Can I Love You?

Fate Led Me to You

DongHae POV 

 

I opened my eyes and the first thing I saw was HyunMi sleeping next to me, with my arms around her. Shocked, I nearly fell off the bed. Why was she sleeping here? I looked over to the clock and realized it was almost 8. HyunMi still had school. I slightly shook her and woke her up.

 

"HyunMi-ah, wake up. You still have to go to school," I said softly. She mumbled something about five minutes and kept sleeping. I stared at her flawless face. My heart raced. How can you make me feel like this? I admired her features when my eyes fell down to her lips. I slightly blushed and remembered the incident yesterday. I had almost kissed her... How I wish I could tell you I like you, I thought. I kept on admiring her face and tucked a strand of hair behind her ears. Her eyes were a bit puffy... Did she cry yesterday? Her eyes slowly fluttered open and when she saw me, her eyes widened. She turned around to leave, nearly falling off like me but I caught her arm in time and pulled her close. We stared at each other again as I heard a knock on the door. Her sister walked in and stared at us with wide eyes again, not being able to process what was happening in front of her. Aish! Why do our moments have to always be interrupted? 

 

"U-Unnie... Why are you sleeping with DongHae oppa?" HyunJi asked, shocked. HyunMi quickly stood up and straightened her crinkled shirt. She fell back suddenly which caught me off guard. Luckily, she fell on the bed. She held her head and sat there got a moment.

 

"Kwenchana?" I asked, worried and put my hand on her hand subconsciously. 

 

"Ne... I stood up too fast, that's why," she explained, removing my hand from hers which triggered a little jab of pain from my heart. I watched her stand up and try to explain what happened.

 

"Unnie, it wasn't a staring contest this time," her sister said.

 

"W-Well, my bed had a bug and you know how I hate them, right?  Well DongHae heard me panic about it and offered to let me sleep here. I guess he was too tired and didn't remember where he was supposed to sleep, so we ended up on the same bed," she lied.

 

"Ah... Really?" Her sister asked suspiciously.

 

"Ne..." She said.

 

"Arraso then. Umma told me to come up to tell you to wake up but I couldn't find you in your room..." She trailed off.

 

"Well I'm going to wash up. Oppa, you should too," HyunMi said and walked out of the room.  

I stared at her as she left. She wasn't acting like her usual self, I thought. Did something happen? And why did we end up in the same bed? I shook the thought off and went to the washroom.  I came out of the shower with only a towel around my waist, when a knock came from the door and HyunMi came in.  I stood there shocked, half .  She blushed and slammed the door behind her.  I quickly put a shirt and some pants on and opened the door to find her sitting down against the wall. I tapped her shoulder and she looked up.

"Ah oppa. I was just checking up on you but..." She trailed off, "mian." 

 

"Ani it's okay. I'm a guy anyway," I said, chuckling.

 

"Well breakfast is on the table. Come down when you're ready," she said tiredly.  I nodded and she went downstairs.  Soon after, I walked down and found HyunMi putting her shoes on. I rushed to the door.

 

"HyunMi, I'll walk you to school, huh?" I smiled. She stared at me and nodded, not saying anything. I quickly put my shoes on opened the door for the both of us. We both walked in silence until I couldn't take the quiet anymore.

 

"HyunMi, are you okay?" I asked worriedly.

 

"Yeah, I'm fine," she said, not lifting her eyes off the ground. I held her cheeks and lifted her chin to face me.

 

"Ani, you look like a panda with puffy eyes. Did you cry?" I asked her softly. She pulled away from my grasp and shook her head; then continued walking. I grabbed her wrist, not realizing my strength until she winced in pain. I quickly let go as she kept walking.

 

"Did I do something wrong?" I asked. No answer. 

 

"If I did, I'm sorry," I said with a pleading tone. 

 

"Ani... I'm just tired. Kaja or I'll be late," she smiled. Though it wasn't filled with happiness, like her usual smiles. We continued to walk until we reached her school. Her friend ran over to her and looked up at me.

 

"A-Ah, annyeonghasaeyo, DongHae-ssi!" She bowed, "Park SoEun-imnida! I'm HyunMi's best friend," She said, out stretching her hand.

 

"Annyeonghasaeyo, Lee DongHae-imnida." I said, shaking her hand. I let go as HyunMi gently urged her friend towards the school. 

 

"Wait!" She said to HyunMi, who looked at her in surprise.

