What's Up?

I Didn't Like His Face
You woke up expecting the world to feel different.  It didn't.  Not really, except that when you reached for your phone the light was already blinking at you.  A message waiting from Min.  Demanding that you have a perfect day and that he loved you.  
 
Feeling warm, you threw off your covers.  You could replay that moment in your head.  He loved you.  The thought made your heart race faster, but it also made your center fall into a dark pit of terror.  You weren't entirely certain if you loved him back.  Shaking your head in frustration because you knew that you did care for him, but you weren't entirely sure if it was love.  
 
It was hard to look at yourself in the mirror as you brushed your teeth.  Your mind accusing you of lying or taking advantage of this man who loved you.  You frowned and threatened yourself with your toothbrush.  But as the white flecks of toothpaste landed on your reflection, you only felt lower than you had.  
 
Your apparent deceit went unnoticed at the table as your mom ladled soup into a bowl for you.  Plunking your spoon into the dish, you heard the tink of the metal upon the ceramic.  Dragging your spoon around in circles, you stared unhappily at the whirlpool below you.  It was so easy to stop when your spoon lifted into your mouth, but you were not able to stop your own thoughts.  
 
Min had only made you feel good about yourself.  Yet, here you were ignoring his texts.  There had been more than one.  He was sweet and sincere in thinking that you were merely busy or still sleeping.  Sighing you managed to eat enough food to be excused from the table, flopping back onto your bed.  Unable to make the effort to burrow under the covers.  You lay there and wondered how you would know if you loved him.  
 
Jinho had been different.  You'd known that at first you'd been the one to fall first.  This time you were lagging behind and feeling lost.  How could you stand there and receive love without giving back the same? The situation made you uncomfortable.
 
 
 
"So, how did it go?" Kyu asked.  Min looked up from his phone.  He'd been staring at a picture he'd taken of you.  You hadn't responded to his messages, but he remembered how you'd reacted when he told you he loved you.  He'd seen the joy in your eyes.  He knew that even if you were not ready to say those words back to him, that hearing them had made you happy.  For now, he could live with knowing that you knew his heart. 
 
"Ah, I told her I love her," Min answered.  Kyu choked on the water he was drinking.  Hyuk noticed and came over to laugh.  
 
"Pabo! Was he trying to breathe and swallow at the same time again?" Hyuk crowed.  Kyu glared while catching his breath.
 
"Maybe," Min said ambiguously.  Hyuk rounded on him.  Sensing that Min was horribly hiding something rather than joining in on mocking the maknae.
 
"Spill!" Hyuk demanded.  Min stared at him with a neutral face.
 
"He told her he loves her," Kyu filled in helpfully.  Hyuk stared in surprise at Min who blushed and chose that moment to try evasion.
 
"Oh, Donghae!" Min called out suddenly.  Hyuk and Kyu grabbed onto one of his shoulders preventing him from leaving.  Donghae started to walk over to them.
 
"Don't think you can get away that easily!" Hyuk said menacingly.  Min looked between his two captors hoping to find sympathy but their eyes shone with the promise of what was to come.
 
"What's up?" Donghae asked.  Wondering why they were holding onto Min.
 
"Uh, that is, nothing is up," Min tried desperately.  Donghae frowned knowing that there was something but he had no idea of what it could be.
 
"So, did you take your shirt off too?" Hyuk asked with a devilish grin.
 
"What?" Donghae asked in confusion.  He was gaping at them with a smile creeping to his face.
 
"Hyung, are you, are you dating someone?" Donghae asked.  Min froze or at least his heart stopped for a moment as he saw the pieces click in Donghae's mind.  
 
"He is," Kyu answered.  
 
"And you used your muscles to impress her?" Donghae was laughing now.  
 
"Why you did it!" Min accused.  Hyuk's expression darkened.  
 
"You used your muscles to make my dongsaeng fall for you!" Hyuk was angrily spitting out the words.  Donghae stared his mouth open because he didn't know how to respond.  Before anyone else could say something Donghae and Hyuk were bolting across the room.  As Hyuk chased him yelling that he better keep his shirt on his body.  
 
"Don't think we're done talking," Kyu said.  Min sighed.
 
"So, what do you want to know?" Min asked.
 
"Well, did she say it back?" Kyu asked.  
 
"No, but she didn't exactly---" Min started to explain.  Kyu cut him off.
 
"I guess you do love her. You're making excuses for her and you're still happy even though she didn't say it.  As long as you're happy, then I'm happy for you too," Kyu said.  Min nodded even if he felt that Kyu had not said all of what he meant.  
 
Instead, he smiled as he saw you'd finally responded to his messages. 
 
"Can we have lunch together?" you'd asked finally after an hour of deliberation.
 
"Yes, should I pick you up?" he asked.  You told him he could and then flopped back down onto the bed.  Rolling over until your feet touched the floor.  You might as well shower and get ready.  Staying in this state you could only push yourself further into your doubts.
 
 
"See! Everything is fine!" Min said showing Kyu the messages.  
 
"If you say so," Kyu said.  Min happily slid his phone back into his bag pushing Kyu in front of him on their way back to dance practice.  He was suddenly feeling full of nerves that he wanted to work off.  
 
(AN: Update!  I know it's been a really long time, but I am back finally to writing more!  It's short, but I had to figure out some plot points.  I hope it's not too angsty!)