Confused Heart Break

Fate Led Me to You

HyunMi POV

 

It was Sunday and I woke up to my ringtone. Was it DongHae? I grabbed my phone and realized it was SoEun. 
 

"Annyeong SoEun!" I greeted her.
 

"Yah, Lee HyunMi, you promised to explain to me what was going on with you lately. Now where's my explaination?" She asked, acting angry.
 

"Arraso, arraso," I said and began explaining everything; from the tour, when I cried, and when we went to the mall.
 

"Aish you lucky girl.  Does he know he’s like your life?" she said, laughing through the phone.
 

"Of course not!  How could I say that to him?  It’s not like he’ll like me back, anyway." I replied, somewhat disappointed
 

"Well you never know~ So what's up? Are you going to do something today with him? Again?" She giggled.
 

"Ani... I think he might be busy today." I replied. 
 

"Arraso, I'll let you rest then.  Text me later!" She said.
 

"Alright, annyeong!" I said and hung up. I decided to text DongHae to see what he was up to.

TEXT MESSAGES (Green is the sender [the POV], gray is the recipient)

To: DongHae
From: HyunMi

Annyeong oppa ^^ you're probably doing something busy right? Miane for bothering you >< it's still rainy so remember to wear more clothing! I'll leave you alone now. Fighting ~ ^^

I hugged the bear DongHae got me, hoping for a reply. Not long after, my phone let out a text sound.

To: HyunMi
From: DongHae

Annyeong HyunMi-ah ^^ I have a press conference right now, but we're in the middle of a break. Arraso, I'll wear more. You have to do the same, got it? Or I will be mad if you get sick keke. I'll call you later, arraso? Annyeong ~

I smiled at the text and put my phone down. I went to wash up and eat breakfast.

"Morning umma, HyunJi," I said. 
 

They both greeted me and we sat down to eat breakfast.
 

"Unnie, how was your date with DongHae?" She smirked at me. My mom raised an eyebrow at this remark and smiled.
 

"Yah! It wasn't even a date! We just went to watch a movie and went shopping, as friends!" I argued. 
 

"Ah... Jinja? That's too bad," she said, poking at her scrambled eggs.
 

I finished my breakfast and excused myself to go finish my homework. I opened my math textbook and laid my head on the desk. It would be nice to date him, huh? I thought to myself. But why would he choose me over all those other pretty idols? I shook the thought away and my music, going back to work. As I was writing, the music as interrupted by my text tone. I looked for my phone, only to find it on my bed. I walked over and looked at the text. It was from Lee DongHae.

To: HyunMi 
From: DongHae

HyunMi~ what are you doing now? I want to see you, kekeke

I blushed and smiled at the text. Oh how childish this guy was. I decided to play along.

To: DongHae 
From: HyunMi

Oppaa~ I'm doing my homework right now. I want to see you too ><

I stared at my phone, waiting for another reply. Soon, another message came.

To: HyunMi 
From: DongHae

Really? I finished all of my schedules today so I'm free~ since you’re doing your homework, do you want me to come over to see you? ^^

My heart stopped for a second.  He was coming to see me?  I thought he was just joking... I quickly replied.

To: DongHae 
From: HyunMi

Oppa you can come over if you want ^^ though I might be just doing homework and I won't be able to accompany you much ㅠㅠ

To: HyunMi 
From: DongHae

Kwenchana! I'll just be there for a bit and I'll go after~ I'll see you soon then ^^

I smiled and put my phone down. I went downstairs to tell my mom about DongHae's visit.
 

"Umma, DongHae is going to come over soon. So if there's a knock on the door, it's probably him." 
 

"Arraso." She said, not lifting her eyes off the book. HyunJi peeked through the door frame.
 

"DongHae oppa is coming here?" She asked excitedly. 
 

"Yeah... Why are you so excited?" I asked, weirded out by her reaction, "you don't like Super Junior."
 

"Ani, I started to search up their music and videos which my friends told me to do. Now I really like them too!" She replied. I rolled my eyes and asked her who her favourite was.
 

"Lee DongHae!" She replied. 
 

"Tch," was all I said before going back to my room. Not long later, my mom called for me. 
 

"HyunMi!  Someone's here for you!" She called out. I turned the music volume down and headed downstairs, only to find the most attractive person standing in the doorway. 
 