 

"I need to give this to DongHae," she said, walking towards me.

 

"DongHae-ssi, this is my phone number. If you need anything that relates to HyunMi, you can contact me," she said, smiling. I nodded and thanked her as they walked toward the school. HyunMi looked back and I waved at her and smiled. She smiled weakly and continued walking with her friend. I remember HyunMi mentioning that her friend likes Hyukkie, I thought. I looked at the piece of paper and tucked it into my jacket pocket. With one last glance at HyunMi, I turned back towards her house.

 

HyunMi POV

 

I heard DongHae's voice, faintly calling in my head. Why was he here?

 

"HyunMi-ah, wake up. You still have to go to school," I heard. I mumbled 5 more minutes, though I was subconsciously talking because I was half asleep. My eyes opened to revealed DongHae resting his head on the pillow and staring at me. As my head began to put all the pieces and incident of yesterday, together, I began to leave and nearly fell off the bed. As I waited for pain, DongHae grabbed my arm in time and pulled me close. We stared at each other again like yesterday. DongHae, why are you doing this to me? You like someone else so I don't have a right to interfere with your love life but I can't help it, I thought as my heart raced. Is it still wrong to love you secretly? Suddenly, my sister bursted into the room. I quickly stood up and brushed the crinkles off my shirt; which I regret doing so quickly. Soon, the blood rushed to my head and I could only see black as my knees grew weak and I fell back onto the bed. I held my head for a second, when DongHae asked me if I was okay.

 

"Kwenchana?" He asked, putting his hand on my hand.

 

"Ne... I stood up too fast, that's why," I explain, swiftly removing his hand from mine. No, I can't keep loving you, I thought, these actions would only make me fall for you more. I stood up again and tried to think of an explaination.

 

"Unnie, it wasn't a staring contest this time," HyunJi said.

 

"W-Well, my bed had a bug and you know how I hate them, right? DongHae heard me panic about it and offered to let me sleep here. I guess he was too tired and didn't remember where he was supposed to sleep, so we ended up on the same bed," I lied.

"Ah... Really?" She asked suspiciously.

 

"Ne..." I said.

 

She said our mom told her to come upstairs to check on my but she didn't find me in my room. I nodded and headed to the washroom to wash up, as I told DongHae to do the same. After washing up, I decided to go check up on DongHae. I knocked on the door to tell him I was coming in, and when I entered, I saw DongHae with his bare chest and a towel wrapped around his waist; his hair still damp. I widened my eyes and quickly closed the door. My heart raced. His body was so well built and... Snap out if it! Aish, Lee HyunMi! You should've waited for his signal to let you in, pabo! I was in the middle of mentally scolding myself when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I look up to find DongHae smiling down at me, which didn't help my heart slow down.

 

"Ah oppa. I was just checking up on you but..." I trailed off, "mian." 

 

"Ani it's okay. I'm a guy anyway," he said, chuckling.

 

"Well breakfast is on the table. Come down when you're ready," I said tiredly. He nodded and I went downstairs. 

 

"HyunJi, where's umma?" I asked curiously.

 

"Oh, she had an important business call so she had to go to work," she said. I nodded and walked past her to get a glass of water. I didn't have an appetite, so I decided to just go to school. As I said goodbye to HyunJi and put on my shoes, DongHae came downstairs and offered to walk me to school. I nodded blankly on response because I didn't know what to say. DongHae, why are you still being so nice to me? We walked in silence until DongHae said something.

 

"HyunMi, are you okay?" He asked.

 

"Yeah, I'm fine," I said, not lifting my eyes off the ground. I felt hands cup my face and my eyes was directed to DongHae's.

 

"Ani, you look like a panda with puffy eyes. Did you cry?" He asked me, looking into my eyes. I pulled pulled away from his grasp and shook my head. I continued walking until a sharp pain formed around my wrist. I winced in pain and realized it was DongHae. I ignored it and continued walking.

 

"Did I do something wrong?" He asked. I ignored the question.

 

"If I did, I'm sorry," he said with a pleading tone. 

 

"Ani... I'm just tired. Kaja or I'll be late," I said and smiled at him. We continued walking towards my school when SoEun ran over to us.

 

"A-Ah, annyeonghasaeyo, DongHae-ssi!" She bowed to DongHae, "Park SoEun-imnida! I'm HyunMi's best friend," She said, out stretching her hand.

