First Impressions

I Didn't Like His Face
(AN: Update!  Haha, this time I got into Korean street foods and reading articles how to get your ex back...took a while before I decided what to write about that...so I hope you enjoy it!)
 
"Hyuntae!" you said angrily.  What was he doing being rude to someone he didn't even know?
 
"Noona! Who is this guy?" he retorted.  He looked quite upset to see you with someone he didn't know.  
 
"This is Sungmin," you said not wanting to say anything else.  You didn't know whether to call him a friend or something else.  So, you refrained from saying it.
 
"Hello, I am Lee Sungmin," Min said cordially.  He removed his arm from around you and offered his hand to your brother.  Who looked at it suspiciously before receiving a light kick to his shin.  Wincing, he took the hint and shook hands mostly civil.  He hid his pain as Min crushed his hand at least until he tried to end the hand shake but he couldn't. You hit him over the head.
 
"Yah! Be nice!" you told him.  Pretending you didn't notice Min silently laughing at your brother.  
 
"Noona! He--" Taehyun protested.
 
"I don't want to hear it. You deserved it," you said warning him with your eyes.  He stopped talking.  Clutching his hand after finally having it free, he was trying to control his emotions.  Now, he really didn't like this guy.
 
"Did you already eat?" you asked your brother.  He stared at you wondering how you could change the topic so easily.  He wanted to ask more questions about this guy, he thought he recognized him.  That was a bad sign as far as he was concerned.  Nothing good would come of you dating a guy who showed up all over the news. 
 
"Yah, Earth to Taehyun!" you said snapping your fingers near his ear.  He was spacing out again.  A habit he had when he couldn't control his anger.  You were worried slightly wondering if keeping him here would end poorly.  
 
"Oh, no, I didn't" he said slowly.  You stared at him he seemed barely there.  His mind playing a trick on him as he imagined endless scenarios in which you dated this guy and ended up hurt.  
 
"Let's go," you said grabbing onto his arm and hanging there.  You jumped once and held on dragging him down which broke him out of his thoughts.  
 
"Aish, why?" he whined.  You only laughed and then started to pull him towards food.  
 
Min watched the two of you unable to decide if he should leave.  He didn't feel unwelcome, but his first impression to your brother didn't seem to be a good one.  Min followed behind the two of you, not willing to let someone think badly of him.  A mannerism he'd picked up since his debut.  He always tried to leave a favorable impression to people that he met.  There was always common ground to be had between two people.  At the very least you were both human so there had to be something to connect beyond that. 
 
You and Taehyun were talking about your day.  You told him the usual stories about how the doctors had been unable to get a little girl to talk but you had.  You'd done your Pororo impression to her, and she'd even laughed until it started hurting again.  You always felt extra accomplished when you could help a child to feel better.  
 
You'd almost forgotten about Min altogether.  He sat down next to you at the table.  You were at an outdoor food stand.  Preparing to drink and eat until you couldn't anymore.  This one was a few blocks away from the hospital close but far enough that most wouldn't come here during their breaks.  So, you were surprised when you looked up to see one of your ex boyfriends sitting there alone.  He was a doctor at the hospital.  It had been particularly uncomfortable after you broke up for a while.  He and you hadn't been able to make enough time for each other and one day you caught him having with someone else in a supply closet. You cringed remembering your words.
 
"At least have the decency to lock the door next time," you'd said before running off.  You'd run down the hallway forcing the tears from falling as you headed to visit some of the patients.  You were in the room with a little boy when he found you and you'd been able to use that as an excuse to not talk to him.  You put on your professional calm and let him give up.  He did and you never spoke to him again.  You still saw himm, but you never talked to him.  You always avoided him and the staff all knew why.  They didn't say anything becuase they knew that they didn't want to miss out on your help.  You could coax a patient into doing anything they needed.  You were one of the best and they respected you enough to keep him away from you.
 
