Realization

Fate Led Me to You

3rd Person POV

 

HyunMi woke up the next morning, stretching her arms and squinting at the sunlight glowing through her window. She sat there to recollect her thoughts.  I cried a lot yesterday… in front of Donghae… Her thoughts were interrupted by her ringtone. She held up her phone and looked at the screen: Lee DongHae. She smiled and picked up.
 

"Yobeosaeyo?" She answered.
 

"HyunMi? Annyeong!" DongHae answered through the phone. HyunMi smiled.
 

"Ne, oppa, is there something you need?" She asked him.
 

"Ani... I was just calling to see if you slept well last night." He said sheepishly.
 

"Ne, I slept like a baby," She said and giggled, "how about you oppa?"
 

"Ah, I slept well too." He replied over the phone. Actually, I didn't; I was up the whole night thinking of you, he thought.
 

"That's good." She said with a yawn.
 

"HyunMi, you want to go somewhere today?" He asked.
 

"Sure! Where should we go?" She asked brightly. 
 

"Mmm... Let’s decided later," He asked, "I'll come pick you up!" 
 

"Arraso. Annyeong oppa~" she said.  HyunMi got up from her bed and put on her glasses. She got ready and headed downstairs.
 

"Good morning umma." She said, greeting her mom.
 

"Good morning honey." Her mom said.
 

"Where's HyunJi?" She asked.
 

"Still sleeping, I think." Her mom replied.

 

"Ah... Well I'm going to meet a friend soon."
 

"Who?" He mom asked curiously.
 

"Lee DongHae." HyunMi smiled.
 

"Ah, well have fun!" Her mom smiled, "and don't forget to turn on your phone!"
 

"Arraso!" HyunMi replied, putting her shoes on. She stepped out of the house and saw the familiar black van.  DongHae opened the door and motioned for her to get in. 
 

"Annyeong oppa!" HyunMi greeted DongHae.
 

"Annyeong, dongsaeng-ah," he smiled at her new look; she looked cute with her glasses, he thought. "Should we go watch a movie?" 
 

"A-Ah, jinja?" She said, eyes glinting with excitement.
 

"Ne." DongHae replied, chuckling. They soon arrived at the movie theatres and were deciding what movie to watch. 
 

"Let’s watch [insert movie name here]!" HyunMi said happily.
 

"Should we?" DongHae said, staring at HyunMi and smiling. She nodded in response. "Arraso! I'll go buy the tickets, it's on me." He said. 
 

"Gomawo, oppa!" HyunMi said excitedly. They bought the tickets and headed to the snack counter. 
 

"What do you want to eat, HyunMi-ah?" DongHae asked, scanning the menu.
 

"Mm... I want to eat popcorn and chocolate!" She said, like a child asking their parents for toys.
 

"Arraso. Oppa will buy it for you." DongHae said, chuckling at her cuteness.

 

"Oppa, I'll order!" HyunMi said. "One medium popcorn and this," she said to the cashier, holding out a bag of chocolates. 
 

"Do you want anything to drink?" She asked DongHae. 
 

"Ah... A coke slush?" He suggested. 
 

"Oh! I want to drink that too.  Should we order one to share?" She offered. DongHae blushed and nodded.
 

"And one medium coke slush, please!" She said to the cashier in English.
 

"Okay, your total will be $10.50" the cashier said.
 

"Oppa, the total is $10.50." She said to DongHae in Korean. He handed the cashier money and nodded his head.
 

"Gomawo, oppa!" HyunMi said, holding the food happily.
 

"You're welcome, HyunMi-ah." He said, smiling.
 

They soon entered the theatre and found their seats. They sat down and watched the commercials. 30 minutes into the movie, HyunMi felt a weight on her shoulders. She looked over to find a sleeping DongHae. He must be tired, she thought. She got distracted and admired his face. DongHae's spiky hair covered part of his face, his long eyelashes lined up messily, but perfectly. Her heart started thumping rapidly. Snap out of it, Lee HyunMi! Watch the movie! She thought to herself. Still, she couldn't help but look over to DongHae every few minutes. Soon, the movie ended and HyunMi tried to wake up DongHae.
 

"Oppa," she shook him gently, "the movie's over, wake up."  DongHae's eyes fluttered open and looked at HyunMi.
 

"Oh, jinja? I must've slept through the whole movie... Miane." He said, sitting up and rubbing his eyes.

 

 

"Ne... it's okay! You probably needed more sleep." She said, smiling.  DongHae chuckled slightly and stood up. 
 

"Where should we go next?" He asked.
 

"Where do you want to go?" HyunMi asked back. 
 

"Mm... Shopping?" DongHae suggested. 
 