 

"Annyeonghasaeyo, Lee DongHae-imnida." He introduced himself, shaking her hand. I gently pushed SoEun towards the school when she stopped.

 

"Wait!" She said, as I looked at her in surprise. 

 

"I need to give this to DongHae," she said, holding a piece of paper and walking towards him.

 

"DongHae-ssi, this is my phone number. If you need anything that relates to HyunMi, you can contact me," she said, smiling. I mentally complained in my head. Aish! SoEun, I'm trying to get over him but if you give him your phone number-

 

"Kaja," she said, pulling my arm and interrupted my thoughts.  I nodded and walked with her.  I looked back to find DongHae waving and I smiled weakly at him and turned around.

 

*A FEW HOURS LATER, AT LUNCH*

 

I poked at the food on my plate.  I still had no appetite from crying so much last night.  SoEun was sitting across from me and looked up.

 

"Yah, Lee HyunMi.  Why are you like this today?  Did something happen with you and DongHae?" she asked curiously.  DongHae's name caught my attention.

 

"A-Ani..." I stuttered softly.

 

"You seemed depressed today... care to tell your best friend what's wrong?" she nudged me gently.  I sighed and nodded.

 

"DongHae likes someone else..." I began.  She stared at me intently, to see if I was telling the truth.  

 

"And... you're sad because you like- ani, LOVE him, am I correct?" she said, pointing out the facts.  I nodded and sighed again.  

 

"Before I met him, I assumed it was just that fan-love.  But now that I've spent time with him over the past few days, I realized I really did have feelings for him... but he doesn't feel the same way about me," I explained.

 

"What are you talking about?  Didn't he buy you that bear?  He hugged you when you cried, and he bought you a whole bunch of things.  Don't you think his intentions are more than being friendly?" she asked.

 

"Well I heard him talk to EunHyuk on the phone yesterday... well I'm guessing it was him... and he said we were just friends; that he liked someone else," I spitted out, my eyes stinging.  SoEun sat there and didn't reply.  The bell soon rang and we headed back to our next classes.  I said goodbye to SoEun as I grabbed my textbook and walked swiftly to my next class.  But before I arrived, I ran into someone and dropped my textbooks.  I collected them off the floor and looked up, revealing a familiar figure and face, even though it was covered by a pair of sunglasses.  I gasped as I recognized the face and my textbooks dropped to the floor once again as he said something:

 

"Annyeong!"

 

SoEun POV

 

DongHae doesn't like HyunMi?  How can that be?  After all HyunMi has told me, he has to have at least a smidge of feelings for her.  DongHae wouldn't play with a girl's feelings like that.  I got lost in my thoughts when my phone vibrated.  I slowly took it out and looked at the screen:

 

TEXT MESSAGES (Green is the sender [the POV], gray is the recipient)

Is this SoEun?  It's DongHae, by the way.  I was texting just to make sure! Keke.  Text back so I can tell you!

 

Ah, so it's DongHae.  I added him as my contacts and texted him back.

 

To: DongHae
From: SoEun

 

Ne, this is me.  And what is it that you want to ask me? ^^


To: SoEun
From: DongHae

 

I'll tell you about it later... But I was wondering, is HyunMi okay?  She doesn't seem like herself today.

 

So he did notice, I thought.  People usually don't notice HyunMi's change in mood unless they really care about her.  HyunMi, you might be wrong about DongHae not having mutual feelings with you, I said in my head.

 

To: DongHae
From: SoEun

 

To be honest, she isn't really.  I'll tell you later.  Can we meet at the cafe a few blocks away after school?  It's called Cafe Latte.

 

To: SoEun
From: DongHae

 

Arraso.  I'll see you there ^^

 

I put down my phone and looked at the clock.  1 more period to go and I can clear up this whole problem... Hopefully.  I sighed and copied down the random equations my teacher wrote on the board, when someone peered through the small window on the door.  I squinted to get a better sight and I recognized his familiar face.  Ani... it can't be, I thought.  He knocked on the door and the teacher stopped writing.  She realized who it was and quickly opened the door for him.  The girls in the class gasped, realizing who it was.  

 

"Hello everyone!" he said cheerfully.

 


who is this mysterious guy both HyunMi and SoEun meet ? :DD remember to subscribe and comment ^^ thank you to my subscribers :D

What's going to happen next ? o:

Even he^ doesn't know . LOL . annyeong for now ~