngie ah...I think Nichkhun's in love with you." Somehow Wooyoung was starting to doubt his hyung's words. Maybe it was just momentary infatuation. Maybe Nichkhun was just confused. Maybe Taecyeon was just confused. After all, what proof did he have to justify what he said?


What if Nickhun wasn't in love with him at all? It made Wooyoung recall the night Nichkhun called him after landing in Thailand.

 

"Why would you want to know if I'm okay?"

 

"That's because...well, you know. It's because you're my friend."

 

Friend.

 

Maybe all he ever was to his hyung....was a friend. And that will never change. So the date that day.....

 

"Do you believe two men could be together?"

 

Nichkhun had been clear all along. He shook his head after Wooyoung asked, and the younger boy had so stupidly brushed it aside for a mistake. No matter what he did these last few weeks, all those useless stretchings, all those confused phone calls...those were nothing more than an excuse to fill the empty gap in his heart.

 

It was universally known that Wooyoung had a thing for Nichkhun, but maybe it was time to let it go. Of course, doesn't mean his love life was coming to an abrupt horrible ending, it should be as dull too. He could end it with a bang. Nichkhun may not like this, and this scared him a little, but he couldn't leave without saying anything.

 

Right after breakfast, he quietly sneaked into Nichkhun's room. The Thai was still asleep, thankfully. And Chansung was nowhere in sight. Though he did hear odd muffled sounds coming from the storage room behind the kitchen. He decided not to go any further than the door, scared to see what was unfolding behind it. His eyes and heart were now on Nichkhun, snoring lightly in his bed.

 

"Khun..." He muttered, kneeling down beside the Thai. "I think it's time I tell you everything. I know you don't believe that two men could end up being together, and I don't plan on forcing you either. But I don't think I could hold back my feelings anymore. I waited for more than two years, Khun. And everytime I got the chance to get closer to you, it somehow felt like I was pushing you two steps further instead. I don't know if you were scared of me, or just uncomfortable, but I didn't let it bother me.

 

"And the week before you left for Thailand, you said you liked flexible girls. I took that as a challenge, so all those late nights workouts I did and constantly disappearing from group practice was all done because of you. I wanted to show you how much you meant to me, and I knew you wouldn't listen if I told you through words. You said so yourself at the cafe last week...."  Boy, it hurt him to bring back painful memories, but he needed to go on.

 

"Taec-hyung told me once that you love me. And I believed him. I honestly did. It was after the phone call with Chereen. He took the call for me and he said how delirious you were in Thailand. I didn't understand what he means, but....somehow it made me happy. My heart was beating twice as fast and I waited for your calls everyday. Taec also helped me find a gift for you, but I didn't have a chance to give you." He reached into his pcoket then and pulled out a small red box before placing it next to Nickhun's pillow.

 

The Thai stirred in his sleep a little, but otherwise his eyes were still shut tight. Wooyoung waited a few more seconds before continuing, "Can you believe it, Khun? How you made me feel sometimes...." A low chuckle escaped his mouth. "There was one night when I called you and you were still in Thailand then. I ended up ing to the sound of your voice. Taec-hyung found me with a limp . That was embarrassing." He felt color draining his cheeks. "But I don't care about that. I only cared about you...."

 

He carefully leaned forward and ever so softly, brushed his lips against the Thai's own. This...this was what he wanted to tell Nichkhun since the first day he had a crush on his hyung. He had to abruptly break the kiss when Nichkhun suddenly turned to his side, facing Wooyoung now. Was he still asleep? The younger boy thought.

 

"Khun....before I leave....there's one more thing you should know...the reason I ordered strawberry and creme frapuccino the other day was because it reminded me of the time I first had a crush on you. Anyway, I should get going." He didn't want to leave yet but his flight was departing soon. Before he left, he bent down and placed a kiss on Nichkhun's forehead, promising himself that this was the last time he would habor any feelings for the Thai. It was for the best.

 

"I promised I won't be anymore than the friend you want me to be after I come back. I won't ask you about gay stuff anymore. I love you, Nichkhun Buck Horjevkul."

 

He left the room and shut the door behind him quietly. Only then Nichkhun opened his eyes, releasing the breath he had been holding the whole time. "Oh my gosh....Wooyoung loves me....it was always me...." Knowing all this made him feel like an . All these time....he had used his eyes to see the picture before him, but never his heart.

 

"I'm sorry for hurting you so much, Woo." He sat up on his bed and found a small red box next to his pillow. When he opened it, his eyes watered. It was the same bracelet he had bought for his dongsaeng days back. It was blue in colour with a simple design on it. He thought Woo would like it, and it seemed that his dongsaeng had thought the same for him. The only difference was that he also bought a yellow one for himself.

 

"How am I going to give him his bracelet?" He thought, peering over at a small box on his vanity table. "Maybe at the concert later?"

 

He still had a score to settle first, and it rhymed with the name Ok Taecyeon.

 

________________________