"Annyeong!" DongHae said, waving at me.
 

"Annyeong DongHae!" I said back. I motioned for him to come inside and I introduced him to my family.
 

"This is my mom," I said, gesturing towards her. DongHae bowed 90 degrees and introduced himself.
 

"Annyeonghasaeyo!  Lee DongHae-imnida. Nice to meet you, Ms. Lee!" He said, holding out his hand. They shook hands.
 

"Ne, I know you you are," she smiled, "my daughter was always talking about you; nice to meet you too."
 

"Umma!" I said, embarrassed. DongHae chuckled shyly and rubbed the back of his neck. 
 

"Mian," I whispered to him. He looked at me and shook his head, trying to tell me it was okay. I smiled and continued on, introducing him to my sister.
 

"And this is my younger sister, HyunJi." I said.
 

"Annyeonghasaeyo, oppa!" She said to DongHae shyly.
 

"Annyeong!" He said, waving to her. HyunJi blushed and I laughed. She ran back to her room while DongHae and I walked to my room.
 

"My sister is a fan of yours too, by the way,I said to DongHae, slightly laughing, "and umma, we'll be upstairs off you need anything."
 

We entered my room and I sat back down on my chair, while DongHae plopped himself onto my bed. I smiled at him.

 

"Wae?" He asked, looking at me.
 

"A-Ani..." I said, blushing, "What you did was cute." 
 

"Ah, jinja?" He said with a pout and aegyo, "I'm pretty cute, aren't I?" 
 

"Tch, ani. Not anymore." I said jokingly, turned back to my work. I suddenly felt a tug on my chair. Before I knew it, DongHae pulled the chair to face him. I stared into his eyes as he did into mine. We stayed there for a while, staring into each other's eyes, like the world was revolving around us. My heart beated rapidly, unable to stop. His face slowly approached mine until we were just centimetres away. I felt his breath against my face and closed my eyes. Suddenly, I heard a knock on my door. HyunJi bursted in. I snapped open my eyes and looked at her, only to find her face in shock.
 

"U-unnie... What are you guys doing?" She asked, surprised.  I pushed DongHae away and pretended to brush my shirt clean, while DongHae cleared his throat in embarrassment. 
 

"N-Nothing." I stammered, "We were just having a staring contest.  DongHae was trying to win me." I said, stealing a glance at DongHae who was busy pretending to admire the posters in my room.
 

"Well umma told me to tell you to come down for dinner. DongHae oppa should eat with us too!" She exclaimed shyly. She left the room and I let out a sigh of relief. He tried to... Kiss me? What the... Does he like me or something? A billion questions started forming in my head but I shook them off.
 

"Kaja," I said to DongHae.
 

"Arraso," he said back. We headed downstairs, welcomed by the aroma of the food. I inhaled the scent and sighed happily; when I heard DongHae chuckle next to me. I looked over to him and gave him questioning look, only to get a pinch on my cheek. I pouted and he mouthed 'kyeopta'. I sat at the dining table, with DongHae across from me. I picked up my spoon and started eating, not daring to look up to avoid awkward moments. 
 

"So, DongHae-ssi, how long are you going to stay here?" My mom asked, directing her attention at him.
 

"I'm going to stay until a few days after our concert, Ms. Lee," he replied.
 

"Ah. Is that so..." My mom said, trailing off.  I looked up to see DongHae staring at me, and I quickly looked down again. Soon after, I finished my dinner and excused myself, while DongHae did the same and thanked my mom for the meal. I headed to my room, with him following me. 
 

"Do you want to drink anything?" I asked him.
 

"Sure," he said, "Can I have some milk?" 
 

"Of course," I said. I headed downstairs and went to get him a cup of milk. I entered my room to reveal a sleeping DongHae lying peacefully on my bed. He must be really tired... I thought. I placed the cup on my table and headed over to him. I sat on the bedside and swept his bangs from his eyes. He looked like an angel, I thought, and kept on admiring his perfect face. Suddenly, his eyes fluttered open, just like that time at the movies. 
 

"Ah, miane. I must've fallen asleep again," he said, rubbing his eyes.
 

"Ne, here's your cup of milk," I said, handing him the cup. 
 

