A Date and a Disaster

Coffee and Tea

Here's a KY update, guys!!! Sorry it took so long.

 

_____________________________

 

Nichkhun was losing it. His control, his mind, and his innocence. Well ok, the last part was already gone a long time ago, but this one was thanks to his recent....concupiscent thoughts about a certain black haired boy named Wooyoung.

 

Jang Wooyoung. Why does that name give so much of pain and pleasure at the same time?

 

He corrected the buttons on his shirt, having zoned out earlier and buttoned it wrongly. There were a lot of noise outside his room, so he assumed everyone was up and about. It was already 9am in the morning. Cursing his alarm clock for waking him up late, he checked himself in the mirror once more before heading out to greet his dongsaengs. 

 

Junho was the first. "Khunnie!!!!! Oh my gosh, when did you come back?!" He latched himself onto Nichkhun like a koala and from the corner of Nichkhun's eyes, the Thai saw a dark aura radiating around Chansung. He figured he ought to let Junho go or suffer a terrible fate later. "Last night," he said, unwrapping Junho's arms immediately. The poor boy looked forlorn for a second, but it was instantly replaced by an eye smile later. "Breakfast is ready. Taec and Woo were on kitchen duty this morning."

 

The moment Taec's and Woo's name were mentioned, Nichkhun narrowed his eyebrows and quickly stalked off to the kitchen. As expected, there they were, happily laughing at each other's jokes and giving that oh-I-love-you-so-much looks. Nichkhun felt so nauseated just staring at them that he pulled a face and flailed his arms in the air like a sick grandmother. Taecyeon noticed this and tried to ignore the Thai. He was actually amused at the amount of jealousy and anger radiating from his bestie right then. I guess my tricks had been working really well. If I keep it up, he might actually end up being the first to confess to Wooyoung. There was a small smile on his face and Nichkhun glared at it.

 

Wooyoung on the other hand was burning inside. He couldn't believe Nichkhun was actually sitting on the counter across him right now. Too shy to even lift his head, thanks to last night's forehead kiss which had been constantly playing in his mind, he kept his head down and continued frying some sausages. It would have been awkward just picturing this situation, but then Minjun came in the picture and the awkwardness dissipated.

 

"What's for breakfast?" asked the older guy, looking over at his dongsaengs one at a time.

 

"Sausage, bacon, fries and kimchi." Taecyeon replied, though his focus was on cracking the egg in his hands. Nichkhun let out a snort-like sound and pouted like a spoilt child. He didn't know why he was acting this way. But just seeing Taec and Woo, standing close to each other, and inevitably letting their bodies touch, was just....ugh! Minjun saw this of course so he gave his dongsaeng a light slap on the head before taking a seat next to the Thai.

 

"Woo, are you done with the sausages?" Taecyeon asked then. Wooyoung simply nodded and moved to arrange those sausages on the plate, together with the fried bacon and fries. Minjun's mouth was already watering just gawking at those heavenly fried junk. But Nichkhun had his eyes focused on Wooyoung, all the little things his dongsaeng did. It actually put a smile on his face, eventhough Wooyoung wasn't meeting his eyes. How odd. Maybe the boy was just guilty over the telephone call he made a night back.

 

That reminds him: Nichkhun made a mental note to talk to Taecyeon about it later.

 

The big guy told Wooyoung to call the others while he started frying the eggs. That was the last dish. Omelette. Wooyung silently obeyed  of course. He went back to the living room and dragged Chansung and Junho to the kitchen, and for some odd reason, his could feel Nichkhun's eyes following him. Maybe it was just him. But the thought of it made him feel hot all over, so he kept his head low eventhough every inch of his body coaxed him to look at Nichkhun.  

 

They took their seat around the dining table. Plates of deliciously fried food were served neatly in a straight row. And Taecyeon remembered to cook enough rice for them. Chansung clapped his hands excitedly, pleased over the amount of food his hyungs had prepared for breakfast. Since the food were mostly fried-based, he figured it wouldn't taste so bad.

