Camomile to Ease a Jealous Heart

Coffee and Tea

Ok, so I decided to hasten this fic a little. Just wondering....were the previous slow? Boring? Please do tell. I'm still learning how to write a good fic. Thanks!

 

___________________________________

Previously....

 

Tears were streaming down Junho's cheeks but he didn't know if he should show it to his lover. Ah, what the heck! He turned around and Chansung immediately froze. "Jun---"

 

"Everything's wrong!" The older boy blurted out. "Your love for bananas...everything related to those yellow abominations, I'm tired of it."  

 

___________________________________

 

Chansung stared at his hyung, stunned beyond comparison. Never in the past few weeks did he think Junho would be affected by his food preference. But why?! What was so wrong about craving for bananas? He couldn't reply that question in his head. Nor could he think of a proper explanation to calm Junho down. The boy was crying bitterly now, his body quivering with every sob.

 

"I want you so badly, Chansung. I yearn for your attention, and I want you to feel the same way. But ever since you fell in love with those yellow things, it's like you push me away. Everyday we seemed to be drifting apart further and further. I can't stand it anymore. To be inferior to fruits!"

 

The maknae was speechless. This was unexpected. In fact, it wouldn't even cross his mind if Junho did not bring it up. "I.."

 

"Let me ask you again, Chansung. You have two choices. Do you like bananas or me?" He purposely lowered his voice, to show he meant business. That this wasn't just something the maknae could solve by choosing both. He will not disallow his lover from eating bananas completely, but at least learn to balance between the two. 

 

"What happens after I choose?" Chansung asked slowly.

 

"If you choose me, I want you to spend time with me. The same way we used to be when we started out. I don't want you to divide most of your time with food." Here, Chansung flinched. And Junho noticed. He wasn't stupid. Even a blind person could notice that giant flinch. "If you choose the fruit, then I'll leave you alone."

 

He didn't say how much he would ignore Chansung. Deep down inside, he was too in love with the maknae to stay away completely. But it will hurt him. When Chansung looked hesitant, Junho added out of spite, "Do you even know what bananas will do to you if you eat too much?"

 

This somewhat made the maknae a little curious, so Junho continued, "They give you a bad diarrhea, Chansung." His expression softened to convince the maknae. But Chansung wasn't buying it. So far, nothing remotely bad had happened. "So?" He asked his hyung back and Junho winced. No effect, huh?

 

"I just thought I should warn you. After all, I care." The older boy remarked. "Anyway, what's your final answer?"

 

Chansung thought for a moment. He wanted to just rush back into the restaurant and enjoy a peaceful dinner with Junho. But the situation had changed. He had a decision to make now. "Tell you what...let's eat dinner first. And then I'll tell you." Junho jawdropped at the statement. He needs to CONSIDER?! Oh my gosh, I might actually lose!

 

But curiousity got the better part of him. Junho nodded his head and they went back into the restaurant. Dinner was spent peacefully. Chansung then drove Junho back to the dorm before he returned to his parents' home. That night, while Junho laid awake in his bed, listening to the soft snores coming from the bed opposite his, a message pinged his inbox. He checked his phone.

 

There was a message from Chansung.

 

"Since choosing bananas seemed to give me the best of both worlds, I think I choose bananas."

 

And that literally crumbled Junho's world into a million pieces. He got out from bed and dragged himself to the kitchen. There was a bottle of whisky in the cabinet next to the fridge. He took that out before making himself a cup of hot camomile tea. Instead of drinking them separately, he mixed both at a reasonable amount and drank them up in a few gulps.

 

"How dare you, Chansung ah....to tell me through the phone. And not even by call! Ah, jinja!" Junho muttered in frustration. "I'm going to show you not to mess with Lee Junho." He was angry but shouting at Chansung won't cut it. He would just have to show how true his explanations were earlier. Even if it meant hurting the maknae he loves.

 

___________________________________

 

Another chapter!!!!!!!!! Wow, I really write a lot. And you guys read fast too. Thanks so much!!!

 

Comment below. Thoughts? XD