Am I Falling For You?

Fate Led Me to You

HyunMi POV 

Ten minutes until the bell rings. I stared at the clock and it seemed like the minute hand wouldn't even budge. I heaved a sigh and turned to look at SoEun, who was staring at me. 

"What are you sighing about? Are going somewhere after school? A date?" She asked me curiously. I turned beet red in response. 

"So you are having a date!" She paused and widened her eyes, "WITH LEE DONGHAE?!" She whispered loudly.

"Yah! Don't say it out loud! And it's not much of a date anyways." I whispered to her.

"Ms. Park and Ms. Lee, please stop talking." The teacher said, glaring at the both of us.

"Sorry..." We mumbled.

Soon after, the bell rang. I jumped up from my seat and quickly packed my things. 

"SoEun-ah, I won't be walking home with you today! I'll tell you all about it later!" I said as I waved and walked out of the classroom.  I stepped out of the school and was welcomed by at warmth of the sun. It wasn't as cold as before, I thought. Suddenly, a pair of arms wrapped around me and I knew exactly who it was. The intimate Lee DongHae. My face burned bright pink. Why was he hugging me? Should I hug back? Before I could have time to react, DongHae interrupted my thoughts.

"HyunMi-ahh" he said with aegyo, "lets goo~". My face burned a deeper shade of pink. Before I could say or do anything, he held my hand and led me to the van. I stared up at him and I smiled. Why was he being to close with me? We only met like a day ago...

"So where shall we go first?" He asked, smiling.

"O-Oh." I stuttered, "do you want to go to a park? It's peaceful and I like it there, but I don't know about you." I said, fiddling with my fingers.

"Sure! I love peaceful places!" He said. I told the driver the address and he entered it into the GPS. As the car started to move, my phone started vibrating; my mom was calling. 

"Yobosaeyo?" I answered, "Ne, umma, I'm going to show a friend around the city." My mom reminded me about answering my calls.

"Ne, I'll remember to set it on ring. I'm hanging up." I said.

"Mian," I said as I put my phone down and turned to DongHae, only to realize that he was staring at me the whole time. I looked down and blushed. 

"Kwenchana," He said, "I think we're almost there." He was right. In the distance I could see flowers and stone steps. It was the park my dad always took my sister and I to when we were young; the last memories he made with us.

*FLASHBACK*

Young HyunMi running around with her little sister, HyunJi. Their dad pretending to be a monster, chasing after them.

"Umma!!!" HyunMi squealed, "help us!" Her mom chuckled in response as their dad caught up to them and scooped both of them in his arms.

"I got the both of you!" He cried happily in victory, panting.

"Ahh!!!" Both HyunMi and HyunJi squealed in delight. Their dad set them down onto the grass and laid down. The family of four were laying down, pointing out what each cloud looked like. 

"A bunny!" HyunMi said.

"A turtle!" HyunJi said.

"I see two sunflowers." Their dad said.

"Where?" The two sisters asked in unison. Their dad pointed to them and they all started laughing. They continued to make images out of the clouds when HyunMi dozed off happily.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

I sighed at the thought. DongHae realized this and looked over.

"Are you okay?" He asked, with a worried face. 

"Ne, I'm fine!" I tried to assured him, but deep down I know I wasn't.

"You don't look okay." He looked at me again, "let’s talk about it while we walk, huh?" He smiled. I nodded in response.
We walked through the gardens in silence, when he asked me if I was okay.

"HyunMi-ah, kwenchana?" He asked me with a worried tone. I held my head low and nodded, but a tear slipped down my cheek. Suddenly, I felt a pair of arms wrap around me. I knew it was DongHae, I subconsciously buried my face in his chest, crying like there was no tomorrow. We stayed there like that for a while, until I felt like I ran out of tears. DongHae gently pulled my from the hug and wiped my tears as I stared at him. 

"Gomawo" I said, managing my best smile. He looked at me with sad eyes.

"HyunMi, you want to tell me what's wrong?" He asked. I nodded and we walked over to bench to sit.

"My dad used to always bring my sister and I here..." I began, "we would always run around and play hide n seek. My mom would be laughing at us and taking pictures. It's just that I wish I could go back to those carefree times..." I trailed off. I stared at my phone and felt the stinging feeling if tears again.

"... What happened?" DongHae asked with cautious in his voice.

"He left us." I said, "when I was 8."

We sat there in silence for a while, watching the sun melt into the horizon. 

"Miane, DongHae oppa. I was supposed to show you around today but all I did was cry... Miane." I said to him, staring at my hands.

"Kwenchana, I understand. As long as I'm with you I'm fine." He said with a smile as he pinched my cheeks. I turned to look at him and smiled back. We headed back to the van and he dropped me off at my home.

"Annyeong, HyunMi-ah!" He waved as I walked towards my house. I stopped in my and ran back to him, giving him a hug. 

"Gomawo, oppa." I whispered. I let go and ran back home, waving in the process. I walked upstairs after greeting my mom and before I knew it, I reached my bed drifted off to sleep.

DongHae POV

I went back to the hotel, hoping to find a member to hang out with for a while. Luckily, Henry was in his room, practicing some songs.

"Oh, annyeong hyung!" He said cheerfully.

"Annyeong Henry!" I replied.

"What are you doing here? I thought you would be exploring the whole city by now." He asked, chuckling.

"Mm, I have a friend who is going to show me around later." I replied, smiling.

"Ah, jinja? Well, have fun!" He said.

"Where are the others?" I asked. 