 

Minjun took the first bite and everyone followed suit. Breakfast was good, but no one could deny a certain awkwardness hanging in the air, particularly between Chansung and Junho, and Nichkhun and Wooyoung.

 

_____________________

 

"Woo, do you want to get something to drink at Starbucks?" Nichkhun suggested when they were clearing up the dining table. Wooyoung thought about it for a moment. He planned to work out at the gym that day, not to mention yoga class in the evening. But Nichkhun should never, not even if he begged, know about this.

 

"Will we be gone long?" He asked worriedly, not wanting the plan he built for the last two weeks to crumble in the matter of seconds.

 

Nichkhun, somehow sensing Wooyoung's unease, felt both hurt and suspicious at the same time. He was hurt because Wooyoung would always just say yes to whatever he suggested. This would be the first time Wooyoung declined his invitation. Usually, he would be the one declining his dongsaeng's invitation. His instincts told him Wooyoung was planning something with Taec, and saying yes to him would probably anger the big guy.

 

Hmm....since Taec had done great damage to his thoughts and heart the last few days, maybe some kind of revenge is called for. He should feel bad, really. To steal another's guy's boyfriend. Not to mention the guy he's stealing had had a crush on him just a few weeks back. As much as he hated playing Wooyoung like this, he was also angry over the phone call last night.

 

Seriously. He literally took a flight back in one night, with no advance planning whatsoever. He should at least get back what he deserved.

 

Right?

 

With that thought set in his mind, he told Wooyoung to get ready within 10 minutes and meet him at the ground floor. "We'll only be going for an hour."

 

Wooyoung relaxed. An hour won't get in the way of his training. Plus he gets to spend time with the man he loves. Excited over this date, he quickly rushed back to his room and told Junho about it. "What should I wear?!"

 

"Look at you." Junho back. "Getting all hyper just because Khunnie asked you out. Let me help you. Here, borrow my sweater shirt. I mean, it's cold outside. So the last thing you want is snot running down your nose."

 

Wooyoung chuckled at this comment and jokingly muttered. "Ne, hyung~" only to get smacked on the arm by an amused Junho. 

 

"C'mon, get changed. I got something to do after this. Gotta do my hair first."

 

The boys prepared themselves well for whatever occasion they each had. Junho then said goodbye and rushed out to meet someone, whereas Wooyoung nervously left for the ground floor lobby. Nichkhun was already waiting there, looking rather charming in his fitting white shirt and black jacket. He also wore a pair of black jeans to match his attire and a pair of Nike sneakers. Wooyoung could feel butterflies fluttering in his stomach.

 

"All ready?" The Thai asked with a smile.

 

"Y-yeah."

 

Nichkhun then suddenly grabbed Wooyoung's hands and dragged the younger boy behind him. Surprised but happy, Wooyoung simply allowed his hyung to drag him to Starbucks. They found an empty table right at the back, where the crowd was lesser and the atmosphere was somewhat romantic. There they sat and Nichkhun ordered drinks for the both of them.

 

"Could I have some tea, no sugar. Milk instead." The Thai said, before peering over to his dongsaeng to see what he would order.

 

"I want to drink Strawberry and Creme Frapuccino, please." Wooyoung told the waitress. "Can you add some rainbow sprinkles on top?"

 

"Sure thing, hun." The waitress said, sending a quick wink to Nichkhun's direction before leaving them. The Thai ignored but Wooyoung was annoyed.

 

After she disappeared, Nichkhun rested his chin on his hands and asked, "Why did you order it?" He remembered what Taecyeon said last time. That Wooyoung had specific preference to coffee depending on his emotion.

 

"I wanted to try it." In all truth, he thought it suited the mood. This romantic feel around them. And to him, strawberries sort of amplified his feelings for Nichkhun. "I like strawberries." He said chirpily. 

 

The Thai was not convinced however. "What does it mean to you?"

 

A memory flashed through Wooyoung's mind for a moment, bringing him back to the time Nichkhun offered his own share of strawberries because Chansung took Wooyoung's away. He remembered how his stomach churn in all direction when the Thai fed him those strawberries, a large loving smile plastered on his face. He was just sad Nichkhun couldn't remember this.

