Reconciled

Fate Led Me to You

DongHae POV
 

"Oppa? What are you doing here?" She asked, bewildered by my appearance.
 

"Oh. I was staying here because your sister was alone..." I trailed off, rubbing the back of my neck.
 

"Ah... Where is she now?" HyunJi asked, scanning the room.
 

"Why aren't you asking questions?" I asked her, amazed by the fact that she wasn't really surprised when I told her why I was here.
 

"About what?" She stared at me and then nodded her head. "Ah, why you're sleeping here? I heard the news about the concert! You asked her to be your girlfriend right? So I don't think it's weird to sleep over."

 

I nodded my head, smiling. But the fact HyunMi said we were done crept at me. Did she really mean it?
 

"HyunJi-ah? Oppa has something to confess," I said, gathering all my courage.
 

"What is it?" 
 

"Well... You're sister and I are kind of in a fight right now..."
 

"Bwo? What happened?"
 

"It was my fault," I said, spilling out all the facts. She just shook her head.
 

"Aigoo, oppa, you such a napeun namja (bad man)!  If I were her, I would probably think you cheated too! This has happened to her before..." she said, shaking her head.  That's when I realized about her ex, the one who cheated on her.  Aish, Lee DongHae!  You're such a fool!  You promised not to do this to her too!
 

"I know..." I said, lowering my head, "but I don't know what to do now! She won't talk to me; she even said we should break up."
 

"Apologize to her then! How can oppa be so narrow-minded?" 
 

"But how?" A thought then came to my mind.
 

"Ah! Do you have any candles?" I asked her.
 

"Yeah, it that cabinet over there, wae?"
 

"I'm going to apologize to her, and you're going to help me," I said to her, smiling. I told her the plan and headed out to buy her flowers; roses, to be specific. I came back to her house and took the candles, laying then out one by one, forming the words "forgive me" on the grass. I then told HyunJi to go up to her sister and tell her to come down. I hid behind the house and waited. In the distance, I could see a familiar van, pulling up by the curb. Wasn't that one of our vans? I shrugged the thought off as the sound of the door alerted me, followed by hurried footsteps. I stepped out of the dark and walked towards her, a rose in my hand. We were finally face to face when I saw tears in her eyes. She began to walk away when I stopped her with my words.
 

"HyunMi, saranghae," I said. She turned to me again and started hitting me on the chest, tears flowing down her cheek.
 

"You napeun namja!" She cried, gently hitting me. 
 

"You know how I felt? It was as if I were in a living hell. My heart felt like it was jabbed over and over again. I felt as if I were being torn apart from the inside.  The image of you kissing her kept on flashing into my mind, like it was on replay. I felt like I was worthless, and I was some kind of pain killer you would take to make you happy.  The pain in my heart was almost unbearable!" She yelled, her eyes wet with tears.
 

I pulled her into a hug and embraced her tightly, burying my face in her hair and inhaling the scent.
 

"I was wrong. I was wrong for just standing there. I was wrong for not explaining.  I was wrong for not hugging you tight until you stopped crying.  And I was wrong for making you go through this pain. I thought I would never be able to bury my face in your hair like this again," I admitted, "when you said we should end our relationship, you know how I felt? It was as if my heart broke in half, and then it was broken even further. As if my heart shattered into millions and thousands of pieces."
 

She buried her face in my chest and wrapped her arms around my waist.
 

"You're the one for me, HyunMi.  I never liked RaMi.  At first I doubted my feelings, but after that kiss, I knew I didn't have feelings for her, and the one I wanted to be with was you.  I can't live without you," I said, pulling away and staring at her eyes, gently wiping her tears with my thumb.  I began to tear up at the sight of her beautiful face, despite her puffy eyes from crying.
 

"How you you be so beautiful?" I chuckled, caressing her cheeks. 
 

She giggled and brushed my tears away.
 

"Pabo," she said.
 

"So you forgive me?" I hopefully asked.  She nodded her head. 
 

