Bearing Burdens

I Didn't Like His Face
You frowned at your open closet.  You reached for a hanger and then hesitated.  Should you dress up or not?  You groaned from indecision.  You took out two choices and then did your worst.  
 
Eenie, meenie, minie, moe, catch a tiger by it's toe...you stopped yourself.  Even in your mind this was ridiculous.  You were an adult.  You could decide what to wear without a children's rhyme.  
 
In a split second, you'd tossed the comfortable outfit back into your closet.  The dress you ped and shimmied into.  Feeling only slightly exposed, even as you zipped it closed.  The dress had sheer long black lace sleeves while a black and white knit diamonds made up the center and a black sheer flounce peeked out at the bottom.  It was certainly warmer than most of the short sleeved formal dresses you owned.  You grabbed a jacket in case you got cold.  Slipping into the same heels Min had bought you, you thought the overall outcome was good.
 
As you closed the door to your room, your mother certainly noticed you were dressed nicely.
 
"Omo, are you going out on a date?" she asked.  You nodded.
 
"Oh, that is lovely," she said a gleam in her eye.  She'd brought the dress home.  Another outfit she'd snuck into your closet but you liked it.
 
"Yes, thank you," you said.  She smiled happily and went back into the kitchen.  You knew that she'd wanted you to acknowledge her taste.  Checking your phone, you saw that Min was on his way.  Leaning back into the couch, you closed your eyes for a few minutes.  Trying to settle your nerves through relaxation, but when the door bell chimed, your heart jumped.
 
You were about to stand up, but your mother came flying out of the kitchen.  You stared in shock as she made it to the door in three seconds flat.  Stopping to adjust her hair before answering the door.  
 
"Oh, Sungmin! You're here to pick up Taesun? Please come inside," she said sweetly.  You grimaced hearing her transformation into an overly flowery voice.  Min appeared and you got up quickly crossing the floor.  
 
"Hi, I'm ready to go," you said.  He smiled at you, and you took his hand about to pull him out the door to safety.  
 
"OMO! Are you having lunch? Then you should have lunch here!" your mother said.  Your mouth popped open.  She was using manners to trap you here! You glared at her, but she ignored your anger.  Instead, she took Min's other hand and led him to the table.  
 
You got pulled along in their wake.  Sighing you watched, as she revealed a full table of food.  Min was complimenting her cooking skills.  Then, she pulled out a chair and practically pushed him into you.  You were astounded by her boldness.  She got away with it too!  You stomped your foot in anger.  
 
"Oh, Taesun, you shouldn't wear such high heels in the house," she said sweetly.  You narrowed your eyes at her, knowing that she was masking your feelings.  Min saw your shoes and his face light up.  Sighing you stepped out of them, suddenly feeling more exposed.
 
"Oh, dear, you should wear slippers in the house, your feet will get cold," she chided.  In defeat, you knelt to pick up your heels, trudging into your room to put them away.  Your slippers on, you began to return.  
 
"Oh, Taesun, would you get Sungmin a pair of slippers too?" she called.  You grit your teeth but did as you were bid.  You could hear them talking and your mother asking prying questions about his schedule and health habits.  She was obviously judging him more deeply as a candidate to be your husband.  
 
"Should I help you wear them?" you asked Min.  He blushed and reached for them before you could put them on his feet.  You bit your lip seeing him be so flustered by such a small gesture.  
 
"OH, Taesun, I forgot the pepper! Would you go get it for me?" your mother asked.  You sighed, getting up from the table.  This continued throughout lunch.  Your mother requesting you to do some small task leaving her alone with Min.  Then, she would ask him lots of questions which were probably invasive and personal while you were out of earshot.  
 
All in all, the lunch was awful.  Min looked sorry for you, but also a bit uncomfortable.  You wondered if he'd been imagining holding onto you and not letting you leave him alone with your mother, but he had little choice.  It would be bad manners for both of you to refuse.  
 
