You Sure Are Lucky

Fate Led Me to You

HyunMi POV
 

It felt as if a million shards were stabbed into my heart. I stood there, motionless, tears welling up in my eyes. It was like that time with my ex... and in my dream.  I wanted to move but my legs wouldn't budge. A figure suddenly pulled me towards it, and embracing me tightly. I sobbed silently and pulled away, realizing it was Henry. I smiled as he caressed my cheek.
 

"Kwenchana? Don't cry," he said softly. I nodded in response as he wiped my tears away. We walked into the school and he hugged me again.
 

"You sure you're okay?" 
 

I nodded and smiled, assuring him.
 

"You have to talk to him about this, okay?"
 

I nodded again, staring at the ground.
 

"Should I walk you home?" 
 

I looked up at him and managed a smile.
 

"Ani, I'm okay. Gomawo, Henry," I said. He hugged me tightly before letting me leave. I opened the doors and breathed in the fresh air. Though the slight breeze made my eyes water again. I took the longer route home, walking slowly. Tears began streaming down my face again. So he was lying all this time? Why? Lee DongHae, why did it have to be me? My ringtone suddenly went off and I took out my phone. It was my mom. I cleared my throat and wiped my tears.
 

"Yobeosaeyo? Ne, umma, how is your business trip?"
 

"It's pretty good. I have a meeting in 15 minutes so I found the time to call you," she said. I missed her voice.
 

"Umma I miss you," I said, wanting to be in her embrace.
 

"Mm, I usually leave for business trips and you're always fine with it. Did something happen?"
 

"Ani, everything is fine," I lied.
 

"Ah, jinja? I miss you and HyunJi too. She's coming back today, right?" 
 

"Oh yeah... I've been so caught up with Dong- I mean things lately, I forgot," I said, chuckling slightly.
 

"Aigoo, you went to the concert yesterday, right? How was it? I heard something happened between you and DongHae," her voice changed into a teasing tone.
 

"Mm, you heard?" I said, tears beginning to well up in my eyes again at the thought of DongHae.
 

"Does he great you well?"
 

"Ne," I said, controlling my voice.
 

"Arraso. He's leaving soon, right? I might not be back until a couple days later; I wish I could formally sit him down for dinner," she said, chuckling.
 

"Mm, there'll be a chance," I managed to say.
 

"Arraso then, I'll call you again," she said before hanging up.  I soon approached my house and took a deep breath before inserting the key. I turned the knob and opened the door, to find DongHae standing up. He walked towards me and hugged me, sighing.
 

"You're home?" He asked in relief.  I pulled away and ignored his words, though my heart ached to say something in return. He caught my wrist.
 

"HyunMi, kwenchana?" 
 

I ignored his words again. I shook his hands off my wrist and headed to my room. Before I could close the door, DongHae put his hand on the handle.
 

"We need to talk. Is there something wrong?" 
 

I looked up at him again, my heart felt as if were being teared apart, little by little.  A bit of the dream flashed into my mind.  RaMi smirked and leaned in to kiss my boyfriend, and he kissed back willingly.
 

"Why are you back here? Just go, I don't want to see you anymore," I managed to say. Though on the inside, I meant the opposite. He pushed open the door this time and got a hold of my shoulders.
 

"W-wae? Did I do something wrong? Do you not love me anymore? Did you and Henry do something?" 
 

Me doing something with Henry? How could he think that? I glared at him; how can he just pretend that never happened?
 

"You should know what you did. You had fun, didn't you? I'm just some doll you can come to when you don't have RaMi!" I yelled, tears were now streaming down my face.
 

"Don't talk about yourself like that," he paused, his soft eyes turning angry, "it was a misunderstanding, she kissed me."
 

"And you didn't stop it? I saw you, Lee DongHae, you were just standing there, letting it happen," I retorted at him. My throat felt as if it would close up from so crying so much. I waited for a reply, but nothing came out of his mouth. The things I said must've been true. The pain in my heart was almost unbearable now.
 

"I knew it," I said, sniffing and gasping for air each time I talked, "you still like her. Everything you said before were just lies. Just... Just go. I don't want to see you anymore, lets just end this for the good of both of us." 
 