"If you do this once more I seriously will leave you," she sniffed, poking my chest and pouting.
 

"Arraso, arraso, but that won't happen!" I laughed, picking her up by the waist and spinning her in circles.
 

"Oppa put me down!" She squealed happily like a child.
 

I finally put her down, and snuck a small kiss from her.  She smiled as I leaned in to kiss her again.  She deepened the kiss, which caught me off guard, but I willlingly kissed her back.  We stood there, with no care in the world.  Her hand travelled to my neck and she broke the kiss.

 

"Me too, saranghae," she whispered. I smiled and kissed her forehead, hugging her tight once again.
 

"I'm never letting you go," I whispered. She pecked me softly on the lips and jumped slightly at the suddenly text from her phone. She took it out and looked at the screen. I looked over and saw that the person who texted her was Henry.
 

"What's wrong?" I asked, nodding to her phone.
 

 

"Nothing. I was supposed to go somewhere with Henry but he just texted me that he couldn't go."

 

 

"Ah jinja? Where were you planning to go?"
 

 

 

"Mm... Some dessert place," she replied, putting her phone away and staring at the sky.
 

 

 

"Should we go then?" I asked her, wrapping my arms around her waist and resting my head against hers. She turned around to look at

me.
 

 

"Shall we?" She smiled, "there's this place not far from here, lets walk!" 
 

 

"Aigoo, arraso. Anything for HyunMi," I said, pinching her irresistible plump cheeks. She headed back inside for a moment to tell HyunJi

where we were going, and soon came out. I intertwined my fingers with hers and began to walk, when she suddenly stopped.
 

 

"Oppa, what do we do with all these candles?" She asked, looking at the yard.
 

 

"Oh right... Lets clean up first."
 

 

We walked around the yard and began blowing out candles. Traces of the smoke from the candle filled the air like ribbons. We picked up all the candles and headed back inside, placing them all back into the cabinet.
 

 

"Oppa, how did you do all this? HyunMi asked in amazement, trying to place all the candles back in its place.
 

 

"It was for you, of course I did it no matter how difficult it was!" I chuckled.
 

 

We finished cleaning up and we left for the dessert cafe. I didn't like sweet things, but because HyunMi liked it, I would go anywhere with her.
 

 

"Oppa, don't you dislike sweet things?" She asked as I was playing with her fingers.
 

 

"Oh... Ani, it's fine. You really like sweet things, don't you?" I smiled, pecking her lightly on the lips. She nodded happily like a child.
We walked in the dark, admiring the stars in the sky.

 

 

"That one is you," I pointed at the brightest star in the sky, "because you're the brightest star in my world," I chuckled. (AN: Cheesy, I know >< but who doesn't like cheesy DongHae? :D) 
 

 

"Aigoo, so cheesy oppa!" She laughed.
 

 

We finally arrived at the cafe and looked around. It was the place SoEun told me to meet with her.
 

 

"Oppa, isn't it nice and cozy here?" She smiled.
 

 

"Mm, I've been here before. I came here to meet SoEun so I could discuss about my confession to you," I said.
 

 

"Ah... So that's where she went that day..." I heard her mumble.
 

 

 We walked to the counter, scanning the menu.
 

 

"What do you want?" I asked, placing my arm around her waist.
 

 

"Mm... A strawberry cheesecake!" She replied, looking at me with her innocent eyes, "I'll order."
 

 

I handed her the money and waited at the table and she soon came back with a cup and a slice of cake. She handed me the cup and set the plate down, taking a piece of cake with her fork Nd holding it to my mouth.
 

 

"Try it, it's really good!" She smiled.
 

 

I opened my mouth and ate the cake. To my surprise, I liked it.
 

 

"Mm!" I said, "tastes good." 
 

 

"See? Should I go get another fork?" I nodded. We shared the cake and I let her drink some of my coffee and we soon headed back to her house.
 

