Too Sweet To Handle

Fate Led Me to You

DongHae POV 

 

I was preparing for the confession more than I was for the actual concert. I was walking around frantically to make sure everything was okay, when HyunMi texted me. She was at the back door and didn't know how to get in. Aish, you fool, Lee DongHae! I quickly texted her back as I headed to the door. I pat the guard on the back and said it was okay. He let HyunMi and SoEun in. I walked them towards the room the members were waiting in. They all stood up at once and introduced themselves. SiWon kissed HyunMi's hand, but I felt this burning sensation in my stomach that made me frown. Was I jealous? I shrugged the thought away and Henry back hugged HyunMi. Again, jealousy rose within my body as I frowned again. HyunMi walked over and squeezed my cheeks together.

 

"Aigoo, you look even more like a fish now," she laughed, "turn that frown upside down!" 

 

"Arraso," I said, pinching her cheeks as my mood immediately took a turn. Soon, our manager hyung came into the room and HyunMi headed towards the door with SoEun. She mouthed 'fighting' to me and I smiled and waved at her. 

 

"Hyung, so how is SoEun? She's the girl I was supposed to introduce to you but HyunMi was faster than me by a smidge," I said.

 

"She's cute," he said, smiling. I nodded and stage coordinators told us we were live in 30 seconds. My heart nearly bursted out of my chest as 

 

we stood in our positions. I was never this nervous before, I thought.

 

"That's because you're performing in front of HyunMi," EunHyuk whispered to me, as if he read my mind. I looked over to him nervously and nodded. The curtains began to rise and we were revealed one by one. We started dancing to break down and I gave the performance my all; since HyunMi was watching. After the song ended, we rushed backstage to change to our outfits. I wore a lose tank top that revealed my body; would HyunMi like this? I looked at myself in the mirror. 

 

"Hyung, she would like anything you wear, so don't worry," Kyuhyun said, patting my on the shoulder. We rushed out back onto the stage, in our positions. The routine was the usual, where EunHyuk and I would take off our tops and dance intensely to the song. Again, I gave it my all and danced the best I could, to impress HyunMi. Soon after, we danced to Sorry Sorry. Panting, I ran up to the front of the stage.

 

"This song is dedicated to the person I have come to love," I said, "and I would like to tell her how I feel." The members harmonized to Lovely Day as I said HyunMi's name. The spotlight landed on her as she stood there with a surprised expression. I walked towards her and held her hand; leading her onto the stage. I sand to her with all my heart and when the song ended, I went down on my knee. 

 

"Lee HyunMi, will you be mine?" I asked her, hoping for a yes. Her eyes began to shine and I realized she as tearing up. She nodded and my heart leaped for joy as I hugged her tightly, pecking her on the head. The crowds cheered happily; I was glad ELF supported me. I didn't let go of her hand, even when we were saying our ending speeches. We left the stage and HyunMi ran to SoEun who congratulated her. I walked over and pulled her away from her hug.

 

"Yah, Lee DongHae, do you still have to be that jealous?" She teased.

 

"Of course, she's mine now," I said, claiming her. I could finally call her mine. 
We headed towards the waiting room and found the members doing a series of things. As we entered, Henry hugged HyunMi, which caused a strike of jealous rise within the pit of my stomach. 

 

"Congratulations on your... Relationship?" He said, sounding somewhat unsure. HyunMi playful punched him in response. Did they know each other that well? I shrugged the thought away and sat down on the couch, motioning for HyunMi to sit on my lap. Before she did, someone bursted into the room and curled her arms around my neck, pulling me into a hug; though I didn't hug back. 

 

"Oppa! I missed you!" She said.
The feeling felt familiar... 

 

"Go RaMi?!" EunHyuk exclaimed, surprised. A painful memory came back to me.

 

FLASHBACK
"Why are you leaving me? You can't..." DongHae said, hurt.

 

"Miane... But I have to go pursue my dreams of becoming an actress, I have to do what's right for me," RaMi said.
 

"Will you be back?"
 

"I-I'm not sure," she stuttered, surely taken aback by DongHae's question, "We will meet again so we then we can continue from where we left off," she said, "huh?"
 