"Okay!" HyunMi replied happily. They walked out of the cinema to the shopping mall. They walked past a pet store and HyunMi asked to go inside. 
 

"Oppa, let’s go in there!" She said, pointing at the pet store. 

 

"Arraso." He replied.

HyunMi walked in and went to look at the dogs.
 

"Ah, kyeopta!" She squealed like a little girl, "oppa, isn't this one cute?" She asked, pointing to a white toy Pomeranian. 
 

"Ani," He joked as you pouted, "it's not cuter than you!" He said, pinching her cheeks.
HyunMi blushed at this remark and smiled as they continued walking. They walk out of the pet shop and headed to the ice cream shop. 

 

"What flavour do you want, oppa?" HyunMi asked. 
 

"Mm... Ani, I'm on a diet. Should oppa buy it for you?" He smiled.
 

"Ani, kwenchana! I'll buy it." She said.
She headed over to the cashier and ordered a cookies n' cream ice cream. She got her cup of ice cream and headed back to DongHae, who was waiting for her. She got an extra spoon and scooped the ice cream and held it towards his mouth. 

 

"Oppa, even if you're on a diet, you should still eat some, just for today!" She smiled.
DongHae nodded in defeat and shared the ice cream with HyunMi. They entered the women's clothing store and HyunMi scanned the whole store for clothing of her taste. 

 

"Oppa, what do you think of this one?" She asked; holding up a knitted white and grey polka dotted sweater.
 

"I like it." He replied, smiling, "I'll buy it for you." 
 

"Ah... Jinja? You've paid for a lot of things today..." She trailed off, lips forming into a pout. DongHae smiled at her guilt and poked her cheeks. 
 

"Kwenchana! After all, I was the one who made you come out anyways." He said.
 

"Mm... Arraso. Next time I will pay!" HyunMi replied. After paying, they walked out of the store. They came upon a Disney store. They walked in and went straight to the stuffed toys. HyunMi picked up a Nemo stuffy and held it up to DongHae. 
 

"Look! Oppa, it's you!" She said, giggling. DongHae laughed as he picked up a pink bear that smelled like strawberries. 
 

"And this is you!" He said, holding up the bear to HyunMi. They both laughed and decided to buy the stuffies for each other. Wait… Isn't this what couples do? We're not even a couple yet... HyunMi thought. She shook the thought away and purchased the Nemo while DongHae bought the bear.
 

"Here!" HyunMi said, exchanging their gifts.  DongHae looked at his watch.
 

"HyunMi-ah, should I take you home? It's already 6."
 

"Arraso! Let me get one more thing. You wait here." She said, running into a clothing store.  Not long after, HyunMi came out with a bag with an “A” on it. 
 

"Kaja!" She said to DongHae, who was playing games on his phone.
 

"Okay." He said, lifting his eyes off the screen. They headed to the exit and realized it was raining. DongHae took off his jacket and put it over their heads; arms around HyunMi. He stared at her and mouthed 'ready?' She nodded in response and they headed outside. They stood there, searching for the van. Suddenly, DongHae dropped his jacket and stood on front of HyunMi, blocking water from splashing on her from a passing car. HyunMi opened her eyes and started at DongHae, his hair dripping with water, droplets falling onto his eyelashes.
 

"Kwenchana?" He asked HyunMi worriedly.
 

"N-Ne..." She managed to say, "but you're all wet." 
 

"Ah it's fine." He responded with his assuring smile. The van soon arrived and they entered. HyunMi took out a tissue and started gently dabbing DongHae's face, attempting to dry it.
 

"Oppa, you can't get sick. You still have a concert to perform." She said, smiling. DongHae's heart rate sped up and he nodded in response. She's soaking wet, yet she only cares about me, he thought. Soon after, they arrived at HyunMi's house and the van stopped. She handed the bag she got earlier, the one with an “A” on it to DongHae, then waved and said good bye, running back to her house trying to avoid getting more wet. DongHae watched her enter her house and slumped into his seat.  He looked at the bag and opened it.  Revealing four shirts:  green, dark blue, grey and white; each shirt with different designs that suited his style.  He smiled and looked into the bag and found a card.

 

“DongHae oppa, thank you for taking me out and buying lots of things for me today.  I got you some shirts too; I hope you like them ^^ If you wear them, it means that you like them, arraso? Keke. 

 

                    -HyunMi ~”

 

He smiled at the card and tucked it into his pocket.  Lee HyunMi, I have officially fallen for you.  Do you... by any chance... feel the same?


Yaay ! I finally updated :D Cliche + sweet chap (: hope you like it ^^ and remember to subscribe and comment :D Again , thanks to all my subscribers ^^ annyeong for now ~

 

Donghae does a magic trick ~ ^^