 

"Oppa, when are you leaving?" She asked.
 

 

"Mm.. The day after tomorrow, wae?"
 

 

"Ani... I'm going to miss you, a lot," she said, heaving a sigh. I stopped walked and turned her towards me.
 

 

"Me too. But I will visit soon, or you have to visit me, arraso?"
 

 

"But still... That's going to be a long time, isn't it?" Her eyes beginning to form tears.
 

 

"We still have our phones, the internet and all that. I promise I will call you every single day, at least 3 times."
 

 

"Promise?" She said, holding out her pinky.
 

 

"Promise," I said, intertwining her pinky with mine. We walked back to her house with my arm around her waist.
 

 

"Hm... I'm going to miss this, oppa."
 

 

"I'm going to miss you, your hair, your face, everything," I said, "lets make the best out of our last days together, huh?" 
She nodded and kissed me on the cheek. We entered her house and found the lights of the house turned off.

 

 

"HyunJi?" HyunMi called out, "are you asleep?"
 

 

"Unnie I'm in my room," we heard a voice say.
 

 

"Arraso, just checking," HyunMi said. 
 

 

"Want to watch a movie?" I asked her. She nodded and smiled. We scrolled through the lists of movies and finally decided to watch a scary movie.
 

 

HyunMi brought a blanket and sat down onto the couch while I tried to set up the movie on the screen. I finally managed to set up and went back to sit down next to HyunMi. She snuggled closer to me as I placed my arm around her, pulling her close. Into the movie, she slightly screamed and buried her face into my chest every time something popped up onto the screen. I chuckled and combed my fingers through her hair.
 

 

"Kwenchana? Should we watch something else?"
 

 

She shook her head, though her face was still on my chest. I pulled her closer to me. The main character left the cabin to find a friend, and I could hear HyunMi mumble next to me.
 

 

"Don't go out, just go back inside!" I hear her say. Suddenly a figure popped up behind him and HyunMi screamed and hid her face again into my arm. I slightly laughed as she looked up at me and pouted.
 

 

"Wae? It's cute when you're scared," I said. She laid her head on my chest and watched the rest of the movie, frequently covering her face with the blanket. The credits soon started rolling as the movie finished. HyunMi stood up and heaved a sigh of relief. 
 

 

"Aigoo, it's over," she said. 
 

 

"Was it too scary?" I .
 

 

"Ani!" She replied stubbornly and headed to the TV.  I smiled at her cuteness. 
 

 

"Mm... Should we watch Iron Man?" She smiled, "your favourite!"
 

 

"Jinja?" I said happily. She nodded and set up Iron Man on the screen. She sat back down and I wrapped my arms around her waist, pulling her close as she rested her head on my chest. I was wide awake throughout the whole movie because Iron Man was my favourite. The movie ended as we both stretched. 
 

 

"Ah, I'm tired. Oppa I'll go wash up first," she said. I quickly locked my arms around her waist and pulled her close to me.
 

 

"Kajima~" I sang childishly. She slightly poked my head and laughed.
 

 

"I'm not going anywhere, pabo!" 
 

 

"I was thinking of what we should call each other from now on," I said.
 

 

"Mm... I'm going to call you Hae or fishy," she said. I pouted at her response.
 

 

"That's it? All those names were already made for me though..."
 

 

"Jagi?" She suggested, which caught me off guard.
 

 

"N-Ne?" I stuttered. She laughed and poked at my side. 
 

 

"Kyeopta, our jagi," she smiled and stood up, "I'm going to wash up then~" 
 

 

I watched her walk up the stairs as I cleaned up the living room. Suddenly, my ringtone went off.
 

 

"Yobeosaeyo? Ah, YeSung hyung, what's the matter?"
 

 

"Did you make up with HyunMi-ssi yet?"
 

 

"Ah, ne..." I said, wondering how he knew about our conflict.
 

 

"Henry told me, by the way. Actually, I just heard him mumble about things. Something about RaMi, you, kissing, and HyunMi."
 