I pushed him out of my room and leaned back against me door. I slowly slid down until I was sitting and buried my face in my knees, crying like there was no tomorrow. I plugged in my head phones and drowned myself out of reality.  (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZB3D_mBL00I kept on asking myself that one question: Why did it have to be me? I stared out the window and saw the sun beginning to set. The memory of us watching the sunset at the park made me cry even more. I finally made my way to my bed and buried my face in my pillow. It had his sweet scent, which made the pain in my heart, worse. I cried until I felt like my tears have dried out. That's when I decided to text Henry.

TEXT MESSAGES

To: Henry
From: HyunMi

Henry, thank you again for today ^^ sorry I cried so much too ><

To: HyunMi
From: Henry

Ani, it's fine ^^ are you okay?  We had somewhat of a bonding time, right? Keke

I smiled at his text. I really missed his cute, jokester self.

To: Henry 
From: HyunMi

Yeah ^^ so did you visit all the teachers yet?

To: HyunMi
From: Henry

Yeah ^^ they haven't changed, haha.

Before I could send another text message, I received another one.

To: HyunMi
From: Henry

Do you want to go somewhere later? Maybe for dessert?

Though I didn't really feel like going anywhere, I didn't want to disappoint him. Plus, I loved desserts.

To: Henry 
From: HyunMi

Arraso! What time? ^^

To: HyunMi
From: Henry

I'll come pick you up at 8 then ^^

To: Henry
From: HyunMi

Arraso, mochi ^^ see you then ~

I threw my phone gently onto the bed and rested my head on the pillow again. The image of DongHae and RaMi kissing kept on flashing back into my mind. The fact that he couldn't explain himself hurt me the most. It was just like the dream, I thought. I sighed loudly and pulled myself up from the bed. It was already 7:45. I quickly picked out something to wear and picked up my bag. Suddenly, a knock came from the door. I cautiously twisted the door knob open and standing in front of my was my little sister, HyunJi.

"Unnie!"

Henry POV
 

I saw HyunMi walking with a smile on her face, so I decided to follow her and surprise her. She suddenly stopped in her tracks when she reached the garden, bewilderment in her eyes. Curious, I walked closer and saw DongHae and RaMi kissing. Anger boiled within me. What the hell was he doing? How can he do this to HyunMi? Subconsciously, I went over to HyunMi and pulled her away from the heart breaking scene, and embraced her in a tight hug. She cried silently in my arms and pulled away, staring at my face.
 

"Kwenchana? Don't cry," I said to her, caressing her cheeks and wiping her tears. We walked back into the school and I hugged her again. My stomach felt weird... As if there were butterflies? Why was I like this? I shook the feeling off.
 

"You sure you're okay?" 
 

She nodded and smiled.
 

"You have to talk to him about this, okay?" I said to her.
 

She nodded again, but her gaze was on the ground.
 

"Should I walk you home?" 
 

I asked her. She shook her head and smiled.
 

"Ani, I'm okay. Gomawo, Henry," she said. I hugged her tight before letting her leave. It hurt me to see her in this state... Did I like her? She headed to the entrance and pushed open the doors.  I smiled and began to leave when suddenly I saw DongHae. My mood took a turn as my blood began to boil.
 

"What are you trying to do to us?" He growled in my face, grabbing the collar of my shirt. Anger began to surface in me.
 

"What am I trying to do? Lee DongHae, wake up!  You're the one who made this mess!" I yelled back at him. I felt his grip loosen on my collar.
 

"What are you talking about...?" He asked weakly.
 

"Huh, you don't know?" I grabbed at his shirt collar and pulled him close to my face.

 

"This is your last chance, Lee DongHae. I'll back off on this one, but if you ever hurt HyunMi again," I took a breath, "I'll take her from you."

I glared at him once more before leaving. I stormed out of the school, trying to cool off. How can DongHae do this? And he acted like everything was fine even after kissing RaMi? Aish! I headed back to the hotel and laid flat onto the bed. The thought of HyunMi crying sent a strange pain to my heart. 
 

"Why am I like this?" I said out loud. 
 

A knock suddenly came and I stood up.
 