"Trade spots with me," you said quickly to Taehyun.  He looked at you and seeing the discomfort in your face, he did so.  Min blinked at you unsure of what had taken place.  You'd communicated a lot more than a few words with your body language.
 
"Noona, we don't have to stay," Taehyun said softly.  His eyes showing concern for you.  You shook your head and plastered a smile on your lips.
 
"No, it's fine. As long as I don't have to look at him," you said.  Mind focused on ignoring that guy even existed you quickly ordered bottles of soju and dubu kimchi, kimbap and tteokbokki.  Min silently watched you as you easily told the woman what you wanted and to have three servings of everything.
 
"Who is that guy?" Min asked you.  He was curious because the guy was now staring at you. That guy looked haunted and like he wanted you to acknowledge him.
 
"No one," you answered. You tried not to show he had bothered you but Min noticed when your voice caught.  
 
"Well, that guy is coming towards us, so you should tell me now, if you want me to get rid of him," Min blurted quickly.  You cringed as you waited for Jinho to reach for your shoulder.  This time, he surprised you.  He said your name.
 
"Heo Tae Sun," he said stressing the syllables.  You turned around a bit shocked.  He sounded like he was about to cry.  You stared up at him as he towered over you.  His face distraught as he looked at you.  You hadn't been this close to him in six months.  
 
"..." you didn't know what to say.  Your mouth opened slightly but you didn't have words to fill it with.  A thousand thoughts ran through your mind neither outweighing the other.  The good mixed with the bad and neither side won.  
 
"Noona," you heard Taehyun say.  He must be worried about you.  You'd told him what happened.  You'd honestly thought that Jinho would try to apologize and come to your house.  He hadn't.  He knew you too well and that it would get him nowhere.  
 
"I miss you," he said.  You stared honestly taken aback.  He was sincere and you were uncertain of what you should say.  He looked close to breaking down completely, but you didn't want to see him.  
 
"You have every right to be mad," he started drawing a huff from you.  Your anger rose as you listened to him talk, "I know I didn't say it before, but I'm truly sorry." You were looking away from him.  Staring at the cup sitting in front of you and wondering why it had to be empty right now.  How you'd like to throw a beverage upon his face.  
 
"I loved you. I still love you," he continued.  Hearing that your jaw clenched, you were losing control of your anger.  Before you could say anything, Min got up from the table.  
 
"I think you should leave," he said calmly.  Jinho stared at him, his forehead creasing as he took a few seconds to recognize him.  His eyes widened.  He looked down at you staring at the empty glass before you.  
 
"Are you dating him?" Jinho asked before he could stop himself.  You ignored him.  Taehyun also rose from his spot. 
 
"Leave, now." Min persuaded him with a slight nudge.  Not threatening but to force his body to put some distance between the two of you.  Jinho stared at Min's face before collecting himself.  He grimaced as he turned and walked away from you, going out into the street without looking back.  
 
"Are you ok?" Min asked you softly.  He didn't know exactly what you were thinking.  Obviously that guy had hurt you, but he didn't know the details and he didn't want to ask yet.  He would wait until you trusted him enough to tell him on your own.  He smiled as he realized that he was sincerely waiting for you to trust him.  He'd already decided that he was ready to date you no matter what the consequences were. 
 
"Yes," you answered.  Reclaiming some self-control as you watched the bottle of soju come towards you.  The bottle was perfect with a little condensation running down the side of the bottle.  Taehyun beat you to it, opening the bottle and pouring you a shot. 
 
"Don't worry, Noona. I'll take care of you. Drink all you want," he said soothingly.  You smiled sadly.  Taehyun knew what to say to make you happy.  Now, you were close to tears because he was being a good brother.  
 
"Ganbe!" you called before downing the shot.  The alcohol drew a shiver from your spine as you felt the burn travel from your mouth down your throat and into your stomach.  You spent the next few minutes in that place of burning heat as you allowed your mind a rest.  You were not thinking anymore tonight.  For now, you were going to drink.