Are We A Couple?

Fate Led Me to You

HyunMi POV

 

I was walking home and about to text Donghae, when I felt a tug of my shoulder and hands around my mouth. The hands pulled me to an alley way, and threw me to the ground. Three men hovered over me with grinning faces. 

 

"W-what do you think you're doing?" I stuttered, trying to hide the fear in my voice.

 

"We're just gonna have some fun," a red head said, smirking evilly. I scrambled up against the wall when he pulled me towards him, and I heard the tearing of fabric. Tears started forming in my eyes and I yelled at the top of my lungs when *SMACK*, he slapped me across the face. My face stung and the tears threatened to fall. 

 

"Don't make this any harder for us, miss. We won't hurt you if you listen to us," one the them smirked.
Suddenly, the red head fell over and I looked up. DongHae was the one who punched him. 

 

"OPPA!" I cried, hugging him as he pulled my shirt together.

 

"HyunMi, kwenchana?" He asked, worry in his voice. I managed to nod and gave him a weak smile.

 

"Leave, before I break your bones to bits," he threatened them. They just smirked in response.

 

"Oh I'm so scared," one of them said, whom he gave a death glare to. I clung onto DongHae, burying my face in the crook of his neck.

 

"Well, well, well," The red head said, smirking, "prince charming is going to save his princess now, isn't he?

 

"Yeah, no one touches my princess except me," he said. His princess? I was his princess? My heart skipped a beat and I looked up to his eyes, surprised to see the anger boiling with them.  I swear I his eyes could've burned a hole through the men.

 

"We'll just have to see about that," one of them said, attempting to throw a fist at him. He caught it and twisted his arm, causing him to yelp on pain. Another man tried to attack him from behind, but DongHae turned around and kicked him in the groin. He groaned in pain and fell to his knees. The red head smirked and threw a punch at him, causing him to lose his balance for a few seconds. My insides began to burn with anger when I heard glass shatter. I looked over to the red head and he was holding a broken glass bottle with sharp edges. He swiped the bottle towards DongHae and he yelled in pain, revealing bloody gashes. He gained his balance and gave the red head a punch with all his strength, which made a loud noise. He toppled over but managed to stand up again with much effort. DongHae punched him again, and this time, he fell to the floor, unconscious. The other two men ran off as he helped me to my feet. I hugged him tight and cried, tears streaming down my face. I felt his hand brush my hair. 

 

"Don't cry, I'm here. You're okay now," he said softly. I pulled away and stared at stared at him; my eyes still filled with tears.

 

"You're hurt," I said, eyeing his cut arm, "let’s go back to my house so I can clean you up," I said. He nodded took my hand, as we headed back to my house. I quickly went into the house and took the first aid kit off the top of the fridge. DongHae was sitting on the couch, flipping through TV channels. I poured some alcohol onto a cotton pad to clean his wound. He had a slight bruise on his perfect face, and a little blood at the corner of his lips. I raised my hand towards his face and dabbed the cotton on his face as gently as I could. He winced at the pain and my heart ached.

 

"Kwenchana? Does it hurt?" I asked. He shook his head and I smiled.

 

"Just hold it in for a minute," I said, continuing to dab the cotton pad in his face. I could feel his eyes staring at me, but I resisted my urge to look into his heart-melting gaze. I turned around and took out a small bandage and gently placed it on his mouth. I looked over to his arm and looked at him. 

 

"Can you handle the pain?" I asked, eyeing the wound and bit my lips nervously. He nodded took off his shirt, wearing only a white wifebeater. I tried my best to resist staring at his well-toned body, which the shirt defined. I finally got myself to tear my gaze away from his chest and poured some alcohol over another cotton pad. I hesitated a bit, but began dabbing at his arm and he winced in pain. With every motion, I felt like my heart was going to fall apart.  He was feeling pain because of me... I shrugged off the thought and finally finished cleaning and dressed his arm and closed the first aid kit.

 

"Gomawo, oppa," I said.

 

"Ani, it's nothing," he replied.

 

"Back there... When you said I was your princess... Did you mean it?" I asked, staring at my hands. I heard him cleared his throat.

 

"Uhm... Ne..." He responded, with a voice so quiet it sounded like a whisper. I looked up. Crap, HyunMi, don't sound too eager. Remember, he doesn't like you... Right?

