Challenged = Red Tea

Coffee and Tea

This means war.

 

And Junho isn’t going to just sit and watch.

 

One or another will go down and he is going to make sure it’s not him.

 

It is undeniable that he loved Chansung for everything that he is, eatnator and all, but sometimes Junho wished the maknae can pay a little more attention to him than he does to the food that he’s eating. More often than not, lovers might get jealous when his or her partner was a little than friendly with someone else, but having the maknae as his boyfriend and as pity as he is, Junho is jealous over a freaking banana…yes that’s right a BANANA! One little yellow abomination that turn his life upside down and made him feel anything other than being loved.

 

The fact that Chansung likes, no, loves to eat banana is not something new or startling. The maknae have the tendency of making himself clear when it comes to food. Anyone dared to touch his banana and he’ll shot you a take-it-if-you-have-a-death-wish stare as a first warning. And if you still dare to go further, then you’re dead meat.

 

Honestly, Junho did find his large appetite to be rather cute, but the maknae’s obsession with bananas are driving him crazy, to a point that he developed a sense of repugnance to those long yellow sinless object. God bless those who even say the word ‘banana’ in front of him.

 

“Junho yah…” Chansung peeked from the archway that stood between the kitchen and the living room. Junho who was sitting on the couch waiting for the giant maknae to join him for a movie, turned to look at his lover who was only wearing a tank top and a pair of sweats. “…we’re out of bananas.” Chansung said, his face was the perfect picture of melancholy.

 

“It’s okay, we still have popcorns right?” Junho replied, hoping the maknae will not ask him to go to the…

 

“Let’s go to the grocery shop!” Chansung chirped enthusiastically.

 

“But we only went there like two days ago. Yah! Do you actually eat those bananas or swallow them whole?!” Junho whined. But being the maknae he is, Chansung pretended not to hear Junho.

 

“I’ll go change, and then we head down yah! Can you help me ask the others if they need anything.” Chansung said as he moved into his room while imitating how a penguin would walk. Obviously he was ecstatic.

 

“I’m going to personally mutilate those bananas.” Junho muttered under his breath once the maknae entered the room and closed the doors. Letting out a lazy sigh, Junho put down his lovely box of popcorn down and got up reluctantly. He dragged his feet to Taecyeon and Junsu’s room since those two are the only ones at home right now. Nichkhun is busy with some photo shoots, while Wooyoung have been missing since evening probably still in the practice room doing his splits or whatsoever.

 

Honestly, he is tired as hell and the only thing he wanted to do now is snuggle with his bear-like boyfriend and watch a movie. But then again, if this will make the maknae happy, then grocery store it is.

 

Taecyeon was already asleep on the lower bunk of the double storey bed and he was snoring so loudly. While the oldest has his face buried within his computer screen and a large headphone on his head, almost certainly in another attempt to compose a song.

 

“Hyung!” Junho called. “We’re going to the grocery store you want anything.” Junho ask half-heartedly.

 

“Ah, aniyo. I thought you just went to the grocery store yesterday.” Junsu said with his satoori accent.

 

“Apparently we are out of banana...again.” Junho said nonchalantly as Junsu looked on with an understanding smile. Junho stepped out of the room and closed the door behind him. Clad in a simple printed white t-shirt and a pair of shorts, the maknae was already waiting by the door. Both of them set out to the grocery store located just a few yards away from where they are living.

 

As they were walking, Junho kept looking at Chansung who was talking about Jeonggam. The maknae had his usual wide smile showing his perfect rows of white teeth. Instictively, Junho caught the maknae’s hand with his and hold it tightly in a possessive sense.

 

“Chansung ah, can I ask you something?” Junho asked.

 

“Yeah sure.”

 

“You have to answer me the first thing that crosses your mind.”

 

“Okay.”

 

“If you could choose one thing, only one, that you love very much, something very important to you, that can make you incredibly happy and it is something you can never live without, what would it be?” Junho asked. He was looking at the maknae with a hopeful look.

 

But oblivious to the fact that Junho was asking him a serious question, Chansung actually answered the first thing that crossed his mind right at that moment. “Banana.” And the maknae grinned widely like a love struck teenager as he thought how sinfully delicious those lovely banana taste in his mouth, causing his taste buds to jump in excitement and endless images of  banana split ice cream, cheese topped banana fritters and many other banana dishes crossed his mind, making the maknae salivate.

 

Predictably, Junho did not share the same excitement as his boyfriend. Instead he felt a painful pang of jealousy. And his temper shot to its maximum capacity. Breaking his hold on the maknae, Junho walked with high-speed leaving the maknae behind, engrossed in his own figment of imagination.

 

“Junho yah! Wait for me!” Chansung called out, his halucination dissappeared in thin air as he realised Junho was way ahead of him. He easily matched Junho’s quick steps with his large strides.

 

****

 

Once they reached the house, Junho immediately went into the kitchen to boil some water. There is only one thing that can calm him down and it is a good cup of tea.

 

Every cell in his body was screaming curses as he sat silently at the dining table. How could Chansung do this to him…how could Chansung chose something so trivial over his love? Does his feeling for the large maknea meant nothing than just something so insignificant and worthless? As he kept raking through his brain over his envy toward something as ridiculous as a banana, a thought crossed his mind.

 

He has to bloody win back his love. He has to make the maknae fall for him more than he ever loved that little yellow nuisance.

 

Junho’s mouth curved into a mischievious smile as he just came across the perfect idea.

 

He’s going to have his armors ready, because this is going to be one hell of a war.

 

Right at that moment Nichkhun who just came back home from his photo shoot entered the kitchen.“Junho, what are you making?”

 

Upon hearing his hyung’s question, Junho decided exactly which type of tea might be suitable for him right now.

 

“I’m making red tea hyung, for some reason I’m feeling extremely challenged today.” Junho answered with a wink. There's nothing better to give more fire to his sense of competitiveness than the smooth earthy taste of red tea.