DongHae nodded his head sadly and slowly, tears forming in his eyes. RaMi squeezed his hand slightly and headed home. DongHae walked quietly in the dark, as a tear rolled down his cheeks.
END OF FLASHBACK

 

I stood there, frozen, looking over at HyunMi who had a mixed expression on her face. Hurt, shock, sadness. I pulled RaMi away from me and looked at her. She seemed more mature since the last time I saw her.

 

"Oppa! Did you miss me too?" She smiled, though it wasn't filled with happiness, unlike HyunMi's. It felt... Fake. Has her smiles always been like this? 

 

"Well... I have a girlfriend now," I said, as I walked towards HyunMi and pulled her close to me, who rested her head on my chest. A frown started to crease on RaMi's forehead. 

 

"Ah, jinja?" She said.

 

"Well lets go have a celebration dinner, shall we?" Ryeowook suggested.

 

"Can I come with?" RaMi asked with an eager tone.
The members stood there and nodded slowly. I held HyunMi's hand and smiled at her. 

 

"Kaja," I said. She looked over to SoEun, who was busy laughing and talking to EunHyuk. She looked back at me and nodded. We headed out through the back door and left the concert venue, going to a nearby Korean restaurant. I sat down next to HyunMi, while RaMi sat on the other side of me; which made me somewhat uncomfortable. I held the menu and shared it with HyunMi, who was slightly resting her head on my shoulder.

 

"Mm... What do you want to eat?" I asked, scanning through the menu.

 

"Samgyupsal (pork belly) and bulgogi (beef)!" She said cheerfully like a child. "Arraso," I laughed and pecked her on the nose.

 

"Oppa, I want to eat what HyunMi is eating too," RaMi said. I nodded slightly.

 

"Do you want anything else? Like dubokki?" HyunMi nodded her head and smiled at me. I planted a kiss on her forehead and continued looking at the menu.

 

"Aigoo, look at that, stop being so sweet!" KyuHyun shivered.

 

"Yah, go get your own girlfriend so you can be sweet with her," I retorted. The members laughed. We ordered the food and talked about our ages. 

 

"HyunMi-ssi, how old are you?" SungMin asked, taking a sip of his tea.

 

"Mm, I am born in 1990! (22 years old) and so is SoEun," she said, nodding toward her friend who looked up from her conversation with EunHyuk. 

 

"I am a few months older than HyunMi," she said.

 

"Ah, so you're the youngest out of all of us!" Ryeowook exclaimed. HyunMi nodded shyly. 

 

"Well you should call us oppa's!" Kyuhyun smirked. 

 

"Ne, oppa's," HyunMi said. The food soon arrived and the meet was set on the grill. 

 

"Say ah," I said to HyunMi, holding a piece of meat to . She opened up happily and smiled. 

 

"Our fishy has to eat too," she said, holding a piece of meat to my mouth, "ahh."  I opened up and chewed happily, when a shriek came from beside me. I looked over to find RaMi holding her hand. 

 

"Oppa, I burned myself," she said, stating the obvious. I sighed and looked at her burn and it was not really serious, but I told her to go rinse it in the washroom.  She walked by herself as I turned to HyunMi, who was talking to Henry.

 

"HyunMi, how long has it been since we got together like this?" Henry laughed.

 

"Around 8 years?" she laughed, "it sure has been a while." She turned around back to me and looked over to the empty seat beside me.

 

"RaMi-ssi still isn't back?" she wondered.  I nodded and wrapped my arms around her waist, pulling her close to me.  She scooted closer to me as she continued talking to Henry.
 

"Did you visit your parents yet?" she asked, taking a sip of the tea.
 

"Of course!  I went to visit them right after we landed here," he exclaimed.
 

"Ah.. I want to see them again sometime," HyunMi said.  RaMi soon came back, taking a seat next to me. 
 

"Kwenchana?" I asked her, not loosening my arms around HyunMi.
 

"It still stings..." she said, "can you feed me? I can't really move my hands..."

 

 

I looked over to HyunMi as if to get permission and she nodded. I fed RaMi and she ate, smiling at me; which made me feel kind of awkward. We continued talking and soon left the restaurant. We stood outside with our hoods over our heads, preventing people from recognizing us.
 