 

"Jinja?" I said, smiling. He nodded. Then, a blast of pain hit me in my stomach and I ran to the washroom. I heard DongHae outside the door, frantically knocking.

 

"HyunMi, kwenchana?" He knocked on the door, worry in his voice.

 

"Ani... I'm okay oppa..." I managed to say with a weak voice. 

 

"What's wrong?" He asked.

 

"Oppa... I think I'm on my... Monthly thing..." I muttered quietly. Aish, what an embarrassing thing to say to DongHae!

 

"O-Oh, do you need anything?" he asked nervously.

 

"I think I ran out..." I said, without finishing the sentence.

 

"I-I'll help you get more then; what type do you need?" He asked through the door.

 

"The one in the pink package... You can't miss it," I replied, my face burning bright pink.

 

"Arraso, I'll be back soon so stay put," I heard him say. I soon heard the door open and close, and a sighed in annoyance. Why did I have to run out now? And to make things worse, I have to make AND him go buy more for me. Aish, what luck, I thought. I waited in the washroom clenching my stomach as the pain grew stronger. I hate cramps! I groaned in pain and I heard DongHae's voice.

 

"HyunMi, I'm back. Do you need anything else? Does it hurt a lot?" He asked worriedly. The fact that DongHae was here made it easier for me to bear with the pain.

 

"Ne oppa... I'm okay. Did you buy the things?" I asked with a weak voice. 

 

"Yeah, do you want something warm to put on your tummy?" 

 

"Ne... That'd be nice. You can leave the things at the door," I replied.

 

"Arraso," he said, placing the items on the floor. I heard his footsteps fading away, so I opened the door slightly and took in packages quickly. I came out of the washroom and sat myself down on the couch. DongHae walked over and handed me the hot bottle. I placed it over my stomach and almost immediately, the pain began to subside.  I sighed in relief.

 

"That feels better," I said, slightly smiling. I felt DongHae's gaze on me and I looked over, to find him smiling, staring at me with his warm brown eyes. I raised my eyebrows.

 

"Wae?" I asked curiously.

 

"Nothing," he said, looking away, "do you want anything to drink?"

 

"Mm... Some warm milk please," I smiled at him. He nodded and headed to the fridge, taking out the carton of milk. He stared down at the counter and I saw him pick up a piece of paper.

 

"HyunMi-ah, I found this note. It's from your mom," he said. I skimmed through the note.

 

HyunMi, I had an important business call that required me leave the house for a few days. I'm sorry I couldn't call you; I didn't have time. You're gonna be okay by yourself for a couple of days, right? If you have any problems just remember to call me, arraso?
Love, umma.

 

"Oh, she's out of town," I said. 

 

"Jinja?" He said.

 

"Ne... HyunJi is gone the whole week too,"

 

"Then... You're alone at home?" He asked me raising his eyebrows.

 

"Seems like it," I replied, placing the note down. He then asked me something I never thought he would ask me.

 

"Do you want me to stay with you then?" 

 

"Jinja? Aren't you busy with schedules and stuff?" I asked. HyunMi, don't sound too eager.

 

"Mm... Just in the day time. After school I can spend time with you," he said, pinching my cheeks. I nodded happily as I watched him walk back towards to kitchen to get the milk. I heard the beeping noises of the microwave and he soon came out of the kitchen. He handed me the cup and I sipped quietly. I finished the last bit of milk and stood up.

 

"Oppa, do you want to eat something? I'll cook," I offered. 

 

"I'll help," he said, standing up.

 

"Ani, kwenchana. Is omurice good?" I asked, smiling. It was the best dish I could make. He nodded excitedly and I laughed, still holding the water bottle against my stomach. I hurried to the kitchen and began preparing the fried rice. I chopped the carrots and chicken into pieces and fried the rice. The aroma of food filled the house and I inhaled happily. I felt a pair of arms curl around my waist and my body stiffened to the touch, but relaxed when I realized it was DongHae. He rested his head on my shoulders and my heart skipped a beat. He let go and looked at the rice.

 

"It looks good," he said, as his stomach grumbled from hunger. I laughed at his cuteness and poked his stomach.

 

"Aigoo, you must be hungry," I said, giggling, "it's almost done, wait outside." He obeyed and went outside. I quickly put the rice on a separate plate and fried the egg. When I was done, I assembled the omurice and luckily, it turned out looking delicious. I took the plates outside and headed one to DongHae. He stared at the food with wide eyes.