 

"Ah," I said.
 

 

"BWO?!" A different voice said through the phone, "YOU KISSED RAMI?" It was EunHyuk.
 

 

"I didn't! She kissed me!" I yelled. 
 

 

"Aish, you pabo fish. You're so easily taken advantage of!" The monkey (EunHyuk) said. A voice suddenly came behind me.
 

 

"Hae?" 
 

 

I turned around to find HyunMi.
 

 

"Ah, you're done?" I asked her, my phone still against my ear. She nodded her head.
 

 

"Are you talking to Hyukkie?" I smiled and nodded at her.
 

 

"DongHae, I wanna talk to HyunMi!" A different voice said. It was Ryeowook.
 

 

"Fine I'll put the phone on speaker," I said.
 

 

"Annyeonghasaeyo," HyunMi smiled as I placed the phone down.
 

 

"Sister-in-law! You have to come over and try my dishes some time, arraso? How about tomorrow?" Ryeowook said.
 

 

"Ah you should come over and spend the last day with us!" SungMin said in the background.
 

 

"HyunMi-ssi, did you forgive him already?" I heard YeSung say.
 

 

"Yah!" I yelled at him through the phone, "the past is the past!"
 

 

HyunMi laughed beside me.
 

 

"Ne, YeSung oppa. I have forgiven him already."
 

 

"Then you're coming tomorrow, right?" EunHyuk said.
 

 

"Ne! I'll bring the fish with me," she giggled, eyeing me, "and I'll bring SoEun too, Hyukkie."
 

 

A burst of laughter came from the phone.
 

 

"EunHyuk is blushing!" YeSung exclaimed.
 

 

"Be quiet! I'm trying to read!" We heard a voice say in the background; whom belonged to no other than SiWon.
 

 

"Arraso it's getting late. We'll see you tomorrow," I said, beginning to end the call.
 

 

"Annyeong oppa's!" HyunMi said. We heard a bunch of voices saying goodbye as I ended the call.
 

 

"Jagi-ah, are you going to wash up?" 
 

 

"N-Ne? Oh, yeah. You go sleep first. I'll come after," she nodded as we both headed upstairs. I walked through the bathroom door and a text message came. I looked at the screen and it was from RaMi. A rush of anger swept through me.

 

To: DongHae 
From: RaMi

 

Oppa, I'm sorry for today...

 

I ignored her text. I finished washing up and put my pants on, leaving the bathroom.  My phone beeped again, and this time, there were 4 messages.  I sighed and checked them.

 

TEXT MESSAGES (All from RaMi)

"You're mad at me, aren't you?"
"Please reply..."
"I'm sorry..."
"Oppa, I'm hurt..."

 

That text caught my attention.  What did she do?

 

"Hae?  Who are you texting?" A pair of familiar arms wrapped around my bare waist.

 

"Ani, no one.  Let's go to sleep, huh?" I turned around to face her.  I swept her feet off the floor and carried her back to her room.

 

"Oppa!  Put me down!" She cried.

 

"Shh!" I shushed her. She covered in realization.

 

"Mian," she mouthed.  I chuckled at her innocence and laid her on the bed as I put on a shirt.  She snuggled under the covers as I turned off the lights.  I tucked myself in and wrapped my arms around her, pulling her close to me.

 

"Night, jagi," she giggled.

 

"Good night, my beautiful," I whispered.  I combed my fingers through her hair as we both drifted off into dream land, but a thought was still lingering at the back of my mind: what was RaMi doing to herself?

 


they're back togetherr :DD happy news to HaeMi shippers (; remember to subscribe and comment :D more comments = quicker updates ^^ though its summer so I'll update pretty often :D thank you to my current subscribers ! you guys are the best ! ♥

on another note , THIS STORY ALMOST HAS 1000 VIEWS :DD HORRAYY ! THANK YOU ALL FOR THE SUPPORT (':