"Gomawo," he said, taking the cup. I sat down beside him and picked up my history textbook, attempting to study. I heard him stop drinking and I looked up, only to find him with the cutest milk-stache ever. I giggled and took a tissue, raising it to his mouth to wipe it. He sat there staring at me while I smiled. I looked at the clock and realized it was kind of late, and he didn't have a driver to take him home.
 

"Oppa, do you still want to sleep? It's 10 already. You can stay in the guest room if you'd like." I offered.
 

"Jinja?" He asked, "Mm... arraso, I'll stay here for tonight."
 

My heart leaped for joy, but I tried to hide it. I led him to the guest room and let him settle in. I left the room and took a shower. Soon after, I tiptoed to check up on DongHae quietly because everyone was sleeping. I heard him talk, and I was thinking he must be on the phone.  I stayed outside the room, overhearing what he was talking about.  I heard him telling someone about where he was staying, and I guessed it was EunHyuk.  Suddenly, my heart dropped.

"A-Ani!  It's not like that!  She's just a friend!  I like someone else!" he said.

My heart felt like it shattered to a million pieces.  He... didn't like me?  But why did he try to kiss me?  Or was he trying to tell me something?  Of course he doesn't like you, HyunMi, did you expect him to like you?  A voice said in my head.  You already said yourself that he wouldn't like someone like you.  My eyes stung, as a tear rolled down my cheek.  I hurriedly walked back to my room and closed the door.  I hugged a pillow and silently sobbed.  I stayed there for who knows how long, until I finally drifted off to sleep.  After a while, I woke up.  I looked over to the clock and realized it was 2 in the morning.  I trudged myself to the washroom to wash up.  I stared at myself in to mirror and my eyes were all puffy.

"Aish... Lee HyunMi, look at yourself," I said.  I splashed my face with cold water and headed back to my room.  I past the guest room and walked in, to find the bedside lamp .  He doesn't sleep without a nightlight, I thought, smiling weakly to myself. I walked into the room and pulled the blanket over his shoulders. I prepared to leave when I felt an arm wrap around me and pull me towards the owner. I fell backwards onto the bed in shock.  My head lay on the pillow and I looked up. DongHae was sleeping soundlessly and had his arms tight around me. What to do I do? I can't wake him up right now. Why does he have to be so perfect even when he's asleep? Why do you still have to do this to me... if you didn't like me?  A million thoughts sailed through my mind, but before I knew it, I drifted off in his arms.

DongHae POV
 

I was wondering what HyunMi was doing during our break in between our press conference. I was debating whether to text her or not, when my phone let out a sound. I looked at the screen and realized it was HyunMi. I smiled as my heart started beating rapidly. She told me to wear more clothing since it was colder out. I chuckled and replied that I'll listen to her, and she should wear more too or I will get mad. We soon texted good bye as I went back to the press conference. Though out the whole interview, I sat there thinking about HyunMi. After what seemed like forever, the conference ended and we were packing up, ready to go back to the hotel. That's when I texted HyunMi. I said I wanted to see her, because I really did. She soon texted back saying she wanted to see me too and my heart leaped for joy. I suggested I come over to see her and she said yes. Soon after, I arrived at her house and knocked. Her mom opened the door and called for HyunMi to come down. I heard a door open from inside the house, revealing HyunMi in her pink shirt with blue and white plaid pajama pants. When she saw me, she smiled and I smiled back. She introduced me to her family and I tried to be as polite as I could, to have a good impression on them of course. 

When I introduced myself, her mom slightly laughed.

"Ne, I know you you are," she smiled, "my daughter was always talking about you; nice to meet you too."
 

"Umma!" HyunMi said, while I chuckled and rubbed the back of my neck.  She whispered sorry and I shook my head, assuring her that it was okay.
 

"And this is my younger sister, HyunJi," She continued.
 

"Annyeonghasaeyo, oppa!" She said to me shyly.
 

"Annyeong!" I said, waving to her.  She blushed and ran back to her room.  Her sister seemed quite shy, I thought. 

"HyunJi is a fan of yours too, by the way,she said, slightly laughing as if she read my mind.  I chuckled and nodded.  We headed upstairs and we entered her room. Her walls were full of Super Junior posters which made me smile. I could see photos of me and I slightly blushed, hoping HyunMi wouldn't notice. She sat down on her chair as I sat myself on her bed. I heard her giggle and asked her what's wrong.

