My Calendar

I Didn't Like His Face

(AN: So I did actually wake uplate last night  from a nap and wrote this.  I really don't remember all of it, but it turns out it's good.  So no changes!!)

 

The phone vibrated.  A text came in, "Noona, where are you?" from Tae Hyun.  
 
"Noona?" Min said.  "What?" Immediately not thinking, he was about to reply, when he got another text.
 
"Noona, Mom wants you to get some eggs."
 
"Wait, a second..." Min was scrolling through the phone.  None of these contacts were his.  That meant that he had your phone.  Oh no, you had his phone.  With all of his personal information.  Okay, don't freak out.  I am not going to freak out over this.  Deep breaths.  Stay calm.  She's not crazy?  Right? Oh crap, I don't know that.  What if she took my phone on purpose?
 
Right, there's only one thing I can do...
 
"Oh, noona you're home!" Tae Hyun said.  
 
"Oh, yes. I'm home," you said.  Staring at him, why did he seem so worried?
 
"Did you get any of my messages?" he asked inspecting your empty hands. 
 
"What? No..." you said pulling out your phone as it rang.  
 
"Ah, that's weird..." you said looking at it.  The ID said that you were calling yourself.  That's not possible right?  
 
"He-hello?" you answered.  Tae Hyun was staring at you.  He had no idea if there was something wrong with you or if this was your usual level of strange.  Can't all women ever stick to a normal state of mind he thought?  
 
"Ah, hello.  This is Lee Sungmin," you heard from the deep voice. 
 
"Are you sure? You sound different over the phone..." you said.  You heard him cough on the other end.
 
"Ah, yes well. I don't have an explantion for that," he said.  You frowned. 
 
"What? Was he too afraid to call me?" you asked immediately suspicious.
 
"Ye-...no, it's really me!" he insisted.  You thought quickly.  Wait, a second, that voice still sounds familiar.
 
"Is this Cho Kyuhyun?" you asked not knowing what else to think. You heard some scratching noises.  He must have covered the phone.  You smirked.  SO you were right after all.  They were obviously panicking right now and figuring out what to do.
 
On the other end...
 
Kyu covered the phone so you wouldn't hear them. 
 
"She knows!!! She recognized my voice!" Kyu said.  His eyes were wild as he began to panic.
 
"What? How is that possible?" Min asked frantically.  "Why didn't you deny it?!?" he cried. 
 
"Well, she definitely knows now," Hyuk commented dryly.  Somewhat enjoying their crisis.  
 
"You take the phone," Kyu said throwing it to Min.
 
"What? No, you take it!" he said throwing it back.  
 
"YAH! She's your--your person!" Kyu yelled throwing it back.  Min frustrated threw it to Hyuk.  
 
"YAH! I'm not involved in this!" Hyuk protested throwing back to Min.  
 
"YAH!!!!!! Stop throwing my phone!!!" they heard from you.  Tae Hyun was staring at you with wide eyes.  Now, he was really confused.  Ignoring him, you stepped back outside into the front yard.
 
"Is someone going to talk to me?" you asked.  Min gulped as he carefully put the phone near his face again.
 
"Ye-ye-yes," he said.  
 
"Sungmin? Is that you?" you asked much quieter. 
 
"Yes...it's really me," he said.  Hyuk rolled his eyes, getting up to leave and pulling Kyu after him.  The less they heard the better for everyone. 
 
"So, we accidentally switched phones. Sorry about that, I must have grabbed the wrong one," you said.  You waited for some sort of response.
 
"Yes, I didn't notice until I got a text from your brother asking you to buy eggs," he said uncomfortably.
 
"Oh, well that explains one thing," you said.  Tae Hyun had been more worried about his dinner than you.  Everything was back to normal again.
 
"If you say so," he said. 
 
"Look, I don't know what your schedule is like, but I don't have time tonight to switch back. I have to report to work in a few hours. I was going to sleep for a few hours.  Then I have a shift which will probably turn into a double," you told him.
 
"Oh, well, um I don't have my schedule memorized, but it's in my calendar," he said.  
 
"Uh, ok. Um, should I send it to you? I promise, I haven't touched it until you called," you added.
 
"Yes, that would be good. My manager adds it in so I'm always checking it for updates," he said. 
 
"Ok, well, um. Can you tell me how to access it?" you asked him.
 
"It's nothing special, just the regular calendar..." he said.
 
"Yes, well, I don't use that so I wasn't sure," you admitted.
 
"Oh, ok. Um, where exactly do you work?" he asked.
 
"Oh, I'm an ER nurse at Cha General," you told him.  (AN: Just random search and this is a real hospital in Gangnam.)
 
"Really? Wow," he said much louder than he thought.
 
"Yes, really," you said laughing.
 
"OH, you heard that, um ok. I'll try to come by sometime tomorrow if that's ok?" he asked.
 
"Sure, just call and we can swap our phones again," you told him.
 
"Would you like to have lunch? Or maybe dinner? With me?" he asked. He was biting his lip in anticipation of your answer.  Also, becuase he felt a little past crazy asking you out.  He should have considered that Kyu said you were a crazy fan.  He shouldn't blindly date you, but then he thought he'd meet you. You hadn't seemed crazy.  You seemed nice and pretty.
 
"Yes, but I don't usually have a lot of time when I'm working," you told him being honest. 
 
"Oh, so not tomorrow," he said allowing his disappointment to be heard.
 
"I can't promise anything, but maybe another day," you said.  Not knowing why you had said yes exactly.  It was against your better judgment.  You should not attempt to date this guy.  He was an idol.  One that didn't exactly have the best reputation.  A guy that could best you with aegyo wasn't your type, but it's been a weird day so why not?  What have I got to lose saying yes?  He has a job. He's attractive and single.  He's in good shape and he's not that much older than me.  Plus, he's not a doctor and he doesn't work at the hospital.  A bit amazing if you consider my history of being unable to get dates outisde of work.  I can't stand to date another arrogant doctor.  This guy is probably so fed up with ego-fluffing fan girls that he might like me.  A normal, average not glamorous working woman.  
 
"I'll see you tomorrow then," he said.  He hung up quickly before anything could go wrong.  He was lucky you'd been too distraced to ask him why he'd not called himself in the first place.  No need to accuse you of being a sasaeng fan just yet.  At least not after earlier when you'd left with his phone by accident.  Who knew? Maybe if you heard that again you might walk off with his shoes or worse his shirt! Leaving his abs vulnerable to hundreds of fan girls.  They'd chase him to the ends of the Earth to get close to those.  He shuddered pulling down his shirt and holding his abs.  Wanting to make sure that they were fully covered.  
 
Sighing, you flicked through his phone. You were able to open the calendar, but you didn't know how to send it.  
 
"Great," you said before nearly pressing the redial button.  Not wanting to do that, you went back inside to get Tae Hyun to do it for you.  
 
"Yah, Hyuntae?" you called.  That was your nickname for your brother, it sounded similar to Pyun-tae which means ert.  It annoyed him, but he couldn't do much about it. After all, he still hadn't been able to defeat you at arm wrestling.  Poor kid, he never had a chance.  You were strong from all those hours working in the emergency room.  Constantly lifting patients and holding people still.  He may work out, but not nearly enough to equal your normal working day.  With lifting and running and cleaning to keep you in top form.
 
"I need some help," you confessed.  As you got him to help you share access to Min's calendar.  He gave you a few weird looks but when you threatened to hit him, he stopped asking questions.