Butterflies & Promises

Fate Led Me to You

Donghae POV

We arrive earlier than usual. It was about a week before the actual concert. Our manager decided to let us explore and have some fun instead of just flying to the concert venue, performing, and then leaving. I agreed to his suggestion since I really needed a break. My van was driving past on quiet road when a saw a young girl walking by herself. The members weren't here with me so I was alone in the van; excluding the driver. I curiously looked behind her and saw a figure following her. Her pace quickened when she realized there was someone behind her.  I suddenly felt the need to protect her so I quickly told the driver to stop beside the girl. As I got up and stepped out of the van, I put my arms around her shoulders gently urged her inside. I got a glimpse of her face. Paled skinned and almond eyes, I smiled at her beauty while I told her to get on and she listened. As we were being driven down the street, she stuttered something to me in a nervous voice.

 

"U-uhm sir, may I ask what you are going to do to me?" 

 

I quickly told her I wasn't going to harm her, and told her that a girl like her shouldn't be walking in the streets alone but I said it in such a voice that even surprised me. She lowered her head and apologized which caught me off guard. I softened my voice and told her I didn't want to see girls like her get hurt. At this remark, she raised her head to face me and let out a cute gasp. Ever since she entered the car, she has never once looked up. I was surprised at her sudden movement. She stared at me with an innocent sparkle in her eyes; and I stared back. In this lighting, I couldn't make out her face well. Though I could see better than her side view. She stared at my arm around her shoulders and I quickly slipped my hands off her and apologized sheepishly.  As I moved, I was able to admire her features.  Her cheeks were plump, which reminded me of mochi; her lips curved into such a perfect shape. Her eyelashes curled so naturally, and that's when I noticed she wasn't wearing any make up or coverage.

"Y-you're L-Lee DongHae...." She managed to say.

 

"Ne, I am." I chuckled at her reaction as I stepped out of the trace of admiring her face.

 

She began to blush as I could see from the dim lights of from the street. She fiddled with her phone as I saw a keychain with my name in it. She must be a fan of mine.

 

HyunMi POV

 

The great Lee DongHae was right next to me; the one every fan girl swooned over.  He was sitting beside me, his arms wrapped around my shoulder.  His presence was so warm.  I pinched my skin and felt a sharp pain and winced a bit; I wasn't dreaming. I turned to stare at his arm around me and when he noticed, he quickly slid his arms off my shoulder.

 

"Miane," he apologized as he rubbed the back of his head in embarrassment.  How cute, I thought.

 

I started fiddling with my phone, which was always a habit of mine when I was bored or nervous. I looked up and realized Donghae was staring at my phone, more specifically, the keychain. I felt a rush of warmth rush to my cheek as I tried to cover up the keychain with my hand. His mood suddenly changed as he chuckled at my reaction.

 

"So you're a fan of mine?" He raised his eyebrow, asking in curiosity.

 

"Y-yes.  I am." I replied, stuttering, still not believing my dream guy was sitting right next to me.  I took a deep breath in and out, trying not to seem too nervous.

 

"Ah, jinja?  So are you going to our concert next week?"  He said in that serene voice of his, "and by the way, you don't have to be scared.  I won't hurt you, especially my fans, right?" he finished and chuckled again.

 

"Ne, I am going to your concert." I said in a more comfortable tone as a smile crept along my lips.  And I'm very excited too, I thought.

 

"Assa!  That means I will see you soon, right?" he asked me as his lips curved into that handsome smile of his.  He held out his pinky towards me, "Pinky promise?" he asked with aegyo.  Childish Hae, I thought as a grinned, but that was a reason why I liked him.

 

"Promise!" I said cheerfully as I intertwined my pinky with his.  He laughed at my action as I flushed bright pink.  

 

"So where do you live?" He asked as he peered through the window, looking at the houses.

 

"Ah!  Over there!"  I pointed at a cream coloured house.

 

"Ah... nice house" he smiled he told the driver to stop in front of my house.

 

"Kamsamnida, Donghae-ssi!" I said I got out of the car and I waved to him.

 

"No problem!  Remember our promise, right?  I'll see you soon!"  He smiled and closed the van door.  I waved until the van was no longer in sight.

 

"Of course, Donghae.  It's our promise." I said out loud as a grinned and blushed.  I walked through the door into the house, welcomed by a not-so-happy mother.

 

Donghae POV 

 

My stomach felt like a million butterflies were fluttering around.  Why was I so excited to see her again?  She's just a fan, Lee Donghae.  You're excited because you love your fans, I thought to myself.  Even so, I couldn’t stop thinking about her pale tone, mochi cheeks and her almond shaped eyes.  My heart beated faster at that thought.  I couldn't help but smile the whole way back to the hotel.  I was walking towards the entrance to the hotel when someone head locked me.

 

"YAH! LEE DONGHAE! Where have you been?!" shouted a voice that was too familiar.

 

"Yah, Lee HyukJae, you really need to do this after hours of not seeing me?" I asked playfully.

 

"Of course!" he said as he noogied me.

 

"Hajima! (Stop)" I yelled at him.

 

"Arasso" he said, loosening his grip, "but seriously, where have you been?  It's already like 10!"

 

"Oh I was driving around town and I met this girl named-" I stopped.  I forgot to ask for her name.  Aish!  Lee Donghae!  You forgetful fish!

 

"... Named?" EunHyuk asked.

 

"Hyung, I forgot to ask for her name..." I trailed off.

 

"You pabo-ah!" Eunhyuk hit my head playfully, "How could you forget to ask?"

 

"Kwenchana!  She's going to our concert so I will ask her there!" I replied cheerfully.

 

"Aish... still a pabo." He said as he ran off.

 

"Yah!  Says the biggest one of us all!" I yelled as I chased after him.


What's going to happen to HyunMi ? o:  And Donghae.. why is he so excited to meet you? (:

Subscribe to this story to get notified & thanks a lot to those who have subbed me already :D