 

"I just really really love strawberries. Is that so wrong?"

 

Nichkhun stared at him for a second, speechless. Maybe that was all the reason to it. Taecyeon could have been lying. The drinks came a few minutes later, and the boys started a conversation about coffee. The Thai was surprised over Wooyoung's knowledge on this topic. He mentioned about the types of coffee that exist and how they were grown. There was also something about how coffee was brewed to be made into drinks consumable by people today. Honestly speaking, Nichkhun got tired of listening halfway through. He kept glancing at his phone, to see if time had stopped. Everytime he checked, there wasn't much changes. So he leaned back against his seat and pretended to be interested.

 

Wooyoung sensed his boredom after a while and decided to change the topic. "Hyung, can I ask you something?" It was a topic he'd been dreading to ask, and hoped that Nichkhun would not avoid it.

 

"What is it, Woo?"

 

"Do you believe two men could be together?"

 

That question! After spending almost two years avoiding it, Nichkhun couldn't believe Wooyoung had finally pinned him down for an answer. The younger boy waited patiently for a reply while Nichkhun struggled with his inner demons. One part said yes. Why not? Nothing wrong with that. After all, the chances you have in this world is only for a short time. Another part said no. God made men and WOMEN for a reason. He shook his head and saw the momentary flash of despair in Wooyoung's eyes. 

 

The younger boy returned to his chirpy self almost immediately. But Nichkhun didn't know it was forced. "Why do you ask, Woo?"

 

"I'm just curious." came a dull reply, before Wooyoung sipped into his coffee again. The drink suddenly tasted disgusting. He pushed it away just enough to hint that he was done. Nichkhun noticed this and thought nothing of it at first. 

 

"Finish your drink." He commanded.

 

"I'm not thirsty anymore. That was a lot for me." Wooyoung said, somehow more coldly than he expected. "I'm going to be late for something. So I think I need to go." He began to stuff his wallet and phone back into his pocket, and got up from his seat.

 

"Go?" Nichkhun's eyes widened, sitting upright at that instant. Did I say something wrong? Why is he suddenly leaving? Babump babump babump..."Why do you need to go now?" His heart was racing for some reason. This wasn't what he expected his day to turn out like. Taecyeon was supposed to reach here soon and see them together. Jealousy would break out and Nichkhun could then say, 'In your face' to his dongsaeng. But no, Wooyoung was leaving early and Taec was still missing. Nichkhun had been trying to call the big guy since an hour ago. But his messages and calls couldn't go through.

 

"I have something to do. Sorry I forgot to tell you." Wooyoung turned to leave, but not before Nichkhun suddenly grabbed his arm, halting his move. 

 

"Wait...is this something to do about the...you know, g-gay thing? I'm sorry if I offended you, but you know I'm not comfortable talking about stuff like this. There's a lot of other things we can talk about."

 

"It's everything to do with the Gay thing." Wooyoung suddenly lashed out, pulling his arms away. Nichkhun lowered his head a little when people sitting nearby turned to look at them. But Wooyoung wasn't bothered. He stared at his hyung angrily, and then continued, "Hyung, we've been best friends for such a long time, and not once did you even try listening to me about this. Everytime I bring it up, you cower away like it was some kind of curse. I thought it'd be fine talking to you about it now since you....well, y-you kissed me last night..." He lowered his voiced slightly at the end and Nichkhun flinched.

 

So he was awake! He thought. "I was only confused then."

 

"Well, it seems that you've resolved your feelings then. You're not confused now. I guess it's just false hopes. I got my head too high in the clouds." Wooyoung finished, biting his lips to stop the tears in his eyes from pouring out. Nichkhun would never notice him. He won't even admit what he did. And now, look at him! Cowering away again. Really really pathetic.



Without waiting for a reply, Wooyoung rushed out of the cafe and welcomed the cold outside. It bit against his skin like ice, and made his tears icy cold against his skin. If he can't say it, then the only hope he has left is to show it. "Just you wait, Nickhun Horjevkul, I'm going to show you how much I would suffer just to let you notice me."

 

_________________________

 

Coffee and Tea updated!!!