"A-Ani..." She stuttered, "what you did was cute." She thought I was cute? My heart beated faster.
 

"Ah, jinja?" I said with a pout and aegyo, "I'm pretty cute, aren't I?" 
 

"Tch, ani. Not anymore." She said. She turned her chair around as I turned it back towards me.  I was thinking about acting mad towards her, but I couldn't help but stare into her dark chocolate brown eyes.  Our faces were a few inches away from one another. We stared into each other’s eyes as I slowly leaned in... Lee DongHae, what are you doing? A voice sounded in my head; which I ignored. We were a few centimetres apart when she closed her eyes. Before I could lean in any closer, a knock came from the door and HyunJi came in. HyunMi opened her eyes and looked over to her sister. She quickly pushed me away as I cleared my throat in embarrassment and pretended to observe the posters on the walls. 
 

"U-unnie... What are you guys doing?" She asked, surprised.
 

"N-Nothing," HyunMi stammered, "we were just having a staring contest. DongHae was trying to win me." 
 

"Well umma told me to tell you to come down for dinner. DongHae oppa should eat with us too!" HyunJi exclaimed shyly and left the room.
 

"Kaja," HyunMi said. I followed her out the room and down the stairs. I looked over to her and saw her inhale the wonderful aroma of food and smiling. Oh how cute can she get? I chuckled and she looked over to me and gave me a questioning look. I pinched her cheeks in response, which was my favourite thing to do. She pouted and I mouthed 'kyeopta' in reply. We sat down at the dinner table, with me sitting across from HyunMi and HyunJi next to me. I was looking over to HyunMi, though she didn't look up the whole time. I tried my best to hide my disappointment when her mom asked me something.
 

"So, DongHae-ssi, how long are you going to stay here?" 
 

"I'm going to stay until a few days after our concert, Ms. Lee," I replied. 
 

"Ah. Is that so..." She nodded. I looked up to HyunMi and caught her gaze, though she quickly looked back down at her food. We both finished our food and I thanked her mom for the meal, and followed HyunMi upstairs. She asked if I wanted to drink anything and I told her I wanted milk. She headed downstairs as I lay on the bed. My eyelids felt heavy, and I drifted off to sleep. My eyes soon opened and revealed HyunMi staring at me. I rubbed my eyes and she handed me the cup of milk. I drank happily because I haven't drunk milk in a while. I finished drinking and put the cup down. HyunMi giggled and I stared at her with a confused look. She took a tissue and wiped my mouth. Only then I realized I had a milk-stache. She smiled as I stared at her. My heart raced, but I hope she didn't notice. She looked over to the clock and looked back at me.
 

"Oppa, do you still want to sleep? It’s 10 already. You can stay in the guest room if you'd like." She said. I tried not to show too much happiness and agreed. She led me to the guest room and I settled in as she left. I called Hyukkie to tell him I was going to stay over at a friend's house.

"Who?" he asked, curious.

"That girl I told you about," I said, "And her name is HyunMi; Lee HyunMi."

"Ah... well have fun," he said, snickering through the phone.

"Yah, hyung!  It's not like we're sleeping together!  I'm staying in her guest room and the driver isn't here so-"

"Why don't you just call the driver to come over?" he asked, innocently, cutting me off, "Face it Lee Donghae, you just want to stay close to her," he laughed.

"A-Ani!  It's not like that!  She's just a friend!  I like someone else!" I lied.  Though he knew me too well, and knew that I liked HyunMi.

"Aigoo, our DongHae must've fallen in love with HyunMi-ssi!" he teased.  

"Aish!  Whatever. I'm going to sleep. Good night." I said, hanging up the phone.

I put my phone down and laid there. I pulled the blankets over my shoulder and kept the bedside lamp on; since I didn't like the dark. My eyes closed and I soon dozed off.


LONNGGG chap :D somewhat of a cliff hanger? LOL . worked on it for a few days ^^ i hope you like it so far ~ remember to subscribe and comment :D and thanks to all my subscribers ! It's you guys who keep me writing ^^

KittyHae says annyeong ~ ^^