Who Are You?

I Didn't Like His Face
(AN: Update! Took longer than expected because I had to re-read.  Almost made a few minor errors with names...anyhow ENJOY!)
 
When you walked inside, you weren't prepared.  An alert sounded and a large number of the staff, not just the women, came rushing towards you.  They were asking questions and wondering where you went.  You stood there a little uncertain.  How did you answer their questions without offending them?  There was no way you were telling them details of what happened.  To admit that you'd been robbed! And then to top it off you were embarrassed as a woman hung all over him in front of you!  No way were you telling them anything.
 
"I'm going to work," you said.  Shoving through the crowd and ignoring their protests.  You locked the door to the locker room.  You weren't supposed to lock it, but you needed a minute.  
 
It was far from silent since they were all hanging around.  You felt the weight of the attention weighing on your mind.  If things were already this bad, then how could you deal with it if it got worse? You were already stressed out and you weren't even technically dating him.  How was this ever going to work?  Even if you were friends with him, you could not see this going well for you.  You were already afraid of being followed or threatened by crazy sasaeng fans.
 
When you re-emerged from the room, you were met with Hyesoo waiting for you.  She'd done it cleverly out of sight so you wouldn't be able to see.
 
"So, how was your lunch?" Hyesoo asked menacingly.  You winced hearing her voice.  You and her weren't exactly the best of friends.  You respected her for doing her job well, but that was it.  
 
"Fine," you answered not pausing. You walked back to the nurses's station to figure out what you needed to do next.  You were checking in to see what had happened while you were gone. 
 
"Wow, more than an hour for lunch?" Bongcha commented in a neutral tone.  She had trouble hiding her smile.
 
"Unni, I didn't mean to be gone so long!" you pouted.  She was head nurse but you were on her good side.  She knew you were a nurse because you wanted to help people and you had a hard time leaving the hospital.  She had a similar inclination only she'd outgrown her ability to be so steadfast.  Instead, she helped more people by taking charge of all the nurses in the ER.  Her word was law and you were glad she wasn't having the same reaction as everyone else.
 
"Why don't you go do your rounds?" she suggested.  You nodded before doing what she said.  You got questions and looks, but you ignored them.  You gave boring answers of yes and no and eventually the staff gave up.  They could gossip without you to help them keep the fire burning.  
 
At the end of your shift, you happily trudged into the locker room.  You were glad to get some real sleep.  You sometimes slept at the hospital like earlier when you were on call and you knew you basically would be coming back.  Especially when you had a large number of critical patients that you stayed there instead of wasting time commuting.  
 
You your phone to see a few messages.  Friends that wanted to meet up later, you sent back that you were exhuasted.  One from your brother asking if you had fallen asleep.  He said he'd be waiting for you in the park.  It was dark outside, so you wondered if he would still be out there.  As usual you'd gotten off a little later than you were meant to, but there was always so much to do.  You couldn't always help a little more before you left.
 
You put on your coat, the last sign that you were really done for the day.  The coat was a sign that even if they asked you that you would refuse.  A silent law that if you were wearing your coat then you were off limits and allowed to leave.  Only an extremely large amount of new critical patients could get the coat off of you.
 
As you pushed through the door, you dodged an ambulence crew bringing in a patient.  You refrained from engaging in conversation.  You were not getting into another case.  You needed sleep.  Instead you greeted the team, and left quietly.  The sun had set a few hours ago. You'd spent almost 24 hours at the hospital.  You had to report back for work in the morning.  You headed off to find Hyuntae. You smiled thinking about how his face would scrunch up when you greeted him.
 
Not paying attention to people around you, you found yourself bumping into someone.  
 
"Ah, sorry," you said quickly apologizing before moving off.  You were walking a little more rapidly after that mistake.  You heard loud steps behind you someone was running.  
 
"Taesun, Hello!" Min called.  He was standing in front of you feeling awkward.  Had you really not noticed him? Or had you avoided him on purpose?  He didn't want to know the answer because it meant either way that he wasn't on your radar.  Not in the way he wanted you to think of him. 
 
"Oh, Sungmin," you said startled, "What are you doing here?" you finished feeling foolish.  Of course, he's here! He offered to pick me up!I forgot all about it!  Great, now he's going to think I don't like him.  But, Hyuntae is waiting for me. I can't just leave him here either. While you were debating in your head what to do, Min waved a hand in front of your face.  You'd been too busy thinking to listen to him.
 
"Are you ok?" he asked concerned. You nodded to draw your mind back to the present.
 
"Yes, I'm tired though. I even forgot you were coming," you admitted.  You looked down at your shoes a little embarrassed that you'd forgotten about him.
 
"I see, well, can I take you home then?" he asked hopefully.  You stared at his eager face.  A bright smile and eyes that lit up like a Christmas tree.  
 
"Ah, but my dongsaeng is here.  I have to find him," you said a bit disappointed.  
 
"Really? That's too bad," he said seeming to hold onto his good mood.  Inside he was heartbroken that he had come all this way to get blown off. 
 
"Yes, but let me find him and then we can go get dinner?" you asked him.  Min's smile returned to full force.  Your eyes widened taking in the bright shine of his face.  His happiness was almost over whelming. Difficult to look at him with a such a pure look of joy on his face.  
 
"Yah, where are you? I'm outside!" you texted your brother.  You were waiting outside with silence between you.  
 
"On my way." was the reply you got.  You rolled your eyes.  Typical.  He didn't give you any details so you were stuck waiting for him to show up. He was probably flirting with someone inside the lounge.  Yes, he did date your co-workers.  Yes, it did bother you because they would get attached to him and then you'd be stuck awkwardly in the middle.  
 
As you waited you started to shiver slightly.  You felt cold outside even with your coat.  For some reason, it was colder outside than you'd anticipated.  Before you could protest, Min had draped his coat over you.  
 
"There, is that better?" you nodded speechless.  
 
"Did that really just happen?" you thought.  Wait, a minute I heard that...you turned seeing your brother staring angrily at Min.
 
"Who are you? Why are you putting the moves on my noona!?!" he yelled.