 

"Mian it might not taste good," I admitted, biting my fork. I watched DongHae take a bite and shake his head in disagreement.

 

"It tastes amazing!" He exclaimed, eating quickly. I laughed and ate, but couldn't eat much because I didn't have much of an appetite. I felt DongHae's gaze fall to my food. I placed my plate on his lap.

 

"You can have it, if you'd like," I said, smiling at his childishness.

 

"Jinja? Aren't you hungry?" he asked, not lifting his eyes off the food. I shook my head.

 

"Ani, I don't have much of any appetite right now. You can eat it, oppa, you need the energy," I said.
He hesitated before lifting his fork and eating again. When he finished, he offered to help with the dishes. I was rinsing when he suddenly dipped his fingers in the bubbles and put some on my nose. I pouted and splashed water at him, and he splashed back in defense. 

 

"Yah!" I said. He laughed in response. We had a mini water fight and the both of us were bubbly messes. I nearly slipped backwards, but I felt DongHae's arms wrap around my waist. It was like that time in my bedroom.  He slowly leaned forward and our lips met, sending a rush of warmth to my cheeks and making my heart race. The butterflies in my stomach went out of control. This moment felt perfect; our lips together, our bodies pressed against one another. When I felt as if I could faint, he pulled away. He lifted me back to my feet and coughed, grabbing a glass of water to drink. I straightened my shirt out and continued to do the dishes. We washed them in silence and I headed up to wash up, while DongHae went to the guest room. I entered my room, closing the door and leaning against it. My first kiss... I lost it to DongHae... Is that how a first kiss is supposed to feel like? I smiled happily, biting my bottom lip. I went to wash up with a hot shower. My whole mood was lifted. I headed downstairs and the TV, and DongHae's drama, Panda & Hedgehog, was on. I smiled at the screen and sat down, clutching a pillow. My heart fluttered every time DongHae appeared on screen. I admired his hair, his concentration on the cakes and my eyes fell to his lips that kissed me... I shook my head to clear the weird thoughts in my head as I heard a door open upstairs. I continued watching the drama when I heard DongHae clear his throat. I turned around, to find the heart melting idol standing at the bottom the stairs.

 

"Ah, oppa, I see you're done washing," I said, stating the obvious. He nodded and sat down beside me. I subconsciously rested my head on his shoulders and my heart beat quickened. My eyes began to feel heavy and before I knew it, I fell asleep.

 

The three men hovered over me.  Their faces were distinctively recognizable.  One had brown hair, the other red and the other pale pink.  They weren't old either.  They were DongHae's age.

 

"Please don't do this," I begged them.

 

"Why?  We won't hurt you," the blonde said, smirking.  The red head ripped open my shirt.  I screamed and yelled for help, but DongHae wasn't there.  They slapped and kicked me for yelling and I yelped in pain, streams of tears rolling down my face.  I screamed at the top of my lungs and everything turned black.

 

I sat up on my bed, beads of sweat on my forehead and gasping for breath. I heard footsteps and found DongHae at the door. He ran to my bed and hugged me. I hugged him tighter and buried my face in his chest, inhaling his sweet vanilla scent. 

 

"What's wrong?" He asked frantically. I looked up at him.

 

"T-The incident that happened today... I dreamt it again..." I shuddered at the thought, burying my face in his chest once again. His embrace around me tightened and I felt him lean back. 

 

"Do you want me to sleep with you tonight?" He asked. I nodded quickly. I wouldn't be able to sleep without anyone beside me tonight. He pulled the blanket over the both of us, his arms still around me. 

 

"Good night, HyunMi," he said with his husky voice. I felt slight pressure on my head and realized he had kissed my hair. The butterflies in my stomach fluttered happily.

 

"Good night, oppa," I replied, snuggling closer to him. Were we a couple now? Does he like me too? No... Don't think like that, HyunMi. He's just being a gentleman, that's all. But I didn't care; he only had a couple of days left here so I should love him while I can... When he leaves I'll forget about all this.  It's the right thing to do... Right? Before I knew it, I dozed off, in the arms of the love of my life.

 


 

omg imagine DongHae buying those things for you .. LOOL . 

 

Short update on HyunMi's POV ^^ enjoy :D remember to subscribe ~ more comments = faster updates ! thank you to my current subscribers :D you guys are daebak ! Annyeong for now ~

Dancing fishy <3