Cute Surprises

Fate Led Me to You

DongHae POV

 

I woke up at 6 this morning and looked out the window. It was still somewhat dark but the sun was rising. Jet lag, I thought. I still wasn't used to the time change. I tried to go back to sleep but I couldn't. I sighed on defeat and brushed my teeth. Where should I go today? Then I suddenly got the greatest idea. I quickly took a shower and dressed myself. Disguising myself with black hat, black leather jacket and a pair of jeans. No one will recognize me in this attire, I thought. I left the hotel room and walked down the hall to the elevators. A couple of teenage girls walked past me and didn't even look up at me. Assa! I have the perfect disguise. I smiled as the elevator slowly started to descend. I walked through the lobby and called the driver. I told him to drive back to the street where I picked up mochi girl, and he automatically understood. I arrived at her driveway not long after and sat there and waited. Her house was easy to distinguish because it was the only cream coloured house on the block. I examined the house number: 3639. My favourite numbers, I thought. I glimpsed at the clock: 7:49. I played some games on my phone to pass some time. Soon after, the driver alerted me that the door of her house was opening. I dropped my phone to my side and looked through the window and saw a figure walking out.  She yelled something but it was muffled so I couldn't hear well. She was wearing a cute oversized sweater and a pair of jeans, finished with a white scarf around her neck. My heart raced at the sight of her. Why was I like this? Snap out of it Lee DongHae! She was rummaging through her bag when she looked up and saw my van.  She stared with curiosity and surprise.  Her cheeks were a little red from the cold.  I opened the door of the van and motioned for her to get on. Her cheeks deepened in pink as she slowly walked towards me. Why was she so cute? I held out my hand to help her get on and she took it. The van started and we sat there in silence when she said something. 

"DongHae-ssi" she called to me. Her voice was so cute. Everything about her is cute, I thought childishly.

"Yes?" I asked her.

"Where are we going? I kind of have to go to school..." she trailed off. Oh right! She has school, you pabo ah!

"A-Ah, really?" I stuttered.

"Ne..." she replied.

"Where is your school? I'll drop you off." I smiled. She looked up at me with eagerness glinting in her eyes.

"Jinja? Kamsamnida!" she smiled and bowed, "it's a few blocks down from my house, at the corner." she pointed, still smiling. I chuckled at her innocence.

"Arraso." I said. A thought popped into my mind. I still have to ask for her name.

"Ah, right. What is your name?" I asked.

"A-Ah..." She smiled, "Lee HyunMi-imnida!" she offered me her hand. I shook it and we both laughed.

"HyunMi-ssi, shall we talk informally to each other now?" I asked, trying not to seem too eager.

"Shall we?" she smiled. My heart fluttered at her actions. I smiled back. Soon after, we arrived at her school. 

"HyunMi-ah!" I called after her before she got off the van, "let's exchange phone numbers." I said.

"Sure!" she beamed and handed me her phone. I unlocked it, revealing a picture of me as her wallpaper. I blushed and smiled and when she looked at me, she blushed as well.

"Ah... That..." she trailed off.

"Kwenchana! It's a good picture of me, don't you think?" I smiled at her.  She nodded her head in agreement. We both exchanged phones and she stepped out of the van.

"Gomawo, DongHae oppa!" she said and ran off to meet her friend. My heart raced. Did she just call me oppa? I smiled and blushed at the same time. I closed the door and the van began to move.  Not long after, my phone vibrated and I looked at the new message.

TEXT MESSAGES (Green is the sender [the POV], gray is the recipient)

 

From: HyunMi
Oppa, is this the right phone number?  It’s HyunMi, by the way ^^

 

 

To: HyunMi
Ne, this is the right number ^^ what are you planning to do today after school?

 

 

From: HyunMi
I'm not sure... >< are you having fun roaming around the city? ^^

 

 

To: HyunMi
Ne, your city is very big and refreshing! Keke

 

 

From: HyunMi
DongHae oppa, if you don't mind, I can show you around if you have time? ^^

 

 

My heart felt like it was going a 100 miles per hour. She wants to show me around? Yes! Lee DongHae, say yes!

 

 

To: HyunMi
Arraso! I'll come pick you up after school? Then you can show me around ~ keke

 

 

From: HyunMi 
Arraso oppa~ I'll talk to you later. I have to prepare for graduation. Annyeong ^^

 

 

To: HyunMi
Okay ^^ annyeong ~

 

I sat there, smiling while rereading our texts; excited about our date- I mean meeting after school.  I looked out the window, and everything suddenly seemed more beautiful.