"Ah, they went shopping. I decided to stay here to practice my vocals." He said.

What? They went shopping without me? That monkey didn't even message me or call me to tell them they were going... Aish. I shook the thought away and decided to spend time with Henry. After all, we are pretty close.

"Henry, do you have time? Maybe we could hang out a little. We haven't had time to talk or anything these past few days." I said.

"Sure! Where should we go?" He asked as he put down the sheet of lyrics.

"Hmm... The cafe a few blocks down?" I suggested. 

"Arraso, wait for me in the lobby while I change." He replied. 
I headed down to the lobby as a waited for Henry. I took a look at my watch: 10:38. There was still a lot of time before meeting HyunMi, I thought. I took out my earphones and started listening to some songs. Before I knew it, a shadow hovered over me. I looked up and realized if was Henry. I pulled out my ear buds and walked with Henry to the coffee shop. As we entered, the aroma of coffee swirled around us. I walked toward the counter, ready to order drinks.

"Henry, what do you want to drink?" I asked, "it's on me."

"A caramel latte please." He said. I nodded and told him to find a seat for us.

"One vanilla latte and one caramel latte please." I told the girl at the counter.

"O-Of course, coming right up! " she said in English, as she blushed. "You're Lee Donghae."

"Yes I am," I said, trying to talk in my best English, "Shh!" I put a finger on my lips. She nodded bash fully and turned to make our drinks. Not long after, she came back to the counter and gave us our coffee. "Here is your order!" She said. I thanked her and walked towards Henry. 

"So hyung, what do you want to talk about?" He asked curiously while sipping his drink.

"I met a girl the other day." I said, smiling.

"Neh? Here? Wah, lucky!" He exclaimed, "what's her name?" 

"Lee HyunMi." I said, grinning widely.

"Lee HyunMi?" He repeated, asking in a surprised tone.

"Ne, is there something wrong?" I asked him.

"A-Ani, I think I heard that name before... Though I'm not sure if it’s just my imagination." He said, rubbing the back of his neck. We continued chatting for a while, talking about our pre-debut times and some past memories. I glimpsed at my watch and realized it was almost 2:45. I got up from my seat and prepared to leave.

"Henry, I'm going to meet my friend now! I'm sorry I have to leave so soon!" I said as I put my sunglasses on.

"Kwenchana! That 'friend' is Lee HyunMi, isn't it?" He smirked at me.

"Ne..." I trailed off, somewhat embarrassed. 

"Arraso hyung! Annyeong!" He said as I walked towards the door. I turned back and waved at him and left the cafe. As approached the hotel, I called the driver. Soon after, the van arrived at HyunMi's school. I looked at my watch and realized I was just on time. I walked toward the back door and waited for her there. The bell rang and students walked out of the school. Not long after, a girl in pink and white walked out from the back door. I walked over to her and gave her a back hug. Lee DongHae, what are you doing? She's just a fan!  Don’t give her the wrong message!  I ignored the voice in my head. 

"HyunMi-ahh" I called out childishly, "lets goo" I said.

Without waiting for a reply, I held her hand and led her to the van. I don't know why I was acting so close to her... But it felt right. We entered the van and I asked her where to go. She suggested a park, where it was peaceful and quiet. I agreed and we told the driver. Suddenly, HyunMi's mom called. She told her that she was taking a friend out. I am a friend now? Yes! I thought to myself. I tried to contain my happiness throughout the ride. She put down her phone and apologized. I told her we were almost there and she looked out the window. She heaved a sigh and looked down, which worried me.

"Are you okay?" I asked her.

"Ne! I'm fine!" She said.

"You don't look okay," I said, "let's talk about it while we walk." I said, smiling.

We walked in silence when I asked HyunMi if she was okay.  I looked over to her, and she lowered her head.  She nodded, but as she did, I realized a tear has slipped down her mochi-like cheeks.  My heart felt like it tore into two.  Without knowing, I reached out and gave her a hug.  She buried her face into my chest and cried her heart out.  I tightened my hug around her; which I knew she needed.  She must've not cried for a while... I thought.  We stayed there for a while, until I gently pulled away to wipe her tears.  She looked up and stared at me.

"Gomawo." she whispered, smiling.  I asked her to tell me what was wrong and we sat on a bench to talk.  It turns out her dad left her and her family when she was young. "Miane, Donghae oppa.  I was supposed to show you around but all I did today was cry... Miane." she said.

"Kwenchana, I understand.  As long as I'm with you I'm fine." I said, smiling and pinching her cheeks.  Did I just do that?  What are you doing, Lee DongHae?  She’s just a friend!  Luckily, she didn't mind.  The sun began to set, so we headed back.  We arrived at her house and we bid our good byes.  She stepped out of the van and walked towards her house.  She suddenly stopped and turned back.  She ran towards me and gave me a hug.  My heart raced.

"Gomawo, oppa." she said, letting go.  I watched her run back into her house, waving.  I waved back and smiled.  I closed the van door and caught my breath.  She literally took my breath away when she hugged me.  I kept on replaying the moment in my head; her sweet strawberry scent, the warmth of the hug and her cute voice.  My heart raced faster at the thought.  Why was I like this?  Did I... fall for you, Lee HyunMi?


Yaay! A somewhat long chapter :D Hope you like it ^^ I'm sorry if it's repetative ;A; I'll try my best to make it more interesting ^^ Subscribe and/or upvote if you like my story :D AND THANKS A TON TO MY SUBSCRIBERS ~ ^^

We love you too, Donghae :D LOOL ^^ Anneyong for now ~