Finally, you were requested to clear the table and you took out a giant stack of dishes.  You heard a commotion in which Min hastily got up from the table.  He appeared in the kitchen near you.
 
"I get to wash dishes.  I insisted," he said.  You giggled and handed him a towel.  He didn't accept it.  Instead he leaned closer and kissed you.  You froze before leaning into the kiss.  This moment making up for the weird lunch both of you had suffered through.
 
"That was too easy," he remarked.  You stared at him in confusion.  He laughed triumphantly holding up the sponge.  He'd stolen it out of your hands while kissing you.  He nudged you out of the way with his hip.  You were too startled to protest.
 
"Yah, that's cheating!" you declared.  He laughed while washing.  
 
"Really? Then why don't you try it?" he prompted.  You smiled and leaned in to kiss him again, while trying to take the sponge back.  He didn't let go, and instead dipped you backwards with his other arm, so you had to let go and hold onto him.  Your arms wrapped around his neck for support.  
 
"Ok, I need air," he said.  You laughed silently.  He glared at you and you laughed harder.  He pouted but it didn't stop you, and so he kissed you some more.  After he pulled back again, he helped you to stand up again.  He calmly went back to washing dishes while you tried to hide you were impressed.  
 
"I admit defeat," you said.  He turned around shooting you a smile.  You wrapped your arms around his waist hugging him from behind.  You rested your head against his shoulder.  
 
"Thank you for humoring my mother. It means a lot to me," you said.  You knew that now it didn't matter if you said those three words back.  All that mattered was that he made you feel comfortable in every situation you found yourself in.  You were no longer felt burdened.  You could see that he was happy just being with you and you were happy being with him too.
 
"I know," he said softly.  You didn't let go and rested your head on one of his shoulders, watching as he washed the dishes.  When he was done, he didn't let you dry any of them either.  Any attempt you made was thwarted, and he kept playfully returning your hands to hold him around the waist.  
 
"There's one more thing I wanted to talk to you about before I leave," he said as he put down the towel.
 
"What is it?" you asked as he turned around with you letting go of him.  He smiled as he reached into his pocket.  You stared as he pulled out a box.
 
"Open it," he said mysteriously.  You smiled as you opened the box to see two silver bands.  They were simple with no etchings or jewels.
 
"I didn't want to wait a hundred days to give you this," he said.  You were already beaming as you picked one out of the box.  He took it and slid it onto your finger.  It fit perfectly.  You were stunned that it fit on your finger.
 
"Oh my, you asked my MOTHER!" you whispered fiercely.  He bit his lip and nodded.  
 
"That's why she was asking you so many questions!" you said.  It finally made sense, he'd called and asked your mother what size ring you wore.
 
"Do you like it?" he asked hesitantly.
 
"Yes, I do," you said sincerely.  You slipped the other ring onto his finger.  He interlaced your fingers staring down at them.  
 
"Thank you," you said moving closer to kiss him.  
 
Sadly, you heard a click.  You separated to see your mother with her camera.  You attempted to move towards her to get her camera, but Min wouldn't let you go.  Instead he pushed you ahead of him towards the front door, and you unwillingly watched as he put his shoes back on.
 
"You're leaving?" you asked disappointed.  
 
"Yes, I have to go back to work," he said.  You nodded sadly.  He grinned hugging before he left.  You slumped against the wall as the door closed.  
 
Your mother racing forward and picking up your hand to inspect your ring.
 
"What? No diamond?!?" she remarked surprised.  
 
"YAH! It's a couple ring! Not an engagement ring!" you huffed stomping off to your room.  You weren't really angry though as you held up your hand and gazed at the ring on your finger.  You knew that your relationship was exactly where you wanted it to be.
 

(AN: Update! Yes! I know I have not updated in a while! But I've been working on a lot of projects.  This one fell a bit behind, but here it is!  Also, I hope you will like this new fic I'm writing with my friend, Frosty_Maiden.  Here's the link: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/579045/did-you-hear-that-bang-bigbang-blockb-comedy-romance I hope you enjoy it as well!!)