"Where should we go now?" ZhouMi asked.
 

I saw HyunMi yawn and looked at the time and a thought hit me; she still had school tomorrow. 
 

"Do you want to go home?" I whispered to her. She laid her head on my shoulder and slightly nodded. 
 

"I'm going to take HyunMi home," I said, intertwining our fingers. Our fingers fit perfectly like a puzzle pieces. 
 

"Arraso," they the members said, leaving to the van waiting nearby.
 

"Oppa, where should I go?" RaMi asked.
 

"Go home?" I suggested. A taxi drove by and I caught its attention as it pulled over. I urged RaMi into the taxi and let her drive off. I turned to HyunMi who was looking at me with curious eyes.
 

"Wae?" I asked her.
 

"I was just wondering why I fell for you," she replied.
 

"Well, because of my looks?" I smirked. She nodded her head, "And your cute personality. Why did you fall for me?" She asked.
 

"Mm... Cause your cute. And different from all the other girls I have ever met," I replied, connecting our hands again.
 

"Jinja? How am I different?" She asked, looking at the ground.
 

"I feel some sort of connection with you, like we met before. I feel like a whole different person when I'm with you," I said, squeezing her cheeks. She stopped walking and faced me. 
 

"Is there something wrong?" I asked. She brought me into a hug, and whispered something.
 

"Thank you for coming into my life," she said. 
 

"Thank you for coming into mine," I replied. She broke the hug and planted a soft kiss on my lips. My eyes widened to her sudden action as I blushed. She smiled and lead me towards the van that was waiting for us. We both sat in the backseat, her fingers still intertwined with mine. She rested her head on my shoulder and I rested my head on her head. SoEun was still laughing and talking to EunHyuk. I caught his eye in the front mirror and raised my eyebrows at him. He glared at me and I laughed, waking HyunMi up. 
 

"What's wrong?" She asked, rubbing her eyes. I nodded my head towards EunHyuk and SoEun in front of us. She smiled and giggled. We soon arrived at HyunMi's house and we got off. EunHyuk and SoEun were still in the van with the other members. EunHyuk rolled down the windows and bid good bye.
 

"Aigoo, you guys look like a newlywed couple!" SoEun teased.
 

"Park SoEun, we still have school tomorrow so don't stay out too late!" HyunMi exclaimed beside me. We waved and headed back to her house. I took off my jacket and laid it on the couch.
 

"Go wash up," I said to her. She nodded I gave her a peck on the cheek as she headed upstairs. I sat on the couch and RaMi came to mind. Did I still like her? Ani, all I feel is this awkward tension around us.  Why was she back?  I shrugged the thought away. I saw HyunMi at the top of the stairs, yawning.
 

"Oppa, I'm going to sleep now," she said.
 

"Arraso," I said, standing up, "do you want me sleep with you tonight?"
 

"N-Ne? Oh... Sure," she said, taken aback by my question.
 

"Wae? You don't want me to? Arraso then," I said, pouting as I walked up the stairs.
 

"A-Ani!" She quickly responded. I laughed at her and she pouted. 
 

"I'll wash up and go to your room later," I whispered, planting a kiss on her forehead. She nodded and headed to her room. I headed to HyunMi's room after and found her sleeping soundly. I smiled as I turned off the light and headed to her bed. I tucked myself in and wrapped my arms around her. I felt her snuggle closer to me.
 

"Oppa, you're done washing up?" She said tiredly. 
 

"Mm," I replied, "sleep now, you have school tomorrow morning."

"But oppa... who was that girl from earlier?  She seemed like she was close to you..." she said, disappointment lingering in her voice.

"Mm... she was my past love," I said, pausing, "but I don't like her anymore.  I have you."  She nodded and rested her head on my chest as a response. I kissed her hair and soon drifted off, with HyunMi in my arms, the one I can finally call mine.

 


Another update ^^ School has been pretty busy lately .. so I couln't update much ): when summer comes I'll update often :D Remember to subscribe and comment ~ Thanks to my current subbies , you guys are jjang! more comments = faster updates :D

♥ ♥ ♥ 

Btw this story was supposed to be published yesterday but I forgot to uncheck the 'hide story' button .. woops .  Miane ><