 

HyunMi POV

I stepped into the van as my heart felt like it was beating out of my chest.  Where are we going?  Was he taking me out?  Of course not, Lee HyunMi.  Why would an idol take you out, if they had other beautiful idols they worked with?  I shook that thought away as I realized I had school.

"Donghae-ssi, where are we going?  I kind of have to go to school..." I trailed off.  He looked at me and looked surprised.  He must've forgotten I had school.  Before I could say anything else, he offered to drop me off.  My heart started beating like crazy again.  He really wants to drop me off? HyunMi, don't ruin your chance and just say yes!

"Jinja?  Kamsamnida!" I said, sounding too eager.  He chuckled at my reaction as I told him where my school was.  On the way there, he suddenly asked for my name.  I was taken aback at his question but managed to introduce myself.  Before I knew it, my hand stretched towards him, asking for a handshake.  He quickly took it as we both laughed.  He suggested we start using banmal (informal Korean).  I agreed with a calm face, but on the inside I was jumping with joy.  Banmal means we're close, right?  That means- 

"HyunMi-ah!" I snapped back to reality and realized we were at school and I was about to get off the van.  DongHae was calling me.  I was wondering why, and that's when he asked to exchange phone numbers!!  I fan girled inside but tried to hide it.  I eagerly took out my phone and handed it to him, while he did the same with his.  His wallpaper was of him and EunHyuk, taking selcas.  I smiled at the picture.  I looked up at DongHae and realized that I had HIS photo as my wallpaper.  He blushed as I did the same.  I tried to explain but no words could come out.  

"Kwenchana!  It's a nice picture of me, don't you think?" he asked as he smiled at me.  He was trying to cover up for me... he's such a sweet person!  Of course, HyunMi, that's why you like him, I thought to myself.  I couldn't help my nod in agreement while my cheeks flushed pink.  I handed exchanged our phones again as I stepped out and thanked DongHae, calling him oppa.  Without looking at his expression, I ran over to SoEun.  That was a pretty big step, HyunMi; I thought to myself.  But I don’t care.  Nothing can ruin a perfect day like this!

SoEun POV

I saw HyunMi step out of a black van. As she walked towards me, I glanced behind her to find a man sitting inside the van with a dark coloured outfit, with a smile on his face. His figure and smile seemed familiar.  Have I seen him somewhere?  Before I could see the details, he closed the van door. I directed my attention to HyunMi.

"Yah, Lee HyunMi. Are you having a relationship without telling me?" I asked her sternly.

"Aniyo! I'm not! SoEun-ah, let's talk while we walk, huh?" She asked using her aegyo.

We walked towards the garden and found a bench to sit on.

"Lee HyunMi, spill it." I said sternly, but she knew I was joking.

"SoEun, do you believe in miracles?" she asked me.

"Somewhat... why?" I asked her, curiously.

"Because a miracle happened to me last night, after I took you home!" she squealed.

"What do you mean?" I questioned, confused.

"After taking you home last night, I felt like someone was following me.  I quickened my pace when a van pulled up.  Guess who was in the van?" she asked, her eyes gleaming with joy.

"Who?  The man with the dark outfit?" I asked her, referring to the man in the van.  She nodded her head excitedly.

"Yes!  And he was Lee DongHae!" she cried, her voice full of joy.  

"BWO?  Lee DongHae?!  The man you are practically in love with?!" I asked, eyes wide with surprise.

"He drove me here this morning!" she said as her face took on a light shade of pink.

"Jinja?? Aish, I wish I could meet EunHyuk!"  I said.

"Don't worry, I think luck will be on your side and you'll meet him soon!" she smiled at me.

"Don't jinx it!" I said jokingly and laughed, "C'mon, let's go to class now."  I glanced over at her phone and realized she was texting DongHae.  Omo, how lucky was this girl?  But there was one thing that is picking at me… why was he smiling so intimately after HyunMi came out of the van?  Did he like her?  I shook the thought away and kept it in the back of my mind, just in case I needed it later on.


Double Update + Long chapter :D  Hope you enjoyed this story so far ^^ Please subscribe and upvote if you like this story :D  Remember to leave comments so I know if you like it or not (:  

 

Annyeong for now~