"Who is it?" I called, waiting for an answer. 
 

"It's me, YeSung!" I heard a muffled voice say through the door. I walked over and welcomed him in.
 

"Hyung, what's the matter?" I asked, staring at him.
 

"I said hi to you in the lobby, but you seemed like you were thinking about something intensely. Is everything okay?"
 

"Hyung, have you ever had this weird feeling in your stomach, that felt like you were flying?" I asked him, in need of advice.
 

"Mm, butterflies. Yeah, why?" 
 

"When do you get them?" 
 

"Well... When I'm on a ride. When the ride suddenly goes downhill, I get that feeling," he said simply. There was an edge to his voice that made it sound like he had more to say.
 

"And...?" I urged him.
 

"And when I'm with the girl I like. Whenever I hug her, talk to her, or even make eye contact with her my stomach flutters," he chuckled lightly. When he liked a girl? Does that mean I like HyunMi? 
 

"Wae? Do you like a girl?" He teased, nudging me.
 

"A-Ani!" I stuttered, warmth rushing to my face. 
 

"Who is it?" He laughed.
 

"Aish, someone!" I admitted.
 

"Arraso, arraso. I won't bother you about it," he chuckled, "so was that the problem you were thinking about so intensely?"
 

I nodded my head.
 

"Thanks hyung~" I said. 
 

"One more thing. Manager hyung told me to tell you about the new solo album you're doing. When you go back to Korea, you'll start working on it," he said. My heart jumped for joy.
 

"Jinja?! Daebak!" I pumped my fist in the air. I finally got to do my own solo album, which I asked the company about before. 
 

"Mm, good luck with your girl problems!" He said, leaving the room.
 

I laid back down on my bed, when my phone vibrated.

TEXT MESSAGES

To: Henry
From: HyunMi

Henry, thank you again for today ^^ sorry I cried so much too ><

My heart fluttered at the sight of her text.

To: HyunMi
From: Henry

Ani, it's fine ^^ are you okay?  We had somewhat of a bonding time, right? Keke

To: Henry 
From: HyunMi

Yeah ^^ so did you visit all the teachers yet?

To: HyunMi
From: Henry

Yeah ^^ they haven't changed, haha.

I gathered all my courage to send her another text message.

To: HyunMi 
From: Henry

Do you want to go somewhere later? Maybe for dessert? ^^

I knew she loved desserts; her favourite part of the meal would be dessert.

To: Henry 
From: HyunMi

Arraso! What time? ^^

My stomach felt like it was doing happy somersaults.

To: HyunMi
From: Henry

I'll come pick you up at 8 then ^^

To: Henry
From: HyunMi

Arraso, mochi ^^ see you then ~

I smiled at the fact that she called me mochi.  It was her favourite nickname for me back then.  I picked myself up from the bed and quickly fixed my hair, making myself presentable. I looked at the clock and it was already 7:45. I rushed downstairs and told KyuHyun to tell the others that I was going somewhere.
 

"Arraso, don't go out too late or else!" He called over my shoulder.
 

I called the driver and headed to HyunMi's house. As I arrive, I could see tiny specks of light all over HyunMi's front yard. Candles?  I told the driver to slow down and stop a bit far away from her house.  I saw HyunMi step out of the house hurriedly and stopped when she saw the the candles. A figure then came out of the shadows, holding what seemed like a rose.  The dim lights from the candles allowed me to see the face of the figure.  It was DongHae.  He was going to apologize?  I couldn't interfere with that, I thought.  I told the driver to head back to the hotel as I took my phone out.

To: HyunMi
From: Henry

HyunMi, miane! Some thing came up so I don't think I could go eat dessert with you! >< 

Lee DongHae, you sure are one lucky guy, you better treat her well.  I slipped my phone back into my pocket and headed back to the hotel with a heavy heart.  I stared out the window and thought how things could've been different if I were to realize my feelings for her earlier.  Would I still be with you instead?


drama drama drama >:D i worked on this last night just so i could upload it today for you guys <3 hope you like this story so far :D remember to subscribe and comment ^^ more comments = faster updates (: thank you to my current subscribers ^^ more updates will be coming soon ~

d'awww ♥ ♥ ♥